Transformers Sector 7 #1 Preview!

Transformers Sector 7 #1 Preview!

Tuesday, September 28th, 2010 1:32pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Movie Related News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 73,784

The nice folks at IDW have sent us a preview of the first issue of their latest Transformers related title. Transformers Sector 7, as the name suggests this is about the movie-verse Transformers and explains the back story of the secret government body called Sector 7.

Just start reading!

Did you like it? Well if you did - it's just two more days 'til it's released!

Credit(s): IDW

This article was last modified on Tuesday, September 28th, 2010 6:05pm CDT

Re: Transformers Sector 7 #1 Preview! (1129690)
Posted by Tristar on September 28th, 2010 @ 2:09pm CDT
#@#@ Reason lol, I just might pick this up!
Re: Transformers Sector 7 #1 Preview! (1129694)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on September 28th, 2010 @ 2:18pm CDT
I've been strongly tempted by this series...

Anyone know if they're some homage/reference/easteregg/foreshadowing with the critters they're running from?

The tentacles made me think of the Dweller in the Depths (is that the name? I never saw that episode AFAIK). The batwings on one made me wonder if there was supposed to be a Pretender homage going on.

Are they supposed to be organic Allsparklings? Creatures mutated by energon? Or just random, unrelated cryptids inserted to give the readers the impression that there was already reason for Sector 7 prior to the discovery of Cybertronians on Earth?
Re: Transformers Sector 7 #1 Preview! (1129717)
Posted by Heavy B on September 28th, 2010 @ 3:41pm CDT
Re: Transformers Sector 7 #1 Preview! (1129733)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on September 28th, 2010 @ 5:10pm CDT
Dr. Heavy B wrote:this makes me think the series will feature little to no transformers. that sounds like a bad idea

There will be seekers. Bet on it. There presence was set up in ROTF and NEFARIOUS, they will be old fashioned vehicles, like ROTF Ransack.
Re: Transformers Sector 7 #1 Preview! (1129745)
Posted by NOBODY LOVES WHEELIE on September 28th, 2010 @ 6:05pm CDT
Well I'm not trying to diss a series before it even hits shelves but I do have to ask...hasn't the history of S7 pretty much been covered in either the original prequel series? Or novels?
Re: Transformers Sector 7 #1 Preview! (1129776)
Posted by The Variable on September 28th, 2010 @ 7:32pm CDT
I'm actually thinking of giving this series a go, if not for the reason that they continued the in-joke about no one being able to pronounce the name "Witwicky".
Re: Transformers Sector 7 #1 Preview! (1129780)
Posted by Down_Shift on September 28th, 2010 @ 7:58pm CDT
I think it looks pretty good. It's seems like a breath of fresh air.
Re: Transformers Sector 7 #1 Preview! (1129805)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on September 28th, 2010 @ 9:00pm CDT
I'll give it a shot. If mostly for a hope of some steam punky goodness.
Re: Transformers Sector 7 #1 Preview! (1129849)
Posted by mecha-man on September 29th, 2010 @ 1:50am CDT
Looking forward to this one. Sure, there's been a lot of talk about S7 already, but I want more!
Re: Transformers Sector 7 #1 Preview! (1130032)
Posted by NOBODY LOVES WHEELIE on September 29th, 2010 @ 4:22pm CDT
Oh I'll buy it...I just can't imagine what else there could be.
Re: Transformers Sector 7 #1 Preview! (1130143)
Posted by Liftgate on September 29th, 2010 @ 9:37pm CDT
Reminds me of Evolutions. Wonder if the whole series set in this time period? If so, would have looked a better if they used an old style typeface.

Actually, I'm quite tired of seeing this typeface in every. single. freakin. comic book.
Re: Transformers Sector 7 #1 Preview! (1130465)
Posted by gigazarak on October 1st, 2010 @ 4:13am CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:I'll give it a shot. If mostly for a hope of some steam punky goodness.

Agreed, the steampunk perspective needs more of an airing in the TF universe. It's fun!
Down_Shift wrote:I think it looks pretty good. It's seems like a breath of fresh air.

I think I've bought ONE of the TF:Movie comics, they don't do it for me, this looks like it cold be interesting, exploring something different. Credit to the creators if it continues in the vein of the preview, and it's not just a flashback or something. Maybe we will see Jetfire? Am I way off there?

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer Set- Blurr, Boulder, Chase" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Commander Class Megatron Figure Sealed AA173" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON WFC-S32 BLACKJACK & HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Commander Class Optimus Prime Figure Sealed Z943" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC-S44 Siege Battlemasters Singe War for Cybertron Target" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG37 Ravage & Bullhorn Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime Action Figure Incomplete" on EBAY