Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand

Thursday, December 24th, 2015 7:06pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: shajaki   Views: 47,865

Happy almost holidays folks! Today we have an unexpectedly festive sighting and set of in-hand pics. The latest wave of Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class figures features:
Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime
Megatronus (sans faceplate)
Fracture (sans pictured)
and Night Strike Bumblebee (now with 18% more aqua!)

These fellas were stumbled upon by yours truly at a local Wal-Mart in Edmonton Alberta Canada amidst many a holiday shopper. It goes to show that you should always be on the hunt! Stay tuned to Seibertron.com: home for the best Galleries and Conversation around!

Transformers News: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand

Transformers News: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand

Transformers News: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand

Transformers News: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand

Transformers News: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand

Credit(s): shajaki

Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand (1750227)
Posted by no-one on December 24th, 2015 @ 7:12pm CST
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand (1750231)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on December 24th, 2015 @ 7:24pm CST
Night Ops Bumblebee. Night Strike Bumblebee. Clash Of The Transformers Bumblebee.

Cool.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand (1750235)
Posted by Cobotron on December 24th, 2015 @ 8:33pm CST
Who is this mystery news man?
Like a news ninja.
;)
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand (1750237)
Posted by shajaki on December 24th, 2015 @ 8:50pm CST
carytheone wrote:Hey bud, long time no see. Cool find, I've been on the hunt for that Megatronus.
Hey! Nice blues ;)^

Megatronus is strangely satisfying, I think you'll dig him. Only reason I didn't get Fracture though is cause I recently pre-ordered the Adventure version.

Bumblebee is an odd duck though. He comes with a translucent smokey black sword more suitable for the Night Ops Bee which I recently acquired. I did some modding and swapping, now Backwards Day Bumblebee might be my favorite of the bunch!

Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand (1750242)
Posted by no-one on December 24th, 2015 @ 9:38pm CST
Fracture is a wonderful figure. Be prepared for awesomeness.

I'm digging the snot out of sad mustard bee on the right. :lol:
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand (1750245)
Posted by shajaki on December 24th, 2015 @ 9:49pm CST
Cobotron wrote:Who is this mystery news man?
Like a news ninja.
;)
heeeeeYAH NEWS'd
*jumps back behind your couch*

carytheone wrote:Fracture is a wonderful figure. Be prepared for awesomeness.

I'm digging the snot out of sad mustard bee on the right. :lol:
Mustard Bee :lol: :lol:
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand (1750246)
Posted by Cobotron on December 24th, 2015 @ 9:53pm CST
shajaki wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Who is this mystery news man?
Like a news ninja.
;)
heeeeeYAH NEWS'd
*jumps back behind your couch*
:lol: :lol:
Merry Christmas Jack! ;)^
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand (1750293)
Posted by RAR on December 25th, 2015 @ 6:59am CST
I guess they gave Optimus Orange armour - as they were thinking many people will just throw the extra bits in a parts bin and the axe would be the correct colour - but assuming you'd actually want the armour to look nice - I think another darker colour would have been better - heck even all spark blue would have been better too.

I think my reaction to the armour is coloured negatively by the choice of the coloured they decided to cast them in - I don't think any work well at all - If they ever repaint them I hope they pick matching tones to the originals so they can be juggled with the armour from the 1st releases.

Dark Blue or red for Optimus and Red or magenta for Sideswipe for example.

I'm a little surprised that when they designed them they didn't think to make the armour also fit on the vehicles and the minicons in some ways too.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand (1750304)
Posted by william-james88 on December 25th, 2015 @ 10:47am CST
A finding like this is always interesting. In the Toywiz listing for the previously revealed Minicon 4-pack, there is one very key picture. This picture below, showing some kids playing with minicons joyfully gives us our very first look at the toys that were previously seen only in the app.

These minicons are "Weapon Slipstream", "Stealth Anvil", "Stealth Hammer" and "Cyclone Undertone".

Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand (1750311)
Posted by william-james88 on December 25th, 2015 @ 11:07am CST
We have some nice new video reviews coming at you this Christmas day. We have not one but two reviews for Battle Pack Sideswipe and Mini-con Anvil (is he THAT good?) and a review for Legion Class Drift. These are from Chuckdawg1999 and Balmatrix. Enjoy!

baltmatrix wrote:Hey Guys,

Happy Holidays! Thanks for watching the Optimus review. For a comparison here my Battle Pack Sideswipe review as well! While neither figures are bad they are little more than scaled up Legion class figures with silly armor bits and a bakugan. Younger kids might like them but I worry that the kids will lose or swallow the energon bits. (as the father of a 19-month-old I worry about these things)

Oh an on the 26th I'll follow up with my 2016 Wave 1 RID Minicon review.

