Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art

Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art

Tuesday, March 31st, 2015 9:13am CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 29,457

Thanks to Film illustrator & Director Augusto Barranco's Twitter page we get several concept images of Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe! It is interesting to note that Sideswipe's character started out as Fastlane. Check out the image we've embedded below and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates!

Transformers News: Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art

Credit(s): Augusto Barranco's Twitter

Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art (1669391)
Posted by Madeus Prime on March 31st, 2015 @ 9:26am CDT
You know, if they'd used that design and kept the name, I'd love the character a LOT more then the resulting product.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art (1669397)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on March 31st, 2015 @ 9:42am CDT
I love Sideswipe's pointy spiked anime hair helmet.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art (1669406)
Posted by Cobotron on March 31st, 2015 @ 10:39am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Bee never scanned a new form. He kept the same form he had on Cybertron since it already was an Earth vehicle (a "Griffin Motors 1995 Windblazer", to be precise).
Right.
Thanks Hank. ;)
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art (1669407)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 31st, 2015 @ 10:42am CDT
Cobotron wrote:
Right.
Thanks Hank. ;)
For those unaware, "Hank" isn't in reference to me, but a character from episode 4.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art (1669685)
Posted by MartianSpyGirl1996 on March 31st, 2015 @ 11:18pm CDT

1.) Beast Wars/Machines
2.) The TransFormers: The Movie 1986
3.) Robots in Disguise 2001
4.) Animated/Prime
5.) TFs 2007 movie
6.) RotF
7.) DotM/AoE/RID 2015
8.) The Unicron Trilogy
9.) G1

I'm hoping this starts to pick up, and it would be interesting to see Optimus and Megatron return... I'd also like to see Airachnid get off that moon and become a major character instead of a "guest star" like she was in Prime
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art (1669700)
Posted by kaijuguy19 on April 1st, 2015 @ 1:05am CDT
The Sideswipe concept looks neat but I'm fine with the final result because not only does this fit Sideswipe more but it also gives him a chance to flesh his character out more then he did in the past series he was in.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art (1669774)
Posted by Amelie on April 1st, 2015 @ 8:37am CDT
Ah, Transtech - we meet again.

That aesthetic keeps popping up.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art (1669783)
Posted by MartianSpyGirl1996 on April 1st, 2015 @ 8:46am CDT
Amelie wrote:Ah, Transtech - we meet again.

That aesthetic keeps popping up.

Yay :grin:
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art (1669800)
Posted by PrymeStriker on April 1st, 2015 @ 9:02am CDT
MartianSpyGirl1996 wrote:All caught up... started off fun, but I'm bored now. I feel like the character dynamic is wearing thin, falling flat, and otherwise 2-dimensional... granted it took Beast Wars this long to get traction, so now that the Decepticons have been established, I'm hoping there will be more interesting interactions and depth put into these characters. They're cute, but it's like har har okay so what else is there to you? I feel like the Autobots can be kind of douchey, and then some of the Decepticons (Springload, Ped, and Clampdown) are endearing like a bunch of Waspinators... that to me actually makes the show frustrating because I end up rooting for just the Decepticons instead of both of them. I'd rank this show pretty low...

Actually, the characters were pretty one-dimensional in the pilot, but have been receiving more layers since then. Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Fixit, and Strongarm all have clearer motives, personalities, and flaws than we were originally supposed to accept. Grimlock's still pretty flat, though. As for the Decepticons, I only really find Steeljaw, Thunderhoof, and Clampdown all that engaging. Underbite is this show's Breakdown without the cool design and Fracture just sort of exists. Also, his minicons are about as interesting and useful as paste.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art (1669842)
Posted by MartianSpyGirl1996 on April 1st, 2015 @ 10:13am CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:

Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art (1669888)
Posted by PrymeStriker on April 1st, 2015 @ 11:33am CDT
MartianSpyGirl1996 wrote:All they do is squabble and have 1 personality trait. Sideswipe is the rebel, Strongarm worries, Fixit is a geek, Bumblebee is douchey, and Grimlock's cute. There's really not that much range... they're each stuck in their own schtick

That's not entirely true.

Sideswipe has a constant need to show off and prove that he's cool. He cares a lot about what his piers think and tries to impress them by opposing authority. In "Can You Dig It," he finds an idol in Jazz, and will likely learn over time that you can follow the rules and still be cool.

As such, he clashes with Strongarm. She doesn't really worry, much more than she hates grinding against protocol. On the surface, she's your standard by-the-book archetype. However, like Sideswipe, she seems to have a constant need to prove something to somebody. In her case, she wants to prove to Bumblebee that she's a good cadet and could make a good superior like her supervisor.

