Thursday, December 31st, 2015 4:03am CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 80,520

Have a smaller robot fan in your life, or are interested in all Trasformers fiction tying in to the Robots in Disguise animated series? Barnes and Nobles shows a listing for a Little, Brown Young Reader book taking place during Optimus Prime's training in the Realm of the Primes, written by John Sazaklis and due out next week - find out more below, and head here to check it out, along with the rest of the series!

Overview

On Earth, Bumblebee and his team of Autobots—Sideswipe, Strongarm, Grimlock, and Fixit—battle some of Cybertron's most dangerous Decepticons. In the Realm of the Primes, Optimus is training for an important mission. Little do the two friends know, they are both being tested by Liege Maximo, who will stop at nothing to make sure Optimus and Bumblebee destroy each other. Will they be able to defeat their sinister opponent, or will this be the end of the Autobots?

The fourth chapter book in an exciting original series! Each book is an original story based on the hit series. Also, includes 2 amazing trading cards!

© 2016 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots In Disguise - The Trials of Optimus Prime Young Reader Book

Credit(s): Barnes and Nobles

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise - The Trials of Optimus Prime Young Reader Book (1751240)
Posted by Madeus Prime on December 31st, 2015 @ 12:14pm CST
Va'al wrote:Little do the two friends know, they are both being tested by Liege Maximo, who will stop at nothing to make sure Optimus and Bumblebee destroy each other.

Hm. I'd hope this isn't an insertion to make the book's plot more interesting. It would be a good plot twist to have Liege in there, especially if this whole thing is one big master plan.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise - The Trials of Optimus Prime Young Reader Book (1751252)
Posted by psj333 on December 31st, 2015 @ 1:55pm CST
You know, Va'al? You might already know that. But you don't know this:

Happy New Year! - It's 2016! (for those who live in Australia and New Zealand) - Here's what you can expect in 2016 that's TF Related:

2nd and Final Season of Transformers: Robots In Disguise
This year also marks the final season for Transformers Robots In Disguise - It comes from earlier on in 2015 that Hasbro has decided to cut short the Show's episodes resulting in the complete loss of Season 3 and the loss of Half of Season 2 - Regardless of that - We can confirm that it's believed the main villain for Season 2 will be "Liege Maximo" - Another "Evil" Prime who has the intentions of turning Bumblebee and Optimus Prime against each other - It's also been heavily rumoured that Prowl, Ultra Magnus, Bulkhead, Ratchet, Arcee and Jazz will feature heavily in Season 2 - Along with the slim possibility (Take it as a grain of salt) of Megatron, Shockwave and Starscream also possibly returning - As far as we know Megatronus Prime has no more appearances in the series (As far as we know) - We can also confirm there's going to be a lot more Minicons in Season 2 and they'll factor heavily into what will eventually happen - Season 2 is expected to premiere sometime in February this year

And that's all we have so far - Stay Tuned for more Info!
(Reminder that the Chinese Dubbed Version of TFRID15 also debuted on December 31st 2014 - Keep in mind there's a 50/50 chance that may very well happen again as Season 2 approaches - I shall keep you posted as the updates and news come in) - For the meantime - Please enjoy the 2016 celebrations - I wish you the best for a happy and Logical 2016.

http://www.facebook.com/LogicalFTW :BOT: :CON:
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise - The Trials of Optimus Prime Young Reader Book (1751254)
Posted by Madeus Prime on December 31st, 2015 @ 2:15pm CST
psj333 wrote:You know, Va'al? You might already know that. But you don't know this:

I don't know if that's an official outlet psj, just sayin'. And it really does state pretty much everything we already knew about season 2, this book just completed the last piece of the puzzle.

