Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review!

Transformers News: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review!

Wednesday, January 16th, 2019 12:37AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: Wolfman Jake   Views: 18,707

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

TonTon is at it again! This time, Seibertron member Riley Hoffman was the one to alert us to the latest video review upload at TonTon Review on YouTube. The upcoming Transformer this time is the Deluxe Autobot Weaponizer Sixgun, slated for release soon in Wave 2 of the War for Cybertron: SIEGE line. Sixgun is classically a companion to Metroplex from the original G1 series. We get a look at the conversion of Sixgun from Cybertronian flying munitions platform to robot and back. TonTon gives us a few size comparisons in vehicle mode too. The most important part, though, is getting a look at how to disassemble Sixgun into armor and weapons to equip other figures. Almost as a teaser, TonTon shows us one possible configuration on Sixgun's wave mate, also of the second Deluxe Class assortment in SIEGE, Ironhide! Get a load of Sixgun and a taste of Ironhide for yourselves in the video below!



What do you think of this modern version of Sixgun? Will you be picking him up to complete your Transformers Generations: Thrilling 30 Titan Class Metroplex? Will you be picking up more than one to arm your Autobot army to the teeth? Tell us what you think in the comments below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news on all things Transformers!
Credit(s): Riley Hoffman
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review! (2004969)
Posted by leokearon on January 16th, 2019 @ 2:28am CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:TonTon is at it again! This time, Seibertron member Riley Hoffman was the one to alert us to the latest video review upload at TonTon Review on YouTube. The upcoming Transformer this time is the Deluxe Autobot Weaponizer Sixgun, slated for release soon in Wave 2 of the War for Cybertron: SIEGE line. Sixgun is classically a companion to Metroplex from the original G1 series. We get a look at the conversion of Sixgun from Cybertronian flying munitions platform to robot and back. TonTon gives us a few size comparisons in vehicle mode too. The most important part, though, is getting a look at how to disassemble Sixgun into armor and weapons to equip other figures. Almost as a teaser, TonTon shows us one possible configuration on Sixgun's wave mate, also of the second Deluxe Class assortment in SIEGE, Ironhide! Get a load of Sixgun and a taste of Ironhide for yourselves in the video below!



What do you think of this modern version of Sixgun? Will you be picking him up to complete your Transformers Generations: Thrilling 30 Titan Class Metroplex? Will you be picking up more than one to arm your Autobot army to the teeth? Tell us what you think in the comments below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news on all things Transformers!



How is this a review? There's no opinion, just a product demo
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review! (2004980)
Posted by Dannshinigami on January 16th, 2019 @ 5:29am CST
I want this even more now. Cant wait to try and combo him with cog
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review! (2004982)
Posted by leokearon on January 16th, 2019 @ 5:43am CST
Dannshinigami wrote:I want this even more now. Cant wait to try and combo him with cog


I want to see if there is a way to get him to work with Metroplex
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review! (2004983)
Posted by Dannshinigami on January 16th, 2019 @ 5:49am CST
Yeah forgot about Metroplex combos. He would prob work as turrets etc
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review! (2004988)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 16th, 2019 @ 6:26am CST
Can't wait for sixgun, he's the only one I'm affording myself from the wave 2 deluxes
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review! (2004991)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on January 16th, 2019 @ 6:50am CST
Finally got Cog yesterday, and initially I was pretty weirded out. But after playing with him for a bit, I like him him. I don’t love him, but I like him. He’s got a very G1 Comics vibe about him, with his paunch, stumpy frame.

I’m not a fan of how the shoulders are just 5mm pegs; but they’re secure, and given the gimmick I suppose wasn’t any other way to do it. I’m also not a fan of how gappy his upper back is, but I realize that’s also being nitpicky. Normally I’m not too hard on TFs with back gaps, but for some reason this one really stands out to me.

The whole Partsforming thing is kinda ghetto; I wish they’d designed him to transform with needing to be disassembled. I mean I know it’s the whole gimmick and all but partsforming isn’t transforming, and always feels like cheating to me. I hope it feels less out of place when we have Sixgun and Brunt in hand.

Vehicle mode I kinda dig though, it’s charming. The instructions have you put the arm cannons on the “cab” portion, but I prefer to put them on the “trailer” section. I think it helps sell the mobile weapons platform look, but it makes me wish he was a voyager class figure. (I’d post some photos but it’s being a bitch on my phone right now)

Right now it sounds like I’m bashing the little guy, but I do like him. I just want my grievances to be aired and discussed. :D

P.S. Oh and his guns are super cool, too bad the posts are really loose in the hands on mine.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review! (2004997)
Posted by hayden112100 on January 16th, 2019 @ 7:28am CST
My local walmart had all of the wave one deluxe class figures. I bought Sideswipe and he is great!
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review! (2005000)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 16th, 2019 @ 8:09am CST
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Finally got Cog yesterday, and initially I was pretty weirded out. But after playing with him for a bit, I like him him. I don’t love him, but I like him. He’s got a very G1 Comics vibe about him, with his paunch, stumpy frame.

I’m not a fan of how the shoulders are just 5mm pegs; but they’re secure, and given the gimmick I suppose wasn’t any other way to do it. I’m also not a fan of how gappy his upper back is, but I realize that’s also being nitpicky. Normally I’m not too hard on TFs with back gaps, but for some reason this one really stands out to me.

The whole Partsforming thing is kinda ghetto; I wish they’d designed him to transform with needing to be disassembled. I mean I know it’s the whole gimmick and all but partsforming isn’t transforming, and always feels like cheating to me. I hope it feels less out of place when we have Sixgun and Brunt in hand.

Vehicle mode I kinda dig though, it’s charming. The instructions have you put the arm cannons on the “cab” portion, but I prefer to put them on the “trailer” section. I think it helps sell the mobile weapons platform look, but it makes me wish he was a voyager class figure. (I’d post some photos but it’s being a bitch on my phone right now)

Right now it sounds like I’m bashing the little guy, but I do like him. I just want my grievances to be aired and discussed. :D

P.S. Oh and his guns are super cool, too bad the posts are really loose in the hands on mine.


I get where you are coming from. The transformation is typically the most appealing part of the toy for me. But for some reason, I really like Cog. Enough to get 3, well only because I was able to get them from HTS at $9 each. If I was limited to full price, then it would have been only 1.

For me, knowing that the weaponizers are largely going to be partsformers with a few little bits of transformation included, helped me reset my expectations for them. I know the transformation is going to be relatively boring, but the real fun for me is pulling him apart and enhancing other characters. I'll get some fun examples in photos and post them soon.

Weird thing on the hands. While the guns are pretty loose when he's holding them, especially the right hand, the same ports on the bottom of the hands are EXTREMELY tight. I messed around with my 3 Cogs to make an approximate Rack n Ruin, and used the ports on the bottom of the hands, and could barely get them to hold because it was so tight and caused some minor stress marks. It is almost like the 5mm ports in the hands are tapered or something.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review! (2005001)
Posted by william-james88 on January 16th, 2019 @ 8:17am CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Seibertron featuring the reviews (and thus giving them more hits) probably encourages the thefts further, to some degree

We dont know the facts, Hasbro keeps an eye on all our content, if there is something they would rather we not post they will let us know, as they have in the past for certain leaks.

Just to get our facts straight though, these toys have been in production for months now, as evident from the in package images we posted a month ago. If someone was actually stealing from the assemlby line, we wold have gotten these videos months ago instead of right before they are about to hit retail.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review! (2005003)
Posted by ThunderThruster on January 16th, 2019 @ 8:31am CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:For me, knowing that the weaponizers are largely going to be partsformers with a few little bits of transformation included, helped me reset my expectations for them. I know the transformation is going to be relatively boring, but the real fun for me is pulling him apart and enhancing other characters. I'll get some fun examples in photos and post them soon.


This covers my sentiment on Cog's partsforming. Would it have been nice to have an additional joint for the arms to move position without being unplugged for bot to alt mode? yes, but as is pointed out as he disassembles into parts for others to use, I can see why he doesn't have such a joint.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review! (2005006)
Posted by Ironhidensh on January 16th, 2019 @ 9:02am CST
Megatron is actually a pretty good figure. My only real complaint is the battle damage paint. I don't regret this purchase.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review! (2005016)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on January 16th, 2019 @ 10:18am CST
I found Megatron yesterday, he was the only one there, and it was like love at first sight. The colors were perfect, he looked perfect, and I wound up liking the battle damage paint a whole lot more than I did, it really helps what would be a bland figure. I didn't pick him up though, because I forgot my wallet when I found him, next time I go to Target, will definitely get him.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review! (2005025)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on January 16th, 2019 @ 12:14pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:I don't regret this purchase.


Ironhidensh, I think this is the highest praise I've ever seen you give a Transformers figure! :lol:
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review! (2005028)
Posted by Caelus on January 16th, 2019 @ 12:20pm CST
Probably goes without saying, but:

WFC:S Megatron's Fusion Cannon + TLK Megatron's Fire Effect = Awesome.

Everything pegs together so tightly, and Megs is so heavy with nice tight joints he can easily support the extra weight on his barrel.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review! (2005029)
Posted by Randomhero on January 16th, 2019 @ 12:28pm CST
What’s with the partsforming hate? Seriously it’s been around for 35 years. When did being negative about something that’s literally nothing become a dirty word? I don’t understand people who say complain about it. especially when the gimmick of weaponizers in their line is they come apart to become modular weapons and armor.
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review! (2005031)
Posted by william-james88 on January 16th, 2019 @ 12:31pm CST
Randomhero wrote:What’s with the partsforming hate? Seriously it’s been around for 35 years. When did being negative about something that’s literally nothing becuase a dirty words? I don’t understand people who say complain about it.!wspecially when the gimmick of weaponizers in their line is they come apart to become modular weapons and armor.

What are your favourite partsformers?
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review! (2005036)
Posted by Randomhero on January 16th, 2019 @ 1:21pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:What’s with the partsforming hate? Seriously it’s been around for 35 years. When did being negative about something that’s literally nothing becuase a dirty words? I don’t understand people who say complain about it.!wspecially when the gimmick of weaponizers in their line is they come apart to become modular weapons and armor.

What are your favourite partsformers?


The entire first year of 1984 except the minibots are partsformers. They all have parts that get removed and added on. It’s been a thing since day one. My favorite of all time will be optimus and Starscream.

I just don’t get it. I don’t understand why people act like parts forming is the worst or say it’s a deal breaker when some of the most beloved toys fall into that category especially when it comes to these figures. That’s their design. Theyre legitimately intended to come apart and rearrange
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review! (2005041)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 16th, 2019 @ 1:38pm CST
Randomhero wrote:What’s with the partsforming hate? Seriously it’s been around for 35 years. When did being negative about something that’s literally nothing become a dirty word? I don’t understand people who say complain about it. especially when the gimmick of weaponizers in their line is they come apart to become modular weapons and armor.


If this was in reply to my comments, then you completely missed my points, no hate for partsforming here. For me though, the transformation is the number one thing I look for in a normal transformers toy (gimmicks aside). I just prefer a great transformation over parts forming where applicable. The weaponizers however are really a different beast where partsforming is the basic idea and I think Cog was done really well (hence buying 3). I do like that they included some minor transformation steps for the legs and the torso, because without that, you basically have LEGOs (which I also like).
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review! (2005044)
Posted by william-james88 on January 16th, 2019 @ 1:59pm CST
Just curious, are partsformers a different category than armour pieces? Like POTP Rodimus Prime, is that a Parts Former? Feels like one to me, but then Magnus does not since he is a bot with armour.

Oh wait i think I just answered my own question
Re: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review! (2005051)
Posted by Caelus on January 16th, 2019 @ 2:22pm CST
I used to be bothered by partsforming, but then TF:AoE introduced the Lego Decepticons, and now I just think, 'Well, it could be worse.'

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #216 - Prime Galaxy
Twincast / Podcast #216:
"Prime Galaxy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, January 27th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Barricade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return TR Astrotrain 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Bumblebee & Blazemaster NIP" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hasbro Generations 30th Universe Deluxe Voyager BLITZWING Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers ASTROTRAIN Gen 1 with box and accessories G1 Hasbro 1985" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Voyager Class Brainstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Blurr w/cardback and instructions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Core Combiners Bombshock With Combaticons" on EBAY