Friday, March 18th, 2016 9:34pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 31,247

Fellow Seibertronian Survivefan23 has pointed us towards a new listing on Toy Wiz for Wave 6 of the blind bagged Tiny Titans line. This Robots in Disguise line is made up of small plastic figures which reference mainly the Robots in Disguise show but also characters from the G1 era and now even Beast Machines.

This wave consists of: Sky-Byte, Acid Storm, Beast Machines Cheetor, Minitron, Blurr, Alpha Trion/Thundertron/??, RID Optimus Prime with G1 Prime's gun, Unicron, G1 Grimlock, Crazybolt, Barrage and RID Bumblebee.

Barrage is a particular deep cut. Notice how I am completely unsure of the bearded one with the blue cape. It could be one of the Primes revealed in this season of Robots in Disguise (Alpha Trion?). If you have an idea of who that is, or if we made a mistake on any of these, please let us know in the comments.

Transformers News: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 6 Tiny Titans Blind-Bagged Characters Revealed

Credit(s): toy wiz

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 6 Tiny Titans Blind-Bagged Characters Revealed (1773753)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on March 18th, 2016 @ 10:31pm CDT
These seem like cheaper Robot Heroes...
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 6 Tiny Titans Blind-Bagged Characters Revealed (1773760)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 19th, 2016 @ 12:40am CDT
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 6 Tiny Titans Blind-Bagged Characters Revealed (1773799)
Posted by Rainmaker on March 19th, 2016 @ 5:25am CDT
I prefer the Robot Heroes, I wish they would bring them back. I kinda liked them. The paint on these guys is horrible and bugs me a lot. :-(
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 6 Tiny Titans Blind-Bagged Characters Revealed (1773843)
Posted by Mr O on March 19th, 2016 @ 9:53am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The white and blue winged guy between IDW Blurr and RID Optimus is nagging me over who he is. I feel like I've seen him before, but not in that exact design. I honestly can't think of who he is.

I'm getting that feeling, but I think it's just a few elements reminding me of a Sweep. The claw feet don't fit that. Not Tigerhawk?
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 6 Tiny Titans Blind-Bagged Characters Revealed (1773846)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 19th, 2016 @ 10:24am CDT
Mr O wrote:

It's gotta be someone with a big pointy helmet and wings/capes. If it's any of the Binder/Covenant designs, Liege Maximo might be a candidate, but the blue and white instead of green, and some of the toy's finer details, throw that off.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 6 Tiny Titans Blind-Bagged Characters Revealed (1773993)
Posted by Rainmaker on March 19th, 2016 @ 6:52pm CDT
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 6 Tiny Titans Blind-Bagged Characters Revealed (1773997)
Posted by william-james88 on March 19th, 2016 @ 6:57pm CDT
Rainmaker wrote:That unidentified Transformer reminds me of that one Prime toy which wasn't in the show but had that nice beard.

Yeah, Thundertron, he's mentioned in the news post.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 6 Tiny Titans Blind-Bagged Characters Revealed (1774010)
Posted by Emerje on March 19th, 2016 @ 8:09pm CDT
Doesn't look like a beard to me at all, just a part of his chest that sticks up in the front. His head his turned to the left and you can see his mouth while the "beard" is still forward.
Capture1.JPG

It's possible One of the Decepticons have gotten an upgrade, not just Optimus. Stelljaw perhaps? That would explain why he looks familiar.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 6 Tiny Titans Blind-Bagged Characters Revealed (1774026)
Posted by Rainmaker on March 19th, 2016 @ 10:21pm CDT
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 6 Tiny Titans Blind-Bagged Characters Revealed (1774030)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 19th, 2016 @ 10:42pm CDT
Thundertron doesn't have wings or a gun or two normal feet (one of his is a peg-leg) or big horned helmet.

