Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron Video Review

Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron Video Review

Sunday, January 22nd, 2012 12:42am CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 49,592

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

You knew it was only a matter of time before someone uploaded a video review of the newly released Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron. Check out the video courtesy of YouTube's spiderprime23 embedded below.

Credit(s): spiderprime23


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron Video Review (1336897)
Posted by Megazarak on January 22nd, 2012 @ 1:08am CST
Hm, he doesn't look quite as good as I thought he would. I also think it's ridiculous that his sword can't lock into place. I already thought MechTech weapons that couldn't lock in place were just stupid (not that the ones that could were spectacular) so the fact that this one can't, especially when the sword is one of his signature weapons, makes it even more stupid. I guess I may pass on him, but I would like a bigger sized version of him eventually. The Deluxe (Revealer?) one is alright, but not great and definitely too small.
Re: Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron Video Review (1336902)
Posted by TimothyR on January 22nd, 2012 @ 1:32am CST
unlike most people, i quite like the alt mode.

i'll definitely have to add some paint.

i wonder how the deluxe megatrons cannon would look with the figure.

i can't wait to get all of these figures, i can't wait to have voyager megatron standing side by side with voyager prime.


anyways.. this whole line looks incredible. i hope they add more "classic" characters to the shows lineup. i doubt they'll have blur on it, but i'd love to see what tfprime blurr would look like, same goes for prowl.

i guess we'll wait and see (or wait, and let other countries see, as has been the case)
Re: Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron Video Review (1336905)
Posted by kookookajew on January 22nd, 2012 @ 2:09am CST
auggghh.. this looks fantastic which makes me mad as shit.

Dude.. hasbro where the hell is the First edition voyagers? England's got the line AFTER the first edition wave ... WHY ARE YOU BEING SO RESERVED AND SHADY?!?!?

Im VERY dissapointed with the hasbro distribution .. honestly I'd expect the US to get these figures first. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron Video Review (1336907)
Posted by TimothyR on January 22nd, 2012 @ 2:33am CST
kookookajew wrote:auggghh.. this looks fantastic which makes me mad as shit.

Dude.. hasbro where the hell is the First edition voyagers? England's got the line AFTER the first edition wave ... WHY ARE YOU BEING SO RESERVED AND SHADY?!?!?

Im VERY dissapointed with the hasbro distribution .. honestly I'd expect the US to get these figures first. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


i agree.. it's absolutely ridiculous. the US has yet to see all of the first edition wave.. and the UK has already gotten the main line figures. .. hell there are even people who haven't seen any of the first edition figures. it's BS.

.. not only that.. but they get figures that were literally just revealed to us a day or so prior to them hitting stores.

i don't mind other countries getting them first.. but when they're that far ahead of us.. that's when i start having a problem. this is the US.. where hasbro is based.. get your ____ing products on the ____ing shelves already.

the worst part of this whole deal is that there is literally nothing we can do.. we're obviously going to be buying the figures when (if) we see them.. and we're going to continue supporting the brand. but at this point hasbro needs to take notice of this and understand that they're pissing off a lot of people that put money in their pockets and put a lot of time and effort into their products.

i wish someone would grill them on their distribution because it absolutely blows. i'm sick of seeing stores with either empty pegs or bumblebee repaints.

sorry.. my whining and complaining is over (for now). i'm happy for the people who have been able to pick these things up and have been kind enough to share photos and reviews with us, kudos to you guys.
Re: Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron Video Review (1336908)
Posted by metaphorge on January 22nd, 2012 @ 2:52am CST
Have we seen any shots of the production Takara Voyager Megs yet? I really like this mold but it looks to be REALLY spare on the paint apps; perhaps this is an area that Takara has improved upon (as they have with Voyager Bulkhead)....
Re: Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron Video Review (1336925)
Posted by craggy on January 22nd, 2012 @ 5:49am CST
TimothyR wrote:
kookookajew wrote:auggghh.. this looks fantastic which makes me mad as shit.

