Monday, July 6th, 2015 5:44am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 25,501

How caught up are you with the Transformers: Robots in Disguise animated series? Would you like to find out more about its creation and background? Then the Videos section of the Hasbro Transformers site is for you. After the very first material on the creation of the opening episode, Hasbro have uploaded four more clips showcasing the Story, Characters, Toys and Art Design.

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots In Disguise Behind The Scenes Videos: Story, Characters, Toys, Art Design

We are unable to embed the clips here, but you can view them all by following this link: http://transformers.hasbro.com/en-us/videos

Credit(s): Hasbro Transformers Videos

Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise Behind The Scenes Videos: Story, Characters, Toys, Art Design (1706635)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 6th, 2015 @ 10:20am CDT
Khary Payton is just the craziest motherf***er.

"Action Figures! Because you figure...that you gonna get some action with these figures!"

Actually, it kinda sounds like he was arguing with someone. Makes it even funnier.

"The line that we have to support Robots in Disguise is probably one of the finest lines that we've ever offered at retail."

No. Takara's doing a way better job than you.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise Behind The Scenes Videos: Story, Characters, Toys, Art Design (1706899)
Posted by TGS1985 on July 7th, 2015 @ 9:14am CDT
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise Behind The Scenes Videos: Story, Characters, Toys, Art Design (1706903)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 7th, 2015 @ 9:32am CDT
TGS1985 wrote:Did these get taken down already? All I'm seeing listed on the Hasbro site is toy commercials.
Huh, you're right. They're gone. What happened to them? :???:
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise Behind The Scenes Videos: Story, Characters, Toys, Art Design (1707526)
Posted by Va'al on July 9th, 2015 @ 5:23am CDT
After the text-based interview with Transformers: Robots in Disguise producer and writer Adam Beechen from a while back, the crew of The Pow Wow Show got in touch with us and shared an on air interview with the man behind the (animated) robots! Check out here the full show, in which the show crew discuss a number of bits and bots with SDCC-based Beechen as of the 13 minute mark up to 58 minutes in.

Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise Behind The Scenes Videos: Story, Characters, Toys, Art Design (1708135)
Posted by Va'al on July 9th, 2015 @ 8:31pm CDT
Transformers Robots in Disguise has yet to air its first season finale two-part episode in the US - and the San Diego Comic Con panel took the opportunity to show a clip from the ending teasing the apparent defeat of the Autobots in the main cast, Optimus included, and the arrival of the original big bad himself: Megatronus! Check out the embedded clip below, thanks to site owner Seibertron directly from the event.

Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise Behind The Scenes Videos: Story, Characters, Toys, Art Design (1708138)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 9th, 2015 @ 8:35pm CDT

And that finale was boring, anyway.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise Behind The Scenes Videos: Story, Characters, Toys, Art Design (1708182)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 9th, 2015 @ 9:34pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise Behind The Scenes Videos: Story, Characters, Toys, Art Design (1708186)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 9th, 2015 @ 9:37pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:Anyone know the voice actor? Since they got the guy who did The Fallen in ROTF to voice Dreadwing in Prime, I was kind of hoping they'd get him back to voice, you know... this Fallen.
It's Gil Gerard, who played Buck Rogers back in the 70's.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise Behind The Scenes Videos: Story, Characters, Toys, Art Design (1708213)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 9th, 2015 @ 10:46pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:It's just the cliffhanger ending of episode 25. There's still episode 26 to finish off the season.

And that finale was boring, anyway.

Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise Behind The Scenes Videos: Story, Characters, Toys, Art Design (1708376)
Posted by o.supreme on July 10th, 2015 @ 9:28am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:yeah it was, did they not think they were going to get renewed? I know they could quite easily bs their way out of it, but he didn't even put up a fight, really, shame The Fallen has become such a joke, sigh, I remember the good ol' days when The Fallen was feared :-(

I thought the finale was fairly decent, for a series aimed at younger audiences. Also remember this is on CN. If it is not a flash animation comedy aimed at children with ADD, then it is ALWAYS in danger of being canceled. I'm glad it did get a second season, but I don't see it going beyond that 52 episode plateau, which means they have to really put their all into these next 26 episodes.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise Behind The Scenes Videos: Story, Characters, Toys, Art Design (1708407)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 10th, 2015 @ 10:27am CDT
o.supreme wrote:

This site still lists the total episode count as being 78, which it has done since before the show began airing.

