Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network

Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network

Tuesday, October 7th, 2014 8:31am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 31,782

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

With the restructuring of the Hub, it was unsure where Transformers: Robots in Disguise would land. An article from Variety states that Robots in Disguise would be moving to Cartoon Network. Though the article was removed, there are still traces of it online. Its summary can be found by a simple google search.

Transformers News: Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network

Credit(s): Variety, Google News


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network (1611507)
Posted by Superwheeljack on October 7th, 2014 @ 8:39am CDT
6 AM, here we come...
At this point Hasbro should just sell all interest it has in Discovery Family and just move on. What's the use of the channel now?
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network (1611513)
Posted by rpetras on October 7th, 2014 @ 8:49am CDT
Oh great, they will play 3 episodes repeated ad-nauseum for 4 months, move the time to 4 AM Sunday mornings before dropping new episodes, then wonder why the show has lousy ratings.

:roll:
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network (1611515)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 7th, 2014 @ 8:52am CDT
Image
Image
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network (1611518)
Posted by ScottyP on October 7th, 2014 @ 8:57am CDT
My DVR just shrugged.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network (1611519)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on October 7th, 2014 @ 9:04am CDT
You guys all hit it right on the head so no need for me to repeat it. So much for that show...it's toast.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network (1611520)
Posted by Gallifreyan Autobot on October 7th, 2014 @ 9:07am CDT
Um... (realizes that I made a comment suggesting the move in a different post) :shock: :BANG_HEAD: I am speechless
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network (1611522)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 7th, 2014 @ 9:08am CDT
Cobalt Prime wrote:You guys all hit it right on the head so no need for me to repeat it. So much for that show...it's toast.
Unless the rumors aren't true and it stays on Hasbro's block on Discovery Family.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network (1611524)
Posted by Superwheeljack on October 7th, 2014 @ 9:12am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Cobalt Prime wrote:You guys all hit it right on the head so no need for me to repeat it. So much for that show...it's toast.
Unless the rumors aren't true and it stays on Hasbro's block on Discovery Family.

What would that do? Barely any kids are able to watch TV during the day (school...). That would be just as bad.
Of course moving the show to Cartoon Network was a foolish choice and they're going to pay for it.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network (1611528)
Posted by Fox Thiagarajan on October 7th, 2014 @ 9:20am CDT
I remember how poorly Thundercats was handled on CN. I can only hope this show will last.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network (1611530)
Posted by william-james88 on October 7th, 2014 @ 9:26am CDT
Can you guys tell me why moving to cartoon network would be such a bad thing?
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network (1611533)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 7th, 2014 @ 9:28am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Can you guys tell me why moving to cartoon network would be such a bad thing?
Every TF series they've aired was poorly handled and treated like a red-headed stepchild.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network (1611538)
Posted by Nerdimus Maximus on October 7th, 2014 @ 9:37am CDT
It may end up on Cartoon Network, But with the recent news that
DISNEY has just signed a deal with HASBRO to produce its new MARVEL
Toys and has renewed a deal also with HASBRO to continue making Star Wars
toys... Transformers series may now be shown on DISNEY XD instead of Cartoon Network... The Mouse House has been interested in buying HASBRO in the past anyway, so it might make sense to keep any new TF title on a Disney owned network.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network (1611545)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 7th, 2014 @ 9:48am CDT
Nerdimus Maximus wrote:It may end up on Cartoon Network, But with the recent news that
DISNEY has just signed a deal with HASBRO to produce its new MARVEL
Toys and has renewed a deal also with HASBRO to continue making Star Wars
toys... Transformers series may now be shown on DISNEY XD instead of Cartoon Network... The Mouse House has been interested in buying HASBRO in the past anyway, so it might make sense to keep any new TF title on a Disney owned network.
That is not how toy-only partnerships work.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network (1611550)
Posted by Superwheeljack on October 7th, 2014 @ 9:52am CDT
Here's the supposed article: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... 4/&strip=1
Hasbro Transformers: Robots in Disguise to October 6, 2014 | 03:03PM PT
Marc Graser

Senior Editor @marcgraser
Hasbro Studios’ upcoming animated series “Transformers: Robots in Disguise” has a new home — actually the “Transformers” franchise’s first TV home — Cartoon Network.

The series had originally been set to debut on Discovery Family, formerly The Hub, in spring 2015, but Hasbro Studios recently made the switch to Cartoon Network in order to better target the toy line’s core audience, boys.

The Hub’s daytime programming lineup had mostly attracted a younger girl and family audience, especially to hit shows based on “My Little Pony.”

Cartoon Network, on the other hand, is regularly tops with boys ages 6-11 and 9-14, who tend to buy the “Transformers” action figures.

“We felt it was incumbent on us to take advantage of the opportunity to put it on a top rated network that performed well with boys,” Stephen Davis, president of Hasbro Studios and global entertainment & licensing for Hasbro, Inc told Variety.

SEE ALSO: Hasbro to Launch ‘Transformers: Robots in Disguise’ Show in Spring 2015 (EXCLUSIVE)
“Transformers: Robots in Disguise” features the voices of Darren Criss (“Glee”), Constance Zimmer (“House of Cards”), Mitchell Whitfield (“TMNT”) and Ted McGinley (“Married with Children”), as well as a new brighter look for the robots and storyline that amps up the humor.

“We have spent a lot of time listening to what kids like about Transformers and they haven’t been shy about giving us their opinions, and we have listened,” Davis said. “‘Robots in Disguise’ is reflective all that we have learned in our conversations with kids.”

