Transformers Prime Season Two Promotional Art

Transformers Prime Season Two Promotional Art

Wednesday, January 18th, 2012 10:31pm CST

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 30,773

Collider.com has posted an exclusive look at promotional art from Transformers Prime season two, which returns to the Hub on February 18th. Season one ended with Optimus Prime's memory erased back to his Orion Pax days when he and Megatronus were allies. Below we see Orion with his new Deception symbol. Take a look at the art mirrored below.

The Daytime Emmy Award-winning animated series features archrivals Optimus Prime and Megatron as they once again face-off in their legendary battle for the very future of Earth. Season Two takes us even deeper into the mythology of the Transformers as both the Autobots and Decepticons uncover clues relating to secret artifacts of Iaconwhich could not only change the balance of power in the war,but also potentially revive their dead home planet of Cybertron.

Credit(s): Collider.com

This article was last modified on Wednesday, January 18th, 2012 11:02pm CST

Re: Transformers Prime Season Two Promotional Art (1335514)
Posted by metaphorge on January 18th, 2012 @ 10:54pm CST
Re: Transformers Prime Season Two Promotional Art (1335526)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 18th, 2012 @ 11:43pm CST
:shock: Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh! Artifacts?!!

As one who read Exiles, this has me excited. Shall we be seeing more of the Artifacts of the Primes? I hope so! :D

metaphorge wrote:I see that Optimus finally wised up and joined the Decepticons. I suppose one can only remain clueless for so many millions of years....
Re: Transformers Prime Season Two Promotional Art (1335531)
Posted by The Variable on January 18th, 2012 @ 11:58pm CST
Re: Transformers Prime Season Two Promotional Art (1335534)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 19th, 2012 @ 12:05am CST
The Variable wrote:I'm hoping that with the loss of his memories, Prime would also stop being such a stick-in-the-mud. As much as I love Peter Cullen's portrayal, this version of Prime has been one of the more boring, in my opinion.
This!

I've written the following before about what I'd like to see happen to Optimus in the second season.
Sabrblade wrote:What I really want to see happen mostly revolves around Optimus/Orion Pax and his successor.

Firstly, I do NOT want the Key to Vector Sigma to be the MacGuffin that restores Optimus's memories. I want it to have some other, more mysterious and deeper purpose than the obvious. After all, the creators could have put it in there as a Red Herring for us to all speculate how it would bring Optimus back, when it could instead be for some other purpose just to throw us off. ;)

With that said, I honestly don't want Orion Pax to get his memories back. That's right, I don't want the same old Optimus Prime back. Why? Because he is so BORING a character. I swear, he is the worst character of this whole show, as his complete stoicism is just so overbearing. His only good personality trait is his high regard for the the Autobot Code, but lacking a wide enough range of emotion severely cripples his character. So, it pleases me to see the youthful, aspiring dreamer that is Orion Pax brought back from the ancient past. He was SO much more appealing than he was as Optimus.

What I'd like instead would be for him to come to find more favor with Autobots than the Decepticons all on his volition. Something like how BW Silverbolt willingly chose to join the Maximals after preferring their good nature over the Predacons' harshness. After all, Orion Pax was anything but stupid, so he should be able to see right through Megatron's act relatively quickly. And afterward, have Optimus/Orion then begin a long process of trying to grow back into the leader he once was, retraining himself to be a Prime. But instead of him becoming the same as he was before, have him become an even better leader and greater character than ever before (one who can show EMOTION). It would be a great chance to develop him from a youthful, relatable character into the role model that we all know and love (a la Animated Optimus).

And with him not getting his memories back, that leads me to who would be his replacement as Autobot Leader. Seeing what went on in the season 1 finale, I feel that there is only one logical choice. Since Optimus personally gave him the Key to Vector Sigma, I want Jack to take command (and maybe have Ratchet and/or Arcee as his advisor[s]). After all, it wouldn't be the first time that a human was Commander of the Autobots, and it would be an interesting take on Jack's character, giving him more responsibility and allowing him to grow and mature even further.

