Transformers: Robots in Disguise #2 Seven Page Preview

Transformers: Robots in Disguise #2 Seven Page Preview

Tuesday, February 21st, 2012 8:40am CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 32,354

Courtesy of the fine folks over at IDW Publishing we have a seven page preview of Transformers: Robots in Disguise #2. Enjoy the preview below!

TRANSFORMERS: Robots in Disguise Ongoing #2
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a) • Casey Coller, Griffith (c)
The Decepticons make their move, as the TRANSFORMERS relaunch really amps up! As Bumblebee's provisional government struggles to maintain control, Ratbat stages a deadly attack that only Prowl can stop! Meanwhile, Starscream tries something he's never done before: telling the truth to an Autobot. Well, most of the truth, anyway.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

*Variant covers:
Variant Andrew Griffith B&W cover!

Bullet points:
• ONE UNIVERSE! This series, in conjunction with Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye, expands the Transformers universe into exciting, unexplored territory.

Credit(s): IDW Publishing

Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #2 Seven Page Preview (1349878)
Posted by Dean ML on February 21st, 2012 @ 10:12am CST
Andew Griffith has quickly joined the ranks of my favorite TF artists, including EJ Su, Don Figueroa, and Nick Roche (all of whom have sadly put TF behind them). Engaging writing and art that are as good as anything else on the stands. Haven't been this pumped about TF comics in a long time.

I should also mention how beautiful the coloring is on both of these books, something that a lot of readers take for granted, unfortunately. It would be more fair to credit them as digital painters instead of mere colorists. Think about it, IDW!
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #2 Seven Page Preview (1349919)
Posted by Prime Evil on February 21st, 2012 @ 11:45am CST
I'm really happy with IDW since the new years. IMO, they now have the writers to take our beloved franchise where it needs to go. No more rehashing old story lines. I haven't made any comments on MTMTE yet, but with issue 1 out and this preview, so far it's really good. Kudos guys. Keep up the awesome job. And ya'know what? If the first arc's of the new series are great, I'll buy the TPB as well.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #2 Seven Page Preview (1349941)
Posted by zodconvoy on February 21st, 2012 @ 12:07pm CST
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #2 Seven Page Preview (1350036)
Posted by funeralthirst7 on February 21st, 2012 @ 3:42pm CST
The writing in theses two series have been nothing short of excellent. If they keep this up I'll be double dipping for the trades.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #2 Seven Page Preview (1350070)
Posted by YoungPrime on February 21st, 2012 @ 5:23pm CST
Damn... I amazed that that was only 7 pages.

Felt like I read half the book.

Hmm...here's a thought!

Since Shockwave is clearly featuring his FOC threads. What are the odds that Starscream's FOC figure will look the same as in this book?
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #2 Seven Page Preview (1350122)
Posted by Henry921 on February 21st, 2012 @ 7:32pm CST
Assuming we ever get a WFC/FOC Seeker mold, yeah.

Surprised to see Ratbat is apparently willing to work with Soundwave. Must have gotten over the whole "having my spark ripped out and placed in a cassette" thing.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #2 Seven Page Preview (1350251)
Posted by Sodan-1 on February 22nd, 2012 @ 8:27am CST
I'm loving all of this. WFC designs, acknowledgement of Ratbat being a former member of the ruling body of Cybertron, his new position of leadership homaging comics of old, and the Autobots going through that "absolute power..." issue. This is going to get messy. :grin:
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #2 Seven Page Preview (1350291)
Posted by Prime Evil on February 22nd, 2012 @ 10:49am CST
zodconvoy wrote:One thing: in the Death of Optimus Prime, Sideswipe was shown in his G2 coloration for the entire book and he appears to have reverted to G1 again. I actually liked the change. It denoted that the days on Earth were over and everything was changed.

Yeah, that's one of the things I wished that they kept as well. I really dig SS's G2 colors. Oh well.

Now I just can't wait for this day to end at work so I can go pick up this copy!
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #2 Seven Page Preview (1350321)
Posted by At0mic Cav3man on February 22nd, 2012 @ 12:15pm CST
I for some reason held out on sticking the Transformers comics in my pull file up until these two new books started (I've been slowly picking up stuff in TPB form), but they're really good. I'm looking forward to finding out where Prime went after his "death", and seeing Bumblebee in charge is different. I think we'll start to see the stress of it start to really wear on him.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #2 Seven Page Preview (1350433)
Posted by Chaoslock on February 22nd, 2012 @ 6:15pm CST
At0mic Cav3man wrote:seeing Bumblebee in charge is different. I think we'll start to see the stress of it start to really wear on him.

No sh**, after the first two issue, he and Prowl start to be the major villains in the Ongoing.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #2 Seven Page Preview (1350486)
Posted by At0mic Cav3man on February 22nd, 2012 @ 9:54pm CST
Chaoslock wrote:

****SPOILERS****

LOL, if you're already stressed out and a little paranoid, I'm not sure making Prowl your second in command is a very good idea. I'm not sure I'd have listened to Starscream either all things considered, but yeesh. There's no way Metal Hawk is on the level. He's way too slimey from my pov...
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #2 Seven Page Preview (1350563)
Posted by Trikeboy on February 23rd, 2012 @ 7:39am CST
So far so good. It looks to me like Prowl is really setting himself up for a fall. Killing Skywarp, getting Arcee to kill Ratbat, attempting to destroy Rodimus and his crew. I don't think he has a place in the post war Cybertron and won't be able to accept a unified people. He is too set in his ways after millions of years fighting. Starscream's story is going to be interesting I think.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #2 Seven Page Preview (1350568)
Posted by Prime Evil on February 23rd, 2012 @ 8:13am CST

Another fantastic issue as well. I can't say enough how happy I am to be reading good TF fiction again. I'm actually looking forward to the next issues with anticipation, for both series.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #2 Seven Page Preview (1350599)
Posted by Trikeboy on February 23rd, 2012 @ 9:54am CST
Prime Evil wrote:IDK if he killed Skywarp. I mean I think it would be a great surprise, but I think he's just heavily damaged. He even kinda grunts/moans as he lies there. But I guess we will find out more the next issue.

I went back and looked and you are right, I missed that.

Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Netflix Megatron With Skelivore War for Cybertron New Sealed In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield" on EBAY
Buy "Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep Set of 3 | Transformers Platinum Edition Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "2017 Transformers Collertors Club TFSS Series 5.0 Shattered Glass Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "G1 transformers Diamond Select bust Coronation Starscream 445/600 broken read" on EBAY
Buy "NEWinbox "Armada of Cyclonus" Hasbro Transformers 3pc Set Cyclonus+Sweep+Scourge" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTCON 2013 MACHINE WARS SUNSTORM #A" on EBAY