Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave and Laserbeak

Transformers News: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave and Laserbeak

Saturday, January 21st, 2012 9:51AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 37,153

With the an onslaught of releases from Argos, youtube.com member Majora22 has also posted a 2 part video review. This time it is Transformers Prime Robot in Disguise Deluxe (Revealer) Soundwave with drone (Laserbeak). Although he passes on transforming him in front of the camera, he has shared robot mode and vehicle mode. So without further ado:

Credit(s): Majora22

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave and Laserbeak (1336577)
Posted by Va'al on January 21st, 2012 @ 9:56am CST
Me me me me me me me me me me me me!
I am so going around EVERY SINGLE ARGOS to find this next week.
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave and Laserbeak (1336582)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 21st, 2012 @ 10:05am CST
FINALLY, a figure I'm interested in. Wheeljack's not bad, but this guy? Heck yeah. Laserbeak's awesome.
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave and Laserbeak (1336585)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 21st, 2012 @ 10:27am CST
GET TO AMERICA GOD DAMN IT!!!! WE WANT THESE TOYS!!!!!!! :BOOM: :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave and Laserbeak (1336599)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 21st, 2012 @ 10:59am CST
I'm liking this one a lot. :D Not the most kibble-free alt-mode but I can see how it would need to suffer to make the bot mode more accurate, and I appreciate that. Definitely looking forward to picking this guy up.

Although him being not all that tall brings up scale issues, especially because I planned to get voyager Starscream. Now I'm worried I should have bought the deluxe.
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave and Laserbeak (1336610)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on January 21st, 2012 @ 11:18am CST
So here we have a decent figure but no weapon...WTF? So for someone like me who doesn't care for the show can someone explain to me how Soundwave goes on the offensive when he has to? Anyway not too bad for a drone and his counterpart is a hell of a lot better than that POS turkey they chose for DOTM. :VEHI:
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave and Laserbeak (1336615)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 21st, 2012 @ 11:29am CST
Nemesis Destron wrote:So here we have a decent figure but no weapon...WTF? So for someone like me who doesn't care for the show can someone explain to me how Soundwave goes on the offensive when he has to?

Soundwave twists an opponent's (and anyone else he's listened too; i.e. EVERYONE's) words, distracts them with Laserbeak, then launches a full smackdown. He doesn't simply shoot.
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave and Laserbeak (1336626)
Posted by El Duque on January 21st, 2012 @ 11:59am CST
We've already seen the video review of Transformers Prime Deluxe (or Revealers if you will) Soundwave with Laserbeak, but we didn't get to see the figure in package. Courtesy of this eBay auction we give you Deluxe Soundwave with Laserbeak in-package. Images from the auction mirrored below.

For those who prefer a good old fashioned pictorial review, a very nice one can be found at Transformers at the Moon by clicking here. We've mirrored a few images below, many more are available by following the ling.

Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave and Laserbeak (1336630)
Posted by Erailea on January 21st, 2012 @ 12:06pm CST
So want! At the top of the list of desires. Lol
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave and Laserbeak (1336652)
Posted by Kibble on January 21st, 2012 @ 1:05pm CST
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave and Laserbeak (1336654)
Posted by robotmel on January 21st, 2012 @ 1:07pm CST
:D
He is pretty cool looking! 8)
I thought he'd have gangly overly long arms as per the show but in-hand he aint too bad!!
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave and Laserbeak (1336662)
Posted by dinogeist on January 21st, 2012 @ 1:21pm CST
OMG,Is that a 1989 TF Victory "Breastplate" homage I see? That's a totally awesome victory homage. this alone adds a billion coolness points to this toy.

Even though,I won't be buying this because I don't buy deluxes,basics,legends sized TF toys. I do think this TF Prime,soundwave to came out awesome in both modes.

I actually think TF Prime,Soundwave pulled off a better alien jet mode than megatron. I think soundwave pulled off a better robot mode than starscream.
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave and Laserbeak (1336674)
Posted by Galvatron X on January 21st, 2012 @ 1:34pm CST
Woah....that is friggin' COOL!