It isn't a matter of who the show's audience is that made the finale what it was, or what channel it airs on, it's just that the finale itself was very bare-boned and unsubstantial. All the rest of the season before the finale is pretty fun, interesting, and enjoyable. However, almost nothing really happened in the finale aside from the main event, and said main event wasn't fun or even that interesting at all. We are "told" more than we are "shown", thus not really giving us enough reason to care about what was unfolding in the finale. Sure, big bad Megatronus coming and wanting to do his thing is bad news, yes, but he's never given any proper menace to himself, coming off instead as this glorified monster-of-the-day instead of the main antagonist the show was trying to build him up as being.

Steeljaw was more impressive than him since we know Steeljaw more, having seen him a lot more often and being one of the most proactive Decepticons in the show. Steeljaw was arguably the best part of the finale, with Megtronus coming in and unjustly stealing Steeljaw's thunder, taking the spotlight away from the Con who deserved it far more. Megatronus is all looks with no awe, all spectacle with no substance, making this one of the weakest finales of the three Hasbro Studios-made TF cartoons, which I rank from best to worst like so:
  • "It's a Bot Time" & "Bot to the Future"
  • "Deadlock"
  • "Darkest Hour"
  • "Now and Then" & "Today and Forever"
  • "Double Villainy" & "Rise of the Heroes"
  • "Battlegrounds, Parts 1" & "Battlegrounds, Part 2"
  • "One Shall Fall", "One Shall Rise - Part 1", "One Shall Rise - Part 2", & "One Shall Rise - Part 3"
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise Behind The Scenes Videos: Story, Characters, Toys, Art Design (1708436)
Posted by o.supreme on July 10th, 2015 @ 11:24am CDT
Actually I put a lot of stock in the Target audience, and the network the show airs on. Because the show went from the HUB to CN, and we were told it would be for younger audiences, my expectations were automatically lowered. I knew it would not be the epic series that TF: Prime was, and for a mediocre series, RID delivers pretty much what I expected. I don't quite understand the whole adult love of TF: Rescue Bots. Yes it is a well-written series for young children. I can speak from experience, my son (9) loves the show, and I have probably watched 80% of the episodes with him, but I can honestly say I don't really get any enjoyment out of it. I just ask him occasionally to let me know when Optimus makes an appearance, and I'll watch with him (though I have seen many episodes without Optimus Prime).

I own all the TF series in one form or another, but honestly, the only ones I will re-watch on a regular basis are: The original, Beast Wars, Transformers Prime, and the Japanese series (Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory). some I will watch occasionally but Beast Machines & Armada I will almost never watch, my son REALLY has to twist my arm to get me to suffer through those. Rescue Bots is pretty much the same, though unlike Armada & BM, I will give it the benefit of being well-written & entertaining for children.

All that being said, I desire no TF series to ever be cancelled. It kind of boggles my mind how Rescue Bots is getting a 4th season, and is making a run for longest TF animated series ever, but, I figure, good for them. My son can at least enjoy it. I wish Prime would have went on, but I also get that making TF series for younger fans is more profitable than making them for adults, thus the reason I am so glad at least somebody has not forgotten us adult fans, and we will be getting the Combiner Wars from Machinima. As for RID, if by some miracle it gets 78 episodes, I will be truly surprised, but again, that is a good thing. Since RID is being almost concurrently aired in Japan, their typical order is around 52 episodes (one for each week lasting a whole year). So I really don't see it going beyond 52. Maybe like some other series, Netflix might pick it up if CN cancels it. In fact, from what I've seen, getting a TF series on Netflix might not be a bad idea.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise Behind The Scenes Videos: Story, Characters, Toys, Art Design (1709540)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 13th, 2015 @ 1:43pm CDT
I personally liked the season finale and it proved to be a good show. I'm excited for a second season. :BOT:
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise Behind The Scenes Videos: Story, Characters, Toys, Art Design (1709717)
Posted by MrBlack on July 14th, 2015 @ 9:22am CDT
I liked the finale, more for what it did for the heroes than the villains.

