Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update

Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update

Saturday, September 3rd, 2016 1:22pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 41,460

Remember that time we newsed a new Trademark application involving "combiner force?" Well, it appears as though we finally have our answer as to what this is meant to be.

Thanks to Seibertronian RAR we have news from the Transformers: Robots In Disguise mobile app that combiner force will actually be a new subline within the greater Robots in Disguise toyline. Among the things revealed by the game are characters and some maps.

Considering how reliable the game is for the toyline characters, it appears as though there are 3 new names Robots in Disguise fans should become aware of: Combiners, Crash Combiners, and Activators. We don't have any information about what the Combiners line will be yet, though it does feature the standard main cast of Autobots. Crash Combiners seem to be a new name for Power Battlers, or something similar to it. Activators appear to be a new name for minicon-like characters.

Among the new characters shown off are Skyhammer, Great Byte, Stuntwing and Trickout. Check out the screenshots below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below.

“The War rages on, but we have a new weapon against the enemy. The COMBINERS are one of the the largest, most powerful robots on the team. Our victory is assured?” – Optimus Prime

Transformers News: Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update

Credit(s): Robots in Disguise mobile game

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update (1821303)
Posted by Kurona on September 3rd, 2016 @ 1:28pm CDT
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update (1821310)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 3rd, 2016 @ 1:32pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Bumblebee, Strongarm and Sideswipe now appear to share a very similar body shape; something similar to CW Skydive and Firefly. Also note the massive kibble Bumblebee has on his legs, that implies a gimmick to me.

Yeah, now that I look closer, they literally share the skeleton. And I'm thinking the energon route
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update (1821311)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on September 3rd, 2016 @ 1:35pm CDT
Neat, I always liked Energon's combination. Just needed to be done a bit better...hopefully these don't disappoint.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update (1821325)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on September 3rd, 2016 @ 2:53pm CDT
Okay, I like the look of Skyhammer, and I want a recipe of Greatbyte into Skybyte.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update (1821329)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on September 3rd, 2016 @ 3:09pm CDT
Fascinating stuff, I am very interested in seeing how this all pans out. Gonna need some awesome :CON:'s, the same, lame :BOT:'s aren't gonna cut it with me [-(
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update (1821334)
Posted by Deadput on September 3rd, 2016 @ 3:52pm CDT
First of all Autobot shark plane.

Secondly I'm looking forward to seeing Skyhammer in the show outside of a few minicons everyone who has shown up in this game playable wise has or will have some role in the show even Scatterspike and Paralon who I thought would just be redecos have shown up in the season 3 trailer.

We honestly need more new main characters in shows like Strongarm and Bulkhead (not their characters or traits specifically but I mean mostly show original characters)

Skyhammer at least is probably going to be a recurring character like Wheeljack in Prime or he could be one of the characters on Cybertron since Optimus, Ratchet and Windblade were going there to face the council at the end of Season 2.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update (1821337)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 3rd, 2016 @ 3:57pm CDT
"Primestrong"? "Beeside"? One thing comes to mind:

FUSION... HAH!

Looking at them more closely, I have a feeling the Crash Combiners are non-transforming figures, but can swap body parts like the current Hero Mashers. And the Combiners proper should be akin to the Energon Powerlinx Autobots aka Victory Multiforce.

And speaking of Multiforce, does anybody think Skyhammer is based on WingWaver?
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update (1821338)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 3rd, 2016 @ 4:00pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:"Primestrong"? "Beeside"? One thing comes to mind:

FUSION... HAH!

And speaking of Multiforce, does anybody think Skyhammer is based on WingWaver?

Fusion is seriously one of my favorite words. :D

I figured the crash combiners would be the new hero mashers of sorts. But I really look forward to the possibility of powerlinxers. I want that very badly if done right.

And I was thinking technobot Strafe when I saw Skyhammer
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update (1821343)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 3rd, 2016 @ 4:10pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:And I was thinking technobot Strafe when I saw Skyhammer

I'll give you that :) However, the characters in the Crash Combiner category seem all to be combined forms, and I was simply thinking Skyhammer followed suit. We got plenty of names with "sky" and "hammer" anyway :lol:
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update (1821345)
Posted by Kurona on September 3rd, 2016 @ 4:14pm CDT
Technically the original Skyhammer combined with a lot of stuff.

Ultra Pretenders were friggin' weird
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update (1821348)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 3rd, 2016 @ 4:18pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:And I was thinking technobot Strafe when I saw Skyhammer

I want to see what all this is going to come to. I'm kinda stoked!

Kurona wrote:Technically the original Skyhammer combined with a lot of stuff.

Ultra Pretenders were friggin' weird

Oh my.....
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update (1821349)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 3rd, 2016 @ 4:23pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Technically the original Skyhammer combined with a lot of stuff.

Ultra Pretenders were friggin' weird

Yeah, Ultra Pretenders were nothing more than Transformer Matryoshka dolls. :lol: Shame both Skyhammer and Roadblock suffer from GPS...
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update (1821350)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 3rd, 2016 @ 4:24pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:And I was thinking technobot Strafe when I saw Skyhammer

I want to see what all this is going to come to. I'm kinda stoked!

Kurona wrote:Technically the original Skyhammer combined with a lot of stuff.

Ultra Pretenders were friggin' weird

Oh my.....

It was oodles of fun
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update (1821381)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 3rd, 2016 @ 7:42pm CDT
Primestrong? Beeside?

If they utilize these piss poor shipping titles in the show, I swear to f**king God..... :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update (1821401)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 3rd, 2016 @ 9:18pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:Primestrong? Beeside?

Very well. Their names shall instead be Armoptimus and Swipebumble! :P
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update (1821411)
Posted by Emerje on September 3rd, 2016 @ 11:45pm CDT
Yeah, I'm definitely getting an Energon vibe from these guys. I'm thinking the ones that simply say "Combiner" are Warrior class figures that can combine while the ones that say "Crash Combiner" are like Acivators in that you get two vehicles that you smash together to auto combine.

Based on the colors I REALLY hope half of Skyhammer is Skyfire.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update (1821431)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on September 4th, 2016 @ 2:32am CDT
Skyhammer? erm....wasn't he a helicopter :-?
+ the size of him in the game....he looks more like he should be Jetfire ;)
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update (1821436)
Posted by Emerje on September 4th, 2016 @ 3:35am CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:+ the size of him in the game....he looks more like he should be Jetfire ;)

That's because he's two mystery characters smooshed together making him huge.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update (1821441)
Posted by RAR on September 4th, 2016 @ 4:52am CDT
Crash Combiners look like Mash-ups a bit to me.
Perhaps the licensing show will reveal a bit more.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force, Activators Update (1821448)
Posted by Va'al on September 4th, 2016 @ 5:55am CDT
D-Maximus_Primal also spotted another Australian TV ad - via the official Transformers YouTube channel - for Transformers: Robots in Disguise Power Surge Optimus Prime, also featuring Starscream, in a very moody, thunderstormy setting. Check it out embedded below!

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Legends LG52 MISSFIRE & Targetmaster Aimless Titans Return Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Kre-O A6950 Scorn Street Chase" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Computron! Scattershot strafe lightspeed afterburner nosecone" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TFSS 4.0 Spinster   Thunder Mayhem TFCC Targetmaster Subscription" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Hotrod, Cogman, Stinger lot" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Premier Deluxe Crosshairs, C7 Corvette 2016 Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Autobot HOUND Earthrise WFC G1 MISB lot" on EBAY