Fixit, as you said, is a geek. As he's only had one focus episode so far, there hasn't been a whole lot of development on his part. Besides, with Bumblebee, Strongarm, and Sideswipe being the most prominent characters, it's hard to get a word in edgewise. However, what he lacks in depth so far, he makes up for in entertainment quality. His stuttering issues and bubbly/friendly personality make him a pleasure to watch whenever he's on camera.

Bumblebee is far from being a douche. He's just a police lieutenant that was thrown into the position of leader after being stranded on Earth with two teenagers, a criminal, and a minicon. then shoved into hunting Decepticon inmates. As such, he's trying to find his grounding as a leader. Characterized by his lame "roll out" phrases and his sometimes faulty decision making, he finds that his team doesn't always take him seriously as he tries to be the leader Optimus was. What he discovers and is learning is how to lead in his own right, not like his former leader. Also, any depth or backstory this character received has run its course in Prime. Therefore, they're trying and succeeding in giving him a new arc.

Although, you're right that Grimlock's about as deep as a kiddie pool and as intricate as a pencil holder.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art (1669893)
Posted by MartianSpyGirl1996 on April 1st, 2015 @ 11:37am CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:

That's not entirely true.

Wall of text. My opinion man. To me they are not interesting like The Vok stories and seeing characters like Tarantulas, Rattrap being defiant, argumentative, emotional, and vulnerable in Beast Machines, or the relationship between Blackarachnia and Silverbolt... these characters are cardboard in comparison IMHO
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art (1669912)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on April 1st, 2015 @ 12:27pm CDT
And the Beast Wars characters only got their depth after more than one season.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art (1669914)
Posted by MartianSpyGirl1996 on April 1st, 2015 @ 12:34pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:And the Beast Wars characters only got their depth after more than one season.

Which I stated in my very first comment. I am judging what we have thus far, and stated what I hoped to see in the future.

MartianSpyGirl1996 wrote:Granted it took Beast Wars this long to get traction, so now that the Decepticons have been established, I'm hoping there will be more interesting interactions and depth put into these characters.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art (1669931)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 1st, 2015 @ 1:02pm CDT
MartianSpyGirl1996 wrote:Wall of text. My opinion man.
So you're just goona ignore the good stuff he wrote because you don't want to read it?
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art (1669947)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on April 1st, 2015 @ 1:24pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
MartianSpyGirl1996 wrote:Wall of text. My opinion man.

Unfortunately it seems like that. I read that very short "wall of text" while pinching off a loaf. We live in an attention deficit universe.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art (1669955)
Posted by MartianSpyGirl1996 on April 1st, 2015 @ 1:35pm CDT
I don't need to read it. Why would I read something that 1.) I didn't ask for, and 2.) won't change my opinion on what I watched on my own? I don't need to be persuaded... I think the show sucks so far. You can either accept that or ignore it. People defend G1 tooth and nail and I still think it's awful. I don't have to waste my time. No disrespect to the poster, but I think my opinion should also be respected especially since I watched every episode before forming an opinion.
I don't appriciate being called attention deficit offhandedly because I choose not to read every opinion on the Internet.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art (1669962)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on April 1st, 2015 @ 1:51pm CDT
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art (1669971)
Posted by MartianSpyGirl1996 on April 1st, 2015 @ 2:03pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:So you expect other people to respect your opinion ion but you don't want to Reciprocate?

I'm not disrespecting anybody, dude. Why are you hung up on something that doesn't matter? I said you can accept my opinion or ignore it, which is what I do to others. PrymeStriker replied to my post and I kept explaining my reasons. It was not the other way around. Ya'll can like the show for all I care, I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Sideswipe Concept Art (1669988)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 1st, 2015 @ 2:36pm CDT
MartianSpyGirl1996 wrote:PrymeStriker replied to my post and I kept explaining my reasons. It was not the other way around.
Yes it was. He explained his reasons too. Only difference was that he did read your reasons, which prompted him to respond in kind with his own reasons. That's how discussions work. Both parties contribute in equal portions out of fairness.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cyberverse Decepticon Scraplet Figure Lot of 4 New 2018" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege BRUNT War For Cybertron Deluxe Class AUTHENTIC HASBRO 2018" on EBAY
Buy "2009 Hasbro Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Decepticon Stalker Scorponok NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Thunderhowl Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Deluxe Class Hasbro 2020 BAF #8" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action Attackers 1-Step Changer SKY-BYTE Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MPM-4 Optimus Prime - Takara Movie Masterpiece" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Toy/Figures Lot - Bumblebee, Jazz, and Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE # 142 MARVEL COMICS November 1993 SNAKE EYES TRANSFORMERS LOW PRINT RUN" on EBAY