Transformers News: Transformers RID Joining Jurassic Park, Barbie and More in Multi Brand Happy Meal Holiday Train Set

Wednesday, November 8th, 2017 11:28PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 12,386

It's not everyday you get cross promotion of this level. For this holiday season, McDonalds has put together a twelve part connecting train set where the wagons showcase different brands. The train set is called the Holiday Express and here are some of the brands showcased on the wagons:

Transformers Robots in Disguise (with Bumblebee in Robot Mode peeking above the wagon)
Sing
Jurassic Park
Hot Wheels
Minions
My Little Poney
The Life of Secret Pets
Despicable Me
Barbie

Each Happy Meal will come with one train part that can be connected to the others to form a twelve part train once fully collected. It appears that each wagon will have a particular feature activated when the train is rolled on the floor. This promotion will start in December for the US and it is unknown if it will be appearing in other countries at the same time.

Here is an image of the set.

Credit(s): Happy Meal website

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers RID Joining Jurassic Park, Barbie and More in Multi Brand Happy Meal Holiday Train Set (1920667)
Posted by Bronzewolf on November 8th, 2017 @ 11:37pm CST
This is the coolest thing that Mcdonalds has come up with in years.
Re: Transformers RID Joining Jurassic Park, Barbie and More in Multi Brand Happy Meal Holiday Train Set (1920682)
Posted by griftimus prime on November 9th, 2017 @ 7:03am CST
reminds me of when i was a kid in the 80s and they made those plastic train cars. pretty cool.
Re: Transformers RID Joining Jurassic Park, Barbie and More in Multi Brand Happy Meal Holiday Train Set (1920699)
Posted by Emerje on November 9th, 2017 @ 10:48am CST

Emerje
Re: Transformers RID Joining Jurassic Park, Barbie and More in Multi Brand Happy Meal Holiday Train Set (1920779)
Posted by Zeedust on November 9th, 2017 @ 9:18pm CST
Emerje wrote:That's quite the variety, but it only represents three companies: Hasbro, Mattel, and Universal Studios (with Illumination Studios).

Emerje

What about McDonald'a themselves? (Their creepy mascot is in the engine.) For that matter, I'm not sure who the animals on the ferris wheel car belong to, and the caboose doesn't seem to have anything at all.
Re: Transformers RID Joining Jurassic Park, Barbie and More in Multi Brand Happy Meal Holiday Train Set (1920787)
Posted by Emerje on November 9th, 2017 @ 10:58pm CST
Zeedust wrote:

Emerje

I thought the McDonald's one was a little obvious since it's their toy. ;)

I think the animals are from Littlest Pet Shop, looks like them, also Hasbro's. They've had a Happy Meal before.

Emerje
Re: Transformers RID Joining Jurassic Park, Barbie and More in Multi Brand Happy Meal Holiday Train Set (1959095)
Posted by william-james88 on May 12th, 2018 @ 12:59pm CDT
Transformers Cyberverse is rapidly approaching and the promotion has now reached McDonald's.
From the unlikely source of a My Little Pony fan site, we have an image of a Russian ad for upcoming Happy Meal toys. It shows that next month, certain countries will give kids the choice of having an MLP or a Transformers character for their Happy Meal toy. Of course, the Transformers toys do not transform, but with it being now a decade since the last transforming McDonald's toys (Animated in 2008), we are well passed expecting that. Instead, what they will offer is a chibbie/cutesy version of the following Transformers Cyberverse characters:

Optimus Prime
Bumblebee (in vehicle and robot mode)
Starscream
Windblade
Megatron
Grimlock
Shockwave

For those curious, here are the Cutie Mark Crew themed ponies that will be offered as well:

Starlight Glimmer
Applejack
Spike
Twilight Sparkle
Pinkie Pie
Fluttershy
Rarity
Rainbow Dash

These will be available next month in South Korea, Italy and, of course, Russia and may come to other countries later this year.

Re: Transformers RID Joining Jurassic Park, Barbie and More in Multi Brand Happy Meal Holiday Train Set (1959114)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 12th, 2018 @ 3:40pm CDT
I'll probs try to get some for my GF. Tho we are gonna have to get 2 Windblades so we dun fight over them haha.
Re: Transformers RID Joining Jurassic Park, Barbie and More in Multi Brand Happy Meal Holiday Train Set (1959145)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 12th, 2018 @ 7:21pm CDT
All those TFs and ponies are ADOWABLES. :x
It's been a while since I was interested in any HM toys so I may just hunt myself some.
Re: Transformers RID Joining Jurassic Park, Barbie and More in Multi Brand Happy Meal Holiday Train Set (1959150)
Posted by william-james88 on May 12th, 2018 @ 7:41pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:All those TFs and ponies are ADOWABLES. :x

IF they come to Canada. The previous TF happy meal set never reached us.
Re: Transformers RID Joining Jurassic Park, Barbie and More in Multi Brand Happy Meal Holiday Train Set (1959157)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 12th, 2018 @ 9:20pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:All those TFs and ponies are ADOWABLES. :x

IF they come to Canada. The previous TF happy meal set never reached us.

Odd.
And if they don't come over here, too bad. ¯\_ツ_/¯
Re: Transformers RID Joining Jurassic Park, Barbie and More in Multi Brand Happy Meal Holiday Train Set (1959196)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 13th, 2018 @ 3:59am CDT
Re: Transformers RID Joining Jurassic Park, Barbie and More in Multi Brand Happy Meal Holiday Train Set (1959213)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 13th, 2018 @ 6:26am CDT
Hey look, the first toy of Cyberverse Windblade, and it's not even in the show's main line.
Re: Transformers RID Joining Jurassic Park, Barbie and More in Multi Brand Happy Meal Holiday Train Set (1959220)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 13th, 2018 @ 6:56am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:I can understand the cute ponies somewhat but the Transformers look cringey. Makes me think that most of the older Happy Meal toys I had dimissed probably weren't so bad. And that in itself is bleh

I guess you are not a fan of the "chibi" craze that plague geek shops for some years now?

Re: Transformers RID Joining Jurassic Park, Barbie and More in Multi Brand Happy Meal Holiday Train Set (1959258)
Posted by EunuchRon on May 13th, 2018 @ 12:23pm CDT

So you're sayin' they need to be about 20% cooler? :P
Re: Transformers RID Joining Jurassic Park, Barbie and More in Multi Brand Happy Meal Holiday Train Set (1959261)
Posted by Ig89ninja on May 13th, 2018 @ 12:31pm CDT
EunuchRon wrote:

So you're sayin' they need to be about 20% cooler? :P

Pfft, BAH HA HA HA!!!!! :lol:
Re: Transformers RID Joining Jurassic Park, Barbie and More in Multi Brand Happy Meal Holiday Train Set (1962663)
Posted by william-james88 on June 1st, 2018 @ 11:42pm CDT
[facebook]1985726314772214[/facebook]
Re: Transformers RID Joining Jurassic Park, Barbie and More in Multi Brand Happy Meal Holiday Train Set (1962681)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 2nd, 2018 @ 3:54am CDT