Transformers News: Transformers Siege Official Transformation Videos for Astrotrain, Crosshairs, Barricade, Impactor

Friday, September 20th, 2019 11:12PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 23,604

Just in from In Demand Toys on Facebook are some official Hasbro transformation videos for some of the new Siege figures heading our way soon. Out of the four only Astrotrain and Impactor are completely brand new, with Barricade being a retool of the Prowl design and Crosshairs being a retool of Ironhide. Any fans on the fence about getting Crosshairs or Barricade should take a moment to watch these as they give great all around views of the figures and show just how different they are from their predecessors. As always enjoy the views and share your thoughts with the Seibertron crew in the forum, and stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!

Astrotrain

Crosshairs

Barricade

Impactor
Credit(s): In Demand Toys on Facebook
Re: Transformers Siege Official Transformation Videos for Astrotrain, Crosshairs, Barricade, Impactor (2039136)
Posted by Stargrave on September 22nd, 2019 @ 1:24am CDT
Soooo, uh...that was Astrotrain. :-?

I can't express how much I want to love that figure but I just can't get over how they handled, or maybe didn't handle, the rear end of that shuttle mode. I'm no toy designer BY FAR but, like, couldn't there be another couple panels there? Rats. The original was one of my faves as a kid the whole concept of a triple changer triple blew my mind.

And normally I dig these transformation videos but did anyone notice how fiddly the train mode seemed with this guy? I mean he didn't even get it to sit all flat on the surface before ending the video. I was like oh ok well, ok, it probably isn't supposed to do that but, ok.

This I have to unfortunately say I'm gonna have to pass on. Maybe discounted deep but otherwise, can't do it. His guns look freaking rad but the rest just isn't there for me. And the backpack? You mean the empty box? :lol: I'm sorry I can't help it. It couldn't maybe fold a little into some ... something? No just a three sided hollow box for...armor?

It's probably super train armor, the most loco of all known armors :lol:
Re: Transformers Siege Official Transformation Videos for Astrotrain, Crosshairs, Barricade, Impactor (2039138)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 22nd, 2019 @ 4:12am CDT
The box does combine for a sweet gun mode though
Re: Transformers Siege Official Transformation Videos for Astrotrain, Crosshairs, Barricade, Impactor (2039150)
Posted by Stargrave on September 22nd, 2019 @ 9:07am CDT
Re: Transformers Siege Official Transformation Videos for Astrotrain, Crosshairs, Barricade, Impactor (2039187)
Posted by Stargrave on September 22nd, 2019 @ 1:05pm CDT
Oh this will definitely be attempted
Re: Transformers Siege Official Transformation Videos for Astrotrain, Crosshairs, Barricade, Impactor (2039188)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 22nd, 2019 @ 1:09pm CDT
Stargrave wrote:You know what I forgot about that in the moment! That does look pretty awesome I wish they'd included that in the video. His guns looks suh-weeeeet. He's like the Decepticon weapon's supplier now ;)

New headcannon, swindle sells the weapons, Astrotrain delivers, an awesome partnership
Re: Transformers Siege Official Transformation Videos for Astrotrain, Crosshairs, Barricade, Impactor (2039190)
Posted by wolverinetodd on September 22nd, 2019 @ 1:15pm CDT
Re: Transformers Siege Official Transformation Videos for Astrotrain, Crosshairs, Barricade, Impactor (2039191)
Posted by Stargrave on September 22nd, 2019 @ 1:15pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

YES! I love that. He's a gun runner. Perfect alt mode for it.
Re: Transformers Siege Official Transformation Videos for Astrotrain, Crosshairs, Barricade, Impactor (2039192)
Posted by Stargrave on September 22nd, 2019 @ 1:17pm CDT
wolverinetodd wrote:I noticed on Impactor's alt mode that the person wasn't successful in tabbing the flipped up chest panel into its folded in arms. Worse was that the person didn't even go back and try to do it once the "treads" were all flipped into place, leaving the tabs quite noticeable after fully transformed into alt mode. I truly hope this is more of a "passed over" incident for the short vid and not an issue for the actual figure.

