Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US

Transformers ROTF  Leader Class Jetfire Released in US

Thursday, June 25th, 2009 8:42pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 43,636

Seibertron.com member Robofreak has just let us know of his sighting of Jetfire from the Revenge of The Fallen toy line. A few other members in our sightings section have also reported finding the figure at retail. Scroll on down to see Robofreak's photo with his receipt as proof of his finding:

Transformers ROTF  Leader Class Jetfire Released in US

Be sure to report you're findings in our Sightings Section right here on Seibertron.com!

Credit(s): Robofreak

Re: Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US (942569)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on June 25th, 2009 @ 9:08pm CDT
Just saw this image where Robofreak first posted it in the AZ sightings thread. Good find!
Re: Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US (942578)
Posted by Zeds on June 25th, 2009 @ 9:25pm CDT
One of the few figures that I am excited about picking up. Will keep him in jet mode. Frackin' awesome job!
Re: Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US (942592)
Posted by OmegaConvoy117 on June 25th, 2009 @ 9:44pm CDT
i really cant wait to pick this guy up, i really cant wait to have my Power Prime in display
Re: Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US (942641)
Posted by LiKwid on June 25th, 2009 @ 10:39pm CDT
Sweet.. I've been wanting to pick up this "Ole Chum" since I first saw him. I know you can order him on amazon as well, his release date/ship date is set for july 1 and he's 44.99 + shipping.. Powered up prime is almost complete!
Re: Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US (942679)
Posted by Onyx Primal on June 25th, 2009 @ 11:43pm CDT
Wasnt really interested in this guy at first but after seeing the movie he's a buy even tho he'll spend his time combined with my Prime. Tho, Itll be about another two weeks before i can pick him up(unless i can make good tips next week).
Re: Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US (942708)
Posted by robofreak on June 26th, 2009 @ 12:29am CDT
Jetfire is a cool figure. I actually prefer to display him next to Prime as they become an omega brick when they are combined. It's easier to display them separate and Jetfire has so many details on him that I'd rather not hide them in the combined form.

He's an great figure and is absolutely huge in jet mode.

I was a happy boy when I found him and I hope he gets wider distribution soon so all of you can get him.
Re: Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US (942710)
Posted by Savage on June 26th, 2009 @ 12:33am CDT
I've been looking forward to this guy ever since I saw him at BotCon. That jet mode is HUGE and made of pure win. So robo, any hope of getting some more pics? Maybe in jet mode? ;;)
Re: Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US (942743)
Posted by First-Aid on June 26th, 2009 @ 1:25am CDT
Can't wait to gsee this fig locally...I'm SOOOOOO glad I finally managed to get a job so I'll have some funds to spend between him and Altermity Megsy... :-)
Re: Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US (942799)
Posted by klarinettmeister on June 26th, 2009 @ 4:48am CDT
Re: Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US (942869)
Posted by karellan on June 26th, 2009 @ 8:16am CDT
I loved the character in the movie, but I don't really want a leader-class version, since it's a little too big and expensive for my tastes. The only other versions I've seen are the tiny legends class one and I think maybe a "Fast Action Battler" or something. Aren't they going to make a deluxe or voyager class for people who want something in between?
Re: Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US (942877)
Posted by Diem on June 26th, 2009 @ 8:32am CDT
Great! Now to wait two or so months for his Japan release. (:|
Re: Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US (942891)
Posted by Iron Prime on June 26th, 2009 @ 8:45am CDT
klarinettmeister wrote:I need 2 of him like I did with Optimus. i really hope they release him here in Sweden. Does anyone know? Price? Is it the same as Optimus he will be like 98 US$ here in Sweden...

He is leader class too, so probably same price as OP.
Re: Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US (943324)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 26th, 2009 @ 10:44pm CDT
Re: Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US (943338)
Posted by robofreak on June 26th, 2009 @ 11:18pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:I got one today and he's kind of a let down. I dunno...there's nothing wrong with him he's just kind of...thick, like in the same way that 07 Movie Jazz wasn't exactly right.

