Transformers: Robots in Disguise Befana Products in Italy

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Befana Products in Italy

Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018 3:21AM CST

Category: Collectables
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 5,531

The holiday season is almost over for many countries and cultures (though we have yet to enter the lunar calendar festivities, of course) but in a number of lagging, lapsed, or observant Catholic communities the Epiphany is just round the corner - meaning that Italy has a whole new holiday to gear up for on the commercial front, with the tradition of Befana (a witch-like character who brings sweets and coal to nice and naughty children respectively on the night between 5th and 6th January), and stockings are currently in shops next to the sale of Christmas merch, also including Transformers Robots in Disguise-themed goods!

The images below come from a variety of shops in the country (Carrefour, Coop, Conad, Esselunga) but are almost entirely distributed by Walcor's, much like the advent calendar we reported on here, and also include two mugs filled with chocolates, with prints of Bumblebee and Optimus Prime. Check it out!

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Befana Products in Italy

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Befana Products in Italy

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Befana Products in Italy

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Befana Products in Italy

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Befana Products in Italy

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Befana Products in Italy
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Befana Products in Italy (1929421)
Posted by Sunstar on January 3rd, 2018 @ 10:47am CST
Bee and prime, because there aren't any other characters....

Sarcasm aside, that's still pretty cool. I would have killed to have a stocking (bee or prime) at christmas - of course I would prefer Decepticons... that's me... But still really cool.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Befana Products in Italy (1929702)
Posted by o.supreme on January 4th, 2018 @ 9:28am CST
Greetgins all,

This is kind of a break-in conversation form another thread, but it applies more here thabn in the PotP thread, so I wanted to keep things OT.

basically, I'm nto a fan of the RiD15 line, but I'm not here to bash it, I just want some objective opinons and comparisons. I've had a few figures suggested as shining examples of how Rid15 was, but they are characters I have no desire to own, so the only thing I can do is compare...

I'd like to get an honest comparison between---- Transformers Titans Return Twinferno & Rid15 Twinferno -which overall is better? and why would you say so... (I own TR Twinferno, and I think it is a great toy, I saw RiD15 Twinferno yesterday, and wasn't really impressed based on what I saw in the package)

Same for Windblade. Although I've only seen Rid Windblade up close at B&M, its a nice way to compare two versions of the same character. If a fan could only choose one, why would they pick one over the other?
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Befana Products in Italy (1929715)
Posted by kurthy on January 4th, 2018 @ 10:05am CST
o.supreme wrote:Greetgins all,

I've not heard great things about RID twinferno, but I haven't been able to track him down to get an in-hand account.

The RID windblade mold actually stands which is much better than the T30 windblade (haven't gotten TR yet). If you compare T30 WB to RID WB, you'll think T30 is the cheap knockoff because the plastic is much better on RID. My biggest gripe is that the arms are just tabbed into the side, but this is a problem most jetformers have lately including T30 WB. Did I mention RID WB can actually stay together in jet-mode?

These are far from the best of the line though. Ratchet is a really fun remold of Strongarm, but needs some reprolabels. Drift is great unless you get the deployer or 3step. Thunderhoof and Fracture are the two best warriors. Soundwave is fun but has exposed arms. Starscream and skywarp are meh jetformers. Bisk, scorponok, quillfire are great, well-engineered toys. I'd stay away from sideswipe, Optimus, the jets, and bee. The rest of the warrior class are on par with T30/CW deluxes, but I think they fall a hair short of the TR deluxes.

EDIT: I forgot to point out that the only gimmick they have is being able to transform. The warriors don't even have pegs for the minicons (I honestly wish Hasbro had included a few pegs to attach the minicons, just like they did for the 3 steps and deployers).
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Befana Products in Italy (1929721)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on January 4th, 2018 @ 10:17am CST
We'll start with your first question: Twinferno. The TR one is far superior to the RiD one. The RiD one is the simplist warrior from the line and is not as heavy as the others. He also does a bit less, and the main fun thing from him are the flame accessories. Now that's not to say I don't like him, as he's made a great ceiling fan cling, but the TR one is more involved and more fun overall.

As for Windblade, I personally think her TR figure is the best of the 3 so far, though the warrior is no slouch, and you have the 2 options of regular Windblade and faceplate Windblade (I have the regular. She transforms pretty much the same as the TR one with some slightly different leg transformations, and she holds together nicely, can pose, and can stand. Her sword is very boring though, the T30 and TR Windblade having better weapons. So with Windblade, between TR and RiD, you can't really go wrong.

As for other figures in the line, Thunderhoof is great, one of my new favorite Decepticons thanks to the show, and he has a great figure. Fracture is a standout figure from any of the recent lines, and him being a bike with a giant rifle makes up for him being slightly lighter than the rest of the figures. Quillfire and Bisk and their repaints are great figures that are very unique and are fun in every respect. Ratchet makes for a pretty good generations Ratchet, and he is standing on my LL shelf with Drift. Drift is also a pretty decent figure, though the best (which I never got but wanted to) was his Takara one with a new head based on IDW's design. Bludgeon and Megatronus are also very decent tank formers who have great robot modes, fun tank modes, and some fun transformations.

You should give some of the RiD guys a try, there are some gems that were better than any CW deluxes and most of the TR guys too
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Befana Products in Italy (1930124)
Posted by Va'al on January 6th, 2018 @ 4:37am CST
If you were into Transformers: Robot in Disguise, you may have come across the tiny collectable items (in blind bags) known as Tiny Titans - non-transformable, but quite dynamically sculpted little bots of the cast from the show. The figures also came with collectable cards, featuring artwork of the accompanying character, such as the one recently posted by artist Emiliano Santalucia on his Facebook art page!

Check out below a rendition of the leader of the Autobots, Optimus Prime, as he dazzles into an action pose, ion cannon and battlemask and all. What do you think of the artist's take on the style of the show's animation? Did you ever collect the cards or figures? Join the discussion in the Energon Pub!

Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Befana Products in Italy (1930197)
Posted by william-james88 on January 6th, 2018 @ 2:04pm CST
o.supreme wrote:

Everything about the RID line is about originality. Design, characters and transformations. So it really shines most when the characters are new. So for characters like Windblade and Twinferno, even though they arent bad they are not the best either. The titans return version for both of those characters is better.

Here is a review for RID Twinferno : https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ise/38894/

And here is a review for TR windblade which compares her to all windblades in the past: https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ade/39067/

To truly enjoy the RID line and get the most out of it, you have to check out the new characters.

And only stick with either the Legion class, warrior class or Battle pack class.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Befana Products in Italy (1930222)
Posted by ebo716 on January 6th, 2018 @ 5:40pm CST
There are listings for Thermidor and Bludgeon on Hasbro Toy Shop, but it says they are out of stock.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Befana Products in Italy (1930291)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on January 7th, 2018 @ 3:43am CST
As asked above, I did (well still do if I can find them) collect the Tiny Titans blind pack figures. For the most part I really liked the little figures, reminded me of the G1 Decoys, expect that they were individually colored and painted (kind of) /:) . I also like that they had more then just RID characters in the line-up, that was pretty cool. And yes since I collected the figures I also collected the cards that came with them. For the price I think they were worth it and the art on the cards was pretty nice considering. ;)^
Transformers products from AMAZON