Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled

Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled

Wednesday, January 18th, 2012 3:48pm CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 34,591

So we opened our inbox today to find, that some anonymous source had sent us the first images of the new Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee figure.
This is an all new Deluxe Class Bumblebee mold, oh yea "Revealers" is the new name for Deluxe Class. It does share a few bits of engineering with the previous "First Edition" Bumblebee, but as you can see that's about it.

And just to compare, the First Edition mold

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): Anonymous

This article was last modified on Wednesday, January 18th, 2012 4:06pm CST

Re: Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled (1335370)
Posted by BeastProwl on January 18th, 2012 @ 3:56pm CST
Yeah, they have a "Revealers" Cliffjumper too.
I'm guessing these two arent the only ones out there.
So, these 1st addition molds are one of a kind then?
Re: Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled (1335371)
Posted by DISCHARGE on January 18th, 2012 @ 3:57pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:Is it me, or does the First Edition one look better?

It's hard to say,
Thing is they keep picking these wierd yellow colors to use. Anytime I see a Camaro on the street it is a bright yellow, not some offbeat strange yellow\gold hybrid. I wish they would just stick to some realism at times, like the first on, so yeah I guess I like that one better too.
Re: Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled (1335378)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 18th, 2012 @ 4:06pm CST
Though the two are indeed different figures, the two look like they share some few similar parts.

And, those are the same stock photos shown at NYCC.
Re: Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled (1335388)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on January 18th, 2012 @ 4:25pm CST
DISCHARGE wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Is it me, or does the First Edition one look better?

It's hard to say,

I bet he's mistransformed, if they can pull off Bulkhead so well on their first try, then I can't see a second go at Bumblebee being worse than the first, especially when he has the simplest transformation out of any of the TFers in the show.
Re: Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled (1335409)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 18th, 2012 @ 5:34pm CST
I doubt I'll ever get any PRIME figures for the simple reason that I'll still be trying to figure out which versions to go for on my death-bed.
Re: Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled (1335414)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on January 18th, 2012 @ 5:42pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:Is it me, or does the First Edition one look better?

The Official one is clearly mis-transformed
Re: Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled (1335417)
Posted by dabattousai on January 18th, 2012 @ 5:45pm CST
Cliffjumper's body and shoulders look a lot better. The only nitpick I have on Bumblebee is whatever that yellow piece is behind his head.
Re: Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled (1335421)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 18th, 2012 @ 5:51pm CST
both look like crap. So does this mean the first edition molds wont be seen again once the full line is out?
Re: Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled (1335435)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on January 18th, 2012 @ 6:23pm CST
So, Revealers basically means he's got two forearm lasers instead of one?
Re: Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled (1335441)
Posted by funklizard on January 18th, 2012 @ 6:35pm CST
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:So, Revealers basically means he's got two forearm lasers instead of one?

No, there's clearly been some mold changes above thee waist; below the waist he looks identical.

That plastic behind the head is new; so it looks like the head transformation has probably been simplified. Not sure I like that; it definitely doesn't look as good. But it also looks like he's got a new shoulder joint that should allow for more natural arm movement. That looks like a genuine improvement.
Re: Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled (1335453)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 18th, 2012 @ 6:55pm CST
No, it's due to some new gimmick the Revealers have. "Revealers" is the new name for the Deluxes of this line.

funklizard wrote:

It's a not a remold. It's a new figure altogether.
Re: Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled (1335454)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on January 18th, 2012 @ 6:58pm CST
funklizard wrote:

I thought something looked off, but I figured it was just shoddy transformation on the photographer's part. I didn't like the first version of BB, and I like him even less here.
Re: Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled (1335461)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on January 18th, 2012 @ 7:13pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

Like something along the lines of Mechtech?
Re: Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled (1335464)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 18th, 2012 @ 7:20pm CST
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Like something along the lines of Mechtech?
Possibly. I'm guessing another light up gimmick simialr to the one used by the Voyagers/"Powerizers" and the Cyberverse figures. We've heard very little info on it at this time, though. :-|
Re: Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled (1335471)
Posted by funklizard on January 18th, 2012 @ 7:57pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:It's a not a remold. It's a new figure altogether.

The pictures we have suggest otherwise. It will be hard to know for sure until someone has both in-hand or we have much more detailed photos.
Re: Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled (1335485)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on January 18th, 2012 @ 8:22pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Like something along the lines of Mechtech?

Light up gimmicks? Wouldn't that be a little expensive for deluxe class figs? I just hope they won't try to keep the price the same by over simplifying the transformations and shrinking the main figs to accommodate the cost of the gimmicks.

The mechtech thing seriously made me pass on a lot of the DOTM line.
Re: Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled (1335491)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 18th, 2012 @ 8:40pm CST
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Like something along the lines of Mechtech?

The mechtech thing seriously made me pass on a lot of the DOTM line.
Well, they got them in the Cyberverse figures too.

I think it might be that something else (like a weapon) with the light up feature built into it plugs into the figure to make their translucent parts light up, rather than the gimmick being built into the figures themselves.
Re: Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled (1335515)
Posted by Blurrz on January 18th, 2012 @ 10:56pm CST

Re: Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled (1335517)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 18th, 2012 @ 11:06pm CST
Blurrz wrote:I don't mind the design but I can't get behind the fact that we're getting two choices for Bumblebee and Cliffjumper in the exact same scale when other Prime characters might be neglected (Airachnid, etc).
Don't forget that this is just Wave 1 of a toyline that isn't even out yet. We've yet to see much beyond the first few waves, so there's probably a lot more planned that we don't know about. ;)
Re: Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled (1335523)
Posted by Blurrz on January 18th, 2012 @ 11:39pm CST
If you said that to me back in '08 about Animated, I'd believe you. But with hindsight of that I just can't dig how Prime is being dealt with, especially with how delayed this toy line is. Tomorrow Hasbro could just cancel this toyline and I wouldn't even be surprised. We've gone over 14 monrhs without the real toyline and the Voyager wave, whom the face of the franchise happens to be in, hasnt even made it in the US. Absurd.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Selects God Neptune Combiner Wars Coelagon Gulf Skalor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! G15 Hunter Bulkhead Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS02 KRAKEN (Seawing) / Seacons / In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS06 LOBCLAW (Nautilator) / Seacons / In Han" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers | Retro Headmasters | Deluxe Class: Brainstorm + Arcana" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Of The Primes Vector Prime Master Metalhawk" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations CYBER BATTALION SIDESWIPE Complete Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers Skullcruncher G1 Complete w/ Instructions Stats Card Hasbro" on EBAY