Transformers: Regeneration One #0 Announced

Transformers: Regeneration One #0 Announced

Monday, June 3rd, 2013 4:47pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 20,957

Over the past weekend Transformers Hall of Fame comic scribe Simon Furman appeared at the 2D Comics Festival and announced a special Transformers: Regeneration One issue #0! The issue is set to expand upon the events of issue #94 and have major implications for the remainder of the series, which is still scheduled to end at issue #100. It will feature five pages of art from special guest artist Geoff Senior plus many others yet to be announced.

See the tweet below from @2DComicFest and quotes from the Transformers ReGeneration One facebook page.

Re: ReGen One Issue 0

Transformers ReGeneration One facebook wrote:Geoff will be doing 5 pages of a special Zero issue. There are more artists to be announced...

It is a step sideways following some dramatic events of 94 with BIG implications for 95 and beyond... RG1 will still end at issue 100.

And no, there is no Wildman art in this one but a host of amazing Trans art legends

Credit(s): triKlops, lowman_x, Transformers ReGeneration One facebook page, @2DComicFest

This article was last modified on Monday, June 17th, 2013 10:55am CDT

Re: Transformers: Regeneration One #0 Announced (1492439)
Posted by Windsweeper on June 3rd, 2013 @ 5:31pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Regeneration One #0 Announced (1492518)
Posted by Seibertron on June 3rd, 2013 @ 11:03pm CDT
Windsweeper wrote:Looking forward to seeing some internal art from Senior. He should have done the entire series. Not a fan of Wildman.

I loved Wildman's artwork in the original Marvel US and UK Transformers comics. I can't figure out what's changed but I haven't been a big fan of his work with Regeneration. Something is lacking, which is a bummer because I loved his original run so much. I feel like something is getting lost in the process from pencils to inks to colors. I'd really like to see his pencils to see if it holds up to the original or if his style has simply changed over the past 20 some years.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Guido's work on the main book as well as Geoff Senior take a shot at some interiors. Every month I've chased after the retail incentive covers that feature Geoff's amazing artwork that doesn't look its changed a bit over the years.
Re: Transformers: Regeneration One #0 Announced (1492578)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on June 4th, 2013 @ 8:31am CDT
So for FCBD last year we got the "prequel" for Regen one... Now mid way through regen one we get #0... Interesting move.. Why not issue # 94.5???

I still wonder how the sale of regen one are? Are they enough to warrant something beyond regen one?? Maybe a proper Regen two or three? I mean they could wrap up the regen one by 100 then start anew with regen two.. Or something.. Something to keep it going (again if the sales numbers warrants this).
Re: Transformers: Regeneration One #0 Announced (1492609)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on June 4th, 2013 @ 10:50am CDT
I think that during RG1, Andrew Wildman's art has lacked detail in the 'filler' panels but, having said that, I have not seen anyone draw Megatron better than how he was depicted in the first story arc. I'm really looking forward to seeing some work from the artists of old, Lee Sullivan and Jeff Anderson would be welcome alongside Geoff Senior so I hope that they are approached too.

But please, for Primus' sake, no Dan Reed. Never again!

Regarding continuing the comic in some form, I really think that RG1 should stop at issue 100, because it's good to go out on a high, while the support and readership is still there. I hate to see great series splutter along to a slow death, or concessions being made with shorter stories, reduced page count etc.
Re: Transformers: Regeneration One #0 Announced (1492794)
Posted by robotmel on June 5th, 2013 @ 4:12am CDT
Banjo-Tron wrote:I'm really looking forward to seeing some work from the artists of old, Lee Sullivan and Jeff Anderson would be welcome alongside Geoff Senior so I hope that they are approached too.
:D
I used to love me some Lee Sullivan back in the day, lovely chap, had a good natter with him (and Wildman & Furman) about Transformers whilst attending a few comic book signings around the Bedfordshire area back in the '90s!

It would be great so see some Geoff Senior, Lee Sullivan, Jeff Anderson, heck, any British artist from the old Marvel UK days!

Dear IDW.

Please get in touch with these artists for future covers or interior art...