Dude.. hasbro where the hell is the First edition voyagers? England's got the line AFTER the first edition wave ... WHY ARE YOU BEING SO RESERVED AND SHADY?!?!?

Im VERY dissapointed with the hasbro distribution .. honestly I'd expect the US to get these figures first. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


i agree.. it's absolutely ridiculous. the US has yet to see all of the first edition wave.. and the UK has already gotten the main line figures. .. hell there are even people who haven't seen any of the first edition figures. it's BS.

.. not only that.. but they get figures that were literally just revealed to us a day or so prior to them hitting stores.

i don't mind other countries getting them first.. but when they're that far ahead of us.. that's when i start having a problem. this is the US.. where hasbro is based.. get your ____ing products on the ____ing shelves already.

the worst part of this whole deal is that there is literally nothing we can do.. we're obviously going to be buying the figures when (if) we see them.. and we're going to continue supporting the brand. but at this point hasbro needs to take notice of this and understand that they're pissing off a lot of people that put money in their pockets and put a lot of time and effort into their products.

i wish someone would grill them on their distribution because it absolutely blows. i'm sick of seeing stores with either empty pegs or bumblebee repaints.

sorry.. my whining and complaining is over (for now). i'm happy for the people who have been able to pick these things up and have been kind enough to share photos and reviews with us, kudos to you guys.



People who haven't seen the First Edition figures, eh? Like the whole of the UK, who won't be getting the line released at all? So we're not "ahead" of you. We're getting some releases and you've gotten some other releases.
Re: Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron Video Review (1336928)
Posted by metaphorge on January 22nd, 2012 @ 6:08am CST
craggy wrote:
TimothyR wrote:
kookookajew wrote:auggghh.. this looks fantastic which makes me mad as shit.

Dude.. hasbro where the hell is the First edition voyagers? England's got the line AFTER the first edition wave ... WHY ARE YOU BEING SO RESERVED AND SHADY?!?!?

Im VERY dissapointed with the hasbro distribution .. honestly I'd expect the US to get these figures first. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


i agree.. it's absolutely ridiculous. the US has yet to see all of the first edition wave.. and the UK has already gotten the main line figures. .. hell there are even people who haven't seen any of the first edition figures. it's BS.

.. not only that.. but they get figures that were literally just revealed to us a day or so prior to them hitting stores.

i don't mind other countries getting them first.. but when they're that far ahead of us.. that's when i start having a problem. this is the US.. where hasbro is based.. get your ____ing products on the ____ing shelves already.

the worst part of this whole deal is that there is literally nothing we can do.. we're obviously going to be buying the figures when (if) we see them.. and we're going to continue supporting the brand. but at this point hasbro needs to take notice of this and understand that they're pissing off a lot of people that put money in their pockets and put a lot of time and effort into their products.

i wish someone would grill them on their distribution because it absolutely blows. i'm sick of seeing stores with either empty pegs or bumblebee repaints.

sorry.. my whining and complaining is over (for now). i'm happy for the people who have been able to pick these things up and have been kind enough to share photos and reviews with us, kudos to you guys.



People who haven't seen the First Edition figures, eh? Like the whole of the UK, who won't be getting the line released at all? So we're not "ahead" of you. We're getting some releases and you've gotten some other releases.
Agreed 100%.

Also, I was initially under the impression that First Edition wasn't going to be a general release line in the first place, since it consists of molds designed to sell at the same time as Generations. I was kind of surprised that they made it to WalTargs R Us in the first place.

(Also, my understanding is that since Argos is a catalogue store that they are legally required to have items in stock before they can sell them, so I assume that they got the very first shipment of RID so they could sell them in their upcoming spring catalogue, so that's why they got them so much before any other retailer anywhere else. I take this in stride, since we Americans usually get almost everything else first....)
Re: Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron Video Review (1336936)
Posted by Lockdown91 on January 22nd, 2012 @ 6:40am CST
Actually guys, Forbidden Planet has some of the First Edition toys on their online shop due to be in their warehouses january the 29th

http://forbiddenplanet.com/toys/?q=transformers

So looks like we'll be getting them, even if we have to pay a little bit more for them.

