Wednesday, September 28th, 2016 8:20am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 17,386

Once more via Transformers Australia, from the official YouTube channel, we get a short video for the Robots in Disguise line and Power Surge Optimus Prime, this time featuring an unboxing of sorts, and the cross-generation explanation of how the toys works in all its gimmicks - kids and their toys these days, right? Check out 'Grandpa Unboxing' embedded below!

Credit(s): Transformers YouTube

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Grandpa Unboxing Power Surge Optimus Prime Short (1829108)
Posted by Cobotron on September 28th, 2016 @ 8:26am CDT
:shock: I didn't know Burn did commercials!
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Grandpa Unboxing Power Surge Optimus Prime Short (1829115)
Posted by Va'al on September 28th, 2016 @ 8:39am CDT
Cobotron wrote::shock: I didn't know Burn did commercials!

I wanted to say the same in the write-up. I did not. Thank you for taking this one for me.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Grandpa Unboxing Power Surge Optimus Prime Short (1829121)
Posted by Counterpunch on September 28th, 2016 @ 9:17am CDT
That was excellent.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Grandpa Unboxing Power Surge Optimus Prime Short (1829197)
Posted by Burn on September 28th, 2016 @ 2:35pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:
Cobotron wrote::shock: I didn't know Burn did commercials!

I don't have a British accent you twatwaffles. >:oP
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Grandpa Unboxing Power Surge Optimus Prime Short (1829201)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 28th, 2016 @ 2:41pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
Cobotron wrote::shock: I didn't know Burn did commercials!

I don't have a British accent you twatwaffles. >:oP

"Twatwaffles"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Grandpa Unboxing Power Surge Optimus Prime Short (1829218)
Posted by Cobotron on September 28th, 2016 @ 5:10pm CDT
Burn wrote: twatwaffles.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is a cute commercial though.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Grandpa Unboxing Power Surge Optimus Prime Short (1829243)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 28th, 2016 @ 7:00pm CDT
Australian boy: "They're robots that convert, grandpa!"

Keep up that marketing, Hasbro. :roll:
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Grandpa Unboxing Power Surge Optimus Prime Short (1829322)
Posted by King Kuuga on September 29th, 2016 @ 12:23am CDT
@Sabrblade:
"Why are they called transformers?"
"Because they change their physical appearance from one shape to another."
"Well that's a mouthful, there has to be an easier word for that."
"Like what?"
"Um... Transformers.... change.... forms..... transition.... between forms.... trans... fo-OH they convert. Yeah, transformers convert! It makes so much sense!"

this conversation was had between no two people ever, except maybe in Hasbro's marketing department.

Anyway the commercial was pretty fun, even if the kid did not talk like an actual kid. I wouldn't mind seeing more like this.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Grandpa Unboxing Power Surge Optimus Prime Short (1829324)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 29th, 2016 @ 12:30am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Australian boy: "They're robots that convert, grandpa!"

Keep up that marketing, Hasbro. :roll:

It's kind of a necessity though. Hasbro has to use "convert" instead of "transform" in order to avoid trademark dilution, especially since they own that particular trademark. Should it get to the point that "transform" can be used anywhere in advertising, it will be considered generic and thus unable to be trademarked.

Then what would we call our favorite toyline? Convertors?! :shock:
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Grandpa Unboxing Power Surge Optimus Prime Short (1829347)
Posted by King Kuuga on September 29th, 2016 @ 4:45am CDT
I know why they do it but that doesn't mean it doesn't sound silly to say that Transformers "convert" when their name is literally a noun form of a verb that describes what they do.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Grandpa Unboxing Power Surge Optimus Prime Short (1829348)
Posted by Burn on September 29th, 2016 @ 4:50am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Australian boy: "They're robots that convert, grandpa!"

Keep up that marketing, Hasbro. :roll:

He's NOT Australian. They're both very much British.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Grandpa Unboxing Power Surge Optimus Prime Short (1829366)
Posted by Kurona on September 29th, 2016 @ 6:41am CDT
As someone from Britain, they didn't sound British to me.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Grandpa Unboxing Power Surge Optimus Prime Short (1829373)
Posted by Burn on September 29th, 2016 @ 6:57am CDT
Kurona wrote:As someone from Britain, they didn't sound British to me.

You're Scottish. You lot sound different again.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Grandpa Unboxing Power Surge Optimus Prime Short (1829376)
Posted by Kurona on September 29th, 2016 @ 6:59am CDT
Burn wrote:
Kurona wrote:As someone from Britain, they didn't sound British to me.

You're Scottish. You lot sound different again.

Yeah, but I've also lived with a lot of English people around me.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Grandpa Unboxing Power Surge Optimus Prime Short (1829379)
Posted by Burn on September 29th, 2016 @ 7:08am CDT
Kurona wrote:
Burn wrote:
Kurona wrote:As someone from Britain, they didn't sound British to me.

You're Scottish. You lot sound different again.

Yeah, but I've also lived with a lot of English people around me.

And as such your ears have adjusted to the accent.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Grandpa Unboxing Power Surge Optimus Prime Short (1829382)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 29th, 2016 @ 7:10am CDT
Burn wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Australian boy: "They're robots that convert, grandpa!"

Keep up that marketing, Hasbro. :roll:

He's NOT Australian. They're both very much British.
The video quite literally says "Transformers Australia - 'Power Surge Optimus Prime Unboxing' Original Digital Short"
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Grandpa Unboxing Power Surge Optimus Prime Short (1829383)
Posted by Burn on September 29th, 2016 @ 7:15am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Burn wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Australian boy: "They're robots that convert, grandpa!"

Keep up that marketing, Hasbro. :roll:

He's NOT Australian. They're both very much British.

:roll:
You could call it "Transformers Mexico" but that wouldn't mean they're Mexican now would it?

They are NOT Australian.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Grandpa Unboxing Power Surge Optimus Prime Short (1829392)
Posted by william-james88 on September 29th, 2016 @ 8:22am CDT
You non americans all sound the same to me :lol:
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Grandpa Unboxing Power Surge Optimus Prime Short (1829398)
Posted by galvatron00 on September 29th, 2016 @ 8:32am CDT
You know what's great?

Accents.

Had a crazy idea the other day and I'm kind of sad I didn't follow through. Local TRU had both warrior class versions of Power Surge Optimus. Has anyone kitbashed both of them together to make a super pretty version? I'm currently searching but have yet to come across anything..
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Grandpa Unboxing Power Surge Optimus Prime Short (1829402)
Posted by william-james88 on September 29th, 2016 @ 9:06am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:You know what's great?

Accents.

no one has done that yet. But I am wondering, what part of the Clash one would you change? The legs maybe? I really like everything torso up.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-37 Ravage & Bullhorn" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-28 Rewind & Nightbeat" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY