Transformers ROTF- 3 Action Scenes Filmed In Imax!!!

Transformers ROTF- 3 Action Scenes Filmed In Imax!!!

Tuesday, September 30th, 2008 4:36am CDT

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 11,288

Taking a lead from the Dark Knight's success with using Imax cameras to enhance certain scenes when viewed in an Imax theater, Michael Bay is said to be following suit based on an article in Variety...

"Michael Bay will film at least three action setpieces using IMAX cameras for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, which is lensing."

And a quote from Michael Bay:
"The extraordinary level of detail and intensity captured by the IMAX camera creates many exciting possibilities for us with this film. IMAX’s all-encompassing format will take this story to a new level, and I am once again very excited to share The IMAX Experience with Transformers fans around the world."

Sounds like we may be in for some very epic robot battles being presented on the big screen next June!

You can read the whole article here.

Credit(s): First Showing.net

Re: Transformers ROTF- 3 Action Scenes Filmed In Imax!!! (798325)
Posted by DevastaTTor on September 30th, 2008 @ 7:20am CDT
Sweet. I'm really looking forward to this movie and can't wait to see a teaser in a couple of months.
Re: Transformers ROTF- 3 Action Scenes Filmed In Imax!!! (798363)
Posted by Zeds on September 30th, 2008 @ 8:36am CDT
Saw the TFM1 in IMAX and it was 100% better viewing IMHO. This is great news!
Re: Transformers ROTF- 3 Action Scenes Filmed In Imax!!! (798391)
Posted by dragons on September 30th, 2008 @ 10:02am CDT
ive seen the dark knight in theaters and just found out that some scenes where filmed in imax for some action scenes i couldnt tell the differnce it looked the same as anyother filme in picture quality.

go for it bay if you want to do it all for it i wont be able to tell the imax scenes apart from the original whn i see it in theaters
Re: Transformers ROTF- 3 Action Scenes Filmed In Imax!!! (798538)
Posted by dabattousai on September 30th, 2008 @ 1:25pm CDT
Another reason to spend $12.50 at the theaters.
Re: Transformers ROTF- 3 Action Scenes Filmed In Imax!!! (798590)
Posted by Senor Hugo on September 30th, 2008 @ 2:27pm CDT
Re: Transformers ROTF- 3 Action Scenes Filmed In Imax!!! (798662)
Posted by Keeperofthespark on September 30th, 2008 @ 3:59pm CDT
I think the explosions are going to be great, but I don't think the movie will suck.

Are you implying that you will see it IMAX SH? I thought you hated the first and don't like Bay. Or am I wrong on those counts? Just asking since you only posted a Robot Chicken parody.
Re: Transformers ROTF- 3 Action Scenes Filmed In Imax!!! (798740)
Posted by Senor Hugo on September 30th, 2008 @ 5:50pm CDT
If there was an Imax theater within driving distance, I'd seen any movie that came out in IMax.

But the parody was meant to show only what will be filmed using Imax footage, explosions and a random Transformer.

To clarify I didn't hate the first, there was just a hell of a lot of room for improvement in the first. Bay stretched a bit too far in the first movie, giving us a C-grade sci-fi movie and a B-grade action film.

That and his last really good film that had a damned good script to go with it was The Rock
Re: Transformers ROTF- 3 Action Scenes Filmed In Imax!!! (798815)
Posted by Keeperofthespark on September 30th, 2008 @ 6:57pm CDT
I know what was the intention of the parody you showed. No need to go into detail of that.

..giving us a C-grade scifi movie and a B-grade action movie.

I'd dsiagree with those grades personally. The scifi level wasn't high and it wasn't hard, but it was light and a good light scifi story at that. I also thought for an action movie level was higher than a B-, but then again I'm not good at picking grades. If anything I'm good at rating something from a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it an 8. I would agree that it could've been better and that there are some things to deliver now since they can now expand on things, but I, again, thought it was solid enough.

And no, I didn't "shut my brian off" to enjoy it. I have to like a movie as a whole, an action set peice or some eye candy camera movement doesn't do the trick for me. Die Another Day has plenty of those, and I despise it and I'm not a huge James Bond fanatic.

That and his last really good film that had a damned good script to go with was The Rock.

The Rock was a very good film, but I've liked more than just The Rock in Bay's filmography. But I personally think Transformers was a really good movie, not great but a very good movie. It didn't have the best script in the world and it won't win any awards, but it was solid enough.
Re: Transformers ROTF- 3 Action Scenes Filmed In Imax!!! (799850)
Posted by Senor Hugo on October 1st, 2008 @ 4:01pm CDT
I actually meant it was a C Grade and B grade, not C- or B-, just ended up separating them with a dash.

As for the movie itself, I'm hoping, at least for me, that TF just suffered from 1st Movie Syndrome, like what Spider-man, Hulk, and X-men was afflicted by with their first movies(the second ones were a lot better). So that now that the majority of the characters have been introduced, they can take more time on characterization, introduce a better Sci-fi element and mix it well with the action.
Re: Transformers ROTF- 3 Action Scenes Filmed In Imax!!! (800433)
Posted by Keeperofthespark on October 1st, 2008 @ 10:56pm CDT
My bad, and I'm sorry if I came off a little too defensive SHugo.

Well the first one was the introduction movie, so yes it was first movie syndrome. I do hope that the sequel will be better though. But I'm sure it will, the writers have said that they felt the first was a bit light especially for the sicfi matter and the rumored storyline with Sam does sound a little more heavier than Spielberg's concept of a boy and his car. The writers and Bay have gone onr ecord that they've rewritten the script alot and wnat to give mroe deph to the characters, which is a good idea becuase now they can expand, the first one was a fast and tot he point movie. But I'm sure you've read this and that so no need to go into elaboration of this, right?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME WESTERN STAR 5700 XE TRUCK ? BARRICADE JADA DIECAST" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Age Of Extinction- Hammer Strike Snarl" on EBAY
Buy "KBB Transformers GT-05 Optimus Prime MP-10 G1 Pocket Size Combat commander-12cm" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Mr Potato Head Bumble Spud Collectible Children’s Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dinobot Slog Voyager Class Age of Extinction Hasbro NEW SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Dragstrip Wildbreak Dragbreak" on EBAY
Buy "IRONHIDE TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON MECHTECH WEAPON SYSTEM LEADER CLASS" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Revenge of The Fallen Bumble Spud Mr. Potato Head" on EBAY