I mean, Optimus handing him the Key was practically an act of Optimus choosing Jack to be his successor. And, it makes sense since Ratchet compared Jack to what Optimus was like in his own youth. Jack taking command would be no different than when Optimus himself became Prime. He, as Orion Pax, was a nobody. A young data clerk with dreams of a brighter tomorrow and no real combat experience whatsoever. He got the job because of destiny. Bearing the Matrix, Optimus may have sensed some potential within Jack just as Alpha Trion, Halogen, the rest of the High Council, and the Core of Cybertron (Primus) himself sensed potential in Orion.
Re: Transformers Prime Season Two Promotional Art (1335540)
Posted by metaphorge on January 19th, 2012 @ 12:46am CST
Sabrblade wrote:No, that would be the exact opposite of him "wising up". Orion Pax is anything but stupid. He should easily be able to see past his "brother's" deception and realize how morally revolting the Decepticons are. Though, I don't expect this to happen right away, I do expect Orion to eventually go back to the Autobots' side and be able to do so on his own accord, without the necessity of having his memories restored.
Spoken like a true Maximal. :twisted:
Re: Transformers Prime Season Two Promotional Art (1335541)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on January 19th, 2012 @ 12:50am CST
All i can say is "I CAN"T WAIT :grin: " and "COOL ART " :grin: ,sorry for being as boring as Optimus :BOT: 8-} . Also give us more Miko .
Re: Transformers Prime Season Two Promotional Art (1335545)
Posted by Mkall on January 19th, 2012 @ 1:00am CST
That's some very nice artwork, although I was hoping to see more Decepticons.

Looking forward to Season 2!
Re: Transformers Prime Season Two Promotional Art (1335551)
Posted by kookookajew on January 19th, 2012 @ 1:38am CST
ya see.. just for the fact that hes got a damn good story arc and up coming character development in season 2 (and also for the fact of him actually acting like an older G1 Prime in season 1) makes me want that damn voyager prime SO bad. Jezzzzzz.

HASBROOO WHY DOES YOUR DISTRIBUTION SUCK :BANG_HEAD: :BOOM:
Re: Transformers Prime Season Two Promotional Art (1335624)
Posted by dedcat on January 19th, 2012 @ 9:19am CST
I am so SICK of 'evil' Primes! It's time to stop rehashing the same old cliche's and write something original.
Re: Transformers Prime Season Two Promotional Art (1335672)
Posted by bluecatcinema on January 19th, 2012 @ 11:02am CST
He's not evil. He's just been made to think he's on the right side. Personally, I think that makes for a more interesting story.
Re: Transformers Prime Season Two Promotional Art (1335695)
Posted by dedcat on January 19th, 2012 @ 11:51am CST
Fair enough point, but let's not split hairs. 'Evil' meaning a not standard Prime, Prime. It's the ol' good Data/bad Data* meme. ~Oh no, he's gone bad! - hooray, no he isn't!~

I just hope they knock out the story arc in one or two episodes and don't drag it along for an entirely painful season. I probably shouldn't expect much for a show geared for kids, but I do.

*Please feel free to replace Data with the franchise character of your choice.
Re: Transformers Prime Season Two Promotional Art (1335862)
Posted by all_the_primes on January 19th, 2012 @ 6:17pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
This!

THIS. I Love these comments. :BOT: => :CON:
Re: Transformers Prime Season Two Promotional Art (1336001)
Posted by Mechastrike on January 20th, 2012 @ 6:37am CST
looks like we're in for a crazy season. hope they don't cancel it by season 3.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS DELUXE CLASS IRONHIDE COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS DELUXE CLASS MIRAGE COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Starscream new sealed B002 Hasbro G1 Version" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations AOE Age of Extinction Hound Voyager Figure Loose" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS • CYCLONUS •  Combiner Wars - MINT IN BOX - HASBRO Toys" on EBAY
Buy "transformers combiner wars menasor NIB!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-30 Weirdwolf" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe 2.0 BLADES Generations Classics Voyager Class blades Parts" on EBAY