Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 12:19pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 37,968

Bad news for fans of the short-lived Transformers Prime Decepticon Skyquake. According to UK fansite Full Metal Hero Skyquake from the upcoming Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Voyager Wave 3 assortment has been replaced by Dreadwing! The new case breakdown is as follows:

1x Optimus Prime
1x Bulkhead
1x Megatron
1x Dreadwing

Since these two characers share the same animation model and mold there is always the possibility of a future Skyquake repaint, but for now Skyquake is out and Dreadwing is in.

Credit(s): Full Metal Hero

This article was last modified on Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 6:17pm CDT

Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Voyager Skyquake Replaced with Dreadwing? (1362738)
Posted by griftimus prime on March 27th, 2012 @ 12:25pm CDT
whatever. dont care what they call it. i just want this voyager.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Voyager Skyquake Replaced with Dreadwing? (1362740)
Posted by freaky777 on March 27th, 2012 @ 12:25pm CDT
It's okay for me I guess but I refer Skyquake color scheme. They are twins right, so I do hope that the other repaint would also come so as to complete the Prime cast.

And maybe even a zombie skyquake!
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Voyager Skyquake Replaced with Dreadwing? (1362742)
Posted by Prime Evil on March 27th, 2012 @ 12:33pm CDT
I don't care what you call it, just gimmie the mold!!!
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Voyager Skyquake Replaced with Dreadwing? (1362744)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on March 27th, 2012 @ 12:50pm CDT
Makes sense, being Dreadwing at least survived his first episode appearance. I wouldn't get too worked up about it. Hasbro loves their repaints, and this will inevitably become Skyquake again. It just makes more sense to release a more relevant character to the show at the moment, than one that died back in the early episodes of season 1.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Voyager Skyquake Replaced with Dreadwing? (1362747)
Posted by GuyIncognito on March 27th, 2012 @ 12:57pm CDT
I don't care what they call it, but I DO care about the color scheme, and I like Skyquake's better.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Voyager Skyquake Replaced with Dreadwing? (1362756)
Posted by craggy on March 27th, 2012 @ 1:09pm CDT
Agreed. I'm not a fan of the design in Skybyte's colours. Still, maybe they're waiting for the G1.5 repaint to be in a Generations line? Passing unless it's coloured like Skyquake, probably.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Voyager Skyquake Replaced with Dreadwing? (1362757)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 27th, 2012 @ 1:14pm CDT
Damn, I'm kinda disappointed. :( I much prefer Skyquake's color scheme. Plus, I was going to use him as an homage to RiD Dreadwind since the colors were perfect. Dreadwing sort of fits the original G2 version of that mold I guess... I'll still buy Dreadwing because I love the mold, and I'm not very confident in Hasbro's abilities to release a repaint down the line, considering their track record lately.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Voyager Skyquake Replaced with Dreadwing? (1362762)
Posted by Megazarak on March 27th, 2012 @ 1:28pm CDT
Makes sense. Skyquake died and is likely never coming back other than flashbacks perhaps, and Dreadwing seems to have joined the main cast. I wouldn't doubt that we'll eventually see Skyquake, but it makes sense to have Dreadwing first.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Voyager Skyquake Replaced with Dreadwing? (1362763)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on March 27th, 2012 @ 1:32pm CDT
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Voyager Skyquake Replaced with Dreadwing? (1362766)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on March 27th, 2012 @ 1:32pm CDT
rather have dreadwing since he has better coloring. Hopefully its a good figure so i have something to buy, legends and possibly voyagers(depending if there are any good ones) are the only prime figures im going to buy unless the price drops on the others. I havent bought a transformer figure in a month, doesnt feel right.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Voyager Skyquake Replaced with Dreadwing? (1362778)
Posted by GuyIncognito on March 27th, 2012 @ 1:52pm CDT
Are there more pics of this mold somewhere? This is the first I've seen of it.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Voyager Skyquake Replaced with Dreadwing? (1362780)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on March 27th, 2012 @ 2:02pm CDT
i could care less. give me the damn toy!
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Voyager Skyquake Replaced with Dreadwing? (1362789)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on March 27th, 2012 @ 2:22pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:I'll still buy Dreadwing because I love the mold, and I'm not very confident in Hasbro's abilities to release a repaint down the line, considering their track record lately.

Agreed.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Voyager Skyquake Replaced with Dreadwing? (1362798)
Posted by WolfDawg on March 27th, 2012 @ 2:39pm CDT
This is actually good news to me. I'm trying to collect the main cast, and since Dreadwing is apparently going to be Megatron's second in command, I'd rather get him first.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Voyager Skyquake Replaced with Dreadwing? (1362800)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 27th, 2012 @ 2:40pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:Are there more pics of this mold somewhere? This is the first I've seen of it.

From SDCC 2011.

grimdragon2001 wrote:I have a feeling Takara will release Skyquake around the time Hasbro releases Dreadwing

Don't even...that would be a proverbial kick in the nuts... I didn't even consider that possibility, but judging by their track record with the seeker repaints, it's entirely possible. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Voyager Skyquake Replaced with Dreadwing? (1362805)
Posted by Hypershock on March 27th, 2012 @ 2:53pm CDT
economically it makes sense. Dreadwing is currently on the show and ive heard he might be staying for up to 12 episodes total, including loose cannons. kids could see him on the show, think he's cool, then go to the store and see him and want to buy him; whereas skyquake has only shown up twice, technically in different colour schemes each time.

personally, i wanted skyquake, but id be just as happy to get dreadwing. besides, its likely that theyll repaint him later. just one question though, i have that pic of his robot mode as well, but that sword doesnt look like the other mechtech-esque weapons we've seen to date. is there supposed to be another one?

EDIT: wait, what about voyager starscream?
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Voyager Skyquake Replaced with Dreadwing? (1362812)
Posted by NovaSentinel on March 27th, 2012 @ 3:04pm CDT
Hypershock wrote: just one question though, i have that pic of his robot mode as well, but that sword doesnt look like the other mechtech-esque weapons we've seen to date. is there supposed to be another one?

All RID voyagers have a mechtech type weapon and a smaller static weapon (like primes sword) My guess is therell be some failed mechtech interpretation of his chaingun thing as well :)
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Voyager Skyquake Replaced with Dreadwing? (1362815)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 27th, 2012 @ 3:13pm CDT
Makes sense.
Man that proto still makes me want to start collecting this line, but I must stay strong.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Voyager Skyquake Replaced with Dreadwing? (1362819)
Posted by Rated X on March 27th, 2012 @ 3:19pm CDT

Hammer to the first person who calls for Reprolabels to make a "Skyquake label" to fix the box. :HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Voyager Skyquake Replaced with Dreadwing? (1362823)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 27th, 2012 @ 3:26pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Probally just another stupid legal issue with the characters name. Youre probally gonna get the same figure in skyquake colors on a card or box that says Dreadwing.

Or it's simply Skyquake being killed off in Prime

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Exclusive Netflix Scrapface Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2011 Cyberverse Megatron figure (missing r arm) Dark of the Moon" on EBAY
Buy "HOTLINK Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy Siege Netflix Hasbro 2020 New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Leader Sky Lynx" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG 53 Broadside no box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Leader Class Titans Return Decepticon Overlord Action Figure toyNEW" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: Octone Titans Return Voyager Class Action Figure" on EBAY