Wednesday, August 5th, 2015 6:04pm CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: ScottyP   Views: 36,999

If you're waiting to add the full first season of Transformers: Robots in Disguise to your Transformers home video library, well, we don't have that news for you yet, but thanks to Seibertronian o.supreme we've got a heads up on a Pre-order at Amazon for Transformers: Robots in Disguise: A New Autobot Mission. Shout! Factory will be releasing this DVD on October 27th, 2015.

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots In Disguise: A New Autobot Mission DVD Releasing in October

Judging by the running time of 110 minutes, it appears this will bring you the first five episodes of the new series.

Will this tide you over until a Blu-ray release? Or maybe this season's episodes just reserved a spot on your DVR for a few months longer? Chat about this and anything else show related by replying to this post, or by visiting our ongoing Robots in Disguise show discussion thread in the Energon Pub.

Credit(s): Amazon, o.supreme

Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise: A New Autobot Mission DVD Releasing in October (1716142)
Posted by o.supreme on August 6th, 2015 @ 9:23am CDT
I posted a review on Amazon as well. I don't want to discourage perhaps parents with kids who don't get CN from purchasing the DVD perhaps as something new they have never seen before, but most of us that are no doubt waiting for full season sets should of course hold off. I know most of us have probably watched the episodes online as they were made available from iTunes Australia months ago, but Bravo to CN for trudging along, and not canceling the series, or changing its day/time (at least not that I am aware of). The season should conclude on 9/12/15. So *hopefully* S!F is preparing a full season release for Q4 2015 or Q1 2016. They were pretty quick about releasing the DVD's & BRD's of Prime, although I fear the industry is moving more and more towards digital only releases, hopefully S!F still gives fans such as myself the tangible media (and high quality presentation) we prefer.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise: A New Autobot Mission DVD Releasing in October (1716171)
Posted by fighterknight on August 6th, 2015 @ 12:37pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise: A New Autobot Mission DVD Releasing in October (1716177)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 6th, 2015 @ 1:06pm CDT
fighterknight wrote:I just started watching the series, but I would love a full season release. I like having the Transformers series on my shelf and this one is one that I'm enjoying. I hope we see one soon.
The first season's still not yet done airing in the U.S., so we'll at least have to wait until after it is.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise: A New Autobot Mission DVD Releasing in October (1716185)
Posted by fighterknight on August 6th, 2015 @ 2:26pm CDT
Are there any plans to bring in more Dinobots? So far Grimlock is my favorite character and it would be fun to see the rest of the Dinobots show up.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise: A New Autobot Mission DVD Releasing in October (1716190)
Posted by o.supreme on August 6th, 2015 @ 2:58pm CDT
Well there are no plans to add any more of the traditional Dinobots, (Slag, Swoop , Snarl, Sludge) that I am aware of. However... be sure to watch CN on 8/15/15 when they air episode #22 "Similarly Different". I wont spoil it for you, but I'm sure it will answer your question.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise: A New Autobot Mission DVD Releasing in October (1716193)
Posted by fighterknight on August 6th, 2015 @ 3:32pm CDT
I'm only on episode 4. I'll have to catch it later.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise: A New Autobot Mission DVD Releasing in October (1716266)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 6th, 2015 @ 11:05pm CDT
fighterknight wrote:I'm only on episode 4. I'll have to catch it later.
All 26 episodes are online right now, so you can watch them all before they finish airing on CN. ;)

For everyone who is trying to catch up on watching this show but doesn't like Dailymotion, a much better site to watch this show on (and tons of other shows as well) would be KissCartoon. It uses YouTube as its media player and even allows you to hide all of the flashy ads that are on the page.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise: A New Autobot Mission DVD Releasing in October (1718116)
Posted by psj333 on August 14th, 2015 @ 10:58am CDT

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=view&al ... es-preview

Is it likely that those new characters in the comics, will someday be in the Robots In Disguise 2015 cartoon for Season 2 sometime in the near future? :CON:
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise: A New Autobot Mission DVD Releasing in October (1718120)
Posted by Madeus Prime on August 14th, 2015 @ 11:17am CDT
psj333 wrote:Sabrblade, I've just went to the TFormers.com site, and found a picture or a snapshot of a new Robots in Disguise comic book coming out soon. Inside the book, there is a brand new Decepticon named, Transit, who have a bus altmode. In the image shown, the bus stops in time to pick up its passengers. Un-noticed, this bus transform into a Decepticon. Despite having being a bus, Transit doe not appear to have a human form, but an animal form. By judging his looks, what animal does Transit closely resembled? Here is the image shown below:

Ah, my favorite little nit-picker. Wondered where you've been. And he's obviously a rhino! If you honestly can't tell what he's modeled after, you have issues dude. :lol:

Also, this doesn't belong in the cartoon thread for the cartoon! It should be here.

psj333 wrote:Is it likely that those new characters in the comics, will someday be in the Robots In Disguise 2015 cartoon for Season 2 sometime in the near future?

