Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime Video Review

Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime Video Review

Thursday, August 1st, 2019 10:06pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 18,047

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks again to YouTuber PrimeVsPrime we have a video review of Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime! Yes, it's a fully loaded weapons ring, it's also a jetpack, and I believe the fine print in the instructions mentions something about a refrigerator and a full orchestra, but don't quote me on those last two.

Of note from PrimeVsPrime, " ...this figure (is) also improved upon the previous version, by adding pins to panels that previously popped off the SS 32 Optimus Prime."

Give PrimeVsPrime's review a whirl then swing back by here and share your thoughts with the Seibertron crew in the forums. As always stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!

Credit(s): PrimeVsPrime on YouTube


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime Video Review (2032846)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on August 1st, 2019 @ 10:25pm CDT
The shield is a bummer, but that's really the only negative for me. I'm SO excited for this figure, I went out and bought the paint I'll need for it the other day. The extra weapons are ready to go, I have smokestacks, and the parts from SS-05 are painted up and ready to swap. I just have to decide whether I'll leave the dark gray on Prime as is or if I'll paint it silver. :-?

I just hope it arrives a little sooner than Pulse's estimate, otherwise I won't see it till Christmas.

Stargrave wrote:I believe the fine print in the instructions mentions something about a refrigerator and a full orchestra, but don't quote me on those last two.


Now I want the scene where the trailer transforms at the start of DOTM but instead of weapons all the Autobots fly out, instruments in hand.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime Video Review (2032856)
Posted by Stargrave on August 1st, 2019 @ 10:59pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:The shield is a bummer, but that's really the only negative for me. I'm SO excited for this figure, I went out and bought the paint I'll need for it the other day. The extra weapons are ready to go, I have smokestacks, and the parts from SS-05 are painted up and ready to swap. I just have to decide whether I'll leave the dark gray on Prime as is or if I'll paint it silver. :-?

I just hope it arrives a little sooner than Pulse's estimate, otherwise I won't see it till Christmas.

Stargrave wrote:I believe the fine print in the instructions mentions something about a refrigerator and a full orchestra, but don't quote me on those last two.


Now I want the scene where the trailer transforms at the start of DOTM but instead of weapons all the Autobots fly out, instruments in hand.


Yes! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gotta have dramatic music for that fight scene.
Dude can’t wait to see your customs I hope you get him ASAP. Don’t forget to post in the customs thread.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime Video Review (2032879)
Posted by CobraKai on August 2nd, 2019 @ 2:20am CDT
I’m so glad they painted the abs section. I think they should have went with a lighter shade for the trailer if they weren’t gonna paint it. It’s such a contrast compared to Prime himself with the rims being a dark shade. I little blue paint for the running lights would have enhance the trailer considerably.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime Video Review (2032881)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 2nd, 2019 @ 4:27am CDT
Cool review. Yay for pins in that backpack. One of mine came kept coming off quite easily til I tightened the joint with some nail polish but pins are better.
My order update says "We estimate that delivery will be made on 03-08-2019, between 09:42 and 12:42" so that's nice.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime Video Review (2032916)
Posted by Stargrave on August 2nd, 2019 @ 9:23am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Cool review. Yay for pins in that backpack. One of mine came kept coming off quite easily til I tightened the joint with some nail polish but pins are better.
My order update says "We estimate that delivery will be made on 03-08-2019, between 09:42 and 12:42" so that's nice.


I’ve always wondered about using materials to tighten pins I’m worried about melting the plastic how do you do that Carnivius?
Re: Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime Video Review (2032923)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 2nd, 2019 @ 9:51am CDT
My fave interaction on the internet today. :P
Imagedffddffd1.png


Imagefggfgf2.png


EA-KzgDUcAA6bkK.jpg


Love all the stuff on the newspaper too. A SS wishlist. Unicrons horn thing from TLK. Bumblebee doing double peace signs... :)



Stargrave wrote:I’ve always wondered about using materials to tighten pins I’m worried about melting the plastic how do you do that Carnivius?


Dunno about tightening the pins themselves (the SS32 doesn't have pins where the DotM has added them) but yeah applying a very thin layer of clear nail polish or (if you're VERY careful) superglue in where a joint moves adds a nice extra bit of friction to stop joint being loose. Works great on balljoints too. Also some kinds of joints like that SS32 Prime bit (or on SS01 Bumblebee's roof joint before they put the pin in the later Clunker release) can be heated up easily with a hairdryer to soften the plastic then squeeze those parts tighter around the joint so where they cool and harden again they're a tighter fit than before. If that makes sense. I'm terrible at trying to explain things in words. :/
Re: Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime Video Review (2032934)
Posted by Stargrave on August 2nd, 2019 @ 10:42am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:My fave interaction on the internet today. :P
Imagedffddffd1.png


Imagefggfgf2.png


EA-KzgDUcAA6bkK.jpg


Love all the stuff on the newspaper too. A SS wishlist. Unicrons horn thing from TLK. Bumblebee doing double peace signs... :)



Stargrave wrote:I’ve always wondered about using materials to tighten pins I’m worried about melting the plastic how do you do that Carnivius?