Very sinister-looking and I actually do like the chicken-legs. It works quite well for this figure, I think.
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave and Laserbeak (1336682)
Posted by StryderPrime on January 21st, 2012 @ 1:43pm CST
Dont know about ya but i see a perfect blue mobile suit union Flag from the Gundam 00 series but nevertheless I still want this figure tho
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave and Laserbeak (1336689)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 21st, 2012 @ 1:52pm CST
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave and Laserbeak (1336742)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:26pm CST
Kibble wrote:Guess I'm in the minority that's not very impressed. Head looks more like a Halo dude than Soundwave, don't know what his alt mode is exactly, and he has funky limbs. I'm at a real crossroads with this line. It sounds like they're wonderfully engineered figures, but I'm just not diggin' most of the movie meets Animated look...so they'd probably just end up in a box in the closet.

His head's the Decepticon symbol. Pretty cool, if you ask me.

robotmel wrote:As i have stated in other posts, which some fail to understand, these are Deluxe in sizing and sit well along side the CHUG range, as I am sure the Powerizers will man-up along side what we Transformers fans refer to as Voyager sizing! :P

Um... Well... They're Deluxe sized, but due to their aesthetic, they most likely wouldn't fit in with CHUG all that well. I mean, to each their own, but I don't see the link.

Powerizers ARE Voyagers. Of course they'll "man-up along side them".

I'm still a tad confused by your whole idea. CHUG is a TF toy line. Prime is a TF toy line. Deluxe/Revealer are the same class used by all TF toy lines, just a different name. Voyager/Powerizers are the same class and used by various TF toy lines, just a different name.

The only way your idea would work is if you thought the size class was it's own toy line. Otherwise, you're just...well, I have no idea what it is exactly.

Megatron Wolf wrote:im sorry but this is one of the worst soundwaves ever, i can understand the alt mode since a predator drone is for reconnaissance & spying but his robot mode is just atrocious. Yes its better than DOTM (thats not hard to pull off) but not by much. Yet another Soundwave ill have to pass on. Hes had suh a good run lately but now just seems to be going downhill.

I own DOTM Deluxe Class Soundwave. He's an excellent figure. Not perfect, but excellent. If he was in stores and people actually had him, they'd see what I mean. (C'mon Hasbro, WTH are you doing?!? Get these toys out there!)

And the robot mode? That's almost exactly what it looks like in the show. They did their best with him, can't complain too much.

That is, unless you don't like the show, so then your complaint is valid.
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave and Laserbeak (1336759)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:49pm CST
This figure looks awesome. Can't believe how much I actually want this guy.

Certainly starting to see a pattern here though: the vast majority of the figures are amazing. The only ones that suck are the Robots in Disguise characters who've received a First Edition (except Vehicon, but I don't really care about that one).
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave and Laserbeak (1336769)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 21st, 2012 @ 4:05pm CST
This is looks amazing, just one thing wrong with it, it's too short.
Soundwave is freaking huge in the show, he's a tad taller than Starscream, I hope he gets a voyager release down the line so that he'll be better in scale with the rest.
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave and Laserbeak (1336775)
Posted by amtm on January 21st, 2012 @ 4:13pm CST
I really don't like the arms, and especially the hands. I also don't like that "laserbeak" doesn't really resemble anything except tail fins. I might consider the figure just because it's so unique, but we'll see.
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave and Laserbeak (1336800)
Posted by Blurrz on January 21st, 2012 @ 5:20pm CST
Quite the interesting design. I think he'll need some repaint work, but nonetheless, an intriguing piece.
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave and Laserbeak (1336822)
Posted by WolfSpider1979 on January 21st, 2012 @ 7:04pm CST
Are they sure that's supposed to be Laserbeak? :-? From the first episode shown, I've been saying he looks like Ratbat. Primary reason; There's no beak on him. Second, the sound he produces sounds like a bat screech.

I have to say, this Soundwave looks like he belongs with the Brestforce in Victory. Makes you wonder if there might be more of them.

Wolf
-Spider

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #211 - On The Prowl
"On The Prowl"
Posted: Sunday, November 4th, 2018

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Premium Series: Cannon Bumblebee Action Figure Movie RotF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Heroes x6 Ratchet Jazz Frenzy Bumblebee Barricade Blackout" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer SCORN movie figure cyberfire" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet Mask Kids Childrens" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: MOVIE COLLECTION VOLUME 1 By Chris Ryall *Excellent Condition*" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Action Master Mainframe sealed" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers 5 Black Mamba Alloy Infantry Roadblock Police Car MPM05" on EBAY
Buy "COBRA COMMANDER KIDROBOT TRANSFORMERS vs. GI JOE MYSTERY ENAMEL PIN 1/20 TA702" on EBAY