First off, Season two is likely nowhere in the near future, as their toy sales for the RID line have been below par, I owe it to a lack of Decepticons on the shelves and Jurassic World clouting up space (though that line is cooler then RID TBH). Secondly, the chances of characters from the comics appearing in the show are excruciatingly low. Characters from the cartoon showing up in the comic? SURE! Visa versa? NO.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise: A New Autobot Mission DVD Releasing in October (1718126)
Posted by psj333 on August 14th, 2015 @ 11:38am CDT
You know, Madeus_Prime, that might be true. Unfortunately, contrary to what most people believed, Season 2 is still currently in production, and not cancelled as previously thought. This was confirmed on TFW2005.com by Hasbro just weeks ago, pointing out that Season 2 will indeed make its debut, likely not this year, but mostly likely in the beginning of next year. So I'm pretty sure that there is a very good chance that we might see some of these comic characters make their presence felt in the cartoon once Season 2 hits. And should Season 2 is cancelled, Hasbro would have informed us about that already, which thankfully didn't happen. :BOT: :CON:
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise: A New Autobot Mission DVD Releasing in October (1718127)
Posted by Madeus Prime on August 14th, 2015 @ 11:46am CDT
psj333 wrote:. Unfortunately, contrary to what most people believed, Season 2 is still currently in production, and not cancelled as previously thought. This was confirmed on TFW2005.com by Hasbro just weeks ago, pointing out that Season 2 will indeed make its debut, likely not this year, but mostly likely in the beginning of next year.

Yes, I am aware of that fact psj, what I was saying is that the beginning of next year is not the "near future". Either way, I think that season 2 is going to happen, but I bet it'll be shorter and have less original characters (sorry, but the monster of the week formula got boring a few episodes in)

psj333 wrote:So I'm pretty sure that there is a very good chance that we might see some of these comic characters make their presence felt in the cartoon once Season 2 hits.

As I said, the chances are extremely slim, and while I know you'll argue that Windblade appeared in the show from a comic, it's not the same Windblade from the IDW-verse so it doesn't count. Also, I have a feeling we'll see less new characters in season two, so don't expect much.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise: A New Autobot Mission DVD Releasing in October (1718133)
Posted by psj333 on August 14th, 2015 @ 12:11pm CDT
Madeus_Prime, maybe and maybe not. But again, in case you haven`t notice, Hasbro said on their website long ago that this cartoon is expected to have a total of 78 episodes. Therefore, how can it be that short if it contains 78 episodes?
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise: A New Autobot Mission DVD Releasing in October (1718136)
Posted by o.supreme on August 14th, 2015 @ 12:19pm CDT
Additionally, remember that 2015 RID is being produced concurrently in both the Unites States & Japan (something that hasn't occurred since Galaxy Force/Cybertron). Windblade is a new character produced by Hasbro, so like Drift, they are going to shove it down fans throats in every form of media possible, she was not created specifically for the comics, despite popular opinion.

It takes much more time to create an animated series than a comic, so I doubt any comics characters will appear either, unless they have already been developed for season 2, which is being producedcurrently. In which case, retroactively speaking, while such characters may have appeared *first* in the comic, they (by chance) appearing in season 2 of the animated series would not be because of the comic, rather, because it was planned out from the beginning for them to appear in multiple forms of media.

That would be like saying certain transformers in the original Animated Series were developed specifically from the comics (and vice versa), when one may have appeared before the other by chance in some sort of media. We know the comics had specific characters (Straxus, Jhiaxus, Xaaron etc...) as did the animated series (Devcon, Female Autobots, etc...) But the main Transformers characters themselves, for the most part (with few exceptions) appeared in both Comics and Animated Series
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise: A New Autobot Mission DVD Releasing in October (1718137)
Posted by o.supreme on August 14th, 2015 @ 12:24pm CDT
psj333 wrote: Hasbro said on their website long ago that this cartoon is expected to have a total of 78 episodes. Therefore, how can it be that short if it contains 78 episodes?