If they're trying to nudge in on the video reviewer 'joy of watching someone transformer a Transformer you don't have' market they do need to step up their game just a hair. To be so precise with all the movements of the parts to then not tab it all in properly is kinda, ehhhh, come on now :lol:
Re: Transformers Siege Official Transformation Videos for Astrotrain, Crosshairs, Barricade, Impactor (2039195)
Posted by wolverinetodd on September 22nd, 2019 @ 1:26pm CDT
Stargrave wrote:Soooo, uh...that was Astrotrain. :-?

It's probably super train armor, the most loco of all known armors :lol:

While I too am not a fan of the "coal car" becoming a box on Astrotrain's back, I think because of all the hinges on it that the sides can be folded flat against Astrotrain's back. Still annoying, but perhaps not as big of a backpack eyesore.

But in all honesty, I really wish the engineers at Hasbro could've figured out a way to not have the "coal car" (of course that means no launchpad for shuttle mode). Instead they could've used that amount of plastic to cover that gap towards the end in shuttle mode. It would've taken less plastic and still could've fit on Astrotrain's back (if it were not attached permanently) without being too obnoxious of a backpack. But I guess they needed to leave something for those geniuses over at Shapeways to do Hasbro's job for them.
Re: Transformers Siege Official Transformation Videos for Astrotrain, Crosshairs, Barricade, Impactor (2039198)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 22nd, 2019 @ 2:43pm CDT
Attention all UK Seibertronians! Thanks to the efforts of fellow Seibertron users, blackeyedprime and eltawater, we bring you news that Commander Class Jetfire is now £61.45 on Amazon.co.uk!

This is a saving of £17.33 of his regular retail price of £78.78. At the time of writing, the listing says that he is temporarily out of stock but will be dispatched as soon as he's available. This is a great opportunity to jump on this figure and add him to your collections.

Will you be taking a chance at this price? Will Jetfire soon be gracing your shelves? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Re: Transformers Siege Official Transformation Videos for Astrotrain, Crosshairs, Barricade, Impactor (2039208)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 22nd, 2019 @ 3:58pm CDT

Titan Town 1.jpg

Titan Town 3.jpg
Re: Transformers Siege Official Transformation Videos for Astrotrain, Crosshairs, Barricade, Impactor (2039235)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 22nd, 2019 @ 9:07pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I'm going by the Pulse pre-orders, which have a pre-order date of 1/1/2020.

Astrotrain is the only one with that release date, I just double-checked. Spinister, Crosshairs, and Apeface are all slated for December 1st, and I feel like all of the retail Siege stuff has shown up at brick and mortar before shipping from Pulse anyway. I can only assume that Rung and such will be out around there as well, and given past years where new line Wave 1's have shown up in November/December at some stores, I'm expecting all of them to probably show up at brick and mortar in Novemberish.

I'm expecting first sightings to be in November, but they will be elusive through December and into january.

And i highly doubt they can pull off 5 waves in a year without wave 5 taking up the wave 1 2020 slot. That's just gonna be a mess where people miss out.
Sabrblade wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
o.supreme wrote: Anyone know of any other Siege figures that has had seemingly lesser quantities produced?

I would assume leader Galaxy Optimus. But since demand is low, the after market price may not be that high.

It's possible, but its also still available at regular price on Pulse and most other sites. But demand as you say may be a factor as well.
My guess is when people found out how much they liked Smashdown, they jumped all over that figure and turned it into a hot ticket item, making it harder for the rest of us who haven't gotten one yet to get one at normal price.

I mean, I did buy 5, and show them off for a month, and witnessed people on this site and Twitter buy multiples after I did, and there have been a decent number of mjolmir customs from her as well.

P.S.: TF Card Game did name Smashdown a her. I'm going with that.
Re: Transformers Siege Official Transformation Videos for Astrotrain, Crosshairs, Barricade, Impactor (2039238)
Posted by emlit on September 22nd, 2019 @ 9:15pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:So here are a couple of shots with Omega Supreme in a super-duper mega city with all the titans and Titan's Return/Legends leaders with base modes. I'll throw some more pics and details of what I have crammed together in the Awesome Pictures and Poses thread since it crosses over so many toy lines.

