Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Pre-Order DLC is now avilable

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Pre-Order DLC is now avilable

Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014 8:24am CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 23,779

As of today in Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark all the pre-order exclusives has been added as payable DLC in the PS store and the XBL marketplace. Items include: Stinger, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Electro Bolter and Glass Gas Cannon. These items can all be bought individually or together as a bundle. You can discuss all matters pertaining to Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark in our forums here. And
remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!

Transformers News: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Pre-Order DLC is now avilable

Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Pre-Order DLC is now avilable (1592816)
Posted by jrgreer74 on July 23rd, 2014 @ 10:39am CDT
I looked on PSN for the downloads. They offer everything that I got in the Gamestop preorder individually. The Wal-Mart exclusive Stinger character isn't offered except in the Battle Pack. I talked to a Rep. and she stated that there is no information on a single release of the character yet. She couldn't specify if there is going to be a single release or not as of now. If anyone is wanting to get these downloads who didn't get the Wal-Mart version of the game, you are left buying the Battle Pack and paying for everything you already have again, at least for now. $1.99 isn't bad, but $5.99 for Stinger is crazy. For those who are looking to get him as a single download all I can say is keep hoping!
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Pre-Order DLC is now avilable (1592823)
Posted by FracturedKoi on July 23rd, 2014 @ 11:04am CDT
Yeah, no. I haven't touched multiplayer on this one and haven't even popped it back in after finishing the story mode. If it had competitive multiplayer, I'd maybe think about it. It's just so much worse than the Fall/Cybertron games, and that's a shame since it's somewhat a part of them :/
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Pre-Order DLC is now avilable (1592833)
Posted by Yweggo on July 23rd, 2014 @ 12:41pm CDT
Aaaaaand its WFC DLC all over again. By which I mean Playstaion/Xbox only. You play on PC? Well, TOO :BOT: :CON: :BOT: :CON: BAD! It is too bad 'cause I wanted to be Stinger.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Pre-Order DLC is now avilable (1592834)
Posted by Spider5800 on July 23rd, 2014 @ 12:41pm CDT
I still don't get where this game is supposed to fit in either timeline. The movieverse parts are supposed to happen before AoE, since Lockdown is still alive, but both Prime and Bumblebee have their new forms that they got halfway through the movie, and somehow Grimlock is involved even though none of the Autobots had even met him at that point.

The Cybertron parts are even more confusing, since Megatron is in the new body Soundwave made him in FoC, but if I remember right he almost immediately set out to turn Trypticon into the Nemesis and attack the Ark after he got that body. Are these parts of the game supposed to take place in, like, the two hours they were waiting for Tryp to transform? Or is it supposed to happen before FoC and they just used the wrong model for Megatron?

Either way, this game's story was a mess. Kinda wish they had just stuck to one universe or the other.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Pre-Order DLC is now avilable (1592835)
Posted by Yweggo on July 23rd, 2014 @ 12:47pm CDT
Spider5800 wrote: Or is it supposed to happen before FoC and they just used the wrong model for Megatron?

This is what happened, I'm pretty sure. Still no clue where in Movie-verse its set. Because it seems like they know Lockdown and have faced him. Alternate timeline where Lockdown didn't die maybe?
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Pre-Order DLC is now avilable (1592837)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 23rd, 2014 @ 12:51pm CDT

The Movie parts take place in an alternate version of the movie that isn't the same as but still based on the movie itself, just like all of the other Movie video games.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Pre-Order DLC is now avilable (1592840)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 23rd, 2014 @ 12:58pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The Cybertron parts take place after WFC but before FOC, with Megatron in the wrong body.

Wasn't DOTM considered a prequel to the movie?
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Pre-Order DLC is now avilable (1592845)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 23rd, 2014 @ 1:12pm CDT
VirusCarnage wrote:

Wasn't DOTM considered a prequel to the movie?
If it was, that could be the sole exception.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Pre-Order DLC is now avilable (1592846)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 23rd, 2014 @ 1:19pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
VirusCarnage wrote:

Wasn't DOTM considered a prequel to the movie?
If it was, that could be the sole exception.