Also, without trying to sound like a mod, you should probably submit stuff like that via Seibertron's new submission system ;)
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise - The Trials of Optimus Prime Young Reader Book (1751283)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 31st, 2015 @ 6:24pm CST
psj333 wrote:This was recently posted by Shockwave from Facebook. If you don't believe me, have a look at this by clicking here:

http://www.facebook.com/LogicalFTW :BOT: :CON:
You mean it was posted by some fan who made their own Shockwave Facebook page for fun. That isn't an official source associated with Hasbro in any way.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise - The Trials of Optimus Prime Young Reader Book (1751424)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 1st, 2016 @ 4:01pm CST
I find it funny that post was made up following that Optimus book involving the Liege. I really wouldn't take much stock in it.

and while Steeljaw definitely has the capacity to be a tyrant, I cannot really say he is one until he actually does make some progress here. He lost his army, and he really hasn't done a lot for himself. Hasn't gained any ground and if anything his army still hasn't exceeded single digits. As a final note: if Season 2 is supposed to truly be the final season with 19 episodes, I don't really see how they could make a huge prison break. 19 or so episodes for that seems a bit excessive.

Also: Interesting that facebook blurb uses Prowl instead of Smokescreen, no Wheeljack, and wasn't there an interview or something posted a while back about how Shockwave was supposed to die and Starscream was dead? :BOT:
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise - The Trials of Optimus Prime Young Reader Book (1751453)
Posted by psj333 on January 1st, 2016 @ 5:30pm CST
Sure, D-Maxmius_Prime. Steeljaw might have lost his army, however he will most likely recreate it in Season 2, should there is enough episodes. Also, will there be more Shifters introduced to in Season besides Pseudo? There's got to be more than one. Since Shifters look like other Cybertronians, are they all made of liquid metal like T-1000, or there are many different types of Shifters? :CON:
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise - The Trials of Optimus Prime Young Reader Book (1751457)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 1st, 2016 @ 5:53pm CST
Psj, I have no doubt steeljaw will recreate his pack, I just doubt a full blown all cons out of the cage break. Maybe some new, maybe some are sprung. As for shifters, no one knows. We know practically zilch about season 2 other than it exists. We just have to wait. Cartoon network did it no favors with the time slot either :BOT:
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise - The Trials of Optimus Prime Young Reader Book (1751469)
Posted by psj333 on January 1st, 2016 @ 6:54pm CST
Sure, no one knows for sure, D-Maximus_Prime. But you have to realize that in order for show to be successful both new and old characters must appear in the following season. It's not like only new characters introduced and old characters left out and locked up for good. That's not the way it works. Filch is yet to show her human form. Malador, Nightstrike, and Pseudo are still yet to show their true alt-modes should they are successfully freed or escaped. If they truly do re-reappear in Season 2, perhaps their alt-modes will further the storyline even further. Steeljaw will eventually free those guys, since he will never quit. The question still remain is: when? :CON:
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise - The Trials of Optimus Prime Young Reader Book (1751602)
Posted by Madeus Prime on January 2nd, 2016 @ 10:40am CST
psj333 wrote:But you have to realize that in order for show to be successful both new and old characters must appear in the following season.

It doesn't have to be successful, it's the last season, all they are doing is wrapping up some plot threads and selling a few more toys/repaints.

psj333 wrote: It's not like only new characters introduced and old characters left out and locked up for good. That's not the way it works.

psj333 wrote:Filch is yet to show her human form. Malador, Nightstrike, and Pseudo are still yet to show their true alt-modes should they are successfully freed or escaped.

I'm sorry, but I gotta ask, what is it with you and character's alternate modes?? It doesn't make or break a character if we don't see what they turn into!

psj333 wrote:If they truly do re-reappear in Season 2, perhaps their alt-modes will further the storyline even further.

Alternate modes don't do anything for storylines. Literally, they don't do anything to affect the plot.

psj333 wrote:Steeljaw will eventually free those guys, since he will never quit. The question still remain is: when?