Oh, bro. As much as I like TF, and as great as that cityscape is (it really is), blocking that pool table makes me sad :(
Re: Transformers Siege Official Transformation Videos for Astrotrain, Crosshairs, Barricade, Impactor (2039264)
Posted by Stargrave on September 22nd, 2019 @ 11:22pm CDT

P.S.: TF Card Game did name Smashdown a her. I'm going with that.

Uhhh that's kind of a way good point now that you mention it :lol: :lol: that did all happen after you hammered us with Smashdown pics. Dude, you trend setter!
Re: Transformers Siege Official Transformation Videos for Astrotrain, Crosshairs, Barricade, Impactor (2039268)
Posted by Stargrave on September 23rd, 2019 @ 1:15am CDT
Refraktors docking: complete.
Re: Transformers Siege Official Transformation Videos for Astrotrain, Crosshairs, Barricade, Impactor (2039270)
Posted by Deadput on September 23rd, 2019 @ 1:39am CDT
Stargrave wrote:Refraktors docking: complete.

Well now that's pretty intimidating, wonder if there is any way to fit Soundwave in there somewhere.
Re: Transformers Siege Official Transformation Videos for Astrotrain, Crosshairs, Barricade, Impactor (2039271)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 23rd, 2019 @ 2:03am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:

Sabrblade wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

P.S.: TF Card Game did name Smashdown a her. I'm going with that.

Yes, and thanks to you I now think of Smashdown as a her
Re: Transformers Siege Official Transformation Videos for Astrotrain, Crosshairs, Barricade, Impactor (2039288)
Posted by wolverinetodd on September 23rd, 2019 @ 8:46am CDT
william-james88 wrote:We have some Transformers Seige War For Cybertron news for you today. Rob Springer found some listings on the Walgreens computer. Firstly, we see the War for Cybertron Siege assortment, which has a retail price of $17.99 USD. This is not the MSRP, this is simply what Walgreens chooses to sell them for in their store.

There is also a listing for deluxe Ratchet and this one is both outside the assortment and priced at $19.99. This gives a pretty good hint that like Wreck Gar, who was also singled out on the Walgreens database, Ratchet will be an exclusive figure.

We also see Walgreen's cost for these figures, which is over $13, meaning they are making less than $5 per deluxe sold at full price.

I keep searching the internet as to when Siege Ratchet is expected to hit Walgreens and one link brought me back to here. That's when I noticed the date of this post. It's literally been a year since news broke that Siege Ratchet would be released as a Walgreens exclusive and it's yet to hit the Walgreens stores. Does that sound a bit crazy that it's taking this long and still nothing in Walgreens?
Re: Transformers Siege Official Transformation Videos for Astrotrain, Crosshairs, Barricade, Impactor (2039290)
Posted by Stargrave on September 23rd, 2019 @ 9:04am CDT
I just popped into my local Walgreens last night to check and see if Ratchet popped up but no luck.

I was super surprised to find a Refraktor , a Red Alert, and a Brunt.

The employee there said that they’re getting their Christmas stuff out now so they keep checking back in the next few weeks.

I’m definitely itching to get a Ratchet I can’t believe it’s been that long!
Re: Transformers Siege Official Transformation Videos for Astrotrain, Crosshairs, Barricade, Impactor (2039292)
Posted by mordhelm on September 23rd, 2019 @ 9:11am CDT
Keep calm about Ratchet guys. The Walgreens exclusive generations figures don't even hit saturation till around Thanksgiving or later. Now that the stores are starting to roll out the Christmas stock, it's not a bad idea to look. But don't go out of your way. This is just how it has been each year. If you don't find one by the first week in December, then you have my permission to panic.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
"NYCC 2019"
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

Buy "BRAND NEW TRANSFORMERS NEMESIS PRIME POWER OF THE PRIMES AMAZON EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Decepticon Stinger Plush Stuffed Figure 16" AR175" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Adventure Steeljaw (Robots in Disguise)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2014 Age of Extinction Legends Legion Strafe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 4 Generations AOE Voyager DINOBOT SLOG " on EBAY
Buy "NEW Takara Tomy Hasbro TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee Movie Studio Series Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction AD26 Lockdown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Amazon Exclusive Powerdasher Aragon ONLY" on EBAY