Again, wishing you all a wonderful Holiday,

Balt

chuckdawg1999 wrote:After the disappointment of Warrior Sideswipe I, and many other collectors, were hoping for a better version of the character. Hasbro must have heard us as this Decepticon Hunter version is fantastic. If I were to have one complaint, it's that the figure doesn't come with a proper sword, instead the main weapon is a mace. Armored up the figure looks really good, and the combined weapon holds together better than Prime's. All in all, a solid buy.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Drift is a great Legion figure with a fun transformation.

Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand (1750429)
Posted by no-one on December 26th, 2015 @ 11:23am CST
Howdy fellow Seibertronians. Following the previous in hand look at the Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack we have had several retail sightings submitted this morning.

The set includes the Mini-cons:

-Scorch strike Undertone

-Blizzard Strike Backtrack

-Scorch strike Beastbox

-Blizzard Strike Swelter

Seibertronian xRotorstormx, reluctantyouth and yours truly found the Mini-con 4 pack for $16.99 at ToysRUs in Milford, CT, Peoria IL and Baton Rouge, LA respectively. You can refresh your memory of the rest of the RID line here.

Are you a Mini-con addict? What do you think of the new molds and decos? Sound off in the discussion below.

And remember to keep your browsers pointed to Seibertron.com for the latest in Transformer news, the largest Transformers galleries found on the web and the handiest Transformers sightings this side of a space bridge.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand (1750440)
Posted by ScottyP on December 26th, 2015 @ 12:20pm CST
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand (1750444)
Posted by no-one on December 26th, 2015 @ 1:03pm CST
ScottyP wrote:Speaking of the sightings section, I've added a listing for these in there. Got so busy getting the Rescue Bots section caught up these slipped through the cracks on me!
Awesome, I couldn't find them earlier. I'll go make a submission now.

EDIT: Has anyone noticed that the 4 packs appear to only come with 2 sets of energon armor?
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand (1750480)
Posted by william-james88 on December 26th, 2015 @ 8:45pm CST
carytheone wrote:
Awesome, I couldn't find them earlier. I'll go make a submission now.

Yeah. And I find that too bad since that energon armour is the extent of the playability they have for me (since I am not buying the deployers). Those extra energon figures were beautifully implemented last time (as well as terribly ignored by Hasbro). Does anyone know if anything extra can be made of these clear armour bits?
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand (1750932)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 29th, 2015 @ 11:04am CST
Optimus does not look too bad in that armor. Sideswipe looks pretty funny though. Not too bad overall though, definitely interesting :BOT:
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand (1751273)
Posted by Madeus Prime on December 31st, 2015 @ 3:54pm CST
Kind of a request, as I own neither figure, are the heads of the blue Optimus and Megatronus swappable. Just could somebody humor me and check so I don't waste my money on buying both toys. :oops:
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand (1751378)
Posted by RAR on January 1st, 2016 @ 9:35am CST
I thought I'd mention that there is a KO of RID-15 Optimus Prime's Warrior Class toy out / or due soon in China and also one of Drift both are about Voyager Size - and complement the existing Grimlock, Bumblebee & StrongArm toys.

Optimus looks like he's a good option for scale fans and has that bonus advantage of being closer to the proper size like Grimlock is too - while not being quite so huge as the Takara "Leader class" version.

The versions shown here are the ones with metal parts - but they may well make all plastic version too.

http://world.taobao.com/item/5257577785 ... 0.0.oaJvLO

I thought this was worth mentioning where someone would be more likely to see it than tucked away in the KO forum that is so rarely visited. as it's potentially of specific interest to those likely to read this thread perhaps.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand (1751380)
Posted by william-james88 on January 1st, 2016 @ 9:41am CST
I would still not recomend that mold to anyone.
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand (1751421)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 1st, 2016 @ 3:51pm CST
It's still not a bad mold, just the arms really :BOT:
Re: Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 5 In-Hand (1751461)
Posted by william-james88 on January 1st, 2016 @ 6:12pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:It's still not a bad mold, just the arms really :BOT:

Oh there is way more than that. The feet are right there for all to see, the transformation is overly simplistic with most detail repeating from robot mode to alt mode, there is a random hole in the back that serve NO purpose, the head keeps sinking and as you said, the arms are atrocious with both the terrible shoulder articulation and the giant panels under the forearms. Seriously, I would love to see anyone argue how this is not the worse toy from the warrior class. Sideswipe has a huge flaw, but he is way more interesting than this optimus toy.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Pounce and Wingspan Incomplete Transformers G1 Hasbro 1987 Vintage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise - WFC / Pounce Wingspan Decepticon Twin Set War Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sludge Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Slag Slug Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alpha Trion Reaction Action Figure Retro Articulated Super7" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ReAction Wave 2 Shrapnel Action Figure Articulated Super7" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Vector Prime & Safeguard Voyager Class 2005 complete working sound" on EBAY