He did, however, have a very obvious lion head torso, which this figure doesn't have.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 6 Tiny Titans Blind-Bagged Characters Revealed (1774052)
Posted by Emerje on March 20th, 2016 @ 4:07am CDT
Rainmaker wrote:Remember that the paint is horrible, there might be a beard but it might not be painted

So his beard is part of his chest and not attached to his face? No, there is no beard, it's just a wedge-shaped piece of armor and his head is clearly not pointed in the same direction.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 6 Tiny Titans Blind-Bagged Characters Revealed (1774156)
Posted by Mr O on March 20th, 2016 @ 3:25pm CDT
Thundertron had an optional peg-leg. He also had the 'wings' on his hips and no Autobot symbol on his torso.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 6 Tiny Titans Blind-Bagged Characters Revealed (1774242)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 20th, 2016 @ 5:45pm CDT
Mr O wrote:Thundertron had an optional peg-leg.
His peg-leg is what he's supposed to have. It's only "optional" on his toy due to the toy's mechanics.

On a different note, that Minitron figure is probably the version of him to get since he's so tiny and it looks very accurate to his character model. 8-)
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 6 Tiny Titans Blind-Bagged Characters Revealed (1774278)
Posted by Mr O on March 20th, 2016 @ 7:12pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mr O wrote:Thundertron had an optional peg-leg.

Nobody has a peg-leg and a proper foot as wardrobe options! Actually, the more I look at his chest, there is a big cat face there.

Minitron is the weevil thing right? That's the one I'll never find then, :(.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 6 Tiny Titans Blind-Bagged Characters Revealed (1774284)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 20th, 2016 @ 7:25pm CDT
Mr O wrote:Nobody has a peg-leg and a proper foot as wardrobe options!
He's a pirate. He transforms from a four-footed lion to a one-footed peg-legged robot in-fiction. You'd need a Masterpiece-level budget to pull that off in toy form, and there was no way Hasbro was gonna put that much money into the toy they made for the guy. So they went the cheaper route by making his toy have one of its beast mode feet detach from the robot mode peg-leg as part of the figure's transformation.

Minitron is the weevil thing right? That's the one I'll never find then, :(.
The little green bug guy, yeah.

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 6 Tiny Titans Blind-Bagged Characters Revealed (1775735)
Posted by Va'al on March 27th, 2016 @ 3:41am CDT
Despite having news of wave 6 of the Tiny Titans line come out of online retailers, fellow Seibertronian ScottyP has spotted some wave 4 bags in the wild - specifically at GameStop in Raleigh, NC! Photo proof below, and remember, if you come across any new sightings, flag it up for everyone in the regional forums and the Sightings database!

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 6 Tiny Titans Blind-Bagged Characters Revealed (1775742)
Posted by william-james88 on March 27th, 2016 @ 6:35am CDT
I'm just waiting for wave 5 so that I could get octopunsh and include him in my decepticon legion collection.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 6 Tiny Titans Blind-Bagged Characters Revealed (1776864)
Posted by Rainmaker on April 1st, 2016 @ 1:00am CDT
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

It makes me feel dumb when people correct me :oops:

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 6 Tiny Titans Blind-Bagged Characters Revealed (1789743)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 14th, 2016 @ 9:48pm CDT
Well, thanks to this Imgur album, we now know who that unknown blue and white guy is: Nightstrike's robot mode. Turns out the bat form he had in the show was his altmode.

Also, Minitron is bizarrely named "Minimus Ambus". I guess the name "Minitron" didn't pass the Trademark muster and so Hasbro grabbed the nearest name with "Mini-" in it.

The rest were all guessed correctly:

G1 Grimlock
RID 2015 Bumblebee
G1 Unicron
RID 2015 Optimus Prime
RiD 2001 Sky-Byte
G1 Barrage
RID 2015 Crazybolt
IDW G1 Blurr
Beast Machines Cheetor
G1 Acid Storm
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 6 Tiny Titans Blind-Bagged Characters Revealed (1789745)
Posted by william-james88 on May 14th, 2016 @ 9:50pm CDT
Thanks! And do you know if there is a record out there of how to figure out what figure you are geting in these packs?

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Commemorative Series 9 Ricochet 2004 NO NIGHTSTICK TRU Excl EX Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TURTLER / SNAPTRAP Takara TT-GS03 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects G2 Megatron, Netflix Hotlink Target Red Wing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege: War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Chromia Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron 3 Sharkticons Attack Hotrod Figures" on EBAY