Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed

Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed

Thursday, October 15th, 2020 12:24pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 23,251

Greetings Seibertronians! Following on from yesterday's leaked reveal of possibly the first wave of Transformers Studio Series 86 figures, comes the official reveal of Deluxe Class Jazz (given the number 01) and Voyager Class Hot Rod (given the number 04)!

The official images were revealed by the website, comicbook.com

Transformers Studio Series 86 Deluxe Class 01 Jazz

Robot

Transformers News: Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed

Back Drop

Alt Mode

Packaging

Transformers: Studio Series 86-01 Deluxe The Transformers: The Movie Autobot Jazz

(Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $19.99 / Available: 02/01/2021)

This Studio Series 86-01 Deluxe Class The Transformers: The Movie AUTOBOT JAZZ figure stands at 4.5 inches tall, features vivid, movie-inspired deco, and converts from robot to racecar mode in 20 steps.

In the “Moonbase One Destruction” scene from The Transformers: The Movie, AUTOBOT JAZZ tries to escape Moonbase One before UNICRON devours it, but he doesn't make it and is swallowed up by the Planet Eater. Fans can remove the backdrop and pose the figure out with the included blaster accessory and imagine recreating this classic movie moment!

Reach past the big screen and build the ultimate TRANSFORMERS collection with Studio Series figures (each sold separately, subject to availability), inspired by iconic movie scenes and designed with specs and details to reflect the TRANSFORMERS movie universe. Available at most major toy retailers and for pre-order on HasbroPulse.com on Friday October 16, 2020 at Noon EST.

Transformers Studio Series 86 Voyager Class 04 Hot Rod

Robot

Back Drop

Alt Mode

Packaging

Transformers: Studio Series 86-04 Voyager The Transformers: The Movie Autobot Hot Rod

(Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $29.99 / Available: 02/01/2021)

This Studio Series 86-04 Voyager Class The Transformers: The Movie AUTOBOT HOT ROD figure stands at 6.5 inches tall, features vivid, movie-inspired deco, and converts from robot to sports car mode in 29 steps. In the “The Depths of Unicron” scene from The Transformers: The Movie, HOT ROD embraces his destiny, becoming RODIMUS PRIME and defeating UNICRON. Fans can remove the backdrop and pose the HOT ROD figure out with the included Matrix of Leadership, plus attach the energy effect to recreate this classic movie moment. HOT ROD also includes 2 movie-inspired blasters, 2 blast effects, and features buzz saw and spark welder hand attachments inspired by the scene where HOT ROD slices through robot kelp and giant squid tentacles, then repairs KUP.

As pointed out by the product descriptions, these and others will be available to preorder tomorrow from major retailers and Hasbro Pulse from noon EST.

You'll be able to see these figures and more tomorrow as Hasbro livestream Transformers Fans First Friday from the Hasbro Pulse Facebook account, starting 11 a.m EST don't miss it!

What do you think of these? Have you waited a lifetime for them? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Comicbook.com

This article was last modified on Thursday, October 15th, 2020 12:30pm CDT

Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed (2084017)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on October 15th, 2020 @ 12:28pm CDT
Is it just me or does the engineering for Jazz look basically the same as the Datsuns? I think even the legs function the same, except the back windshield folds down from the roof to cover the black of the legs.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed (2084018)
Posted by cruizerdave on October 15th, 2020 @ 12:32pm CDT
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed (2084019)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 15th, 2020 @ 12:33pm CDT
cruizerdave wrote:I appreciate the extra accessories I may put on the figure once, but trying to pass that off as a voyager? Come on!

Hasbro learned from Takara's MP approach. :lol:
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed (2084021)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 15th, 2020 @ 12:45pm CDT
The only way I can see Jazz being done better is by closing off the hollow plastic. We really are in an age of the Masterpiece killer. I do find it funny that Hot Rod is sitting higher in the packaging than Jazz to make it look bigger. Not that I won't be getting all of these.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed (2084022)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 15th, 2020 @ 12:48pm CDT
Yeah, Jazz is niiiiiice. Definitely into him, and since Shattered Glass is making a comeback, Reveal the Shield Jazz will serve a greater purpose (with some appropriate Shattered Glass Autobot labels of course).

Hot Rod for sure, though now I have the dilemma of having the old Classics Deluxe with the Fansproject armor I got earlier this year thinking they weren’t going to do a decent Hot Rod for a while... :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed (2084023)
Posted by hausjam on October 15th, 2020 @ 12:53pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:The only way I can see Jazz being done better is by closing off the hollow plastic. We really are in an age of the Masterpiece killer.

You must have never handled a masterpiece figure.

Even compared to Universe-era figures, today's WFC and Studio figures feel like cheap knockoffs. The plastic quality is not good, the joints are weak, panels/sections don't line up well and/or don't tab in properly, and paint is often sloppy.

The only reason this crap sells well is because most of us don't spend much time handling them or looking at them up close. On a shelf, from a few feet away, they look nice.

But nice-looking crap is still crap.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed (2084024)
Posted by ScottyP on October 15th, 2020 @ 12:54pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:

Hasbro learned from Takara's MP approach. :lol:
Seems like a good time to post a reminder that the "Class" designation is now more about price than anything else.

Anyhow, Jazz looks amazing, gives excellent Pretenders Jazz inner bot vibes.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed (2084025)
Posted by blackeyedprime on October 15th, 2020 @ 12:58pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:I would very much like a separate thread for SS-86, whenever someone here says "Geewunner" I cry. It's been a hard year, cut me some slack.

Nah, even from the description of the figures it is the same line -though there has only ever been one transformers movie and some live action guff :P Which had some good guff, but guff none the less.

Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed (2084026)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on October 15th, 2020 @ 12:59pm CDT
hausjam wrote:

You must have never handled a masterpiece figure.

But nice-looking crap is still crap.

I have transformed each of my WfC figures more times than all of my Masterpiece figures put together. The handling isn't the issue; if you want statues, by all means keep spending hundreds of dollars on a handful of MP figures, WfC and SS aren't going to best them on that front.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed (2084027)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on October 15th, 2020 @ 1:01pm CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:

Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed (2084028)
Posted by Autobot N on October 15th, 2020 @ 1:04pm CDT

Apparently, one of the leakers confirmed that all but one Dinobot will be made, the exception being Slash (not sure why that distinction had to be made, since she wasn't in the movie). Also, Blaster, Perceptor, and Devastator aren't happening.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed (2084030)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 15th, 2020 @ 1:09pm CDT
I guess that answers my question about the numbering system. The 86 designation won't be included in the regular SS line, meaning we will get a SS 86 figure of a Bayverse character down the line, if it goes that far.

As for these reveals, I'm not jumping for joy in either case. They're nice, but I'll wait until I see them in-hand. I was almost sold on Hot Rod, but the fact that it's a deluxe figure with extra crap sold at voyager price is a turnoff. I didn't fall for it in WFC, I won't do it here. Besides, he looks like he has way too many panels. Jazz looks nice, but kinda simple. I'll see about getting him when I see him in stores. I actually really like the PoTP figure, even if it's not perfectly accurate.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed (2084031)
Posted by william-james88 on October 15th, 2020 @ 1:12pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:

Hasbro learned from Takara's MP approach. :lol:

Anyhow, Jazz looks amazing, gives excellent Pretenders Jazz inner bot vibes.

It's basically no different than Hasbro throwing something like this into a mainline without having to make it an exclusive.

As for Jazz, that will be a pass. I think he looks great, but I am perfectly happy with my POTP toy. I am wondering why they changed the 4 to a 14. It's not toy nor show accurate. Knowing how subtle the artist handling the previous release was in sharing some conservative viewpoints, could this be a nod to the 14 words?
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed (2084032)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on October 15th, 2020 @ 1:14pm CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:

It uses a different numbering system though, I would much rather have a separate discussion for SS-86.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed (2084033)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 15th, 2020 @ 1:15pm CDT
LinaNui wrote:Also with them being 86-XX, this might mean they are a subline to SS like how Netflix is to WFC. Fingers crossed so that it can get it's own thread to stop clogging up this one.

Amen to this.
hausjam wrote:

You must have never handled a masterpiece figure.

But nice-looking crap is still crap.

As someone who has handled a lot, the mainline has killed the MP line, and appropriately so. The toys today still feel really good, and I would say many feel as good if not better than the old Universe/Classics toys. They look good up close and as a group.

And they are a small fraction of the price of the MPs but are almost as good. At least ER Prime actually uses his alt mode windshields while the new $450 MP didn't.

Simple fact is, the generations of today are 90% the quality of MPs on average and on average are probably 20% of the price.
Autobot N wrote:Not a big Hot Rod guy, but Jazz looks absolutely fantabulistic. He and Grimlock are definite buys.

I'm genuinely furious that we are getting all 5 of the G1 dinobots in this line before we even get a 2nd out of 4 movie Dinobots. That is ridiculous.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed (2084034)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 15th, 2020 @ 1:15pm CDT
I REALLY doubt Hasbro would let that slide after the last fiasco... More than likely, it's just 14 because they didn't want to change it more than they had to for liscensing. I expect after it's brought to their attention, they'll change it to 24 or 44, or something along those lines
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed (2084037)
Posted by blackeyedprime on October 15th, 2020 @ 1:30pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:I'm going to blame you personally for every tear that slides down my face, I hope you can live comfortably with that on your conscience.

I'm like that with poeple who say legos but at least the generation police can be blocked here. Enjoy what ya like for what ya like.

Hopefully fanfirst can throw out a few bones like Dino. I'd be down for another Universal Studios Evac then I can pretend the twins never existed (until they redo the icecream van version and I will melt like a whippy).
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed (2084038)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on October 15th, 2020 @ 1:33pm CDT
Dang, that Jazz does look pretty good, even if I do like the United version I have.

Maybe I'll get Jazz after all. I do have United Stepper, so it can be something to distinguish the two molds.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed (2084041)
Posted by Autobot N on October 15th, 2020 @ 1:38pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

It is pretty weird, since they're the same characters (aside from Scorn), so it's not like it's an issue of big name vs small name characters. I do think SS86 will be good for SS overall, since it seems like the whole point (aside from celebrating the anniversary) is to fill some spaces with big name characters while Hasbro waits for the 2022 movie.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed (2084042)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 15th, 2020 @ 1:41pm CDT
Okay I split the thread from the main SS discussion, hopefully it makes things clearer. However, the link from the news post still takes a user to the original SS thread. A news mod could fix this?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #262 - Generational Taxonomy
"Generational Taxonomy"
Posted: Sunday, October 25th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Megatron and Decepticon Berserker action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Seeker Set Elite - Asia Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Insecticons 3-Pack (Bombshell, Kickback, Shrapnel)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Deluxe WFC-S37 Brunt Weaponizer" on EBAY
Buy "2018 Transformers Power Of The Primes Elita-1 MIB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers dotm megatron incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MASTERPIECE MOVIE SERIES MPM-06 AUTOBOT IRONHIDE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Elita-1 (shelf-wear)" on EBAY