Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29 Subscription Cover

Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29 Subscription Cover

Monday, April 28th, 2014 7:22pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,917

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Our friends at IDW Publishing have shared the subscription variant cover for their upcoming Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29. As you can see in the image mirrored below it features the always popular Constructicons, minus Scrapper of course.

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29 Subscription Cover

Credit(s): IDW Publishing


This article was last modified on Monday, April 28th, 2014 9:56pm CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29 Subscription Cover (1569683)
Posted by Ultra Markus on April 28th, 2014 @ 7:30pm CDT
so where's scavanger anyway?
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29 Subscription Cover (1569684)
Posted by Va'al on April 28th, 2014 @ 7:32pm CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:so where's Scrapper?


He was ..taken care of in the All Hail Megatron run. This may come back to haunt RiD, now that they're back on Earth. Probably. :-$
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29 Subscription Cover (1569687)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 28th, 2014 @ 7:44pm CDT
So... what are the odds of us getting legitimate, combining-into-Devastator-capable Generations Constructicons?
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29 Subscription Cover (1569693)
Posted by Deadput on April 28th, 2014 @ 8:30pm CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:so where's scavanger anyway?



on the cover


you must mean Scrapper who was killed back in All Hail Megatron.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29 Subscription Cover (1569697)
Posted by Stormrider on April 28th, 2014 @ 9:32pm CDT
I thought it was a weird choice for the writers to kill Scrapper and thus making Devastator obsolete. I hope the writers will come up with something interesting and even go more into the backstory of the characters. I wouldn't even mind seeing Devastator trying to compensate for a missing leg and one missing member from his conscience.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29 Subscription Cover (1569699)
Posted by Superginraix on April 28th, 2014 @ 9:53pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:so where's scavanger anyway?



on the cover


you must mean Scrapper who was killed back in All Hail Megatron.

Scrapper was actually killed by Spike in the first ongoing. Issue #9, I believe.

Nope, it was #8.

Image
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29 Subscription Cover (1569700)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 28th, 2014 @ 10:00pm CDT
Superginraix wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:so where's scavanger anyway?



on the cover


you must mean Scrapper who was killed back in All Hail Megatron.

Scrapper was actually killed by Spike in the first ongoing. Issue #9, I believe.

Nope, it was #8.

Image


Indeed. Pinned by a bunch of construction debris (how ironic) and then Spike blew his head clean off. Just re-read the issue a few days ago while re-packing all of my old TF comics into more secure containers.

Stormrider wrote:I thought it was a weird choice for the writers to kill Scrapper and thus making Devastator obsolete. I hope the writers will come up with something interesting and even go more into the backstory of the characters. I wouldn't even mind seeing Devastator trying to compensate for a missing leg and one missing member from his conscience.


I think they've done quite a fine job of compensating and finding a replacement for Scrapper. Prowl might not be too fond of the choice of replacement and I know it galls him having 5 new "best friends" but he's actually gone willingly into his new role as a combiner member once now. They may yet have him do it again. :P
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29 Subscription Cover (1569706)
Posted by Ultra Markus on April 28th, 2014 @ 10:25pm CDT
with all the toys coming out for the generations line paying tribute to IDW comics wouldn't it be great if they surprised us with some constructicons which would form devestator of course
just sayin
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29 Subscription Cover (1569707)
Posted by Ultra Markus on April 28th, 2014 @ 10:27pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:so where's scavanger anyway?



on the cover


you must mean Scrapper who was killed back in All Hail Megatron.

i know, i get those names mixed up sometimes
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29 Subscription Cover (1569712)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on April 28th, 2014 @ 10:51pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:So... what are the odds of us getting legitimate, combining-into-Devastator-capable Generations Constructicons?


If we get a Scrapper remold from Generations Scoop too, I'll be all over it
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29 Subscription Cover (1569718)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 28th, 2014 @ 11:08pm CDT
MasterSoundBlaster wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:So... what are the odds of us getting legitimate, combining-into-Devastator-capable Generations Constructicons?


If we get a Scrapper remold from Generations Scoop too, I'll be all over it

Heck, I'd take all six Constructicons even they didn't combine. Although that would be a nice thing, HasTak's last attempt at a combiner was...sorely lacking...everything.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29 Subscription Cover (1569728)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on April 28th, 2014 @ 11:37pm CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
MasterSoundBlaster wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:So... what are the odds of us getting legitimate, combining-into-Devastator-capable Generations Constructicons?


If we get a Scrapper remold from Generations Scoop too, I'll be all over it

Heck, I'd take all six Constructicons even they didn't combine. Although that would be a nice thing, HasTak's last attempt at a combiner was...sorely lacking...everything.

Well if they use all six members and go for the original transformation, it should work actually. The G1 figure doesn't suffer from the "Voyager-sized leader" gimmick so I think it's very doable.

And adding all the extra bits like weapons, chest shield, combiner head, etc into each other figures might help drive the incentive to collect the whole set

As always:



Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29 Subscription Cover (1569747)
Posted by Va'al on April 29th, 2014 @ 1:11am CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:
Stormrider wrote:I thought it was a weird choice for the writers to kill Scrapper and thus making Devastator obsolete. I hope the writers will come up with something interesting and even go more into the backstory of the characters. I wouldn't even mind seeing Devastator trying to compensate for a missing leg and one missing member from his conscience.


I think they've done quite a fine job of compensating and finding a replacement for Scrapper. Prowl might not be too fond of the choice of replacement and I know it galls him having 5 new "best friends" but he's actually gone willingly into his new role as a combiner member once now. They may yet have him do it again. :P


Cover for RID #30 suggests they might..

Image
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29 Subscription Cover (1569756)
Posted by Deadput on April 29th, 2014 @ 3:01am CDT
Va'al wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:
Stormrider wrote:I thought it was a weird choice for the writers to kill Scrapper and thus making Devastator obsolete. I hope the writers will come up with something interesting and even go more into the backstory of the characters. I wouldn't even mind seeing Devastator trying to compensate for a missing leg and one missing member from his conscience.


I think they've done quite a fine job of compensating and finding a replacement for Scrapper. Prowl might not be too fond of the choice of replacement and I know it galls him having 5 new "best friends" but he's actually gone willingly into his new role as a combiner member once now. They may yet have him do it again. :P


Cover for RID #30 suggests they might..

Image




besides the over sized back kibble (not the kibble just the size) i love that look for Galvatron on that cover hope we get a toy for that even though i could not care any less for any version of Galvatron.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29 Subscription Cover (1571858)
Posted by daningotham on May 6th, 2014 @ 10:15pm CDT
I will be getting the subscription cover, ordered mine 2 months ago. It's pretty sweet.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
Twincast / Podcast #289:
"No Thanks Given"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers G1 THRUST Vintage Generations One 1985- Nosecone defect-" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Silverbolt (Superion) 100% Comp" on EBAY
Buy "NEW IN-HAND Transformers Generations Kingdom Ultra Magnus War for Cybertron " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Dinobots Unite - ThunderHowl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG-15 Nightbird Shadow (not Arcee) MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG-12 Windblade MISB (Takara Tomy)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Ultimate Gift Set (Combat Hero Optimus Prime, Jazz)" on EBAY
Buy "2014 Transformers Combiner Wars HUFFER Complete with Cardback and Instructions" on EBAY