Transformers Siege Leader Galaxy / Cybertron Optimus Prime Found at US Retail

Transformers News: Transformers Siege Leader Galaxy / Cybertron Optimus Prime Found at US Retail

Sunday, March 24th, 2019 5:47PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 18,103

Great news, Siege leader Cybertron Optimus Prime has been found in the US. he was found at a Walmart in Midland, MI. This toy is a heavy retool of leader Ultra Magnus. The figure's actual name is Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime, meaning this is still technically a G1 Optimus Prime figure, simply in an upgraded form, but that is merely the toy's bio and most fans see this as a Classics version of Cybertron / Galaxy Force Optimus Prime.

He retails for just shy of $50 USD. This sighting was sent to us by Manleybot who also spotted the latest Siege voyagers, Soundwave and Starscream, as well as the latest G1 minibot reissues, Warpath and Gears.

If you have found any of these, share your sightings with our community in the sightings section and on our boards in your region related thread.

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Siege Leader Galaxy / Cybertron Optimus Prime Found at US Retail (2015837)
Posted by bvzxa on March 24th, 2019 @ 6:03pm CDT
Just Got Leader Ultra Magnus...this must be a revision in the cases. Cool I will try to find one ASAP. Seeing how the base model Prime is in the IDW comic I want I want I want!!!
Re: Transformers Siege Leader Galaxy / Cybertron Optimus Prime Found at US Retail (2015846)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 24th, 2019 @ 6:37pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Well now, courtesy of Hasbro Pulse, we have the 2nd part to that interview, which includes some more details on how the figure got all the technical details as well as a size comparison to the Combiner Wars Devastator toy, who is pretty much dwarfed by his rival.

I wouldn't say that Omega Supreme "dwarfs" Devastator. He's just about a head taller, really. The height measurement of 24 inches that Hasbro is advertising is obviously referring to the wings on the back, which add a few inches in height. In terms of cartoon scale, again, looking at the height of the heads, this is actually pretty spot on.

Have you seen the bulk to Omega? It's not just the height difference, which is about 6" to the top of his rails, but also how much more bulky he is.

And dang, Galaxy Prime out already. He's like 3 or 4 months early
Re: Transformers Siege Leader Galaxy / Cybertron Optimus Prime Found at US Retail (2015853)
Posted by DeathReviews on March 24th, 2019 @ 7:03pm CDT
I found Soundwave and Starscream in a Walmart near my realm. But not "Galaxy" Optimus. Given all the other OP's I've had to review so far, I'd just as soon take a break from him for a while. ;)

And yeah - I don't classify Omega Supreme's wing-dings as being part of his 'height'. Otherwise, I could make TR Trypticon even taller than Omega by taking the tower/backpack section, extending the guns from them, and turning them so they point up.
Re: Transformers Siege Leader Galaxy / Cybertron Optimus Prime Found at US Retail (2015855)
Posted by Ravage2031 on March 24th, 2019 @ 7:19pm CDT
If I find him in store I'll buy him and not wait for the July 1st pre order. Unless you think Pulse and Amazon will have Prime in earlier.
Re: Transformers Siege Leader Galaxy / Cybertron Optimus Prime Found at US Retail (2015858)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on March 24th, 2019 @ 7:38pm CDT

Re: Transformers Siege Leader Galaxy / Cybertron Optimus Prime Found at US Retail (2015859)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on March 24th, 2019 @ 8:01pm CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:I got Sixshot today. Haven’t messed with the weaponizer gimmick yet, but he makes an awesome Goblin Glider.

I think you mean Sixgun. Sorry for correcting you ;)

Re: Transformers Siege Leader Galaxy / Cybertron Optimus Prime Found at US Retail (2015861)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on March 24th, 2019 @ 8:07pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:

I think you mean Sixgun. Sorry for correcting you ;)

Ha! Yes, Sixgun. The real question is, was that a mistake on my part or did my phone autocorrect to Sixshot. I mean, it’s not like I haven’t texted that name a million times.
Re: Transformers Siege Leader Galaxy / Cybertron Optimus Prime Found at US Retail (2015865)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 24th, 2019 @ 10:49pm CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:I got Sixgun today. Haven’t messed with the weaponizer gimmick yet, but he makes an awesome Goblin Glider.

Now he and Ironhide can fight Starscream on equal footing:

Re: Transformers Siege Leader Galaxy / Cybertron Optimus Prime Found at US Retail (2015869)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on March 24th, 2019 @ 11:42pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:When you have a chance to utilize his weaponizer gimmick, post some pics, I'd love to see those ;)

Sixgun weaponizing? In that case here, have this again:
Ironhide, Super Mode!.JPG

I greatly prefer using his torso bits as a Doomfist as opposed to guns and/or armor so far, I feel they work so much better that way.
Re: Transformers Siege Leader Galaxy / Cybertron Optimus Prime Found at US Retail (2015874)
Posted by Cyberpath on March 25th, 2019 @ 5:19am CDT
Re: Transformers Siege Leader Galaxy / Cybertron Optimus Prime Found at US Retail (2015879)
Posted by Cobotron on March 25th, 2019 @ 8:20am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:Finally got my first batch of SIEGE figures. Haven't had the time to really play with them yet. But I have a question about Cog, does he seriously not have individual thigh moment?