And we won't know anything until the season comes out psj, we do not have the answers for ya'.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise - The Trials of Optimus Prime Young Reader Book (1751607)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 2nd, 2016 @ 10:46am CST
Madeus Prime wrote:it's the last season,
[citation needed]
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise - The Trials of Optimus Prime Young Reader Book (1751617)
Posted by psj333 on January 2nd, 2016 @ 11:48am CST
[quote=Madeus_Prime]Well, yeah, it kinda does. That's pretty much every episode of Power Rangers, monster of the week shows up, get's beaten/captured and we never ever see it again. Chances are, despite your continued insistence, that probably few to none of the Decepticons caught in Season 1 will show up again. Might they show up in a big prison break or final battle? Yeah, maybe. But they won't talk or do anything but grunt and fight, it's too expensive to hire back all of voice actors.[/quote]

Why, sure. I would definitely love to see these Cons have a big prison break and engage in a huge battle between Autobot and Decepticon forces in Season 2. That would be great! Turn off the cops-and-robbers storyline and bring the war on. Then, have these criminals re-arrested and put them in prison again. Don`t get me wrong. I do love this show very much until now. I just feel that this entire cops-and-robbers storyline needs to stop for a while. :BOT: :CON:
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise - The Trials of Optimus Prime Young Reader Book (1751618)
Posted by psj333 on January 2nd, 2016 @ 11:50am CST
Madeus_Prime wrote:Well, yeah, it kinda does. That's pretty much every episode of Power Rangers, monster of the week shows up, get's beaten/captured and we never ever see it again. Chances are, despite your continued insistence, that probably few to none of the Decepticons caught in Season 1 will show up again. Might they show up in a big prison break or final battle? Yeah, maybe. But they won't talk or do anything but grunt and fight, it's too expensive to hire back all of voice actors.

Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise - The Trials of Optimus Prime Young Reader Book (1751736)
Posted by Madeus Prime on January 3rd, 2016 @ 9:37am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Madeus Prime wrote:it's the last season,
[citation needed]

A while back that Hasbro had confirmed RID would only have this season and then call it quits.

psj333 wrote:Why, sure. I would definitely love to see these Cons have a big prison break and engage in a huge battle between Autobot and Decepticon forces in Season 2. That would be great! Turn off the cops-and-robbers storyline and bring the war on. Then, have these criminals re-arrested and put them in prison again. Don`t get me wrong. I do love this show very much until now. I just feel that this entire cops-and-robbers storyline needs to stop for a while.

Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise - The Trials of Optimus Prime Young Reader Book (1751742)
Posted by psj333 on January 3rd, 2016 @ 10:04am CST
Madeus Prime wrote:Finally we can agree on something. My only comment is that it's unlikely we're going to see any sort of reappearance or development of the Decepticons that have been captured before such time, short of maybe some that are popular or have a definite personality that would bring value to bringing them back (Springload, Vertebreak, ect.).

Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise - The Trials of Optimus Prime Young Reader Book (1751749)
Posted by Madeus Prime on January 3rd, 2016 @ 10:41am CST
psj333 wrote:That may be true. But in case that you have missed it, Springload and Quillfire did re-appeared in Season 1. So, I'm pretty sure that should they re-appeared in Season 1, then perhaps that Vertebreak and many others will do the same thing as well for Season 2. But until then, we'll see about that when Season 2 hits this February or perhaps even earlier. :CON:

Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise - The Trials of Optimus Prime Young Reader Book (1751752)
Posted by psj333 on January 3rd, 2016 @ 11:13am CST
Madeus Prime wrote:No, I know Quillfire and Springload showed up previously, I just was using them as examples for their somewhat entertaining personalities, more so with Vertebreak, but I love psychotic 'Cons. I've watched the show, same as you, maybe with a tad less enthusiasm, I was clapping for Megatronus at the end...