John Bolton
John Higgins
Barry Windsor-Smith
Dave McKean
Lew Stringer
Simon Bisley

Cheers.
Mel.
Re: Transformers: Regeneration One #0 Announced (1492804)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on June 5th, 2013 @ 5:18am CDT
Re: Transformers: Regeneration One #0 Announced (1493063)
Posted by lowman_x on June 6th, 2013 @ 2:19am CDT
Hmmm... it appears one of my replies has disappeared. Ah well.

Lee Sullivan's work on Space Pirates and Time Wars was fantastic. When Metroplex comes punching his way out of Autobot City, that was an awesome image. I remember being all "Yeah! Now you're gonna get it!!". And when Galvatron was torn apart by the time vortex... mmmm... robot skeleton with torn away eyeballs and stuff. I look back at that image now and I realise how graphic it actually was.
Re: Transformers: Regeneration One #0 Announced (1494915)
Posted by Va'al on June 13th, 2013 @ 10:22am CDT
Simon Furman and John-Paul Bove have been trickling some information about the upcoming September release (that's the first bit) of the one-off Transformers: ReGeneration One #0. This post tries summarising what we've been told so far, but for the full experience, follow Simon's blog!

According to Furman, the issue is confirmed to have a September release, pushing #95 to October. Bove seconds this, adding it will be 22 pages long, and taking place between, or to one side, of #94 and #95.

Other bits revealed include the motives behind Spike's hatred towards the Autobots, hints at something to do with Thunderwing, though Furman confirms he is dead for good, and the confirmation that Geoff Senior is one of the five artists to work on the issue!

Simon Furman wrote:We have (a lot) more to learn about exactly why Spike is so ticked off at the Autobots, what that deep-seated vein of hatred is all about. I’ll just say for now that you REALLY need to check out issue #0 (in fact, #0 should tick another couple of your wish-list boxes too) and suggest that sometimes when a character is directing rage it’s often to cover for something else, something that’s harder to acknowledge. Like guilt maybe.

[...]

#0 will slot in between #94 and #95. Stuff that would only, otherwise, have been seen in kind of abridged/flashback form in the final arc now has real room to breathe. Trust me, it’s essentially stuff. So while we are going to kind of leave you hanging at the end of #94 for an extra month, what happens in #0 is going to blow your minds!
Re: Transformers: Regeneration One #0 Announced (1494957)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 13th, 2013 @ 12:42pm CDT
You know the art actually looks good, this and the preview for 92 surprised me, this series now looks like a Marvel comic from the 80s, and with that I mean a Marvel comic from the 80s with good art and not the horrid 80s TF art.
the art here kinda reminds me of ROM Space Knight, so much better than the actual 80s TF comics or the artwork in the FCBD issue. :D
Re: Transformers: Regeneration One #0 Announced (1494980)
Posted by bluecatcinema on June 13th, 2013 @ 1:33pm CDT
I can't help but notice the pic of Rodimus Prime on the cover. Possible foreshadowing, perhaps?
Re: Transformers: Regeneration One #0 Announced (1494982)
Posted by Va'al on June 13th, 2013 @ 1:40pm CDT
I should point out that the artwork in the first post is, as it says on the cover, Cover B for #92, by Guido Guidi. Not the art for #0!
Re: Transformers: Regeneration One #0 Announced (1494987)
Posted by bluecatcinema on June 13th, 2013 @ 1:49pm CDT
My point still stands. And I really hope it'll be proven right.
Re: Transformers: Regeneration One #0 Announced (1494990)
Posted by Va'al on June 13th, 2013 @ 1:57pm CDT
bluecatcinema wrote:My point still stands. And I really hope it'll be proven right.

I'm pretty sure we will see more Hot Rod in issue #0. From the solicits, it appears as though we'll already see a lot more of him from the next issue, dealing with something Primus-esque.

