Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike Review

Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike Review

Tuesday, May 17th, 2016 6:45pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 25,966

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to our friend Chuckdawg1999 we have our first video review of Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike, the wavemates to Strongarm and Sawtooth! This Sideswipe is a redeco of the Minicon Battle Packs Sideswipe in Red Alert's colors, while Windstrike is an all new minicon weapon. Check out the review below and let us know what you think, and as always stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your latest Transformers News and Galleries!

Credit(s): chuckdawg1999


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike Review (1790735)
Posted by william-james88 on May 18th, 2016 @ 9:36pm CDT
While both of these toys have already been revealed at Botcon 2016, we didnt get stock images of Robots in Disguise Warriors Power Surge Optimus Prime and Scatterspike, aside from CG renders of the later. Now, thanks to hobbybrinquedos, we have stock images of the actual toys. Better than that, we have the package images which gives us a good look at what Scatterspike will look like in the Robots in Disguise show. While the toy is a straight up redeco of Quillfire the character seems to have more of a different look. Also, we have images of the new packaging for all the rereleased Warrior figures which now sport the Weaponizer subprint. These are the very same figures and the reason why Hasbro can still promote them as being compatible with the weaponizer minicons is because all that is needed to interact with them is a 5 mm port. Hopefully the rereleased Grimlock will fix the problems of the original release.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike Review (1790737)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 18th, 2016 @ 10:39pm CDT
Hasbro's promoting Scatterspike at the BotCon 2016 panel was an odd one. John Warden hyped the character up as having a twist for us to look forward to in season 2, but Scatterspike never appeared in season 2. Quillfire did, but there wasn't a twist with him either, unless one counts his having gotten his own Mini-Con duo, Back and Forth, but that's not really a twist since practically every Decepticon-of-the-day in Season 2 had their own Mini-Cons.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike Review (1790741)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 18th, 2016 @ 11:03pm CDT
Maybe Scatterspike was meant to be General Stockade?

Eh, that's crap and I know it.

Still though, It's gonna be interesting to see that new prime. I'm loving the Thunderclash styles on the Power Surge Primes :MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike Review (1790742)
Posted by william-james88 on May 18th, 2016 @ 11:06pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Hasbro's promoting Scatterspike at the BotCon 2016 panel was an odd one. John Warden hyped the character up as having a twist for us to look forward to in season 2, but Scatterspike never appeared in season 2. Quillfire did, but there wasn't a twist with him either, unless one counts his having gotten his own Mini-Con duo, Back and Forth, but that's not really a twist since practically every Decepticon-of-the-day in Season 2 had their own Mini-Cons.


Maybe he was referring to season 3?
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike Review (1790743)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 18th, 2016 @ 11:07pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Hasbro's promoting Scatterspike at the BotCon 2016 panel was an odd one. John Warden hyped the character up as having a twist for us to look forward to in season 2, but Scatterspike never appeared in season 2. Quillfire did, but there wasn't a twist with him either, unless one counts his having gotten his own Mini-Con duo, Back and Forth, but that's not really a twist since practically every Decepticon-of-the-day in Season 2 had their own Mini-Cons.


Maybe he was referring to season 3?
Maybe, but he definitely said "season 2".
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike Review (1790757)
Posted by Bounti76 on May 19th, 2016 @ 2:41am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Hasbro's promoting Scatterspike at the BotCon 2016 panel was an odd one. John Warden hyped the character up as having a twist for us to look forward to in season 2, but Scatterspike never appeared in season 2. Quillfire did, but there wasn't a twist with him either, unless one counts his having gotten his own Mini-Con duo, Back and Forth, but that's not really a twist since practically every Decepticon-of-the-day in Season 2 had their own Mini-Cons.


Maybe he was referring to season 3?
Maybe, but he definitely said "season 2".


Isn't season two effectively split into two parts? The first half concluded with Decpticon Island 2-parter, and the second half will debut in the fall. At least that's what I remember reading.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike Review (1790776)
Posted by william-james88 on May 19th, 2016 @ 6:37am CDT
Bounti76 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Hasbro's promoting Scatterspike at the BotCon 2016 panel was an odd one. John Warden hyped the character up as having a twist for us to look forward to in season 2, but Scatterspike never appeared in season 2. Quillfire did, but there wasn't a twist with him either, unless one counts his having gotten his own Mini-Con duo, Back and Forth, but that's not really a twist since practically every Decepticon-of-the-day in Season 2 had their own Mini-Cons.