The cane is what makes it for me. I just think it's cool to have a transformer that has a cane. It's silly and cool all at once.

Jazz needed to be more on the slim side. That was what kept him from being an awesome figure.

Jetfire's issue is in his size. He needed to be a Supreme class. He's grossly out of scale with Optimus and the combination really shows it. Hasbro managed to get the combination to be fairly accurate to the on-screen portrayal from the front, but that came at the price of his leg mobility. The combination in the movie didn't use all of Jetfire for the combination, but the toy did.

It probably would have worked better if they made Jetfire a Supreme class and only used a certain portion of him for the actual combination. Or they could have gone the Armada route and had Jetfire turn into power legs.

Overall all, he's still a fun figure.
Re: Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US (943377)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 27th, 2009 @ 1:17am CDT
Re: Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US (943755)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on June 27th, 2009 @ 8:59pm CDT
Got mine today at Target in Schaumburg, IL, Golf Rd. He's large and in cha-HARGE! Almost 18 inches long in jet mode. The kibble underneath isn't as bad as I thought it'd be, but there are a few parts used for the Optimus Prime combination that literally stick out like a sore thumb. Still an awesome fig.
Re: Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US (946725)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 2nd, 2009 @ 1:44am CDT
I just picked up Leader Prime at WalMart, and lo and behold, when I picked up Prime from the shelf, Jetfire was right behind him. However, i did not have enough money to get them both. If i got Jetfire I would combine him with Prime, and display them together. However, there were no instructions with Prime regarding the combination. I assume they're with Jetfire...? Also, could someone post some pics of them combined? The ones I saw so far aren't showing them off in impressive light, but the pictures aren't so good. I really want to get the combined version, but I gotta be sold really good to spend $50 more.

Leader Prime is Bad Ass, btw. I thought he'd be at least as big as MP OP, but he's a bit shorter...
Re: Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US (946751)
Posted by LiKwid on July 2nd, 2009 @ 3:41am CDT
I can see it now.. Fans Project jetfire combination kit for ROTF Leader Prime..
Re: Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US (947350)
Posted by AlienQuiksilver on July 2nd, 2009 @ 11:38pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:The only reason I would buy him is to combine him with Prime, though pictures of combined mode doesn't look impressive. Is it better in reality?

This is a pretty good stance to have. Thinking like that, you won't be too disappointed after buying it. I kinda like the combined Prime/JF product, but there's not much going for the figure in the articulation dept. Still, I really like it. A partsformer would have probably been ideal here(think Omega Prime). It also would have jived with the movie. Maybe even a skip on the electronics for JF, and that could have helped get an ENTIRE leader class figure onto Prime's back a little more efficiently. I mean, shit ... sometimes the electronics gimmick can be sacrificed to save bulk/weight for combiners like this.

Hasbro probably thought ... "Oh noez, we must retain everything to justify the price point"! Geh, I really wouldn't have cared, tbh.

If the figures didn't combine ... Jetfire would not be worth a buy, imo. The only thing awesome about this figure is looking at him in jet mode, but from the top only. All of that undercarriage nonsense, is ... well ... nonsense.
Re: Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US (947391)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 3rd, 2009 @ 1:35am CDT
robofreak wrote: The combination in the movie didn't use all of Jetfire for the combination, but the toy did.

All I need to know. I hate leftover parts.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #262 - Generational Taxonomy
"Generational Taxonomy"
Posted: Sunday, October 25th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Megatron and Decepticon Berserker action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Seeker Set Elite - Asia Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Insecticons 3-Pack (Bombshell, Kickback, Shrapnel)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Deluxe WFC-S37 Brunt Weaponizer" on EBAY
Buy "2018 Transformers Power Of The Primes Elita-1 MIB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers dotm megatron incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MASTERPIECE MOVIE SERIES MPM-06 AUTOBOT IRONHIDE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Elita-1 (shelf-wear)" on EBAY