Transformers News: Transformers Selects Kraken, Lobclaw, Encore Big Convoy Up For Pre Order in Australia

Wednesday, September 11th, 2019 7:02PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 15,336

This just in from Ozformers on Facebook: Kraken aka Seawing and Lobclaw aka Nautilator the second set of combiner components for the new Transformers Selects Seacon Piranhacon set are now up for pre-order for our Australian collectors at EB Games and Zing!

Also, one of the biggest of all Convoys, Big Convoy with new Matrix canon and drone accessory is also up for pre-order from both EB Games and Zing!

Now it's important to note these items need to be pre-ordered BEFORE FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 27th! They are expected to ship towards the end of February next year 2020.

From the Ozformers post:
"Unfortunately they are both a little more expensive than the same sized Gulf/Skalor toy from the first wave, now priced at $68 each ($10 deposit when pre-ordering)
Big Convoy is $148, with a $30 deposit when pre-ordering."

For our Australian fans we've broken down the links below, just click away and head to EB Games or Zing to put in your pre order. Share your thoughts in the forum and as always stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!

Credit(s): Ozformers
Re: Transformers Selects Kraken, Lobclaw, Encore Big Convoy Up For Pre Order in Australia (2037870)
Posted by carytheone on September 11th, 2019 @ 7:57pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:did you see me? I just waved at you.

You and I have the exact same mind path, Hopefully you enjoy it!
I'm sure I will, I have low standards and a healthy imagination ;)^
Re: Transformers Selects Kraken, Lobclaw, Encore Big Convoy Up For Pre Order in Australia (2037872)
Posted by TFanPage101 on September 11th, 2019 @ 8:46pm CDT
Have a feeling Hot Shot will be on pre-order same time as Powerdasher Cromar
Re: Transformers Selects Kraken, Lobclaw, Encore Big Convoy Up For Pre Order in Australia (2037876)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 11th, 2019 @ 9:19pm CDT
TFanPage101 wrote:Have a feeling Hot Shot will be on pre-order same time as Powerdasher Cromar

That would be my guess, and likely starting during NYCC in a few weeks. My other guess is that since we sort of knew about Hot Shot since Hound packaging, that he will end up being WFC-GS04 with Cromar as WFC-GS09.
Re: Transformers Selects Kraken, Lobclaw, Encore Big Convoy Up For Pre Order in Australia (2037943)
Posted by o.supreme on September 12th, 2019 @ 10:48am CDT
OK, at this point I honestly feel like I'm being trolled by HasbroPulse. It took them a week for their customer service to respond to a single e-mail inquiry of mine. Fortunately i took the plunge and ordered Zetar and the second wave of Seacons prior to Zetar's cut-off or else I would have been SOL again.

Next, I get a notice of a shipping delay until next Monday for Zetar (I figure OK, I was late but at least I'm getting it), then I get an e-mail in the middle of the night saying it actually shipped, so ok I guess...

I made my pre-order as a guest, but wanted to actually sign up so I can track the status of my order. It took a full 24 hours to get a sign-up confirmation e-mail.

Re: Transformers Selects Kraken, Lobclaw, Encore Big Convoy Up For Pre Order in Australia (2037944)
Posted by carytheone on September 12th, 2019 @ 10:55am CDT
It's actually an upside-down gun which translates to "trigger pulled", so you're all good ;)
Re: Transformers Selects Kraken, Lobclaw, Encore Big Convoy Up For Pre Order in Australia (2037945)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 12th, 2019 @ 11:05am CDT
o.supreme wrote:Lastly, I look at my order confirmation and it says: Payment method : Submarine ??? :HEADHURTS:

Whew, man you got hosed, it only cost me $20, but they are gouging you for a whole sub? Wait, maybe they meant a sub sammich, but didn't have enough room for the sammich part? That would make more sense, but for $20 value it had better be one damn good sammich.

Damnit, now I want a sammich. What were we talking about again?
Re: Transformers Selects Kraken, Lobclaw, Encore Big Convoy Up For Pre Order in Australia (2037946)
Posted by o.supreme on September 12th, 2019 @ 11:12am CDT
here ya go!

evidently they opened up ones of these shops near my work so I got a coupon for a free sammich. Maybe I could sent that to HP and get a free toy? :lol:
Re: Transformers Selects Kraken, Lobclaw, Encore Big Convoy Up For Pre Order in Australia (2037954)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 12th, 2019 @ 12:06pm CDT
Believe it or not, that isn't the first Hasbro Pulse order to say that.

Submarine payment strikes again! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Transformers Selects Kraken, Lobclaw, Encore Big Convoy Up For Pre Order in Australia (2037956)
Posted by o.supreme on September 12th, 2019 @ 12:15pm CDT
^ I mean I tried to look online to see if it was *code* for something else. I found nothing, unless its an internal term Hasbro Pulse uses exclusively.

*edit* OK, so I called Pulse, just for my own edification.

Apparently *Submarine* payment is what happens when you pre-order multiple items that have different shipping/release dates (exactly what I did). The original order has to be *cancelled* and then *Submarined* (I would think parceled would have been a simpler term but whatever).... so you are not charged the whole amount, and you get the items as they are released.

I'm glad for this system, its just an odd little thing. Oh well.

Re: Transformers Selects Kraken, Lobclaw, Encore Big Convoy Up For Pre Order in Australia (2037959)
Posted by carytheone on September 12th, 2019 @ 12:38pm CDT
Nightbird and Zetar got delivered a little while ago. I have to say, I'm impressed with Nightbird. The paint job/deco is amazing and looks great.

Definitely an improvement over Moonracer and especially the slightly simplified Greenlight/Lancer. The backpack is much better and I don't see any negatives form lacking a combiner peg. Even though there is still some big chunks on the legs, it's still an improvement to move them higher up and to the back. They come off as some type of turbo boosters for quick dashes.

The car mode is all kinds of sexy Vehicon Batmobile. Again, an improvement over the Moonracer mold.

She does have a few negatives. The hips and thigh swivels are a little loose, but not to the point where she can't hold a pose. She also shares the same issue Chromia has with her panty drawers falling off. I may have to permanently glue those on. Having the vestigial second waist/crotch swivel isn't helping matters.

Overall quite pleased and happy with Nightbird ;)^

Re: Transformers Selects Kraken, Lobclaw, Encore Big Convoy Up For Pre Order in Australia (2037969)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 12th, 2019 @ 2:00pm CDT
carytheone wrote:Now to open Zetar 8-) <-- um wut? that's supposed to be the cool sunglasses :-? <-- that's not correct either?
Shows up as the cool sunglasses guy on my end.
Re: Transformers Selects Kraken, Lobclaw, Encore Big Convoy Up For Pre Order in Australia (2037970)
Posted by carytheone on September 12th, 2019 @ 2:13pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Shows up as the cool sunglasses guy on my end.
Sounds like an issue with my browser/OS.
weird_smileys.jpg

Thanks for the feedback, I just won't sweat it then.
Re: Transformers Selects Kraken, Lobclaw, Encore Big Convoy Up For Pre Order in Australia (2037974)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 12th, 2019 @ 2:26pm CDT
carytheone wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Shows up as the cool sunglasses guy on my end.
Sounds like an issue with my browser/OS.
weird_smileys.jpg

Thanks for the feedback, I just won't sweat it then.
Oh, I see, you meant the other cool sunglasses guy. Image
Re: Transformers Selects Kraken, Lobclaw, Encore Big Convoy Up For Pre Order in Australia (2037976)
Posted by carytheone on September 12th, 2019 @ 2:58pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Shows up as the cool sunglasses guy on my end.
Sounds like an issue with my browser/OS.
weird_smileys.jpg

Thanks for the feedback, I just won't sweat it then.
Oh, I see, you meant the other cool sunglasses guy. Image

How 'bout dat Nightbird eh?

Man I'm loving this figure, so much paint. Almost all black surfaces are painted, silver on the shins, chest and shoulders, purple torso with yellow accents and the weapons have a splash of color.

Articulation is a little limited in the legs, but the fenders can be moved around a bit. As pictured, I only do stoic A poses anyway 8-} The collar does hard limit the crazy amount of available neck movement as well.

Has anyone ever noticed the rear wheels seem like they are on backwards? Even though the wheels are mostly obscured in alt-mode the hollow inside just peeks out a bit.

They look good in bot mode, so I'm considering trying to flip them around. Also afraid of breaking my new play pretty Image
Re: Transformers Selects Kraken, Lobclaw, Encore Big Convoy Up For Pre Order in Australia (2037985)
Posted by Burn on September 12th, 2019 @ 4:32pm CDT
carytheone wrote:That's the one, seems like several are broken. Guess it's right click, copy image address, click 'img' button, ctrl-V ... oof so much work :BOOM:

You should see how much work it is to fix them, only for them to fuck up again. >:oP
Re: Transformers Selects Kraken, Lobclaw, Encore Big Convoy Up For Pre Order in Australia (2037987)
Posted by carytheone on September 12th, 2019 @ 4:58pm CDT
Decided to free Zetar and give him a spin. Really nice and fun deco and the drill is just great. His face is so funny and friendly looking.

"Well howdy partner?"

Go big or go home Image

Or just keep it weird 8-}

:lol: ;)^
Re: Transformers Selects Kraken, Lobclaw, Encore Big Convoy Up For Pre Order in Australia (2037989)
Posted by Burn on September 12th, 2019 @ 5:08pm CDT
Re: Transformers Selects Kraken, Lobclaw, Encore Big Convoy Up For Pre Order in Australia (2037994)
Posted by carytheone on September 12th, 2019 @ 5:23pm CDT
Burn wrote:If you've got Jetfire (and if you don't, you're dead to me) use his blast effects on him. They work great on Brunt as a Super Saiyan power up, they'd look just as good on this guy.
I'm confused, why would I be dead to you if I don't have Jetfire?

I'm not sure exacly how Super Saiyans look all powered up, but hows this float your dingy?

or this?

Re: Transformers Selects Kraken, Lobclaw, Encore Big Convoy Up For Pre Order in Australia (2038003)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 12th, 2019 @ 6:15pm CDT

So that's why you never respond to my messages >:oP

Zetar is fantastic, he is basically a gobot, and he is so fun
Re: Transformers Selects Kraken, Lobclaw, Encore Big Convoy Up For Pre Order in Australia (2038005)
Posted by Ironhidensh on September 12th, 2019 @ 6:30pm CDT

What if I have him, but I left all that extra junk in the box?

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #230 - The Search for Convoy
"The Search for Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 15th, 2019

Buy "TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON Dark Of The Moon DOTM Cyberverse Commander Class Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Legion Arcee 100% Complete RID Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander Bulkhead 100% Complete RID Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Cyberverse Commander Guzzle Complete DotM Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Wheeljack 100% Complete Hasbro 2010" on EBAY
Buy "2014 Transformers Generations 30th NIGHTBEAT IDW Comic series MIB" on EBAY
Buy "PLAYSKOOL HEROES TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS "HIGH TIDE" 3 1/2" ACTION FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS CYBERVERSE ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME & FUSION MACE MEGATRON" on EBAY