Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US

Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US

Tuesday, January 19th, 2021 11:38pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 29,844

Fellow Seibertronian aronjlove along with others have told us that Transformers SS 86 Grimlock is being found at Walmarts. He started to trickle in since late last week and should be more available as the days progress. We are getting sightings from across the US. Below you will see images from aronjlove along with images from Pun-3X and foxracing who posted on the TFW2005 boards. You will see comparison shots with leader Beast Wars Megatron and MP Grimlock.

Transformers News: Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US

Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US (2093163)
Posted by BIGGUY007 on January 19th, 2021 @ 11:47pm CST
That 86 Grimlock is a thing of sheer beauty! How does it contend with Masterpiece Grimlock that came out several years back?
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US (2093165)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 20th, 2021 @ 12:23am CST
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US (2093166)
Posted by Emerje on January 20th, 2021 @ 12:35am CST
blackeyedprime wrote:If they did a commender class Blackout (or Grindor) I'd likely go for it over the Black Mamba/whoever oversized KO.

Leakers did say there's plans to drop Titan Class so we can have two Commander Class figures at $100 each per year. Did they know if they were specifically for the "main line" because there's a lot they could do with that budget for Studio Series? Blackout, Grimlock, Stratos, Dragotron, Infernocus, lots of potential there.

Sowndwave76 wrote:So has there been substantiated rumor that the SS will continue including G1 characters?
Or rumors of how the other leader class Dinobots will be released?
I have a feeling once I have those my collecting days will be very limited.
Or my collecting in general will be very limited.

Sludge with Daniel was mentioned before we knew about Grimlock with Wheelie, and thinking about it Daniel will probably be the same as the Spike that comes with Buzzworthy Bumblebee. There was also a Walmart listing for a Deluxe Gnaw/Sharkticon so there will probably be more Deluxe figures released along side him. Incidentally Walmart also listed Tra Gen Studio Series Dlx Tf2 Bb W/ Sam which sounds like the Buzzworthy Bumblebee set might get a normal release as well.

Ultra Markus wrote:i dont get why they made the plastic piece over the insignia tinted instead of clear :-?

Because it's tinted on the original figure. SS86 Grimlock is like an amalgamation of both his toy and cartoon appearances. Originally the toy was going to have gold parts (rather than cartoon yellow) and the black chest window like the toy, but they then compromised and replaced the gold with metallic yellow without changing the window. Don't suppose it's removable? I can see peg holes, but is it glued or screwed in? Looks like it would pop right off to reveal the symbol underneath.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US (2093167)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 20th, 2021 @ 12:49am CST

I found Jazz, Kup and Blurr at my Wal-Mart today, and Kup looks much better in person than he did in photos.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US (2093168)
Posted by Emerje on January 20th, 2021 @ 12:51am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:I think it's a major fail showing him and Megatron in robot mode but not in T-Rex mode.

I'm patiently waiting for a picture of him next to SS AOE Grimlock in both modes.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US (2093171)
Posted by bacem on January 20th, 2021 @ 3:23am CST
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Found this on daimchoc facebook page.

FB_IMG_1611134472019.jpg

FB_IMG_1611134481752.jpg
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US (2093187)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 20th, 2021 @ 9:17am CST
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US (2093189)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 20th, 2021 @ 9:29am CST
Mindmaster wrote:Must be nice... A few of the Targets around El Paso have Grimlock in the back but have him streetdated for Feb 1 for some reason, even though I bought the rest of SS86 barely two weeks prior :roll:

Thank you, you just saved me from bothering to check my Target until Feb 1st.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US (2093190)
Posted by Changewinds on January 20th, 2021 @ 10:05am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:Grimlock looks really good, but next to the MP he loses a bit of his shine. I might still get him for my movie shelf.

I’ll just put Grimlock on my Grimlock shelf. He’ll be fine next to MP Grimlock as a junior G1 Grimlock. :D Might wait for him to go on sale a bit, since I do have other Grimlocks.
Can’t wait to get the other dinobots!
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US (2093198)
Posted by Overcracker on January 20th, 2021 @ 11:51am CST
Can't wait for BBTS o actually get him in so I can ship him and the rest of the Pile of loot.

nothing else has come in, since the Kingdom deluxe wave 1 . Cheetor and Paleotrex are just sitting there in the pile of loot waiting for something else to show up so I can have them shipped.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US (2093201)
Posted by aronjlove on January 20th, 2021 @ 12:06pm CST

This what you're looking for...
20210120_104605.jpg

20210120_104526.jpg

You can tell each figure has a different purpose. SS86 Grimlock is all about that classic look you remember from the movie with a few deco differences. But it is exactly what you expect, a classic transformation with some new techniques, such as how the tail is tucked away in the back of the leg for robot mode.