Maybe he was referring to season 3?
Maybe, but he definitely said "season 2".


Isn't season two effectively split into two parts? The first half concluded with Decpticon Island 2-parter, and the second half will debut in the fall. At least that's what I remember reading.


Yeah we got a half season for season 2. Now if that will mean that the next half season will be called Seasons 3 instead of Season 2 part 2 is probable, but it could be that its in that second half that we will see Scatterspike and John Warden wasnt caught up on the nomenclature of the seasons. With the hype he gave it, thats what I believe is the case.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike Review (1790821)
Posted by Shuttershock on May 19th, 2016 @ 10:09am CDT
I'd really love a Thunderclash and Blot repaint of both of these.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike Review (1790990)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 19th, 2016 @ 9:25pm CDT
So is anyone else perturbed by the fact that Scatterspike clearly does not sport the appropriate head? What a piece of crap, are all the shallow 'retools' seen in the show not going to feature any changes in their toys either? Makes him looks like Quillfire fell in a bucket of paint :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike Review (1790999)
Posted by Cobotron on May 19th, 2016 @ 9:49pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote: Makes him looks like Quillfire fell in a bucket of paint :BANG_HEAD:

Well, at least he got some paint. :P :-P
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike Review (1791000)
Posted by william-james88 on May 19th, 2016 @ 9:52pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote: Makes him looks like Quillfire fell in a bucket of paint :BANG_HEAD:

Well, at least he got some paint. :P :-P


I still remain impressed that Hasbro painted the rims on that mold.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike Review (1791001)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 19th, 2016 @ 9:59pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote: Makes him looks like Quillfire fell in a bucket of paint :BANG_HEAD:

Well, at least he got some paint. :P :-P


I still remain impressed that Hasbro painted the rims on that mold.

They did :shock:

Holy *bleep* they did, shame they couldn't manage that for every figure, god knows they need it :roll:
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike Review (1791003)
Posted by Cobotron on May 19th, 2016 @ 10:11pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote: Makes him looks like Quillfire fell in a bucket of paint :BANG_HEAD:

Well, at least he got some paint. :P :-P


I still remain impressed that Hasbro painted the rims on that mold.

They did :shock:

Holy *bleep* they did, shame they couldn't manage that for every figure, god knows they need it :roll:

He is actually one figure that looks great with out a ton of paint (probably why the DID paint the rims). But, the plastic colors and the way they're disbursed around the different parts of the figure work really well. I actually am a big fan of that.
I kinds like the colors on this guy better than Quillfire. They're nice and Decepticony.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike Review (1791007)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 19th, 2016 @ 10:29pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote: Makes him looks like Quillfire fell in a bucket of paint :BANG_HEAD:

Well, at least he got some paint. :P :-P


I still remain impressed that Hasbro painted the rims on that mold.

They did :shock:

Holy *bleep* they did, shame they couldn't manage that for every figure, god knows they need it :roll:

He is actually one figure that looks great with out a ton of paint (probably why the DID paint the rims). But, the plastic colors and the way they're disbursed around the different parts of the figure work really well. I actually am a big fan of that.
I kinds like the colors on this guy better than Quillfire. They're nice and Decepticony.

They are, but I will forever notice that he has the wrong head #-o
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike Review (1791020)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 19th, 2016 @ 10:57pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:So is anyone else perturbed by the fact that Scatterspike clearly does not sport the appropriate head? What a piece of crap, are all the shallow 'retools' seen in the show not going to feature any changes in their toys either? Makes him looks like Quillfire fell in a bucket of paint :BANG_HEAD:
Image
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike Review (1791024)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 19th, 2016 @ 11:01pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:So is anyone else perturbed by the fact that Scatterspike clearly does not sport the appropriate head? What a piece of crap, are all the shallow 'retools' seen in the show not going to feature any changes in their toys either? Makes him looks like Quillfire fell in a bucket of paint :BANG_HEAD:
Image

