Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal

Transformers News: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal

Saturday, January 25th, 2014 7:26am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 28,414

Courtesy of the Transformers Rescue Bots Facebook page we have a piece of art from the upcoming Rescan line by artist Marvin S. Mariano. This gives us a great look at Heatwave, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime in their new forms. Heatwave now becomes a fireboat, Bumblebee has a new motorcycle mode, and Optimus Prime seems to have a couple of new modes. The first being the previously seen monster truck from the Rescan series, and a completely new Optimus Primal tyrannosaurus/excavator body. Check it out below.

Transformers News: Re: Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime and Heatwave

Credit(s): Transformers Rescue Bots Facebook

This article was last modified on Saturday, January 25th, 2014 8:08am CST

Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1544959)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 25th, 2014 @ 7:37am CST
I was just about to post this. :P

It's apparently Optimus Primal. Go figure.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1544973)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 25th, 2014 @ 9:38am CST
Man, I wish this stuff would be the show! It probably won't be, but I wish it would.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1544983)
Posted by Convotron on January 25th, 2014 @ 10:17am CST
Bumblebee's alt mode is essentially a copy of the Dodge Tomahawk, which I think works well as a TF alt mode.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1544992)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 25th, 2014 @ 11:16am CST
What?! Optimus Primal?! Who turns into a T-rex/construction vehicle fusion thing?! That's so crazy that it works for me.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545002)
Posted by TheGlynreaper on January 25th, 2014 @ 11:47am CST
That awkward moment when a playskool transformer rescue bots figure looks better than what the latest movie has in store for a certain i dont care im sooo getting t rex prime you could put him with the dinobots alongside grimlock then
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545008)
Posted by dedcat on January 25th, 2014 @ 12:17pm CST
I have avoided the rescue bots til now, but I don't think I can resist something that fun and goofy.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545023)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 25th, 2014 @ 1:45pm CST
Wait. I can't see where this says "Optimus Primal". Where does it say that?
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545036)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on January 25th, 2014 @ 2:26pm CST
So wait, if Optimus Prime's new alt is the monster truck, and this T-rex-puppeteering-Primal fellow becomes a new character by default, could this somehow lead to an Optimus Primal voiced by David Kaye?!? The mind boggles...

While it is possible for them to be depicted an triple- or quad-changers on the show, Heatwave becoming a fire-boat implies to me that the fire-fightin' sauropod isn't Heatwave because Griffin Rock would still need something to fight terrestrial fires. Of course, he could just walk everywhere in robot mode.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545051)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 25th, 2014 @ 4:09pm CST
Where is this "Primal" name coming from? All I see is "Prime" written on that tiny packaging:
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545057)
Posted by Madeus Prime on January 25th, 2014 @ 4:25pm CST
Okay, is it weird I actually want to see that concept art of Bumblebee turned into a GEN toy?

Also that Optimus is surprisingly cool looking, I would buy that.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545088)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 25th, 2014 @ 7:51pm CST
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545101)
Posted by Manterax Prime on January 25th, 2014 @ 9:08pm CST
Autobot032 wrote:These are neat, but if I were Bandai, I'd consider suing Hasbro for that Optimus design. That T-Rex look and transformation is rather close to what Kyoryuger's main mecha looks like.

Well, good thing you're not Bandai. :lol:

But yeah, I can see the similarities, but they're subtle. I doubt Bandai would have any grounds for a case. Plus, Gabutyra's head and tail can't become arms.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545104)
Posted by El Duque on January 25th, 2014 @ 9:28pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Wait. I can't see where this says "Optimus Primal". Where does it say that?

Va'al got a peek at these at Toy Fair, he confirmed the name.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545113)
Posted by STngAR on January 25th, 2014 @ 9:58pm CST
If I see the primal toy in a store I probably would buy it. Most likely the One and only rescue bot I would buy

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545118)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 25th, 2014 @ 10:07pm CST
El Duque wrote:

Va'al got a peek at these at Toy Fair, he confirmed the name.
And it is just Optimus Prime but with a new name, correct?
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545122)
Posted by El Duque on January 25th, 2014 @ 10:24pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
El Duque wrote:

Va'al got a peek at these at Toy Fair, he confirmed the name.
And it is just Optimus Prime but with a new name, correct?

That I couldn't tell you, Va'al might have some additional insight.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545123)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 25th, 2014 @ 10:30pm CST
El Duque wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
El Duque wrote:

Va'al got a peek at these at Toy Fair, he confirmed the name.
And it is just Optimus Prime but with a new name, correct?

That I couldn't tell you, Va'al might have some additional insight.
Thanks.

The pic makes it look like it is just Optimus Prime due to the color scheme and face, but I wanted to double check first.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545130)
Posted by Janus Prime on January 25th, 2014 @ 11:09pm CST
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545134)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 25th, 2014 @ 11:29pm CST
Janus Prime wrote:Nice! I´m a huge Beast Wars fan but I feel like the mere existence of the franchize has kept Hasbro from giving beast modes to their characters. To me it´s cool that the Rescue Bots team sat down and thought "if Optimus Prime was a Dinosaur, what kind of Dinosaur would he be?".
Well, the old "Hearts of Steel" comic had Optimus be a Brachiosaurus before scanning his locomotive altmode. ;)
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545168)
Posted by Va'al on January 26th, 2014 @ 5:40am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
El Duque wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
El Duque wrote:

Va'al got a peek at these at Toy Fair, he confirmed the name.
And it is just Optimus Prime but with a new name, correct?

That I couldn't tell you, Va'al might have some additional insight.
Thanks.

All it said was 'Optimus Primal', no additional information other than the artwork we also have here. Looks like a pretty cool, chunky, simple toy though!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #245 - On a Boat
"On a Boat"
Posted: Saturday, April 4th, 2020

Buy "TRANSFORMERS Dark Of The Moon DOTM Movie Legion Class Cyberverse SOUNDWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 46, DROPKICK Bumblebee Movie, New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon SKIDS Deluxe Figure's ROOF Part Dotm" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON MECHTECH WEAPONS AUTOBOT SKIDS CHEVY SPARK MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Leader Class Shockwave MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Leader Class Deception Shockwave New" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Soundwave DOTM Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Deluxe Autobot Sideswipe [Dark of the Moon] (MechTech)" on EBAY