Bumblebee finally stepped up and took charge, rather than deferring to Optimus. Sideswipe and Strongarm both demonstrated the initiative and teamwork that Bee has been trying to hammer into them all season. The entire team ended up working together to stop the threat, and it was Bee and his allies who took down Megatronus, rather than Optimus.

Speaking of Optimus, I love what the writers have done with him in this series. I thought the TF:Prime version of Optimus was both too dour and nigh infallible as a leader. He's still too dour here (at least compared to his G1 cartoon incarnation), but I liked the fact that he's stumbled a few times in this series. His own stubbornness got in the way of his training, and he was in way over his head with Megatronus. Optimus was the one to stop Megatronus' plan to destroy Earth and Cybertron, but I'm glad it was Bee and his team who ultimately ended the villain's threat.

Megatronus was the weak point of the episode. He didn't get much build up or much of a chance to shine before being shuffled off. Here's hoping we see him again. At the very least, we got some great development with Steeljaw. I really do love his character, and I hope we see MUCH more of him next season.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise Behind The Scenes Videos: Story, Characters, Toys, Art Design (1710753)
Posted by Madeus Prime on July 18th, 2015 @ 12:48pm CDT
The finale wasn't too bad, could've been better, but not too bad. Although I didn't like how they just pulled a deus ex machina out of their a**es for the end (I know, so did the original movie, but at least that had presence and an epic soundtrack.)
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise Behind The Scenes Videos: Story, Characters, Toys, Art Design (1712333)
Posted by Va'al on July 23rd, 2015 @ 6:42am CDT
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise Behind The Scenes Videos: Story, Characters, Toys, Art Design (1712365)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 23rd, 2015 @ 9:28am CDT
I kinda saw the three Mini-Cons as playful young adults rather than as children (though, now I wonder what they're all like in the Japanese dub :-? ), but that is still very cool.

Just need Jazz, Windblade, and (*sigh*) Optimus.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise Behind The Scenes Videos: Story, Characters, Toys, Art Design (1713787)
Posted by william-james88 on July 27th, 2015 @ 9:26pm CDT
Artist Jose Lopez has posted some new Transformers: Robots In Disguise concept art on his Instagram account. These feature some renditions of Strongarm, Fixit, Russel, Bumblebee and Denny, who looks far more like Matches Malone (one of Batman's undercover disguises). The character of Denny had changed quite a bit since conception, as we already knew from our very own Jon Bailey who auditioned for the role, and this is further proof of that.
Also, notice how Fixit initially had threads instead of wheels to move. We also get a bit of an insight into the Bumblebee design from Mr. Lopez:

“Bumblebee from Transformers Robots in Disguise. It was really tough concepting a new look for TF while still wrapping Prime. But we are very happy with the look, plus these guys are easier to draw haha! “

Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise Behind The Scenes Videos: Story, Characters, Toys, Art Design (1713794)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 27th, 2015 @ 9:56pm CDT
Denny looks... different.

Is it wrong my first thought upon seeing that Strongarm was "Dark Samus"?
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise Behind The Scenes Videos: Story, Characters, Toys, Art Design (1713801)
Posted by william-james88 on July 27th, 2015 @ 10:22pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Denny looks... different.

Is it wrong my first thought upon seeing that Strongarm was "Dark Samus"?

Sounds awesome to me!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers RBT Optimus Prime Race Track Trailer Playset" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 ALPHA TRION Super 7 ReAction Action Figure Vintage MOC - NEW!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Trilogy Deluxe Cenurion Drone WFC-E33 NIOB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Quest for the Allspark by Auerbach, Annie" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - #46 Duke & #45 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - Prime & Cobra Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Voyager G2 Combat Megatron NEW Read" on EBAY
Buy "Mighty Muggs Megatron + Destro Loose Transformers GI Joe" on EBAY