And the fact of the matter is, in america it seems to be that you actually get alot more stuff then us here in the UK, we literally never saw jungle attack ironhide, bludgeon (we had the banzaitron repaint) i never saw toys like HFTD terradive or tomahawk, there are many others we just haven't seen that i cannot think of off the top of my head.

Back on topic, i'm really liking the looks of these prime figures, may have to pick up a few, megatron and soundwave! What's the findings for these guys like? Is it only 1 box to a store or something? all the Argos stores near me that i've checked for online are all out of stock/1 left which would probably be bumblebee :/
Re: Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron Video Review (1336941)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 22nd, 2012 @ 7:06am CST
metaphorge wrote:(Also, my understanding is that since Argos is a catalogue store that they are legally required to have items in stock before they can sell them, so I assume that they got the very first shipment of RID so they could sell them in their upcoming spring catalogue, so that's why they got them so much before any other retailer anywhere else. I take this in stride, since we Americans usually get almost everything else first....)


That's not necessarily correct. There are a number of items in the Argos catalogue with a disclaimer saying "Available from [insert date]", but maybe Hasbro thought they'd throw the UK a bone and let Argos have them early. I mean, look at the news its generated: basically wall-to-wall PRIME for two or three days.

As a Brit, I'd like to say thank you metaphorge for being one of the few Yanks who doesn't see this as some sort of attempt on our part to take back the U.S. as a colony. Not getting the First Edition figures here in Europe has been a real kick in the crotch seeing as I want all of them. So, that'll be high shipping rates and a bill from Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs for me then. Anyone in the States want to swap?

As far as the figure goes I really like the design (although the inability to permanently have the blade extended sucks. Think I might crack it open and remove the spring(s)). I'll wait and see what I think when I see one in the flesh but as it stands I may hold out for the Takara version.
Re: Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron Video Review (1336943)
Posted by Stumpybot on January 22nd, 2012 @ 7:11am CST
The only place I saw generations past wave 2 was forbidden planet. and it was limited. Thank god for kapow

We've had a very, very limited numbers wave hit retail. By the time they restock it will be hitting the US anyway

I think people need to quit getting their panties in a twist over it. Seriously

I'm keen to see how this measures up to my voyager prime, as despite the see thru blue forearms, he's growing on me

Seems like they've got a decent scale on these figs too, I wish somebody would post pics. I might when megs arrives on tuesday
Re: Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron Video Review (1336946)
Posted by metaphorge on January 22nd, 2012 @ 7:33am CST
Stumpybot wrote:I think people need to quit getting their panties in a twist over it. Seriously
That's so culturally insensitive; don't you know that becoming indignant over perceived slights is as American As Apple Pie and is an integral part of our national identity? :grin:

(Alternate stereotypical self-deprecating joke regarding my national identity: "Well, we invented Transformers, so we should get them first!" :grin:)

To be perfectly fair to my fellow citizens, I do understand where the frustration is coming from. Distribution for Hasbro products has been pretty craptastic across the board lately; I expect that the problem has less with Hasbro and more to do with how our megadollar megastores have been handling their own supply chains in these times of economic downturn.

I'm sure the SIS had nothing to do with it. :D
Re: Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron Video Review (1336947)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 22nd, 2012 @ 7:42am CST
metaphorge wrote:(Alternate stereotypical self-deprecating joke regarding my national identity: "Well, we invented Transformers, so we should get them first!" :grin:)


Should we assume there's some satire in there somewhere? ;)
Re: Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron Video Review (1336949)
Posted by metaphorge on January 22nd, 2012 @ 7:48am CST
Sodan-1 wrote:
metaphorge wrote:(Alternate stereotypical self-deprecating joke regarding my national identity: "Well, we invented Transformers, so we should get them first!" :grin:)


Should we assume there's some satire in there somewhere? ;)


Prowl wrote:What? Yes, of course I'm serious.

