Transformers News: Transformers Studio Series 2020 Wave 1 Deluxe Class  Revealed at Unboxing Toy Convention In Mexico

Saturday, August 3rd, 2019 5:31PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 26,630

Greetings Seibertronians! Straight from the Unboxing Toy Convention in Mexico, we have our first look at the 2020 Wave 1 Deluxe Class releases! We were alerted to this news from fellow Seibertron users Skycutter and EvasionModeBumblebee.

The toys revealed are:

Transformers 2007 Bumblebee

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Arcee Triplets

Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundwave with Lazerbeak

Transformers The Last Knight WW2 Hot Rod

Bumblebee is a complete new mold and comes with his battle mask and arm blaster. The Arcee Triplets come as a three pack, sold as a single Deluxe price point so will be smaller but vehicles should scale. Soundwave is another new mold, along with his minion Lazerbeak. Hot Rod appears to be a retool of the previous release of WW2 Bumblebee, also featured in the flashback scene of The Last Knight.

What do you think of these reveals? Which one are you aiming to get? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Credit(s): Skycutter, EvasionModeBumblebee from Seibertron, Unboxing Toy Convention Facebook Page
Re: Transformers Studio Series 2020 Wave 1 Deluxe Class Revealed at Unboxing Toy Convention In Mexico (2033094)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 3rd, 2019 @ 5:38pm CDT
WW2 Hot Rod, Soundwave, and the Arcee Sisters are VERY tempting.

I'm not much for Studio Series usually, but man, 3 wants in one go is very sweet. Especially if they come on the shelves all at the same time.

I will see them on Toys R Us shelves... in 2021.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 2020 Wave 1 Deluxe Class Revealed at Unboxing Toy Convention In Mexico (2033095)
Posted by skycutter on August 3rd, 2019 @ 5:43pm CDT
Re: Transformers Studio Series 2020 Wave 1 Deluxe Class Revealed at Unboxing Toy Convention In Mexico (2033096)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 3rd, 2019 @ 5:58pm CDT
skycutter wrote:there are offical picture without the lighting, and offical look at the products in person

If you know where those pictures are, just post them.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 2020 Wave 1 Deluxe Class Revealed at Unboxing Toy Convention In Mexico (2033097)
Posted by skycutter on August 3rd, 2019 @ 6:03pm CDT
Image Image Image Image never posted pic on here before but this should be the official product shot
Re: Transformers Studio Series 2020 Wave 1 Deluxe Class Revealed at Unboxing Toy Convention In Mexico (2033098)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on August 3rd, 2019 @ 6:06pm CDT

Where is the 2019 Wave 4 though? Why have we STILL not seen it?
Re: Transformers Studio Series 2020 Wave 1 Deluxe Class Revealed at Unboxing Toy Convention In Mexico (2033099)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 3rd, 2019 @ 6:07pm CDT
skycutter wrote:    never posted pic on here before but this should be the official product shot

You need to post the full URL of the pictures between the brackets.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 2020 Wave 1 Deluxe Class Revealed at Unboxing Toy Convention In Mexico (2033100)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 3rd, 2019 @ 6:08pm CDT

Right here.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 2020 Wave 1 Deluxe Class Revealed at Unboxing Toy Convention In Mexico (2033103)
Posted by blackeyedprime on August 3rd, 2019 @ 6:29pm CDT
Will have to wait and see if the bike triplets can combine (I like the idea of the tripple pack and price point and wish it had been applied to legends sized reflektors/voyager price in siege), ww2 notrod is a buy. Soundwaves likely and Bee is a pass.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 2020 Wave 1 Deluxe Class Revealed at Unboxing Toy Convention In Mexico (2033104)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on August 3rd, 2019 @ 6:40pm CDT
Triplets & Soundwave are both definite buys for me. Hot Rod is a we'll see, and straight pass on Bee, and judging by everyone else's reactions, he'll shelfwarm like crazy.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 2020 Wave 1 Deluxe Class Revealed at Unboxing Toy Convention In Mexico (2033107)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on August 3rd, 2019 @ 7:02pm CDT
Bumblebee will be bought on sight, I’ll definitely be getting Soundwave at some point, and probably the Arcees (I’m impressed with how much detail they have and that they’re all seperate molds). Pass on WWII Hot Rod, but the rest of the wave looks awesome so far.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 2020 Wave 1 Deluxe Class Revealed at Unboxing Toy Convention In Mexico (2033108)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on August 3rd, 2019 @ 7:06pm CDT
So heads-up, these figures are all already up for pre-order on BBTS: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?HideSoldOut=true&PageSize=50&SortOrder=New&Series=13851

This also means we get to see the numbering for them though, and now I'm even more confused: Is there NO Wave 4 for this year? If the numbers are right, there's a whole 1 figure in-between the currently-releasing wave with Hightower and these new figures, which could easily be the Leader Megs repaint.

In unrelated news, I found Hightower on accident today, so another SS Con family photo is coming soon.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 2020 Wave 1 Deluxe Class Revealed at Unboxing Toy Convention In Mexico (2033111)
Posted by mooseastig on August 3rd, 2019 @ 7:28pm CDT
Still ugly as ever. #-o
Re: Transformers Studio Series 2020 Wave 1 Deluxe Class Revealed at Unboxing Toy Convention In Mexico (2033112)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on August 3rd, 2019 @ 7:30pm CDT
I'll get the triplets if they can combine.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 2020 Wave 1 Deluxe Class Revealed at Unboxing Toy Convention In Mexico (2033113)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on August 3rd, 2019 @ 7:50pm CDT
Hasbro Pulse now has them for preorder as well.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 2020 Wave 1 Deluxe Class Revealed at Unboxing Toy Convention In Mexico (2033115)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on August 3rd, 2019 @ 8:15pm CDT
I may just be getting the whole wave. Hot Rod's gonna be his current stand in until a new figure is released, Bee is the Camaro I've been waiting for, and Soundwave will save me time and money trying to hunt down the HA figure. The only ones that are a maybe are the Triplets. If they combine, then yes, but if not then I'll pass. I guess this makes up for the lack of reveals at SDCC? :lol:
Re: Transformers Studio Series 2020 Wave 1 Deluxe Class Revealed at Unboxing Toy Convention In Mexico (2033117)
Posted by william-james88 on August 3rd, 2019 @ 9:16pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:Bumblebee is an immediate no, we don't need more Bees. The bike triplets are also a pass, the 3-for-1 is tempting but I don't like all three of their designs and have no attachments to them as characters. Soundwave looks great, I'll absolutely get it even though I prefer the design as a separate character (I'm going to call him Dischord). WW2 Hot Rod, at first my response was "Eh, cool I guess", but the more I look at him, the more I want him. He doesn't just have the new head and chest, it looks like he has new shoulders and some remolding to the car shell as well, plus his WW2 gun that looks close enough to his time gun to pretend. I think I'm going to get him and call him by his early development name of Sidekick, because that's hilarious.

Where is the 2019 Wave 4 though? Why have we STILL not seen it?

Who ever said there was a wave 4? This line never went according to standards anyway.

Here is the list if deluxes in order if you want: https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Studio_Series
Re: Transformers Studio Series 2020 Wave 1 Deluxe Class Revealed at Unboxing Toy Convention In Mexico (2033118)
Posted by william-james88 on August 3rd, 2019 @ 9:17pm CDT
Wireless_Phantom wrote:I'll get the triplets if they can combine.

Well then you wont get them cause they cant.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 2020 Wave 1 Deluxe Class Revealed at Unboxing Toy Convention In Mexico (2033119)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on August 3rd, 2019 @ 9:41pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Where is the 2019 Wave 4 though? Why have we STILL not seen it?

I'd already come to the conclusion that there must not be one had you read my post after that one, but thanks for playing nonetheless. ;)
Re: Transformers Studio Series 2020 Wave 1 Deluxe Class Revealed at Unboxing Toy Convention In Mexico (2033120)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 3rd, 2019 @ 9:51pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Wireless_Phantom wrote:I'll get the triplets if they can combine.

Well then you wont get them cause they cant.

Maybe the whole combine thing was just a concept that was scrapped at the last minute, way back in 2009-ish.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 2020 Wave 1 Deluxe Class Revealed at Unboxing Toy Convention In Mexico (2033121)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on August 3rd, 2019 @ 10:00pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Wireless_Phantom wrote:I'll get the triplets if they can combine.

Well then you wont get them cause they cant.

It was. Elita One was supposedly going to be a new mold that combined with Arcee and Chromia, but wound up just being a repainted Chromia.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #228 - Afterthoughts
"Afterthoughts"
Posted: Monday, August 12th, 2019

Buy "Medal, Coin, Transformers Barricade Commemorative Medal COIN" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind and Darkwing" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Trypticon Brunt Front Section Hasbro part original 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Trypticon Brunt Right Tread 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Trypticon Brunt Left And Right Tread 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers g1 reissue walmart Minibot Bumblebee,outback,tailgate,swerve...." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Scrapmetal Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Premiere Deluxe WWII BUMBLEBEE (26) Brand New HTF" on EBAY