Dunno about tightening the pins themselves (the SS32 doesn't have pins where the DotM has added them) but yeah applying a very thin layer of clear nail polish or (if you're VERY careful) superglue in where a joint moves adds a nice extra bit of friction to stop joint being loose. Works great on balljoints too. Also some kinds of joints like that SS32 Prime bit (or on SS01 Bumblebee's roof joint before they put the pin in the later Clunker release) can be heated up easily with a hairdryer to soften the plastic then squeeze those parts tighter around the joint so where they cool and harden again they're a tighter fit than before. If that makes sense. I'm terrible at trying to explain things in words. :/


Thank you! That’s a great idea with the hair dryer!

You explained it perfectly actually ;)^

That throne is killin’ me right now I can’t believe they made a newspaper :lol: :lol:
Re: Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime Video Review (2032938)
Posted by Stargrave on August 2nd, 2019 @ 11:12am CDT
Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Kamalethar we've learned that Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Long Haul and KSI Boss are available to order online at Hasbro Pulse for $29.99 each (limit 2)! That's right the mean green Constructi-Hulk and the Decepti-capitated strutting henchman from The Last Knight are almost yours!

Click here to order Studio Series Voyager Long Haul at Hasbro Pulse.
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
And click here to order Studio Series Voyager KSI Boss at Hasbro Pulse.
Image

Image
Also, swooping in with the Seibertron scoop our own Scotty P has let us know that if you want to avoid the strife and 'say hi to Enrique's wife' KSI Boss is breaking out of the pricing prison and is available for $2 less ($27.98) at Amazon here.

Are you on track to complete your Revenge of the Fallen Devastator? Is KSI Boss the version Nitro Zeus you've been waiting for? Come on in and share your views with the Seibertron crew in the forums and as always stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!
Re: Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime Video Review (2032964)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 2nd, 2019 @ 2:56pm CDT
That throne and paper combo are the best thing I've seen on twitter in a while :lol:
Re: Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime Video Review (2033001)
Posted by SpaceKaseJase on August 2nd, 2019 @ 8:14pm CDT
Got Longhaul from Amazon two days ago. Hightower is supposed to arrive mid-August, so I think I'm on track. :D
Re: Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime Video Review (2033012)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 3rd, 2019 @ 2:08am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:That throne and paper combo are the best thing I've seen on twitter in a while :lol:



Yeah, i still smiling about it. I can't believe he went to that much detail on what was just a silly joke i did. :P



Ok my DotM Prime should be here in next few hours.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime Video Review (2033016)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 3rd, 2019 @ 4:42am CDT
My pics aren't great but here you go.

"SS44 Dark of the Moon Optimus Prime. Fun figure. Improvements on Optimus himself are the yellow fade on the truck hood and some pins in the back pack where the fuel tank parts sometimes came off on some people's SS32. The new ab piece is nice too) . The trailer is cool and easy to transform into the jetwing pack and weapon ring. Figure could use more paint (once again missing robot mode flames) and it's odd the windows aren't transparent anymore but looks better in person than I expected. Trailer could use paint as it's mostly just grey plastic. I'll add the blue strips thar should be at top and bottom. The jetwings look great though are clearly hollow from the front view. The weapons are nice though the axe lacks the orange paint shown in some stock photos but the sword has it. In the last photo I added the removable smoke stack extensions I made which I think make the truck look better. "


EBCTIPDXoAAt5C7.jpg


EBCTIkIXoAAZR-L.jpg


EBCTI6aXsAAyCtd.jpg


EBCTJRCXkAEC5IM.jpg
Re: Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime Video Review (2033019)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on August 3rd, 2019 @ 5:56am CDT
That Jetwing Optimus looks like a dollar store KO. I can't believe anybody could actually like it. In the video he says it looks "ABSOLUTELY AWESOME". There is absolutely nothing awesome about it.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime Video Review (2033020)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 3rd, 2019 @ 6:00am CDT
Aimless Misfire wrote: I can't believe anybody could actually like it.


i like it.



I now own all three of the mold. I need a better photo lighting setup. My pics suck.
EBCaPcdWsAAXQiC.jpg


My cusatom SS32 using the Ab piece from SS44.
EBCWBtXWkAAJE7K.jpg
Re: Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime Video Review (2033025)
Posted by Stargrave on August 3rd, 2019 @ 8:50am CDT
Aimless Misfire wrote:That Jetwing Optimus looks like a dollar store KO. I can't believe anybody could actually like it. In the video he says it looks "ABSOLUTELY AWESOME". There is absolutely nothing awesome about it.


You need to tell me what Dollar Store you shop at because it is absolutely awesome. I ain’t never seen anything like this as a cheap store knock off.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime Video Review (2033026)
Posted by Stargrave on August 3rd, 2019 @ 8:51am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Aimless Misfire wrote: I can't believe anybody could actually like it.


i like it.