You know, I would have thought about that too. But at the same time, I would sincerely do hope that the Cons that were left out, such as Veretbreak, Kickback, and many others to appear at the 2016 Toy Fair, BotCon 2016, or perhaps even SDCC 2016. I'm dying to see these characters made in their toy forms, not just Thunderhoof, Clampdown, Springload, and Quillfire.:CON:
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise - The Trials of Optimus Prime Young Reader Book (1751760)
Posted by Flashwave on January 3rd, 2016 @ 12:34pm CST
Madeus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Madeus Prime wrote:it's the last season,
[citation needed]

And remember the target audience they want: they are trying to instill definite rights and wrongs. Cops and Robbers is better for that than war stuff.
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise - The Trials of Optimus Prime Young Reader Book (1751767)
Posted by psj333 on January 3rd, 2016 @ 1:36pm CST
Flashwave wrote:while I am not against the War stuff, I am not convinced these bots were IN the War. Bumblebee sure, but Stringarm addressses ut from Textbooks, not experience. And none of the cons have "Military" crimes I din't believe. Not as far as tge TV show is concerned. we never got an offical time on how long its been, but all implications from the TV series is that its been a Cybertronian generation at least. These are not War criminals or war Autobots.so that wouldnt make sense.

While I do agree with most of what you said, I do somewhat oppose the cops-and-robbers idea. When Transformers was first launched in 1984, it was never a cop-and-robbers series to begin with. It was all about Autobota and Decepticons fighting for power. But for Robots In Disguise 2015, this is different, as the Autobots hunt down every single suspect and apprehended them before locked up in their cages, no matter how powerful, big, strong, or fast that they are. Therefore, I was hoping that once Season 2 starts, it should gradually go back to its roots as most Transformers series should have been, while at the same time embracing the animal-based characters who have vehicle modes. :BOT: :CON:
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise - The Trials of Optimus Prime Young Reader Book (1751803)
Posted by BeastProwl on January 3rd, 2016 @ 4:21pm CST
Re: Transformers: Robots In Disguise - The Trials of Optimus Prime Young Reader Book (1751824)
Posted by Madeus Prime on January 3rd, 2016 @ 5:25pm CST
BeastProwl wrote:So I haven't read through this thread because of spoilers, I just came here to ask, is RiD worth watching at all? I've seen a few episodes, and it seems childish and kinda cringe-inducing at times, especially the recurring gag with bumblebee's catchphrases. Does it get better? And does it follow off of prime well, or no? Any insight is appreciated, thanks :D

Gonna be honest, it felt like a let down after Prime. The quality, the writing, the animation, all of it went downhill. It isn't the worst TF show ever, it's no Energon or Cybertron (no offence to those who liked it, I didn't), but it isn't great either. I was hoping there was going to be a greater sense of interconnectivity between Prime and RID, but it seems that Earth has forgotten about Megatron's fortress in Jasper and everything else.

The characters are pretty bland and easily identifiable with kids, you got the unsure leader in Bumblebee, the bot-with-an-attitude-problem in Sideswipe, the inexperienced idealistic rookie in Strongarm, the nervous panicky professor in Fixit, and the big lovable idiot in Grimlock.

If you thought that there was no connection between WFC and FOC and Prime, then prepare to be amazed, because they throw that all down the toilet. Grimlock is not only entirely different looking, but he's also apparently not the Dinobot's leader nor is he a war hero. Same with Sideswipe and Jazz, they aren't the badass soldiers we saw in the games, they are now pretty much just average Autobots.

Everything is watered down for kids and you'll quickly see a correlation with Power Rangers with a themed monster of the week. For instance you have the Mafia Don with an anger issue in Thunderhoof and a stereotypical British criminal burglar team in Chop Shop. The Deceptocon of the day formula gets real old, real fast.

Optimus' reintroduction feels forced and kind of lame, it cheapens his sacrifice in Predacons Rising by having him demand to return to the real world. His "training" is really ridiculous, considering he was the leader of the Autobots and fought in the war, he should be teaching the Primes some modern tactics.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #261 - Ratchets, Tigers and Planes
"Ratchets, Tigers and Planes"
Posted: Sunday, October 11th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Crosshairs Deluxe Class Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Coin Bank 15" Bumblebees brand new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyber Battalion Prowl sealed Walgreens exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "NEW KRE-O Transformers Starscream (30667) - In Factory Sealed Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Sentinel Prime, Megatron And Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Skrapnel & Reflector, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY