Transformers Siege Wave 2 Deluxes Being Found Across the Globe

Transformers News: Transformers Siege Wave 2 Deluxes Being Found Across the Globe

Wednesday, March 27th, 2019 12:23PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 10,964

April 1st, the first day of the year's second quarter is right at our doorstep and thus the second wave of Transformers Siege is popping up across the globe. While it was found in the US a little while back, the toys are now being shipped from Chinese retailers (like Robot Kingdom), and found in Canada, Australia and Europe (specifically Germany).

The Canadian sighting found below is provided by your's truly where the deluxes were spotted at an EB Games store in Montreal. They retailed for 29.99 CAD (26.99 with Edge card). In Germany, the deluxes were found in Real supermarkets in the city of Braunschweig.

While not deluxes, wave 2 is creeping up in other European countries as well, like Hungary where they now have the Battle Masters and and Micro Masters.

In Australia, we have a sighting for wave 2 deluxes found at Toyworld, a collectables store which has been getting all the Siege line before bigger stores.

Credit(s): links to each sighting found in article
Re: Transformers Siege Wave 2 Deluxes Being Found Across the Globe (2016153)
Posted by Randomhero on March 27th, 2019 @ 12:32pm CDT
Re: Transformers Siege Wave 2 Deluxes Being Found Across the Globe (2016155)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on March 27th, 2019 @ 12:43pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:I manage to find all of wave 2 over the passed couple weeks. One of my friends doesn’t make it to the city often(he lives about 30 minutes away) so I went out to see if anything was getting restocked. One Walmart I went to had over 30 deluxes of wave 2 on the top shelf! It was insane

Same story here, managed to find everyone in the last week or so. I'm so glad the distribution is way better this time, as I didn't have this much luck with POTP
Re: Transformers Siege Wave 2 Deluxes Being Found Across the Globe (2016160)
Posted by Flashwave on March 27th, 2019 @ 1:22pm CDT
So, yesterday I got Prowl and Ironhide in the mail. Of the two, Ironhide was my most anticipated, and while I quite like his boxy bot mode, as a whole this still isnt the Ironhide I wanted. My figure has the loose right leg flap, but both panels tab in nice enough. It looks lime the hing part was cast too wide to hold the plastic nubs in.

Anyway,

Comparison with Timelines Ironhide from the Energon Tow Line mold.

Now, I'm not saying the Energon mold is the greatest thing ever, it certainly has some wonky proportions, spindly thighs, a too round head and Van mode, but pound for pound this does everything one could want out of a G1 Ironhide remake: battle sled, gun ports, seperate robot mode, and I stand vy my argument that this is the best remake Ironhide we have up til Siege. Certainly better than the Ubiverse mold, whose vehicle had more panel gaps than a shattered mirror.

Is it better than Siege? Not in Bot mode, but the Jury is out for me on Vehicle mode. For all of its touting about "Choose your Weapon Loadout", Siege has been very hard for me to find weapons I like. True, I am using old toyline guns and Hasbro can't be fairly judged for not bring baclwards compatible with every gun they ever made, but the 5mm peg os standard for a lot of things and I cant be the only one using old toy guns.

The guns I am using for Ironhides past and present are a gun from one of the CW Jets with the propellant tank, and the two cannons from Prime Kup, intended for an Ironhide release that never came. Of those, the CW Gun looks great, but the Prime Cannons are not only small looking, but they are loose in his pegholes. They hold well enough for static display, but they fall outV despite being snug on every other figure including Timelines 'Hide. And in vehicle mode, Ironhide doesnt have a lot of usable 5mm ports. The 4 in top are great except if you put the rocket launcher in one you block the other behind it. There are no ports on the side. With Timelines Ironhide, I could swing those canjons backwards and make them rockets. Not so much here.

Thanks to Chuckdawg's review, for showing me the hidden side ports. If the cannons were longer, they could look really good there, but its not a bad look.

Still, I can't say I am dissappointed by Ironhide, even paying a bit extra for shipping, its still a good toy, and the store I bought it from was a local toy shop, so yay for supporting small businesses!

Re: Transformers Siege Wave 2 Deluxes Being Found Across the Globe (2016162)
Posted by Randomhero on March 27th, 2019 @ 1:37pm CDT
You’re transforming his chest wrong. You have to hinge it down and there’s grooves inside otherwise the top goes over his chin like in your photos
Re: Transformers Siege Wave 2 Deluxes Being Found Across the Globe (2016176)
Posted by Emerje on March 27th, 2019 @ 3:51pm CDT
Aimless Misfire wrote:An absolutely horrible update to my favorite Prime of all time. This abomination sucks in every way.

It isn't an update in any way, it's a homage. It's just a call back to the original, but only partial since the smaller bot mode looks nothing like the Cybertron figure. In the end it's still G1 Prime with someone else's gimmick just like how Siege Ultra Magnus is G1 Magnus with RID Magnus' alt mode.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Siege Wave 2 Deluxes Being Found Across the Globe (2016178)
Posted by Randomhero on March 27th, 2019 @ 4:51pm CDT
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Don’t bother dude. He’s troll. He hops sites and just bashes everything. He’s not here to make a conversation, or partake in the communities. Just trolls and leaves and heads to tfw2005 to do the same thing. Just ignore him. That’s what everyone else tries to do. Entire pages have been removed due to his contributions to forums becuase he trolls and starts arguments

It’s not worth it
Re: Transformers Siege Wave 2 Deluxes Being Found Across the Globe (2016181)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 27th, 2019 @ 5:24pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:

In the Twin Cities area, it seems the Walmarts only got one case each of Deluxe Siege Wave 2. Once they were gone, that was it. The pegs have been bare for weeks. Just last week, stores again got ONE case of Voyager Siege Wave 2, and now those are drying up with nothing left to restock. If other Walmarts around the country have plenty of figures, I think we can safely blame any lack in other areas to Walmart's stupid inventory tracking and supply distribution?
Re: Transformers Siege Wave 2 Deluxes Being Found Across the Globe (2016188)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on March 27th, 2019 @ 6:00pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:

Now, my Walmarts aren't really stocked, like each store will have 1 or 2 of each case, so that means about 1 or 2 deluxes of each character on the shelves. Voyagers are a little weird where one Walmart will have all the voyagers, but no deluxes, and another would be the exact opposite.

What I meant in replying was that I at least found everyone, but it wasn't all in one store, so driving to the next one was necessary.

In any case, I really hope you find who you are looking for. As you already know, Siege is filled with all of these great figures, and I would hate to have someone miss out on what they want.

Re: Transformers Siege Wave 2 Deluxes Being Found Across the Globe (2016194)
Posted by Randomhero on March 27th, 2019 @ 6:56pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:

Personally I think Prowl might be the my favorite out of the the wave. He’s duking it out with ironhide but I’ll admit his flaws bring him down just a notch. Prowl is much better in person than what photos are doing for the guy.
Re: Transformers Siege Wave 2 Deluxes Being Found Across the Globe (2016195)
Posted by o.supreme on March 27th, 2019 @ 7:01pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:So, has anybody tried weaponizing your weaponizes yet? Who wears who better? My vote is for Cog and his boob guns.

20190325_172916.jpg

Nice. If I ever see wave 2 Siege in my area, I'll let you know, but yeah, I wanted to weaponize my weaponizes ;) . Ideally though, I cant wait to finally put these guys with the Titans they were meant to be with. Haven't seen anyone post pics of that yet. Hopefully I can if I ever see Six-Gun

I'm on a business trip right now, where I found Six-gun. As soon as I get home, I'll snap some with Cog and Fort Max, and Sixgun and Metroplex.

Thanks, I'm sure your pics will be much better/more creative, but for now, I did manage to see wave 2 begin to hit my area. Managed to get Six-Gun. Now...at long last...

Titan Companions' Return

Re: Transformers Siege Wave 2 Deluxes Being Found Across the Globe (2016209)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2019 @ 8:31pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Additionally, if anyone at Hasbro sees this. If they want to take an extra $40 from me, with some easy repaints, Select Series Metroshot and The Red and Gray "Cog" that homages Grand Maximus would be greatly welcomed
Grand's Cog is green and red, though.
Re: Transformers Siege Wave 2 Deluxes Being Found Across the Globe (2016210)
Posted by o.supreme on March 27th, 2019 @ 8:43pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Grand's Cog is green and red, though.

My bad...its just in this pic it looks gray...whatever the case, a selects release would be awesome

Re: Transformers Siege Wave 2 Deluxes Being Found Across the Globe (2016211)
Posted by Flashwave on March 27th, 2019 @ 8:44pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:

I think Sige Prowl IS better tham the pictures, but those thighs are spinly, and we have had too many car guys over the years with the collapsing leg trick for that to be excusable. I also really dont like the car without the Lightbar, so while I am excited for Barricade in some ways, i am also less thrilled for Streak and the potential Smokescreen.

I think i am gonna end up givong Barricadr thr bigger of thr teo guns from the Generations Skids mold. Not sure if I will give him the grey skids gun, the one that came with Crosscut, or the purple gun from AOE Rollbar. The Purple might match best, or I could paint one.
Re: Transformers Siege Wave 2 Deluxes Being Found Across the Globe (2016212)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2019 @ 8:49pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Grand's Cog is green and red, though.

Faded old stock photos make colors look washed out. Ryan's in-hand photo gallery does much better justice for the colors. :D
Re: Transformers Siege Wave 2 Deluxes Being Found Across the Globe (2016218)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 27th, 2019 @ 10:42pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:P.S., after seeing Siege Prowl in stores, I really have to ask, do his proportions really bother you? He looks perfectly fine, and even better knowing that this is Prowl. I will admit that Barricade looks better though, as I like the black and purple combination, but Prowl is still a great looking mold ;)^

Prowl is indeed a very good mold, and much better in person than stock photos would have you believe. I also don't think his proportions are all that off either. My only gripe is that he could use some more/different paint apps. Bring on the rest of the Datsun Bros.!
Re: Transformers Siege Wave 2 Deluxes Being Found Across the Globe (2016233)
Posted by Randomhero on March 28th, 2019 @ 7:04am CDT
Flashwave wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:

Yes we have but we haven’t had cars that legs transform like Prowls. That’s the thing. A lot of bots who turn into cars legs just fold over the back of the thighs where prowl transforms not unlike the original prowl or a lot of Binaltech figures who’s legs weren’t very thick where the legs collapse. I mean you look at the inside
If his altmode, there’s not a lot of room in there when transformed.

I see the gripe and criticism from people and maybe I’m just happy to have a prowl that doesn’t suffer from sticky paint syndrome but nothing about him bothers me.
Re: Transformers Siege Wave 2 Deluxes Being Found Across the Globe (2016234)
Posted by sol magnus on March 28th, 2019 @ 7:48am CDT
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Which, I for one, actually enjoy.
Re: Transformers Siege Wave 2 Deluxes Being Found Across the Globe (2016244)
Posted by Albatross250 on March 28th, 2019 @ 9:14am CDT
Theres Cog, Sixgun, and Brunt

i wonder what will they do to Fasttrack and Slammer? :-? :???:
Re: Transformers Siege Wave 2 Deluxes Being Found Across the Globe (2016247)
Posted by mordhelm on March 28th, 2019 @ 9:36am CDT
Slammer makes sense as quick retool or repaint of Brunt. I could see Fasttrack as a retool/combo of sixgun and Cog. But I surmise that Fasttrack will be packed with scorponok. So next summer at the earliest
Re: Transformers Siege Wave 2 Deluxes Being Found Across the Globe (2016260)
Posted by o.supreme on March 28th, 2019 @ 11:23am CDT
As previously stated yesterday was my first sightings of wave 2. I managed to see at least one of all the deluxes, and one Starscream between the stores I went to. Additionally, I've seen quite a bit of Aimless in stores, but no Pteraxadon. It's like people are going through and just getting him. I went to 2 Targets and a Walmart yesterday. All 3 had plenty of wave 1 (Lionizer, Firedrive and Blowpipe), & Aimless from wave 2...I'm sure some of them are *whatever* battle master is repacked from W1 into W2...But it was still puzzling nonetheless.

I'm mostly getting them for my son, so I'll admit I'm not the best at identifying them, especially since some of the humanoid ones look so similar. Other than the fire blasts, I wish Hasbro would have tried a little harder with color coordination (other than swapping them) to make them standout somehow.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #221 - Appliance Wars
"Appliance Wars"
Posted: Sunday, April 14th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Generations Shrapnel Bombshell & Kickback Legends Insecticon Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Medix The Docbot Action Figure 3-7 Age" on EBAY
Buy "Fortress Maximus Transformers Legends LG31 Total Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Wars Titans Return Repugnus Dastard Solus Prime Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "MISB Perfect Effect PC14 PC-14 Transformers Fortress Maximus The Titans Cannon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Chromedome Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Kup Complete w/ Targetmaster Upgrade" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: DOUBLECROSS (TWINFERNO) w/ Daburu Titans Return Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY