Transformers ROTF Supreme Devastator Video Review

Transformers ROTF Supreme Devastator Video Review

Friday, July 3rd, 2009 12:57pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 49,782

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Real Devastator notified us that frenzy_rumble posted a video review of Transformers Revenge of The Fallen Supreme class Devastator.

See it by clicking the links or right here.

Part 1


Part 2


Part 3


Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): Real Devastator, Frenzy_Rumble


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers ROTF Supreme Devastator Video Review (947630)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 3rd, 2009 @ 1:05pm CDT
This looks to be perhaps the easiest combiner transformation in terms of switching from individual bots to the gestalt form yet. Is it the cost of plastic driving the price up to $100 USD? Or did Hasbro waste a lot of money on the R&D trying to design viable limb, vehicle, and bot modes for each Constructicon in the set before scrapping the idea in favor of vehicle to limb transformations only? I can't think of any other justification for this figure being so much more expensive than any other supreme class Transformer.
Re: Transformers ROTF Supreme Devastator Video Review (947638)
Posted by Longbridge on July 3rd, 2009 @ 1:17pm CDT
Oh my god, what happened to the scaling? Why is Mixmaster so big and Longhaul so small.

I can see myself buying this at half the price.....maybe. It's just miles too simple, most of the movie deluxes are more complex and have more detail.
Re: Transformers ROTF Supreme Devastator Video Review (947654)
Posted by Zeds on July 3rd, 2009 @ 1:58pm CDT
Awesome review :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers ROTF Supreme Devastator Video Review (947663)
Posted by Agent 007 on July 3rd, 2009 @ 2:15pm CDT
what a POS for a hundred bucks I expect some effort. I would have wanted rubber treads, paint apps and actual gimmicks for the individual parts. It may be movie accurate by not having bot modes but hasbro should have then focused on the alt modes more. I might still buy it cause afterall, it's Devi and the vortex gimmick is kinda cool but I would pay at most $40 for it.
Re: Transformers ROTF Supreme Devastator Video Review (947665)
Posted by Phenotype on July 3rd, 2009 @ 2:19pm CDT
Longbridge wrote:Oh my god, what happened to the scaling? Why is Mixmaster so big and Longhaul so small.


I was thinking the same thing, especially at the end when he had them all lined up. The scaling is horribly off.
Re: Transformers ROTF Supreme Devastator Video Review (947678)
Posted by Archanubis on July 3rd, 2009 @ 2:44pm CDT
LiKwid wrote:$100 bucks for 6 tonka construction vehicles? #-o

I've got to agree. Not worth the $$$.
Re: Transformers ROTF Supreme Devastator Video Review (947726)
Posted by Gutter Bunny on July 3rd, 2009 @ 3:06pm CDT
meh


very underwhelming. Considering the price and the fact that they scrapped the individual bots, they should have been able to make the figure more awe inspiring.

I suppose there is still hope that I will fall in love when I actually see the figure, but it is getting more and more unlikely. :|
Re: Transformers ROTF Supreme Devastator Video Review (947736)
Posted by Bumblebeast on July 3rd, 2009 @ 3:11pm CDT
"Waiting for epic price drop".
Re: Transformers ROTF Supreme Devastator Video Review (947755)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on July 3rd, 2009 @ 3:20pm CDT
The more I see of this toy, the less I like it. He just doesn't look like something I would have fun with, and his toy proportions don't work for me either. Very, very top heavy. Does he, perchance, look better in a leaning forward and crouched position (more akin to how he moves onscreen in RotF?).

For the price point they are asking, I think that more paint applications would be nice.
All in all, I think I'm gonna go with the Takara EZ Collection Devastator (each vehicle can form a robot and be part of Devastator and, multiple people agree with me here, overall the Devastator mode looks better).

I do, however, like how tight he seems. Very loud clicks. Satisfying sound, IMO. Unsatisfying, however, are Mixmaster's inane amount of noises made with so little effort. He needs his batteries removed.

Each individual vehicle, however, looks insanely BORING to transform. What a shame.
Re: Transformers ROTF Supreme Devastator Video Review (947763)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on July 3rd, 2009 @ 3:25pm CDT
Agent 007 wrote:what a POS for a hundred bucks I expect some effort. I would have wanted rubber treads, paint apps and actual gimmicks for the individual parts. It may be movie accurate by not having bot modes but hasbro should have then focused on the alt modes more. I might still buy it cause afterall, it's Devi and the vortex gimmick is kinda cool but I would pay at most $40 for it.


Agreed.
I do, however, see this being a shelfwarmer and getting clearanced, so you very well might be able to pick it up for 40$ down the line.
Re: Transformers ROTF Supreme Devastator Video Review (947795)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 3rd, 2009 @ 4:15pm CDT
Isn't he supposed to be 2 feet tall (like it was said a million times before)? Cuz he's really only a little taller than Leader Optimus Prime.
Re: Transformers ROTF Supreme Devastator Video Review (947833)
Posted by Kibble on July 3rd, 2009 @ 5:14pm CDT
Wow, it looks worse than I woulda thought...and I didn't think very highly of it to start. Calling this thing Devoltron is an insult to Voltron. It's more like Dullistator.
Re: Transformers ROTF Supreme Devastator Video Review (947837)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on July 3rd, 2009 @ 5:20pm CDT
Kibble wrote:Wow, it looks worse than I woulda thought...and I didn't think very highly of it to start. Calling this thing Devoltron is an insult to Voltron. It's more like Dullistator.


You made me giggle, thank you.
Re: Transformers ROTF Supreme Devastator Video Review (947849)
Posted by Blurrz on July 3rd, 2009 @ 5:43pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Isn't he supposed to be 2 feet tall (like it was said a million times before)? Cuz he's really only a little taller than Leader Optimus Prime.


Uhh..... He's not just 'a little taller'
Image
Re: Transformers ROTF Supreme Devastator Video Review (947854)
Posted by jimlv921977 on July 3rd, 2009 @ 5:54pm CDT
Ok, Devastator looks cool and the construction vehicles look cool, BUT......each vehicle should have it's own individual robot mode like Devastator originally had. IMO, I think of Vehicle Voltron, those tiny vehicles that combined to form Voltron, when I see this. It does look considerably better than Voltron though.
Re: Transformers ROTF Supreme Devastator Video Review (947859)
Posted by DMSL on July 3rd, 2009 @ 6:05pm CDT
Great review but i don't like this set at all. Hardly no detail in the individual components, no robot modes either. Then on top of that the scale between each of these is way off. The arm and leg components are too small, the head component is too big. Scavenger is pretty darn big, wish the Voyager Demolishor was actually made in that scale with electronics that would rock.

Now that i think of it why didn't Hasbro make us a decent combiner. Leader classes of Mixmaster and Scavenger/Demolishor and Voyagers of the others. Scrap the shitty third modes and it could've been done. Ok maybe you would've had a slightly compromised Devastator but it would be better than this Fisher Price waste of plastic.

Epic fail.

=;
Re: Transformers ROTF Supreme Devastator Video Review (947862)
Posted by GetterDragun on July 3rd, 2009 @ 6:08pm CDT
Gutter Bunny wrote:meh


very underwhelming. Considering the price and the fact that they scrapped the individual bots, they should have been able to make the figure more awe inspiring.

I suppose there is still hope that I will fall in love when I actually see the figure, but it is getting more and more unlikely. :|


They never scrapped the individual robot mode, Movie Devestator doesn't have individual robot modes.
Re: Transformers ROTF Supreme Devastator Video Review (947866)
Posted by Blurrz on July 3rd, 2009 @ 6:18pm CDT
DMSL wrote:Great review but i don't like this set at all. Hardly no detail in the individual components, no robot modes either. Then on top of that the scale between each of these is way off. The arm and leg components are too small, the head component is too big. Scavenger is pretty darn big, wish the Voyager Demolishor was actually made in that scale with electronics that would rock.

Now that i think of it why didn't Hasbro make us a decent combiner. Leader classes of Mixmaster and Scavenger/Demolishor and Voyagers of the others. Scrap the shitty third modes and it could've been done. Ok maybe you would've had a slightly compromised Devastator but it would be better than this Fisher Price waste of plastic.

Epic fail.

=;


C'mon buddy. First off... the Robots that combine to form Devastator DO NOT have individual robot modes. Let's just say he has 7 different personalities. If Hasbro wanted to make 'a decent combiner', then they would. But they wouldn't make individual robot modes for these because it's just not what they were.

Secondly, you wanted the components to be bigger? Take into consideration the price now... $110? With the increased size, this figure will have no stability, the components will probably not stick together due to gravity, and you're looking at an over $200 market price, something any collector, RoTFan, and toddler's mom is not going to buy.
Re: Transformers ROTF Supreme Devastator Video Review (947870)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on July 3rd, 2009 @ 6:21pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:

Secondly, you wanted the components to be bigger? Take into consideration the price now... $110? With the increased size, this figure will have no stability, the components will probably not stick together due to gravity, and you're looking at an over $200 market price, something any collector, RoTFan, and toddler's mom is not going to buy. [/color]


So, when did we get a name for fans of the second film?
Re: Transformers ROTF Supreme Devastator Video Review (947873)
Posted by Blurrz on July 3rd, 2009 @ 6:29pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:
Blurrz wrote:

Secondly, you wanted the components to be bigger? Take into consideration the price now... $110? With the increased size, this figure will have no stability, the components will probably not stick together due to gravity, and you're looking at an over $200 market price, something any collector, RoTFan, and toddler's mom is not going to buy.



So, when did we get a name for fans of the second film?


Me. XD

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
Twincast / Podcast #267:
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers -  Siege (War for Cybertron) - Battle Masters - Blowpipe - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Hasbro Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes Hoist the Tow Bot Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Fire House Station Playset. "Used"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy Battle Masters - Aimless - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Copter Crane Blades" on EBAY
Buy "New! Super7 GOLD ARMOR BUMBLEBEE Transformers ReAction Series Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Hook and Ladder Heatwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Generations War for Cybertron REFRAKTOR. Mild Box Wear" on EBAY