Transformers Prime "Sick Mind" Preview

Transformers Prime "Sick Mind" Preview

Sunday, April 24th, 2011 6:16pm CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 25,591

Here's another version of the Transformers Prime "Sick Mind" preview that was posted a few days ago by Comics Continuum. It's essentially the same promo, but we get a close up look a Optimus Prime's plague ravaged face in the first few seconds. The video is embedded below.

Credit(s): YouTube member FTransformers

Re: Transformers Prime "Sick Mind" Preview (1213436)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 24th, 2011 @ 7:41pm CDT
Looks like Optimus might begin to show some real emotion in this one, instead of always looking so stoic all the time. Though, he did kinda show a bit of sadness over Megatron's apparent "passing" in episode 6, but that was very minimal and was quickly brushed off by the mild explosion of Raf's science project.
Re: Transformers Prime "Sick Mind" Preview (1213525)
Posted by HalfOfMe on April 24th, 2011 @ 11:07pm CDT
Predaprince wrote:Your statement of it being a new name was not specifically to the TF universe and, therefore, I was stating to you that they got the name of it from the Bubonic Plague. I was not intending to be rude, but I think it is hypocritical for you to say that I was being rude. Yes, we are all human beings on this site with the same rights. Yes, Ryan, you, and I have the same freedom of speech (and type), but I think it was uncalled for to give him a roll your eyes emoticon just because you disagree with his statement. I would have thought it rude if it had been to any other poster as well. If you want to continue stating that other posters are incorrect, then that is fine with me, but you have, in my opinion, come across as arrogant and/or condescending at times.

As for this "Sick Mind" plot, it is true that the exact specifics have never been done. However, as Ryan, I, and others have been stating, the main idea of Optimus being in danger from an illness or malfunction and other Autobots/Maximals going to the Decepticons/Predacons base to retrieve something to save him has been done over and over.

So... how 'bout that "Sick Mind" preview? Eh?
Re: Transformers Prime "Sick Mind" Preview (1213618)
Posted by Predaprince on April 25th, 2011 @ 5:33am CDT
HalfOfMe wrote:Hey Predaprince! You're annoying. I don't see Ryan (site owner) shedding a tear over the "eye roll." Pretty sure he doesn't care. Let it go so we can all stop reading about it. Okay? Thanks!

Sabrblade and I had let it go quite awhile ago. You are now bringing up my post for no reason. It doesn't make any sense to bring something up just to tell the original poster to let it go. I wasn't posting about it anymore. Besides, the majority of Sabrblade and my post interactions on this thread have still been about the episode preview. Instead of asking what everyone else thinks about the preview (since we have been posting what we think already), perhaps you would like to comment on your thoughts of it.
Re: Transformers Prime "Sick Mind" Preview (1213647)
Posted by HalfOfMe on April 25th, 2011 @ 7:42am CDT
Wooooh, glad you picked up on the sarcasm, there! I was worried for a second.

Nevertheless, this is far more reminiscent of "Cosmic Rust" but from an Autobot perspective, than anything Beast Wars, in my opinion. However, I think that from an artistic and entertainment perspective, we benefit more from viewing this from within its own lens than by way of comparison. In other words, as unique as Beast Wars was from G1, Prime is likewise from its predecessors. With the threat of "plague" being a common plot device in much of storytelling at large, I think we should keep that in mind.
Re: Transformers Prime "Sick Mind" Preview (1213906)
Posted by griftimus prime on April 25th, 2011 @ 5:50pm CDT
gee. you think primes gonna die? oh no!
Re: Transformers Prime "Sick Mind" Preview (1213912)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 25th, 2011 @ 5:57pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:gee. you think primes gonna die? oh no!
No one brought that up at all. :roll:

Besides, I really wouldn't mind if he did kick the bucket. This Optimus is bland, boring, and dull. He was far more interesting in Exodus, but he has since lost that endearing quality of a new leader who just wants to make things right for everyone, including his enemies. At the point, OP takes "stoic" to the letter and can't seem to even spit out some genuine emotion. :sad:

Unless they decide to give Optimus some actual character, the less of him there is, the better. :-|

After all, he'd just come back later anyway. ;)
Re: Transformers Prime "Sick Mind" Preview (1213958)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on April 25th, 2011 @ 8:15pm CDT
Okay, I SERIOUSLY need to catch up with Prime!!!!
I dont think Ive seen an episode since the 3 week break they took. Now off to YouTube to catch some of those episodes Ive missed...

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters HUN-GURRR & TwinStrike Cyberverse Abominus Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends SHARKTICON SWEEPS Complete LG-44 Titans Return Takara GNAW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Cryotek Complete Ultra RID Universe Transformers Robots in Disguise 2001 2002" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield Lot" on EBAY