I'm always serious.
:grin:
Re: Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron Video Review (1336955)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 22nd, 2012 @ 8:19am CST
metaphorge wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:
metaphorge wrote:(Alternate stereotypical self-deprecating joke regarding my national identity: "Well, we invented Transformers, so we should get them first!" :grin:)


Should we assume there's some satire in there somewhere? ;)


Prowl wrote:What? Yes, of course I'm serious.

I'm always serious.
:grin:


Oh good. Thanks for the clarification. There can be so much ambiguity in a typed message. ;)
Re: Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron Video Review (1336957)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 22nd, 2012 @ 8:23am CST
As an American fan, I know how lucky we are. I have no problem with our UK fans getting first dibs on the PRID line. No problem at all. My problem is with Hasbro. Parts of Asia and Canada received the First Edition. Parts of the US received the Deluxes. The UK was skipped altogether, but they got PRID when no one else did. On top of that, they postponed DOTM/Movie Trilogy 'til God knows when.

It's all over the map like pure craziness. What are they doing?!?

Speaking of Movie Trilogy.... I saw a case at Wal-Mart last night... "MV3 OPTIMUS PRIME WITH PLAYSET BASE"

Any clues as to what that is? Could it be the trailer set? The box was wide, but I have no idea how long.
Re: Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron Video Review (1336964)
Posted by Anonymous on January 22nd, 2012 @ 8:49am CST
That is one sweet looking figure. I like that optimus as well.
I wonder will there be a voyager class t.f.p. starscream released any time in the near future?
Re: Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron Video Review (1336967)
Posted by metaphorge on January 22nd, 2012 @ 8:58am CST
decepta-scott wrote:That is one sweet looking figure. I like that optimus as well.
I wonder will there be a voyager class t.f.p. starscream released any time in the near future?


El Duque wrote:
RhA wrote:He looks awesome. I'm very afraid that he's going to be a rubberfest, though. There's a voyager coming? I'm gonna hold out for that.


Yep.

Image

Image
Re: Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron Video Review (1336971)
Posted by Neurie on January 22nd, 2012 @ 9:08am CST
To be honest we here in the UK are more suprised to have these than you guys in the US. We are used to being shafted when it comes to TF releases, we will not be getting the last waves of movie toys( Soundwave, Dino, Q/wheel jack, Air Raid, Buzzsaw, Skydive), didn't get any if the large scale human allience figures and none of the gen 1 reissues.

And with the UK government increasing tax levels and getting rid of the small items excise waver importing a deluxe figure just became prohibatively expensive(if the figure costs £12-18 from Japan or America plus shipping and the 20% tax isn't paid by the shipping company the UK postal services will charge a handling fee of between £12-18 making a toy you paid $20/£12 for cost you around £40 with extra tax shipping and handling).

To be honest in America even with the bad distribution you have easy access to get almost any figure through bbts, entertainment earth etc at reasinable prices.

You should try talking to guys in Italy, they can't even import things any more as many companies will not ship there and they get a handful of toys officially released each year.

Not easy being a TF fan in Europe.
Re: Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron Video Review (1336978)
Posted by Powermaster Jazz on January 22nd, 2012 @ 9:25am CST
It's sad. I was so excited for this line, and now I have no interest at all. Pass on everything.
Re: Transformers Prime Voyager Class Megatron Video Review (1336985)
Posted by BeastProwl on January 22nd, 2012 @ 9:46am CST
TimothyR wrote:same goes for prowl.

Image
:WHISTLE:

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Drift Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
Twincast / Podcast #271:
"Meh-pisode"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Lost Light 13B Bludgeon Nick Roche Variant Cover IDW D8-18" on EBAY
Buy "transformers animated sentinel prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Red Alert Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 61 Sentinel Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Used Build A Bear Transformers Optimus Prime Bear Mask Flips Over Head 17'" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers E3479 Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Leader Class WFC-S13 Ul…" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Prowl" on EBAY