What do you mean , Cyb? Thigh swivel? He's got that.
That point of articulation aslo serves as the peg and port to attach and detach his legs for weaponizing.
Re: Transformers Siege Leader Galaxy / Cybertron Optimus Prime Found at US Retail (2015880)
Posted by carytheone on March 25th, 2019 @ 8:23am CDT
Cobotron wrote:
What do you mean , Cyb? Thigh swivel? He's got that.
Ninja'd as I got up to go check. But yup, he pretty much has just as much articulation as the rest of the Siege line.
Re: Transformers Siege Leader Galaxy / Cybertron Optimus Prime Found at US Retail (2015883)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 25th, 2019 @ 8:55am CDT
carytheone wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
What do you mean , Cyb? Thigh swivel? He's got that.

That doesn't sound like what he's talking about, it sounds like when he moves one leg forward both move at once, but I could be wrong :-?
Re: Transformers Siege Leader Galaxy / Cybertron Optimus Prime Found at US Retail (2015889)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on March 25th, 2019 @ 10:08am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
What do you mean , Cyb? Thigh swivel? He's got that.

Yep, that's what I thought he meant too :-?
Re: Transformers Siege Leader Galaxy / Cybertron Optimus Prime Found at US Retail (2015893)
Posted by Cobotron on March 25th, 2019 @ 10:50am CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
What do you mean , Cyb? Thigh swivel? He's got that.

Yep, that's what I thought he meant too :-?
Well, I'm at work and no longer in the Collect-O-Tron. I can't remember off the top of the noodle. Are Cog's hips fused? I still think they move independently.
Re: Transformers Siege Leader Galaxy / Cybertron Optimus Prime Found at US Retail (2015894)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 25th, 2019 @ 10:52am CDT
Cobotron wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
What do you mean , Cyb? Thigh swivel? He's got that.

Yep, that's what I thought he meant too :-?

They're supposed to, I think Cyb got a lemon :(
Re: Transformers Siege Leader Galaxy / Cybertron Optimus Prime Found at US Retail (2015897)
Posted by carytheone on March 25th, 2019 @ 11:08am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
What do you mean , Cyb? Thigh swivel? He's got that.

Yep, that's what I thought he meant too :-?
They're supposed to, I think Cyb got a lemon :(
Maybe? I checked mine and erryting moves independently. I wonder if the torso can be cracked open to take a look?

Ultra Magnus's hips/legs want to move together when you only move one (forward/backwards), but they are not fused. Feels like the connections are just squeezed together really tight. If that is the case with Cog might just require a little brute force to break the grip.
Re: Transformers Siege Leader Galaxy / Cybertron Optimus Prime Found at US Retail (2015901)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 25th, 2019 @ 11:15am CDT
carytheone wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
What do you mean , Cyb? Thigh swivel? He's got that.

Yep, that's what I thought he meant too :-?
They're supposed to, I think Cyb got a lemon :(

IIRC, when I first opened my Cog, his thighs were stuck moving only in conjunction with each other at first. I had to kind of wiggle them in opposing directions to get them to move freely and independently.
Re: Transformers Siege Leader Galaxy / Cybertron Optimus Prime Found at US Retail (2015922)
Posted by Cyberpath on March 25th, 2019 @ 2:28pm CDT
Sabr's right. I just didn't want to force it before checking with you guys. Thanks everyone!
Re: Transformers Siege Leader Galaxy / Cybertron Optimus Prime Found at US Retail (2015923)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 25th, 2019 @ 2:42pm CDT
I had time over the weekend to open up Siege Starscream and Soundwave. I love 'em both! I can't wait to get Thundercracker and Skywarp later. Starscream in robot mode looks fantastic standing next to Siege Megatron, Shockwave, and Soundwave. The tetra jet mode looks fine to me. The arms and legs tuck up underneath in person a little better than pictures have suggested. In particular, the wings come down almost flush with the bottom of the shins. Soundwave is great too, obviously. Robot mode is his best mode, far and away. The space barge is fine, but the lamppost is more just a cute nod to fans. It's barely transformed compared to the robot mode. My season 1 Decepticon shelf really starting to take shape now. I've got the Unite Warriors Constructicons lined up behind Megatron and his "generals." With the slight downsizing of Voyager size lately, the Constructicons all look nice and beefy compared to Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, and Shockwave, cementing them as the "enforcers" or "brutes" of the Decepticon army.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
"NYCC 2019"
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

Buy "Crosscut Thrilling 30 100% Complete Deluxe Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Chromia Thrilling 30 100% Complete Deluxe Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Movie Premier Edition Raptor Figure - Dinobot Slash" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2015 Transformers Burnout and Lift Ticket. New In Bag! NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Cody Burns Walker Cleveland Billy Blastoff Jack Tracker" on EBAY
Buy "2010 TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS BLURR Autobot Deluxe Class CHUG MOC NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations BLURR Complete Chug Classics Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 30th Generations COSMOS & PAYLOAD Minibot Legends Class Sealed NEW" on EBAY