Kingdom Megatron is practically a complete update, more like an homage in a way, with the realistic texturing. No idea how close the transformation is to the OG BW Megatron, but it is, to me, the right kind of complexity. Yes, there are panels, but I think that gave it a more posable beast mode. The tail swings, and the legs have a good range of motion. Grimlock has better dino arms though with an elbow joint. That allows him to give PotP Grimmy a head pat.

20210120_080754.jpg
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US (2093202)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 20th, 2021 @ 12:20pm CST
aronjlove wrote:That allows him to give PotP Grimmy a head pat.

20210120_080754.jpg

SS86 Grim: You did a great job filling in for me while Hasbro figured out do to do me correctly and what line to put me in.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US (2093207)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 20th, 2021 @ 1:53pm CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
aronjlove wrote:That allows him to give PotP Grimmy a head pat.

20210120_080754.jpg

To be fair, if it wasn't for BW Megs and his friends, grimmy would have been in WfC part 3 ;)
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US (2093210)
Posted by sol magnus on January 20th, 2021 @ 3:13pm CST
Found a lone Hot Rod at a Target in Baltimore, MD.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US (2093213)
Posted by Overcracker on January 20th, 2021 @ 3:36pm CST
Crazy things you find in Facebook Marketplace:

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IMG_0538.jpg

not sure who he thinks is going to pay $35K for that.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US (2093214)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 20th, 2021 @ 4:04pm CST
Yeah, $35K no way, even if Lockdown, Heli Dropkick, KSI Sentry and Bee Prime weren't missing.

And on that, how in the hell can this guy not have Heli Dropkick? He shelfwarmed hard core in just about any store. My local Target still has one.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US (2093215)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 20th, 2021 @ 4:09pm CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
aronjlove wrote:That allows him to give PotP Grimmy a head pat.

20210120_080754.jpg

Exactly. PoTP is the special needs of the Grimlock family.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US (2093217)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 20th, 2021 @ 4:20pm CST
Overcracker wrote:not sure who he thinks is going to pay $35K for that.

It takes all kinds... Just for giggles:

Missing
#11 Lockdown
#18 Bumblebee (Bumblebee VW Bug)
#19 Retro Rock Garage
#20 Retro Pop Highway
#22 Dropkick (Helicopter)
#23 KSI Sentry
#38 Optimus Prime (Bumblebee)
#48 Megatron (DotM Universal Studios)

So in total:
22 Deluxes * $20 = $440
13 Voyagers * $35 = $445
5 Leaders * $50 = $250
5 Exclusives = $150 give or take.

Total
$1,285

Post that in a reply, if you please? ;;)
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US (2093218)
Posted by Whifflefire on January 20th, 2021 @ 4:26pm CST
I was at Walmart earlier today, and while I as not planning on getting any Transformers, I took a peek in the aisle anyway, and saw Grimlock. Man, is he a beefy boy! A return to pre-WCF Leader class height, he is impressively huge! Can't wait to get him, and the rest of the Dinobots down the line (although I have no idea where I'll put them, shelf space is rapidly depleting :shock: ).
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Grimlock Being Found Across US (2093219)
Posted by Overcracker on January 20th, 2021 @ 4:43pm CST
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Overcracker wrote:not sure who he thinks is going to pay $35K for that.

It takes all kinds... Just for giggles:

Missing
#11 Lockdown
#18 Bumblebee (Bumblebee VW Bug)
#19 Retro Rock Garage
#20 Retro Pop Highway
#22 Dropkick (Helicopter)
#23 KSI Sentry
#38 Optimus Prime (Bumblebee)
#48 Megatron (DotM Universal Studios)

So in total:
22 Deluxes * $20 = $440
13 Voyagers * $35 = $445
5 Leaders * $50 = $250
5 Exclusives = $150 give or take.

Total

$1,285

Post that in a reply, if you please? ;;)

No replies allowed, only private messages. Why do you think that is? :lol: I think he knows it's an exorbitant price for the collection. doesn't want anyone publicly posting that same break down and price. ;) :-D

I'll bookmark it just to see how long he keeps that price and if anybody decides to actually buy it.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Vorath & Mindwipe Hasbro Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Head Robots Transformers Hot Head Duro-5 Military assault Driver parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers studio series Hot Rod, Jazz, Blurr #86" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS Fall of Cybertron DELUXE Autobot Air Raid Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "KREO TRANSFORMERS GALVATRON FACTORY BATTLE Lot of  Clear Blue Panels #K101531" on EBAY
Buy "KREO TRANSFORMERS Galvatron Battle Factory Lot of 4 YELLOW CAUTION BRICKS" on EBAY
Buy "KREO TRANSFORMERS Galvatron Battle Factory Lot of 7 Grey Panels #K101493" on EBAY