Transformers: Rising Storm Five-Page Preview

Transformers: Rising Storm Five-Page Preview

Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011 5:35pm CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 42,944

It's the Transformers: Dark Of The Moon prequel movie fans have been anticipating. With Shockwave on the cover, this 4-part series, Rising Storm, is about to start! Courtesy of MTV, they also got the chance to interview Andy Schmidt. Rising Storm will be the direct prequel to the upcoming film, while Foundation is more or less building more fiction well before the start of the first film. Check out the preview below!

TRANSFORMERS: Rising Storm #1 (of 4)

John Barber (w) • Carlos Magno (a) • Brian Rood (c)
Megatron has been on the run since Optimus Prime defeated the Fallen... But now a new player has arrived on Earth, and he's not taking prisoners! Fan-favorite SHOCKWAVE enters the scene in a major way, just in time for his role in TRANSFORMERS 3!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): MTV, IDW Publishing

Re: Transformers: Rising Storm Five-Page Preview (1186209)
Posted by Tigertrack on February 23rd, 2011 @ 6:08pm CST
Looks like Shocky just showed up on the scene.

Looks great. Movie stuff though... I wish we got as much G1 related.
Re: Transformers: Rising Storm Five-Page Preview (1186216)
Posted by Starscream GaGa on February 23rd, 2011 @ 6:17pm CST

Either way, yay for Animated references!
Re: Transformers: Rising Storm Five-Page Preview (1186261)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 23rd, 2011 @ 7:27pm CST
Starscream GaGa wrote:Is Longarm actually Shockwave or will Shockwave kill Longarm and replace him with himself?

Either way, yay for Animated references!

??? Lost me on that one.

Anyhow...NOOO!!! Wiping out Longarm sucks. He's one of my favorites. Love the toy mold and enjoyed having him included in the RotF prequel novel. Not a good way to start this comic prequel.
Re: Transformers: Rising Storm Five-Page Preview (1186267)
Posted by Blurrz on February 23rd, 2011 @ 7:36pm CST
T-Macksimus wrote:

Either way, yay for Animated references!

??? Lost me on that one.

....Yeah.. The Movie prequels tend to be full of Furman. :(

In the Animated series, Shockwave = Longarm. So it's sort of funny that Shocky knocks out Longarm..
Re: Transformers: Rising Storm Five-Page Preview (1186271)
Posted by Tigertrack on February 23rd, 2011 @ 7:43pm CST
Blurrz wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:

Either way, yay for Animated references!

??? Lost me on that one.

....Yeah.. The Movie prequels tend to be full of Furman. :(

That's only speculation at this point (that it is Shockwave doing it in the comic, not the former). :D
Re: Transformers: Rising Storm Five-Page Preview (1186318)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on February 23rd, 2011 @ 9:03pm CST
I like these movie prequel comics. I really enjoyed Defiance and the background to the war and Megatron. I felt like it gave the whole movie universe a much stronger story. I'll definitely be getting these because I want to find out more about Shockwave!
Re: Transformers: Rising Storm Five-Page Preview (1186713)
Posted by OlivusPrime on February 24th, 2011 @ 4:32pm CST
Looks alright, although I don't like how they've fugly-fied Longarm and Salvage's faces. They were movie styled in the first place - why make them even more complex and weird?
Re: Transformers: Rising Storm Five-Page Preview (1186735)
Posted by Windsweeper on February 24th, 2011 @ 5:34pm CST
Typical. Couple of imteresting Movie Autobots and they get killed in moments. Why couldn't it be Ironhide and the Twins?

Anyway, I have to say, this does look promising. Will pick it up at some stage. I also enjoyed Defiance. I hated ROTF when I saw it at first. I came out of the cinema absolutely raging. The first movie had raised my expectations.

Didn't touch anything related to Transformers for over a week and was ready to finisih collecting when I saw Defiance in a bookshop. Gave it a chance and loved it, especially seeing movieverse Prowl. Went back to see the film again. Lowering my expectations, I actually enjoyed it. Focussed on the good stuff like the Decepticons, Prime and Bumblebee. Thank Primus, I read Defiance or I may not be here now.

I may not be fond of IDW's G1 stuff but they do write the movie stuff well. shame they didn't write ROTF.
Re: Transformers: Rising Storm Five-Page Preview (1186768)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on February 24th, 2011 @ 6:25pm CST
Look closely at Longarm's head.

It's Animated Longarm!
Re: Transformers: Rising Storm Five-Page Preview (1187631)
Posted by Seibertron on February 26th, 2011 @ 4:24pm CST
Anyone want to review this book for the news section?

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures - Repugnus Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series KSI Boss Age of Extinction" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Studio Series 43 Voyager Class KSI Boss" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Studio Series 03 Deluxe Crowbar" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots MORBOT Race Car Grey Purple" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Lot - JOLT- CRANKCASE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe WFC-GS21 Decepticon Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Biosfera Autobot Clones MISB" on EBAY