Transformers Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee Sighted at US Retail

Transformers News: Transformers Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee Sighted at US Retail

Friday, May 22nd, 2015 12:17PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 34,847

While we've seen in-hand images of the Transformers: Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee from Hong Kong, our first US sighting comes from a Toys'R'Us store in Baton Rouge, LA (and via fellow Seibertronian carytheone)!

Check out the photo proof for the giant three-step toy below, priced at around $50, and make sure to flag it up in our Sightings section and forums to help out other collectors if you come across one yourself!

Credit(s): carytheone
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee Sighted at US Retail (1688970)
Posted by MrBlack on May 22nd, 2015 @ 12:39pm CDT
That face has dull surprise written all over it.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee Sighted at US Retail (1688972)
Posted by william-james88 on May 22nd, 2015 @ 12:44pm CDT
MrBlack wrote:That face has dull surprise written all over it.

Pat Lee is the KING of dull surprise:

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee Sighted at US Retail (1688982)
Posted by carytheone on May 22nd, 2015 @ 12:53pm CDT
MrBlack wrote:That face has dull surprise written all over it.

He's got that meh face. The face is surprisingly detailed. I didn't really give him a good look until I saw the picture posted here. I activated the noise button pulling him out of the box and it caught me off guard.

Look at his tiny little hand holes. Is he supposed to hold deluxe scaled weapons? :-?
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee Sighted at US Retail (1688988)
Posted by MrBlack on May 22nd, 2015 @ 12:56pm CDT
carytheone wrote:
MrBlack wrote:That face has dull surprise written all over it.

The big Rescue Bots Optimus Prime has 5mm pegs in his hands as well.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee Sighted at US Retail (1689011)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 22nd, 2015 @ 1:44pm CDT
MrBlack wrote:
carytheone wrote:
MrBlack wrote:That face has dull surprise written all over it.

The big Rescue Bots Optimus Prime has 5mm pegs in his hands as well.
Yeah, the 5mm compatibility help enhance play value by allowing this or any 5mm compatible figure to hold just about any Transformers weapon accessory in this day and age. 8)
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee Sighted at US Retail (1689014)
Posted by carytheone on May 22nd, 2015 @ 1:47pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
MrBlack wrote:
carytheone wrote:
MrBlack wrote:That face has dull surprise written all over it.

The big Rescue Bots Optimus Prime has 5mm pegs in his hands as well.

Ah, kinda like leader class Megatron ;-)
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee Sighted at US Retail (1689015)
Posted by AutobotAlvaron on May 22nd, 2015 @ 1:48pm CDT
YouTube Reviewer, MitchSantona, has this up already. Bumblebee is a typical young-dude leader, with catchphrases, car-revving noises, & a short rock-TF-theme, light-up eyes/forehead crest, & only shoulder rotation for articulation. He's a huge, cheaply-made, unnecessarily expensive, hollow, mess, that some people will just love.

I myself would never buy this, especially at full price, but as someone who bought super-sized Playskool Rescue Heroes Epic Optimus Prime (at clearance for $9.00, to display my Bot-Shots,G1 Robot Heroes, & Kre-Ons) I can't totally hate this. But sheesh, for it to not even have Legends-level articulation for $50?
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee Sighted at US Retail (1689042)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 22nd, 2015 @ 2:55pm CDT
That bee will blow the minds of young kids everywhere!
...
It will be a bloodbath. :twisted:
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee Sighted at US Retail (1689044)
Posted by carytheone on May 22nd, 2015 @ 3:01pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:That bee will blow the minds of young kids everywhere!
...
It will be a bloodbath. :twisted:

You may be right. I watched Mitch's review and was impressed with the amount of paint apps. Super Bee is not my thing, but the size strangely draws me to it.

Like maybe make an ottoman from him or something.

This could be the new 1 step lifestyle transformers line. For the transformer loving college student in your life!
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee Sighted at US Retail (1689056)
Posted by BlueBefore on May 22nd, 2015 @ 3:33pm CDT
MrBlack wrote:The big Rescue Bots Optimus Prime has 5mm pegs in his hands as well.
To be fair he has them on the back of his hands as well which he can use to hold guns in a less silly fashion. I like to use Combiner Wars Prime's guns with him.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee Sighted at US Retail (1689058)
Posted by BlueBefore on May 22nd, 2015 @ 3:35pm CDT
carytheone wrote:I watched Mitch's review and was impressed with the amount of paint apps. Super Bee is not my thing, but the size strangely draws me to it.

I wonder how many figures you could stuff inside of his vehicle mode.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee Sighted at US Retail (1689065)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 22nd, 2015 @ 3:40pm CDT
carytheone wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:That bee will blow the minds of young kids everywhere!
...
It will be a bloodbath. :twisted:

Like maybe make an ottoman from him or something.

Lol, I'd buy! and I'm the right age group too! :lol: :BOT:
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee Sighted at US Retail (1689069)
Posted by carytheone on May 22nd, 2015 @ 3:43pm CDT
BlueBefore wrote:

I wonder how many figures you could stuff inside of his vehicle mode.

Holy crap! You're right! Maybe he is a troop carrier. Other than Metroplex, how often do we get those?
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee Sighted at US Retail (1689222)
Posted by LegendaryAntiHero on May 22nd, 2015 @ 6:57pm CDT
I think this Bumblebee is meant to fit in with oversized figures made in different lines/companies. They should still give Bee some decent shoulders and elbows at least
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee Sighted at US Retail (1689391)
Posted by Va'al on May 23rd, 2015 @ 6:27am CDT
Courtesy of Seibertronian chuckdawg1999 we have another video review for the latest Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior class wave: Sideswipe, the teenage swordsbot! Check out the video embedded below for the wavemate of Jazz, and find out your fellow collector's thoughts on the toy - does it pass the bar?

Well, Hasbro can't win them all. Sideswipe has a great looking car mode, two tone paint and all, unfortunately that's where the compliments end. While the transformation is interesting, a flaw in the design prevents the torso from coming together properly and staying together, making posing the upper half of the figure impossible. Perhaps the inevitable repaint will somehow magically stay together, but I'm not holding out hope.

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee Sighted at US Retail (1689404)
Posted by carytheone on May 23rd, 2015 @ 8:05am CDT
That's a real shame about Sideswipe, I was really jazzed for this wave. I still feel that Sideswipe looks good in alt mode. It really is a very cool looking car with some neat vent like detailing on the rear. To me the whole line looks good in alt mode. Maybe I can pick him up on sale?
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee Sighted at US Retail (1689409)
Posted by Primeultimus on May 23rd, 2015 @ 8:22am CDT
Yeah I do not like the arms or upper area around the head.

I also found the legs a pain in the butt to transform and figure out.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee Sighted at US Retail (1689417)
Posted by EagleBot13 on May 23rd, 2015 @ 9:27am CDT
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee Sighted at US Retail (1689431)
Posted by StryderPrime on May 23rd, 2015 @ 10:52am CDT
EagleBot13 wrote:I'm willing to bet he doesn't have him transformed right, considering Hasbro's instructions for the warriors suck. I'll bet there is more to those panels that fold into his back.

I really wish it was the case. The problem with Sideswipe is that the plastic use for his shoulders are very soft so when you attach it to the chest...it will pop off as soon as you touch it. If you have RID Drift, imagine the plastic use for Drift sword but softer and that how some of the plastic feels on Sideswipe. Also, in alt mode, his chest piece drags on the ground so u can't even roll him either smh. He jus feels like a toy I got from the dollar store. Highly disappointed with him.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Super Bumblebee Sighted at US Retail (1689456)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 23rd, 2015 @ 12:16pm CDT

I was thinking about that so I made sure to go over the figure carefully. Things do peg together but they don't hold. Also those panels next to the head have to be there, rotating them down really pushes the arms out, and up locks the shoulders.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #222 - The Real Ghostbusters
"The Real Ghostbusters"
Posted: Sunday, May 12th, 2019

Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rock Garage Rescue Bots Fireman Fireplug CHOP" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots - Arctic Boulder & Bumblebee Rock Team" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G2 MEGATRON WITH BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 2 Manta Ray (Hasbro 1994) Ultra Rare Brand New on Card" on EBAY
Buy "SWINDLE Transformers Fall of Cybertron Unopened/Sealed USA Seller" on EBAY
Buy "VORTEX Transformers Fall of Cybertron Unopened/Sealed USA Seller" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS FALL CYBERTRON VOYAGER CLASS BLASTER STEELJAW EJECT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall of Cybertron SOUNDBLASTER & BLASTER & Cassettes Excellent FOC" on EBAY