Simply put - Things change. This is CN after all, the killer of many a great series. It would be absolutely awesome if 2015 RiD ran 78 episodes, but until then, we should remain cautious, and not put anything written anywhere online in stone. Remember Transformers: Animated season 4? Oh no you don't, because while it was planned, it never happened, thanks to the very same network that is airing RiD right now. Why this series didn't stay with Discovery Family is beyond me.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise: A New Autobot Mission DVD Releasing in October (1718140)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 14th, 2015 @ 12:34pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:

Don't forget that a lot of the shows that CN killed were ones that CN themselves had made or had a hand in making. RID is being made wholesale by Hasbro Studios, so even if CN chooses to stop airing the show, Hasbro Studios can seek another venue or go straight to DVD for the remaining episodes (but they most likely wouldn't want to do that since a TV airing is more preferable to them).

o.supreme wrote:Why this series didn't stay with Discovery Family is beyond me.
Even the worse CN ratings are better than the best Discovery Family ratings. More people watch CN since it's a channel that more people have when compared to Discovery Family. RID airing on CN makes it more accessible and more likely to succeed than if it were to air on the less mainstream Discovery Family.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise: A New Autobot Mission DVD Releasing in October (1718142)
Posted by Madeus Prime on August 14th, 2015 @ 12:35pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:

Exactly what I was going to say :lol: . Cartoon Network has killed off so many fun and cool shows, before their time, Animated just being one.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise: A New Autobot Mission DVD Releasing in October (1718153)
Posted by o.supreme on August 14th, 2015 @ 2:03pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Even the worst CN ratings are better than the best Discovery Family ratings. More people watch CN since it's a channel that more people have when compared to Discovery Family. RID airing on CN makes it more accessible and more likely to succeed than if it were to air on the less mainstream Discovery Family.

I agree that CN is probably carried by more cable & satellite providers than Discovery Family, however, about the ratings. I am not sure. RiD 2015 had just over a million viewers for its premier, and averages about 700K viewers per episode since, according to Wikipedia. However RiD 2015 being for younger audiences, airing at 6:30am on Saturday Mornings is almost a death sentence when compared to Prime, which aired on Friday evenings, when everyone could watch. Of course, in this day when most people can just DVR a show, the early time may not be as much of an issue, but I really don't believe (unless someone can get some solid numbers) that RiD is getting more viewers than Prime did. Of course, as you mentioned, if CN does try to pull the plug, hopefully Hasbro does have a backup plan, if not, then hopefully they will have learned by being burned twice by the same network, never to do business with them ever again.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise: A New Autobot Mission DVD Releasing in October (1718172)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 14th, 2015 @ 3:16pm CDT
If CN pulls the plug. there had better be a backup. I really like this show :BOT:
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise: A New Autobot Mission DVD Releasing in October (1718180)
Posted by psj333 on August 14th, 2015 @ 3:44pm CDT
You know, D-Maximus_Prime, I also felt the same way, too. There is no way this show is getting cancelled. Why? Because Steeljaw, the main bad guy for the show is still alive and at large. So, if this is really the end of Robots In Disguise, then it will upset a lot of fans, due to the fact that Steeljaw was still alive and not being capture or even killed. Therefore, as far as I know, season 2 will indeed happen. I don't care when or where. Just air them! Why? I just love vehicles that have the ability to turn into animals. I would only just hope Hasbro will be making more figures of these characters that is yet to be seen. :CON:
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise: A New Autobot Mission DVD Releasing in October (1718191)
Posted by Madeus Prime on August 14th, 2015 @ 4:37pm CDT
psj333 wrote:There is no way this show is getting cancelled. Why? Because Steeljaw, the main bad guy for the show is still alive and at large.

Yet Animated had a semi-lead-in ending to a fourth season. Yet Cybertron ended with all our characters going on to other aventures. Yet G1 ended with freaking Galvatron and Scorpinok alive and well!

I'm not saying that it'll be canceled psj, as you take anything we say literally, I'm just saying, due to average ratings and mediocre responses from the fans, I don't expect much from it.

psj333 wrote:So, if this is really the end of Robots In Disguise, then it will upset a lot of fans, due to the fact that Steeljaw was still alive and not being capture or even killed.

*yawn* Eh, frankly the only piece of Transformers media I'm interested in is the Combiner Wars motion-comic/cartoon and the IDW mainstream comics. If season two is canceled, I'm not going to lose sleep or awake time over it. If it isn't, I'm going to skip watching it. Because this has probably been the least "wow" Transformers show I've ever watched. Plus, Transformers fans are too jaded to be upset over a cancelation of a TV series like this one. I was genuinely pissed off when TFA was canceled. I won't be if this should be.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers WFC Earthrise Ratchet & Lifeline Paradron Medics 2 Pack Sealed NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers RBT Optimus Prime Race Track Trailer Playset" on EBAY
Buy "IDW TRANSFORMERS : ALL HAIL MEGATRON #16 LONG BEACH COMIC CON COVER : NM : RARE!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Trilogy Deluxe Cenurion Drone WFC-E33 NIOB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Quest for the Allspark by Auerbach, Annie" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - #46 Duke & #45 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime - OPTIMUS PRIME -  Comic Con 2011 First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - Prime & Cobra Commander" on EBAY