Transformers News: Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Heroes Sideswipe and Bumblebee New Official Images

Thursday, April 21st, 2016 9:26AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 23,935

Thanks to a new Big Bad Toy Store Listing we have official images of the upcoming Robots in Disguise Power Heroes Bumblebee and Sideswipe! These 2 figures are larger, simplified figures that transform in 3 steps and include little Mini-con partners that act as a weapon or as chest minionarmor. The listing can be found by following the link above and the official images have been mirrored below for your enjoyment. Check them out, and let us know what you think in the comments section. And as always stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your latest Transformers News and Galleries.

Credit(s): Big Bad Toy Store
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Heroes Sideswipe and Bumblebee New Official Images (1783253)
Posted by Kyleor on April 21st, 2016 @ 11:01am CDT
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Heroes Sideswipe and Bumblebee New Official Images (1783257)
Posted by Microraptor on April 21st, 2016 @ 11:09am CDT
On the bright side,they seem to have decent articulation. Can't really tell if that applies to the legs, but certainly to the arms!
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Heroes Sideswipe and Bumblebee New Official Images (1783259)
Posted by william-james88 on April 21st, 2016 @ 11:22am CDT
Kyleor wrote:I wonder how much shelfwarming those 'Power Surge' figures are going to do. It seems like the other figures that size/quality level did a lot already.

I dont know about you but I cant find a single 3 step Grimlock or Optimus (in original colours) at any store. This lets me know that these will sell just fine, just like everything else.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Heroes Sideswipe and Bumblebee New Official Images (1783293)
Posted by Optimizzy on April 21st, 2016 @ 1:45pm CDT
my problem is that my local walmart will order several cases of these guys and then one case of deluxes and act like they dont sell.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Heroes Sideswipe and Bumblebee New Official Images (1783585)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 22nd, 2016 @ 3:35pm CDT
Alright, now allow me a few moments to utterly gush. Actually, we'll start with Quillfire first. He is a fun little dude! I love how stocky he is, all his quills, and he is very unique! good articulation, good altmode, and even a fun monster truck mode!

Now for gushing: I love Thunderhoof. He is my favorite character from the show, so I am biased, but he is a great figure! His alt mode is an awesome blue combine and it literally shows no robot mode parts save the head, but that makes it fun! His transformation is very involved for being so simple and he pulls off one of the greatest robot modes of the line. He has no backpack, no kibble. instead, he has huge beefy arms making him look like the strong brute he is. His antler, oh the antlers. YES!! Finally a mold gets it right! and his legs are long and have great hooves. He is extremely dynamic and is in my opinion the best con we have gotten from the line, just barely beating Fracture. paint is in there, but overall it's where it really needs to be. And his gun stores in both modes and he's just a badass!

so, some pictures:

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Heroes Sideswipe and Bumblebee New Official Images (1783586)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 22nd, 2016 @ 3:38pm CDT
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Heroes Sideswipe and Bumblebee New Official Images (1783587)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 22nd, 2016 @ 3:41pm CDT
But they also don't look bad. The scheme still works and while Takara does have more paint, this one works very well on its own. :MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Heroes Sideswipe and Bumblebee New Official Images (1783589)
Posted by william-james88 on April 22nd, 2016 @ 3:58pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Oh dear. After having seen so many looks at the Takara versions of Quillfire and Thunderhoof, those colors on the Hasbro ones look downright gaudy by comparison (Thunderhoof's antlers/fork should be blue, not black!).

Its KILLING me too! I saw Thunderhoof at the store today and I could have gotten him, but at the same time I was thinking about waiting to find the Takara version at a decent price. Him being such a good mold, does it make up for the paint scheme, or does it thus eserve a better one. Oh decisions!

Quillfire is not bad at all though. Especially in robot mode, the Hasbro coours work fine and have a decent variety.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Heroes Sideswipe and Bumblebee New Official Images (1783595)
Posted by william-james88 on April 22nd, 2016 @ 4:25pm CDT
I want this 4 pack NOW!

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Heroes Sideswipe and Bumblebee New Official Images (1783606)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 22nd, 2016 @ 5:05pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:I want this 4 pack NOW!