Really interested in seeing Guidi's art on the next issue! :D
Re: Transformers: Regeneration One #0 Announced (1495115)
Posted by triKlops on June 13th, 2013 @ 8:51pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Regeneration One #0 Announced (1495156)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on June 14th, 2013 @ 2:07am CDT
triKlops wrote:interested to see where this goes; my only question is why this is 0 and not 94.5.?

agreed... maybe it's a parallel but divergent timeline or something? Or they just weren't sure which issues it would slot between at the time.
Re: Transformers: Regeneration One #0 Announced (1495157)
Posted by robotmel on June 14th, 2013 @ 2:08am CDT
Banjo-Tron wrote:LOL not sure how Dave McKean would translate to mecha but Simon Bisley would be awesome, I loved his black and white ABC warriors stuff. The guy can sure draw a robot.

:lol:
You got me!
Dave McKean was my wildcard there! ;)

I wonder what plans Simon Furman has after this series wraps up with #100..?

If this series was popular enough, Im hoping there are plans underway for another series, penned by Simon with art perhaps by Guido in his retro style?

Throw us some tasty covers by Geoff Senior or Andy Wildman, that will keep us happy for a while! :grin:
Re: Transformers: Regeneration One #0 Announced (1495162)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on June 14th, 2013 @ 3:21am CDT
robotmel wrote:I love Andy Wildmans art style, despite how many 'open mouth' shots he throws in there ( ;) ) so its a shame to hear he wont staying with ReGen1.

Re: Transformers: Regeneration One #0 Announced (1495167)
Posted by robotmel on June 14th, 2013 @ 4:03am CDT
Banjo-Tron wrote:Eh? Has that been confirmed? I thought it was just that he wouldn't feature on this special? AFAIK he is still penciling the entire RG1 run 'proper'.

:-?
Im almost certain I read it on the fansite somewhere, perhaps Va'al mentioned it somewhere..?
I thought it was said Andy Wildman was leaving the title early but I could be wrong?

:???:
Edit:
Va'al wrote:This is Wildman's final issue on the series for now, and he has not confirmed whether he will be back or not before issue 100, or the rumoured issue 0. The artwork, inked by Baskerville, is the usual goodness, and by now we've come to recognise the style - it'll be interesting to see what Guidi will do with it.
Re: Transformers: Regeneration One #0 Announced (1495168)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on June 14th, 2013 @ 4:25am CDT
robotmel wrote:

:-?

:???:
Edit:

Ahh ok. Not sure how I feel about that really, I think it would have worked better if they had a distinct art team per story arc, I hate art changing mid-way through the same 'book' as it were. Still, I like Guidi's stuff and look forward to seeing it.
Re: Transformers: Regeneration One #0 Announced (1497854)
Posted by Va'al on June 25th, 2013 @ 8:51am CDT
Fan-favourite artist Nick Roche has just confirmed on Twitter that he will be taking up art duties on the Hot Rod section of September's Transformers: ReGeneration One #0 (with Vince DiCola's music as soundtrack while he works)! As a reminder, Simon Furman will be the writer for the whole issue, and the other artists involved are Jeff Anderson, Casey W. Coller, Jose Delbo and Geoff Senior.

Furman on script. Me drawing Hot Rod. @DiColaOfficial on the tunes. You're going to like this. #Regeneration1ZERO

Take a look at the solicit below for more information on the stories contained in the issue.

ZERO POINT! Adventure in the time stream, as HOT ROD desperately attempts to identify the rogue elements that are leading him, and the entire CYBERTRONIAN race, inexorably towards the catastrophic end of time itself. What hidden stories do the DEATHBRINGER, BOLTAX, BUSTER WITWICKY, and GALVATRON have to tell, and what—if any—solutions are there? Or is it already too late?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro RICOCHET NIGHTSTICK Transformers G1 TRU Commemorative Series IX MISB" on EBAY
Buy "1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Decepticon Headmaster Snapdragon Krunk" on EBAY
Buy "Scorponok Helmet Mask 1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Fasttrack Antenna Radar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Scorponok 1st Run & Fast Track" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Ironworks SEALED War for Cybertron: Earthrise Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wingspan Cloudraker Clones Walgreens MISB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Walgreens Exclusive & Wingspan Cloudraker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle For Cybertron Quintesson Invasion Shockwave Prowl" on EBAY