I now own all three of the mold. I need a better photo lighting setup. My pics suck.
EBCaPcdWsAAXQiC.jpg


My cusatom SS32 using the Ab piece from SS44.
EBCWBtXWkAAJE7K.jpg


Love the paint work dude your pics are great ;)^
Re: Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime Video Review (2033027)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 3rd, 2019 @ 8:57am CDT
Stargrave wrote:Love the paint work dude your pics are great ;)^


Thanks. I'm no pro but i like adding extra details on. :D


Stargrave wrote:
Aimless Misfire wrote:That Jetwing Optimus looks like a dollar store KO. I can't believe anybody could actually like it. In the video he says it looks "ABSOLUTELY AWESOME". There is absolutely nothing awesome about it.


You need to tell me what Dollar Store you shop at because it is absolutely awesome. I ain’t never seen anything like this as a cheap store knock off.


Yeah i dunno if I'd called it 'absolutely awesome' (honestly I don't think that about any figure TF or otherwise cos I'm often so darn picky) but it's certainly way beyond a dollar store KO (and if not then yeah let's all buy those toys instead cos they sound amazing and save us some monies :P ). It has the typical limitations of a budget restricted mainline TF product like it really could use more paint and the booster parts of the jetwings are a bit hollow for my tastes (looking about for stuff to fill them in with a bit) but this set is a lot of fun to play with. I still prefer (the Jetpower Prime's design and toys (a voyager and a whole other transforming Leader figure) overall but Jetwing Prime is hugely entertaining to play about with too and definitely worth a look especially if having not yet got SS32.

Still working on a way to hold the shield properly. It's got a post, two tabs and a slot. There must be some way to hold it on his arm without it looking silly. :P

Anyone else getting 503 Kremzeek errors on this site today?
Re: Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime Video Review (2033028)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on August 3rd, 2019 @ 9:05am CDT
Great pics, Carnivius! I’m even more excited for mine now!

Aimless Misfire wrote:That Jetwing Optimus looks like a dollar store KO. I can't believe anybody could actually like it. In the video he says it looks "ABSOLUTELY AWESOME". There is absolutely nothing awesome about it.

I mean, it’s missing paint, but I can fix that (and have a lot of fun fixing that, too). What I can’t fix is the mold and sculpting, which they did a great job on here. DOTM Optimus is my favorite version (and look) of Prime in any continuity, and they went out and made it with almost every accessory seen in the movie. For me, this is the figure I’ve waited 8 years for now, and it doesn’t look to disappoint.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime Video Review (2033029)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 3rd, 2019 @ 9:10am CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Great pics, Carnivius! I’m even more excited for mine now!

Aimless Misfire wrote:That Jetwing Optimus looks like a dollar store KO. I can't believe anybody could actually like it. In the video he says it looks "ABSOLUTELY AWESOME". There is absolutely nothing awesome about it.

I mean, it’s missing paint, but I can fix that (and have a lot of fun fixing that, too). What I can’t fix is the mold and sculpting, which they did a great job on here. DOTM Optimus is my favorite version (and look) of Prime in any continuity, and they went out and made it with almost every accessory seen in the movie. For me, this sis the figure I’ve waited 8 years for now, and it doesn’t look to disappoint.



Oh yeah you're gonna have fun painting it up and you already do the long smokestacks thing (thanks again for that idea. The truck looks so weird with it's small smokestacks especially when towing the trailer). I'm like that with a lot of action figures, especially Transformers, paaaarticually movie stuffs, is that if you're willing to put in a bit of extra work with paint and stuff to improve your figure you'll often be much more satisfied with it.

Dunno how you feel about the windows being solid plastic and painted silver. Silver's a weird colour for me there cos I like to paint the wing mirrors and windshield wipers silver but they won't stand out against silver windows so maybe black windows with some sort of attempted effect at reflections a bit like a real-world version of the cell shaded stickers Toyhax do for G1-type figures). Or if wanting to have proper transparency there might be a way to switch the ones from SS32.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Class Jetwing Optimus Prime Video Review (2033033)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on August 3rd, 2019 @ 9:29am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Oh yeah you're gonna have fun painting it up and you already do the long smokestacks thing (thanks again for that idea.

No problem!

Dunno how you feel about the windows being solid plastic and painted silver.

So that’s one of the things I’m thinking about. It doesn’t really bug me that they’re not clear, I just have to decide what color they’ll be. I have the chrome marker that would help details like the window lining stand out against the silver, but I kinda want to have more contrast. Currently, painting the windows either gloss black or like a dark gray is what I’m thinking.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot First Aid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #291 - Til All Are 2021
Twincast / Podcast #291:
"Til All Are 2021"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, January 2nd, 2022

New Items on eBay

Buy "SWERVE Deluxe Class TRANSFORMERS Universe Series Action Figure 2004 COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cyberverse SKY BYTE, Tiny Turbo Changers 2020" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS TG-25 ORION PAX VS MEGATRONUS Figure TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES - ENERGON ARMOR SHOCKWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "Loyal Subjects Transformers Frenzy & Buzzsaw 2 Pack 2015 SDCC Exclusive Set" on EBAY
Buy "transformers g1 original Constructicon Hook Part" on EBAY
Buy "transformers g1 original Constructicon Hook Leg Part" on EBAY
Buy "transformers g1 original Constructicon Hook Part" on EBAY