Friday, July 10th, 2015 5:36pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: carytheone   Views: 57,866

Howdy fellow Seibertronians! Target Exclusive, Robots in Disguise Collection has been spotted in Baton Rouge, LA by none other than yours truly. This six pack includes 1 step changers Sideswipe, Steeljaw, Grimlock, Underbite, Bumblebee and 3 step Optimus Prime. Optimus Prime is a new mold and has not been previously available separately.

This new Optimus Prime mold has not been seen before, but was hinted at via a Target Cartwheel promotion that can be seen here.

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Keep your browser pointed to Seibertron.com and keep hitting that refresh button for the freshest news, the most extensive galleries and the best Transformers discussion around.

Credit(s): carytheone

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise One-Step Changers Six Pack Sighted at US Retail, New Optimus Mold (1708631)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 10th, 2015 @ 9:12pm CDT
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise One-Step Changers Six Pack Sighted at US Retail, New Optimus Mold (1708638)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 10th, 2015 @ 9:26pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:One-Step Optimus Prime = Not fascinating. It's not like it's a new Voyager or Leader Class mold to get me interested.

Yup, just more uninteresting immobile garbage, now if they had revealed that hasbro were releasing the new o/p from TT, that would have been something to celebrate >:oP
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise One-Step Changers Six Pack Sighted at US Retail, New Optimus Mold (1708652)
Posted by william-james88 on July 10th, 2015 @ 10:20pm CDT
While it seemed that a small coat of All Spark Blue and a faceplate for Bumblebee was the only difference between the 3 Step Exclusive Clash of the Transformers figures and the regular release, it seems like there was more retooling involved. From the pictures below, it seems Optimus also got a whole new headsculpt and at closer look, it seems the bodies are new shells. Look at Bumblebee's legs, and Optimus's shoulders for instance. While this subline and this class may not excite anyone but the most devoted fans, it is interesting to note that these are more than just simple repaints and are actually exclusive molds for Toysrus.

3 Step Bumblebee:

3 Step Optimus:

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise One-Step Changers Six Pack Sighted at US Retail, New Optimus Mold (1709240)
Posted by King Kuuga on July 12th, 2015 @ 4:11pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:"Clash of the Transformers"

I like Burn's version better, even if it's less accurate.

Interesting to see that these Clash 3-Steps are actually unique toolings. I sincerely hope someone appreciates this.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise One-Step Changers Six Pack Sighted at US Retail, New Optimus Mold (1709260)
Posted by william-james88 on July 12th, 2015 @ 5:29pm CDT
That Bot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:"Clash of the Transformers"

I like Burn's version better, even if it's less accurate.

Yes me too. I dont know who would though since the fans dont care about these (havent met one who did yet), and I dont think parents or kids would notice anything beyond the color changes. It almost feels like a waste in a way. I wonder if the warrior figures are also as extensive in retooling as these.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise One-Step Changers Six Pack Sighted at US Retail, New Optimus Mold (1709367)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 13th, 2015 @ 12:19am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
That Bot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:"Clash of the Transformers"

I like Burn's version better, even if it's less accurate.

I care! At least about Prime. Although I think it's kinda pointless to redo that figure since the Mega scale one is out.

carytheone wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:Man, Fixit has forever ruined how I view Legion figures...
He does indeed set the bar pretty high. He is more like a nice legends figure.

I think Windblade and Drift are horribly mis-transformed. Something tells me those wings fold up more and the hood on Drift comes down. I really wish they came with weapons though.

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise One-Step Changers Six Pack Sighted at US Retail, New Optimus Mold (1709377)
Posted by carytheone on July 13th, 2015 @ 1:16am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'd be all over that one-step RID Prime, if it wasn't part of a set of figures I already have.
I'm not very familiar with the quick changers, but prime reminds me of another one I've seen. Does he share a transformation/shell with anyone? I'd find it hard to believe a unique mold would be limited to a 6 pack and a single retailer.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise One-Step Changers Six Pack Sighted at US Retail, New Optimus Mold (1709439)
Posted by carytheone on July 13th, 2015 @ 9:27am CDT
Howdy fellow Seibertronians! Got a quick update on the Robots in Disguise 1 step collection. At the time the 6 pack was spotted, there was no price in the system. It is currently marked on shelves at $49.99. I did a quick price check to verify that was correct.

