Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail

Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail

Monday, June 20th, 2016 4:13pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 25,651

Thanks to the Action Robo Facebook page, we have confirmation that the 7th wave of Robots in Disguise toys have begun showing up in international stores! Action Robo found the new wave in Hong Kong, and the wave features Autobots Windblade and Power Surge Optimus Prime and Decepticon Scorponok, whom we had just recently got some new in-hand images of. With Wave 7 now showing up internationally, we can expect the wave to start showing up around the rest of the world very shortly. The lull in new Transformers is ending folks, so brace your wallet and your display cases!

Transformers News: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail

Credit(s): Action Robo Facebook

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail (1799158)
Posted by Randomhero on June 20th, 2016 @ 5:19pm CDT
Sadly my eyes keep veering over to the new wave of marvel legends. Those look nice
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail (1799167)
Posted by Slashercon on June 20th, 2016 @ 5:47pm CDT
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail (1799168)
Posted by SeventhSage on June 20th, 2016 @ 6:14pm CDT
Can't wait to get my hands in those deceptions! I think the other two are a pass
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail (1799169)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 20th, 2016 @ 6:22pm CDT
Anyone else notice Prime still comes with his axe?
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail (1799172)
Posted by william-james88 on June 20th, 2016 @ 6:37pm CDT
Slashercon wrote:lol I was looking at the Marvel Legends on the side too. I really want that Electro. the only RID figures here that intrigue me are Scorponok and Windblade.

bisk should also be part of this wave
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail (1799173)
Posted by SureShot18 on June 20th, 2016 @ 6:42pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Anyone else notice Prime still comes with his axe?

I didn't at first but it's definitely in there.(I too was a little more focused on the Marvel Legends 8-} ). It is probably in the same steel mold as some other parts needed for Prime so they decided to release it as well.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail (1799175)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 20th, 2016 @ 6:56pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

bisk should also be part of this wave

Bisk and Ratchet are in the next wave, Wave 8
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail (1799178)
Posted by william-james88 on June 20th, 2016 @ 7:09pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

bisk should also be part of this wave

Bisk and Ratchet are in the next wave, Wave 8

:-(

Oh well I guess I will have to settle with just scorpnok. I really need to see that Takara windblade before i make up my mind about picking the Hasbro one. The mold is fine but it has no painted detail.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail (1799180)
Posted by Kurona on June 20th, 2016 @ 7:18pm CDT
Am I the only one that doesn't really get what all the fuss for Bisk is about? I'm not entirely sure why everyone's crazy for it...

Can't wait for Ratchet tho
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail (1799186)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 20th, 2016 @ 7:48pm CDT
Bisk is a robot lobster with massive claws made from the whole front of his muscle car mode, he is a gamer at heart and everything is spoken as if it were a game, he has big googly eyes and he is orange. How can anyone not get the fuss about Bisk (He's basically the greatest thing ever) :lol:
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail (1799191)
Posted by Lucky Logician on June 20th, 2016 @ 9:03pm CDT

Geez. I'm sorry for all you Windblade fans out there. They really phoned it in on this toy; the figure looks nothing like the art on the box. If it weren't for the kabuki makeup, I'd honestly think it was a different character. Even still, if someone told me this was a different cityspeaker, I'd believe them.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail (1799193)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 20th, 2016 @ 9:13pm CDT
Lucky Logician wrote:Geez. I'm sorry for all you Windblade fans out there. They really phoned it in on this toy; the figure looks nothing like the art on the box.
Oh, it does, sculpting-wise. It's just there's so much unpainted red plastic and little-to-no other colors on the figure that most of the figure's resemblance to the character model is lost or obscured by how monotone the deco is.

That's why most who want a decently-colored RID Windblade are waiting to see what Takara's Adventure Windblade will look like. ;)
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail (1799195)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 20th, 2016 @ 9:21pm CDT
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail (1799198)
Posted by william-james88 on June 20th, 2016 @ 9:51pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:I know Hasbro tends to be cheap with the paint aps, but this line has been especially miserable.

Agreed though I will say that Megatronus and Fracture are on equal footing with Takara in terms of paint apps. I was thinking of getting them in the HLJ sale but when comparing to Hasbro, they didnt seem that much better. The paint is just arranged differently and in different places. And Quillfire isnt that bad either, Hasbro's take and colour mix is interesting. But for the rest, its a little sad.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail (1799275)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 21st, 2016 @ 10:31am CDT
Lucky Logician wrote:Image

If Hasbro's people read through the boards as I'm told they do, then they need to start taking notes about shit like this.

Ya'll need to do a better job with these decos. It's a shame that we're back to the point in 2002 and 2003 where the solution is just to import in order to get nice looking figures.

Back with Classics, Generations, HftD, etc...there was an objective choice about how the figures were decoed, but now, the non-Japanese markets are really getting inferior product.

All eyes on the conversion rate boy'os.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail (1799284)
Posted by william-james88 on June 21st, 2016 @ 11:10am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

All eyes on the conversion rate boy'os.

:APPLAUSE:

I love you counterpunch, you say it like it is and I totally agree. At least for Windblade here ;) But man, did you see the difference with Thunderhoof?

Makes me want to cry.

:-( :-( :-(
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail (1799427)
Posted by DeathReviews on June 21st, 2016 @ 10:05pm CDT
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail (1799428)
Posted by william-james88 on June 21st, 2016 @ 10:07pm CDT
DeathReviews wrote:Scorponok is pretty much the only RID figure I've seen that I may want to procure....

Dear Death, I highly recomend Fracture. I think you will very much like him.
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail (1799437)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 21st, 2016 @ 10:44pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Dear Death, I highly recomend Fracture. I think you will very much like him.

I second that with a Thunderhoof to boot
Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise Wave 7 Found at Hong Kong Retail (1800808)
Posted by Va'al on June 26th, 2016 @ 2:46am CDT
Fellow UK-based robot fan Hashim has sent us a sighting of the officially licensed Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise die-cast vehicles priced at £2.97 and an R/C Bumblebee at £24.97 - all found in Asda. If you're in the market for these, with their light-up Racer feature, it looks like the assortment has Sideswipe, Strongarm, Bumblebee and Optimus Prime, check them out below!

Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege WFC-S33 Micromaster Powertrain & Highjump" on EBAY
Buy "transformers the movie toys, bumblebee, starscream, jazz, ironhide, barricade" on EBAY
Buy "2016 Transformers Autobot Drift Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 86 Grimlock and Autobot Wheelie Hasbro Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "*NEW* OFFICIAL Transformers Studio Series 38 Optimus Prime Bumblebee Movie SS-38" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Cyclonus 2015 7" Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Class Autobot Bumblebee Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot 5 WFC siege direct hit power punch storm cloud viper pteraxadon" on EBAY