I just looked, it doesn't specifically say it's a prequel but says the story takes place before the movie and 3 years after ROTF.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Pre-Order DLC is now avilable (1592852)
Posted by Deadput on July 23rd, 2014 @ 1:56pm CDT
VirusCarnage wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
VirusCarnage wrote:

Wasn't DOTM considered a prequel to the movie?
If it was, that could be the sole exception.

Which means its a prequel.

Anyways the only thing i need is Stinger so i went and bought a $25.00 xbox card even though i only needed $2.00

I know this game is lacking a lot compared to other tf games but it is worth it once the price comes down i would say its worth $30.00 at most.

Escalation is improved and you can choose any character you want along new movie tfs if you wanted to.

The cybertron story is fun for what it was and i found some dialogue funny.

the enemies are harder which could be seen as both a good thing and a bad thing.

Of course this is coming from someone who loves all things transformers except for kiss players so i am kinda bias.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Pre-Order DLC is now avilable (1596606)
Posted by hehe on August 4th, 2014 @ 7:28pm CDT
When does Rise of the Dark Spark take place? And what I don't get is that Lockdown dies at the end but he also dies in TF4.. :-? :-? :-? Explain plz.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Pre-Order DLC is now avilable (1597208)
Posted by xyl360 on August 6th, 2014 @ 11:12pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Pre-Order DLC is now avilable (1597229)
Posted by Henry921 on August 7th, 2014 @ 12:50am CDT
xyl360 wrote:I just finished the campaign mode today and I gotta say I really enjoyed this game. It was every bit as good as WfC and FoC as far as the gameplay goes because it was identical, and since the gameplay of those games was my favorite aspect and why I kept playing them even after I'd beaten them several times (I don't do multiplayer) and already knew the entire story and virtually all the dialog by heart. I'll probably end up doing the same with this one. I just really wish there were at least a single level where you got to play as Stinger. I really like his model and was hoping to get to use him. I tried Escalation mode once but it sucked balls (I kept getting my ass handed to me even though I seemed to be kicking butt, even with all sorts of heals and stuff on which I couldn't understand so I just called it quits).

Glad I'm not the only one who actually enjoyed this game. Definitely agree that I wish Stinger (and Lockdown) had a level. The Decepticons just stop being playable at the halfway point, and that feels like a big missed opportunity, especially on the Movie Decepticons/Mercenaries. The Decepticon levels added tons of characterization to both the playable characters and the universe.

Though my campaign experience was occasionally bogged down by technical issues on the 360 version, I did enjoy it as a whole, and liked completing the small challenges each level had to offer, and though some levels got repetitive, I appreciated how there was much less overlap between character abilities than in FOC.

And I enjoyed Escalation, which has more maps and variety than ever... it's once again possible to solo and power your way through with your abilities and loadout (use the Energon Harvester to restore health when downed!), but I highly recommend playing it with friends rather than random server denizens, who seem suicidally determined to transform into glitched spaces and end up leaving you to die while they camp from the sky.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Pre-Order DLC is now avilable (1610497)
Posted by Smokescreen on October 2nd, 2014 @ 4:49pm CDT
Got this game for PS3, except sadly my PS3 got the YLOD. I didn't even get a chance to open up the game and play. So I just have to wonder if the game is any good. I liked the Cybertron series, but didn't care much for the movie series. Since its a cross between the two, I can only wonder..
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Pre-Order DLC is now avilable (1630268)
Posted by It Is Him on December 15th, 2014 @ 4:59pm CST
Is anyone else having problems with dropped connections on PS3. Getting some of the healing trophies, and completing escalation is going to be impossible without people to play with after finishing a few waves. (I just got this game, so it's not neceoposting if we're still playing it)

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Series 4 MEGATRON Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Movie Edition 2018 Hasbro New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Scattershot New MIB Betatron Combiner Scattorshot " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Ironhide New MIB Optimus Maximus Combiner Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BOTBOTS.Magic Tricksters.Series 4.The Great Mumbo Bumblo.Figure.NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Optimus Prime New MIB Ultra Prime Combiner Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Spinister Deluxe Class Non Smoking Home" on EBAY
Buy "??Transformers Combiner Wars G2 BRUTICUS figure set Hasbro 2015 - Complete ??" on EBAY