In the show, Bumblebee must step up to be a leader of the Autobots after “Transformers Prime” and save Earth from a new faction of Decepticons.

Davis stressed that the toymaker was still “110% committed to the success of Discovery Family. It’s in no way a reflection of our committment to the network.”

Hasbro has had a long relationship with Cartoon Network, the home of the toymaker’s “Beyblade” series. It also aired the original “Transformers” TV series 30 years ago.

Since 2010, all of Hasbro’s original “Transformers” series have debuted on The Hub kids cable network. The channel made the switch to Discovery Family last week.

SEE ALSO: Shift in Kids' TV Watching Habits Drives Big Changes to Discovery-Hasbro Partnership
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network (1611552)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 7th, 2014 @ 9:59am CDT
Superwheeljack wrote:
It also aired the original “Transformers” TV series 30 years ago.
Cartoon Network didn't even exist 30 years ago.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network (1611554)
Posted by Superwheeljack on October 7th, 2014 @ 10:00am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Superwheeljack wrote:
It also aired the original “Transformers” TV series 30 years ago.
Cartoon Network didn't even exist 30 years ago.

That's what I'm confused about. I have my doubts about this being a legitimate source.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network (1611555)
Posted by Superwheeljack on October 7th, 2014 @ 10:00am CDT
Double post
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network (1611560)
Posted by william-james88 on October 7th, 2014 @ 10:15am CDT
Yeah, this is very weird. But the again, Variety could have delted it because of those mistakes. What I find most odd is how dumb and discriminative the execs look by stating that this is "for boys" everywhere in the article. Then again, anyone following the quotes pulled from execs when they described reasons for pulling Young Justice would see this as the usual. Still, it just doesnt seem to make any sense.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network (1611561)
Posted by dreadwing95 on October 7th, 2014 @ 10:17am CDT
Superwheeljack wrote:Here's the supposed article: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... 4/&strip=1
Hasbro Transformers: Robots in Disguise to October 6, 2014 | 03:03PM PT
Marc Graser

Senior Editor @marcgraser
Hasbro Studios’ upcoming animated series “Transformers: Robots in Disguise” has a new home - actually the “Transformers” franchise’s first TV home - Cartoon Network.

The series had originally been set to debut on Discovery Family, formerly The Hub, in spring 2015, but Hasbro Studios recently made the switch to Cartoon Network in order to better target the toy line’s core audience, boys.

The Hub’s daytime programming lineup had mostly attracted a younger girl and family audience, especially to hit shows based on “My Little Pony."

Cartoon Network, on the other hand, is regularly tops with boys ages 6-11 and 9-14, who tend to buy the “Transformers” action figures.

“We felt it was incumbent on us to take advantage of the opportunity to put it on a top rated network that performed well with boys," Stephen Davis, president of Hasbro Studios and global entertainment & licensing for Hasbro, Inc told Variety.

SEE ALSO: Hasbro to Launch ‘Transformers: Robots in Disguise’ Show in Spring 2015 (EXCLUSIVE)
“Transformers: Robots in Disguise” features the voices of Darren Criss (“Glee”), Constance Zimmer (“House of Cards”), Mitchell Whitfield (“TMNT”) and Ted McGinley (“Married with Children”), as well as a new brighter look for the robots and storyline that amps up the humor.

“We have spent a lot of time listening to what kids like about Transformers and they haven’t been shy about giving us their opinions, and we have listened," Davis said. "‘Robots in Disguise’ is reflective all that we have learned in our conversations with kids."

In the show, Bumblebee must step up to be a leader of the Autobots after “Transformers Prime” and save Earth from a new faction of Decepticons.

Davis stressed that the toymaker was still “110% committed to the success of Discovery Family. It’s in no way a reflection of our committment to the network."

Hasbro has had a long relationship with Cartoon Network, the home of the toymaker’s “Beyblade” series. It also aired the original “Transformers” TV series 30 years ago.

Since 2010, all of Hasbro’s original “Transformers” series have debuted on The Hub kids cable network. The channel made the switch to Discovery Family last week.

SEE ALSO: Shift in Kids' TV Watching Habits Drives Big Changes to Discovery-Hasbro Partnership

thats what i thought. TOYS. thats why cartoon network canceled every good show that graced the television screen lately. because toys didnt sell well. thundercats, young justice, green lantern, beware the batman. all gone because there toys didnt sell. i fear for this show if its good
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise possibly moving to Cartoon Network (1611562)
Posted by themidnightdoctor on October 7th, 2014 @ 10:17am CDT
Cartoon Network has a terrible track record when it comes to any branded shows even those owned by their parent company.Maybe they should bring back some kind of action block and run it for 2 hours once a week.That way they can run Transformers with whatever new Batman cartoon they dream up.I'm sure they'll still be able to sell their gogurt and whichever mail order pillow gimmick they have running at the time.Heck why not run a couple commercials for whatever toyline the cartoon was made to sell?

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #292 - Planet of Junk
Twincast / Podcast #292:
"Planet of Junk"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, January 18th, 2022

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise RID Sideswipe Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Stomp And Chomp 20" Grimlock Dinosaur Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct-Bots AOE Dinofire Grimlock & Optimus Prime NIB" on EBAY
Buy "2015 TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE 30TH PLATINUM EDITION ONE SHALL STAND ONE SHALL FALL" on EBAY
Buy "New Playskool Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Mr. Potato Head - Bumble Spud" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Roar and Rescue Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 15BB Buzzworthy Bumblebee Hasbro Studio Series Sealed/New In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Mini Mixable Mashable Transformers Hightide Loose Figure nice" on EBAY