Of course I'm serious, his head clearly doesn't look like the package art. This led me to wonder if the likes of characters I liked - like Simacore and Polarclaw - might not get any retooling if Scatterspike didn't. Or am I misunderstanding you?
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike Review (1791028)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 19th, 2016 @ 11:13pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:So is anyone else perturbed by the fact that Scatterspike clearly does not sport the appropriate head? What a piece of crap, are all the shallow 'retools' seen in the show not going to feature any changes in their toys either? Makes him looks like Quillfire fell in a bucket of paint :BANG_HEAD:
Image

Of course I'm serious, his head clearly doesn't look like the package art. This led me to wonder if the likes of characters I liked - like Simacore and Polarclaw - might not get any retooling if Scatterspike didn't. Or am I misunderstanding you?
I didn't notice the packaging until now, so the new head design seen in it escaped me. I'd/We'd already seen the toy itself long before we ever saw any packaging for it, so we knew it'd be a straight redeco from the onset. Whoever made that packaging design must've chosen to get creative with the design or didn't get the memo of the toy being a mere redeco. Either way, the guy didn't appear in the show, so it's kinda moot anyway.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike Review (1791034)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 19th, 2016 @ 11:18pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:So is anyone else perturbed by the fact that Scatterspike clearly does not sport the appropriate head? What a piece of crap, are all the shallow 'retools' seen in the show not going to feature any changes in their toys either? Makes him looks like Quillfire fell in a bucket of paint :BANG_HEAD:
Image

Of course I'm serious, his head clearly doesn't look like the package art. This led me to wonder if the likes of characters I liked - like Simacore and Polarclaw - might not get any retooling if Scatterspike didn't. Or am I misunderstanding you?
I didn't notice the packaging until now, so the new head design seen in it escaped me. I'd/We'd already seen the toy itself long before we ever saw any packaging for it, so we knew it'd be a straight redeco from the onset. Whoever made that packaging design must've chosen to get creative with the design or didn't get the memo of the toy being a mere redeco. Either way, the guy didn't appear in the show, so it's kinda moot anyway.

Really? huh, haven't watched much of season 2, and I didn't remember much of season 1 to know whether he looked like that in the show. Yeah, hope that clears all that up, and I hope the retools seen in the show get their deserved retoolings in real life :PRAY:
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike Review (1791038)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 19th, 2016 @ 11:20pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:Really? huh, haven't watched much of season 2, and I didn't remember much of season 1 to know whether he looked like that in the show. Yeah, hope that clears all that up, and I hope the retools seen in the show get their deserved retoolings in real life :PRAY:
Quillfire was in the show but not Scatterspike. Season 2's over now, so you're free to catch up (best case being via KissCartoon) before season 3 hits in the Fall.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike Review (1791042)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 19th, 2016 @ 11:27pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Really? huh, haven't watched much of season 2, and I didn't remember much of season 1 to know whether he looked like that in the show. Yeah, hope that clears all that up, and I hope the retools seen in the show get their deserved retoolings in real life :PRAY:
Quillfire was in the show but not Scatterspike. Season 2's over now, so you're free to catch up (best case being via KissCartoon) before season 3 hits in the Fall.

I thought it was being split into two halves of a season? I've got sites for catching up, I was just tired of the incessant whining from primes team and the dumb human characters, I'll probably catch up at some point, but it left a poor impression on me, so I'm in no hurry.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
Twincast / Podcast #270:
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers MPM-4 Optimus Prime - Takara Movie Masterpiece" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE # 142 MARVEL COMICS November 1993 SNAKE EYES TRANSFORMERS LOW PRINT RUN" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE # 141 MARVEL COMICS October 1993 SNAKE EYES TRANSFORMERS LOW PRINT RUN" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE # 140 MARVEL COMICS September 1993 SNAKE EYES TRANSFORMERS LOW PRINT RUN" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2013 Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Soundwave MP-02 Toys R Us US (Takara)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Earthrise Decepticon Airwave Deluxe Class War for Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "New Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-11 Ratchet" on EBAY
Buy "Super 7 Transformers Reaction 2020 Target Exclusive Gold Armor Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY