Transformers Robots in Disguise and Combiner Wars available for pre-order

Transformers Robots in Disguise and Combiner Wars available for pre-order

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:55am CST

Category: Sponsor News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 17,012

Fellow seibertronian Shajaki has informed us that both the first wave of Transformers RID 2.0 and Generations Combiner Wars are now available for pre-order at BBTS.
This includes the legends, deluxe and voyager class figures for Combiner Wars and the Warriors, Titan Heroes, Hyper Change Heroes and Legion and One Step Changer class for Robots in Disguise.

The prices vary per line and character and several are already sold out.

Credit(s): Shajaki, Big Bad Toy Store

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise and Combiner Wars available for pre-order (1628462)
Posted by william-james88 on December 9th, 2014 @ 10:01am CST
The new pre-order listings reported earlier have given us a look at a new upcoming product for Robots in Disguise, as well as a hint at the other characters that might appear on the show.

The product is called Tiny Titans. They are small collectable non-transforming figures. They can be purchased as a blind single or as a whole set.
This product showcases some characters that have yet to be revealed elsewhere such as Prowl, Cliffjumper and others. A photo of the set is mirrored below.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your transformer news!
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise and Combiner Wars available for pre-order (1628465)
Posted by william-james88 on December 9th, 2014 @ 10:09am CST
I just noticed, Drift is not one of the characters available.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise and Combiner Wars available for pre-order (1628466)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 9th, 2014 @ 10:11am CST

Underbite: dog?
Steeljaw: wolf
Bisk: Lobster
Thunderhoof: stag
Hammerstrike: hammerhead shark

And Cliffjumper? I thought he was killed off early on Prime, so it must be the G1 guy like Prowl.

By the way, is there any reason to suspect that Japan will treat RID 2015 as a sequel to Animated, given the ID numbers used (TA-# for Animated, TAV# for RID 2015)
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise and Combiner Wars available for pre-order (1628470)
Posted by Metroplex79 on December 9th, 2014 @ 10:24am CST
Are these like the cancelled Robot Heroes?

As above, the Cliffjumper and Prowl look G1-y.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise and Combiner Wars available for pre-order (1628475)
Posted by william-james88 on December 9th, 2014 @ 10:31am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:OK, I may have missed the memo here, but is it just me or are all the Decepticons animal-based:

Underbite: dog?
Steeljaw: wolf
Bisk: Lobster
Thunderhoof: stag
Hammerstrike: hammerhead shark

Yeah, they are all Animals. I dont know if they will explain it as a side effect of hiding out on earth. But it's animals in robot mode, that's what's interesting.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise and Combiner Wars available for pre-order (1628481)
Posted by Desslok2201 on December 9th, 2014 @ 10:44am CST
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise and Combiner Wars available for pre-order (1628483)
Posted by Cobotron on December 9th, 2014 @ 10:47am CST
Ah Oh.
I'm diggin' these animal based Decepticons.
I hope we get a warrior class of that stag.
I was so going to try to avoid this line.
Oh well.

...and that Prowl toy sure looks like Streak to me.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise and Combiner Wars available for pre-order (1628485)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 9th, 2014 @ 10:53am CST
Desslok2201 wrote:Uhh... We now have a lobster that's name is a misspelled soup. The train is officially off the rails.

Good call! Bisque is indeed a type of soup, usually based on crustaceans like, here, a lobster. Gotta love Hasbro's sense of humor :lol:

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise and Combiner Wars available for pre-order (1628486)
Posted by dreadwing95 on December 9th, 2014 @ 10:55am CST
ciffjumper and prowl? and thunder hoof isnt that bad of a name for a goofy looking decepticon lol
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise and Combiner Wars available for pre-order (1628490)
Posted by Cobotron on December 9th, 2014 @ 11:06am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:And crud, with the animal-cons I'm slowly being drawn into the line, despite promising myself to avoid it. Don't ask. :oops:

Me too, Jelze.
Here we go!
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise and Combiner Wars available for pre-order (1628491)
Posted by william-james88 on December 9th, 2014 @ 11:06am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I feel the same way (as does Cobotron). I actually find this quite original. These decepticons are original characters with original designs that dont play much of an homage to anything previous. That is quite rare when you think of it (both Prime and Animated were all about homages and inspiration from previous lines). I might just get the decepticons (if made in warrior class) and have them battle my Prime line autobots with some Beast Hunters dragons thrown in for good measure.

And I like the Bisk name, it's very cute.

The fun thing about this line is that I wont feel rushed to get them or to get them all (as opposed to Combiner wars where one MUST get them all before one particular member gets sold out). I can just wait for a discount. For some reason, I am always more open to trying out discounted transformers and rarely regret a purchase.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise and Combiner Wars available for pre-order (1628496)
Posted by YRQRM0 on December 9th, 2014 @ 11:24am CST
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise and Combiner Wars available for pre-order (1628498)
Posted by william-james88 on December 9th, 2014 @ 11:27am CST
YRQRM0 wrote:Bleh, color me unimpressed by animal-based modes/names. And the appearance of Cliffjumper makes me worried thee continuity with Prime is gonna suck, which is one of the things that made the show really appealing to me.

But come on, that could mean the return of Dwayne Johnson!
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise and Combiner Wars available for pre-order (1628499)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 9th, 2014 @ 11:33am CST
Cobotron wrote:I think Airazor was always intended to be female. Japanese love their super heroins.
Airazor's gender in the Hasbro line is due to Beast Wars story editors Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio's insistence. The original Airazor toy wasn't developed with a specific gender in mind, and Bob & Larry wanted a larger female presence in the show, and the Airazor toy seemed as good a choice as any. They requested the change early enough that the toy's packaging bio could have its pronouns changed to female. The later Transmetal version of Airazor was the first American-released Transformer mold created to represent a female character.

In the Japanese dub of Beast Wars, Airazor was made male.

From TFWiki.

Siger wrote:Way too kiddish looking for my taste. Good transformations though. Why is Bumblebee holding the Starsaber?
That is not the Star Saber.

Underbite: dog?
Steeljaw: wolf
Bisk: Lobster
Thunderhoof: stag
Hammerstrike: hammerhead shark
You didn't know that? But we got glimpses of all those guys in the old promo vids for the series:

Looks more like G1 Cliffjumper along with G1 Prowl included here because G1.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise and Combiner Wars available for pre-order (1628500)
Posted by Noideaforaname on December 9th, 2014 @ 11:35am CST
Did they only have 3 colors to mold these in? Steeljaw, Thunderhoof (what a bizarre name), and Hammerstrike are cast in the same shade of blue despite the art saying otherwise...
And Prowl's grey for some reason, and Underbite's colors are reversed, and, well, you get the idea.

I hope Underbite and Hammerstrike get decent toys.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise and Combiner Wars available for pre-order (1628503)
Posted by leokearon on December 9th, 2014 @ 11:53am CST
managed to get Steeljaw today. I'll have pics up tomorrow
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise and Combiner Wars available for pre-order (1628505)
Posted by william-james88 on December 9th, 2014 @ 12:01pm CST
leokearon wrote:managed to get Steeljaw today. I'll have pics up tomorrow

Which class?
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise and Combiner Wars available for pre-order (1628506)
Posted by Evil Eye on December 9th, 2014 @ 12:06pm CST
The cartoon actually doesn't look half bad, I have to admit. Very kiddy but that's not a bad thing.

Also, even without seeing him I want Bisk. Because he's a lobster and crustaceans are my jam. (Also he could make a sweet custom Nautilator at a stretch...)
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise and Combiner Wars available for pre-order (1628507)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on December 9th, 2014 @ 12:08pm CST
Yeah, I've made the decision to get most of the Decepticons from this line. So far with the exception of Hammerstrike and Underbite, I just don't like their look.

Bisk because his name is Bisk.

Steeljaw looks interesting enough.

And Thunderhoof reminds me of the song Thunderhorse by Dethklok.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise and Combiner Wars available for pre-order (1628509)
Posted by leokearon on December 9th, 2014 @ 12:10pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
leokearon wrote:managed to get Steeljaw today. I'll have pics up tomorrow

Which class?

Warrior, the one steps and Legends/Legion will be out next week

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Club Exclusive Rare - RUNAMUCK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise FRACTURE One Step Changer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Steelbane Bumblebee Tiny Turbo Changers Target Exc" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cogman STUDIO SERIES # 39 DELUXE CLASS Brand New Sealed" on EBAY