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise One-Step Changers Six Pack Sighted at US Retail, New Optimus Mold (1709545)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 13th, 2015 @ 1:49pm CDT
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise One-Step Changers Six Pack Sighted at US Retail, New Optimus Mold (1709551)
Posted by william-james88 on July 13th, 2015 @ 1:59pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I like that legion Thunderhoof. I want a toy of him. Hasbro needs to show off the Warrior Megs, Hoof and Quill so I can see them. I am very interested in buying them! :BOT:

What scares me is they said in a recent interview that they had shown all the RID toys we will be getting this year and that makes very little sense to me. The only warrior class figures left to be in stores are the 2 repaints Bumblebee and Grimlock. 2 figures for the rest of the year?
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise One-Step Changers Six Pack Sighted at US Retail, New Optimus Mold (1709553)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 13th, 2015 @ 2:12pm CDT

Mega 3-Step Optimus Prime

to this:

Clash of the Transformers 3-Step Optimus Prime (Left)
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise One-Step Changers Six Pack Sighted at US Retail, New Optimus Mold (1709556)
Posted by william-james88 on July 13th, 2015 @ 2:15pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Wait, hang on a sec... Are we really getting two 3-Step Primes based on the same design? Compare this:

Mega 3-Step Optimus Prime

to this:

Clash of the Transformers 3-Step Optimus Prime (Left)

Yup! However, I keep being fascinated at the fact that the tooling is still different even if it is actually the same design. Hasbro could have retooled the Hyperchange 3-step and then upscaled it, but instead there are 3 different shells, two different classes and two different designs.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise One-Step Changers Six Pack Sighted at US Retail, New Optimus Mold (1709557)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 13th, 2015 @ 2:16pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Well, that's unfortunate, the only characters that I actually liked were mostly decepticon (worlds will burn if I don't get a satisfactorily poseable deluxe thunderhoof) but it also seems strange that they said the decepticons were going to be made, but now they say this is the rest for the yearImage
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise One-Step Changers Six Pack Sighted at US Retail, New Optimus Mold (1709558)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 13th, 2015 @ 2:17pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Mega 3-Step Optimus Prime

to this:

Clash of the Transformers 3-Step Optimus Prime (Left)

And none of them are worth owning, or being called an 'action figure' :roll:
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise One-Step Changers Six Pack Sighted at US Retail, New Optimus Mold (1709560)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 13th, 2015 @ 2:21pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:And none of them are worth...being called a 'toy' :roll:
By that logic, same goes for every toy that ever existed in the days before action figures were invented. >:oP
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise One-Step Changers Six Pack Sighted at US Retail, New Optimus Mold (1709562)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 13th, 2015 @ 2:27pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Eh, always next year. I doubt America will see the season finale before Thanksgiving comes around. It may take them that long just to finish the series. Besides: I need a break. I still need Sides and Fix, not to mention the CW guys. Plus gotta buy Christmas gifts.

On a slightly related note: also got informed my college band was invited to London for the new years parade, so gotta figure the cost of that trip! Woo-Hoo! :BOT:
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise One-Step Changers Six Pack Sighted at US Retail, New Optimus Mold (1709564)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 13th, 2015 @ 2:28pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:And none of them are worth...being called a 'toy' :roll:

Except that all those other toys are satisfactory, these are immobile hunks of plastic that kids can wave around and then get bored of.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise One-Step Changers Six Pack Sighted at US Retail, New Optimus Mold (1709565)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 13th, 2015 @ 2:30pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:And none of them are worth...being called a 'toy' :roll:

So were the majority of G1 toys and kids were plenty satisfied with them back then.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise One-Step Changers Six Pack Sighted at US Retail, New Optimus Mold (1709568)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 13th, 2015 @ 2:35pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:And none of them are worth...being called a 'toy' :roll:

lol, at least they had more points of articulation than most of these hyper change things. That and you were able to engage with the toy by transforming it yourself.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise One-Step Changers Six Pack Sighted at US Retail, New Optimus Mold (1709571)
Posted by william-james88 on July 13th, 2015 @ 2:40pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

They said decepticons are planned to be coming out eventually but that they wanted to start with the good guys first. They never gave a date for when the decepticons would arrive.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "HOTLINK Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy Siege Netflix Hasbro 2020 New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Leader Sky Lynx" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG 53 Broadside no box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Leader Class Titans Return Decepticon Overlord Action Figure toyNEW" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime Wars Trilogy Dastard & Repugnus Titans Return Amazon" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: Octone Titans Return Voyager Class Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: Blitzwing Titans Return Voyager Class Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Leader Class Six Shot & Revolver MISB" on EBAY