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Heroes Sideswipe and Bumblebee New Official Images (1783615)
Posted by william-james88 on April 22nd, 2016 @ 5:25pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Don't worry Will. With the minicon pack luck around my area I doubt it will be long before we see them! Though I still need to find the wave 3 minicons... :MAXIMAL:

I know this will sound mean but I dont mind if my area skips wave 3. I really want those minicon weapons. I wouldnt mind if wave 3 and 4 come out at the same time like waves 1 and 2 did though.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Heroes Sideswipe and Bumblebee New Official Images (1783617)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 22nd, 2016 @ 5:31pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Yeah, I want to get to the weapons too, but I do want several of the wave 3 and 4 guys, like Ransack, Jetstorm, and others :MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Heroes Sideswipe and Bumblebee New Official Images (1784468)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 27th, 2016 @ 12:04am CDT
Thanks to Entertainment Earth we have a look at the new stock images of the upcoming Power Surge Optimus Prime! Power Surge Prime is about leader class sized and is set to be released in June of this year according to the listing. The listing showed off an image with his stock photos, which included the powered up robot mode, vehicle mode, him in his packaging, his little minicon partner Aerobolt and, for some reason. his cab separate from the rest of the vehicle, perhaps suggesting a separating cab feature? Either way, we have mirrored the image below for your enjoyment. Check it out, and let us know what you think in the comments section below. And as always stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your latest Transformers News and Galleries!

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Heroes Sideswipe and Bumblebee New Official Images (1784489)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on April 27th, 2016 @ 5:54am CDT
The truck mode looks awful... :SICK:
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Heroes Sideswipe and Bumblebee New Official Images (1784494)
Posted by william-james88 on April 27th, 2016 @ 7:31am CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:The truck mode looks awful... :SICK:

I cant believe the truck cab is partforming, this is beyond simplification. Its just giving up.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Heroes Sideswipe and Bumblebee New Official Images (1784501)
Posted by Cobotron on April 27th, 2016 @ 8:40am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:The truck mode looks awful... :SICK:

Makes you wonder why they wouldn't just domesticate Supreme Mode Prime from Takara. :-?
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Heroes Sideswipe and Bumblebee New Official Images (1784502)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 27th, 2016 @ 8:44am CDT
Cobotron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:The truck mode looks awful... :SICK:

Maybe he looks like this in season 3 and the Takara mold was just too different to remold into resembling this form.

Or, the Takara mold is just too complex for/too far outside the range of difficulty for this line's target audience. After all, Hasbro's current mindset for its mass retail lines seems to be "keep things simple".
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Heroes Sideswipe and Bumblebee New Official Images (1784507)
Posted by Cobotron on April 27th, 2016 @ 9:01am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:The truck mode looks awful... :SICK:

True. Burrito Supreme is pretty complex relative to the rest of the line, and ya this is obviously a new iteration of OP.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Heroes Sideswipe and Bumblebee New Official Images (1784511)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 27th, 2016 @ 9:06am CDT
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Heroes Sideswipe and Bumblebee New Official Images (1784512)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 27th, 2016 @ 9:07am CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:I would like to know why the cab is separate. after botcon and other shows, I didn't get the impression it was partsforming :MAXIMAL:
I'm hoping it can at least reattach to his back in robot mode or something.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "Transformers G2 Motormouth Generation 2 GO-BOTS SEALED ON CARD MOC MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Motormouth Vintage Transformers Generation 2 G2 Go-Bots MOC Figure Car 1994 New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Mirage Generation 2 GO-BOTS SEALED ON CARD MOC MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Megatron Generation 2 GO-BOTS SEALED ON CARD MOC MOSC " on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers vehicle MECHTECH Bumblebee w/ Sam Witwicky figure & Backfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters BLOWPIPE Hasbro NEW WFC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations legends BOMBSHELL - 100% complete + extras" on EBAY
Buy "Hun-Gurrr - Blot - Cutthroat - Sinnertwin Vintage Figs Abominus G1 Transformers" on EBAY