Friday, October 16th, 2020 11:55am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 22,564

Fan First Friday is here and in this Transformers centric installment, we have the remainder of the first wave of Studio Series 86 bots. That being voyager Scourge (with effect part, something that comes with all voyagers in the line), deluxe Kup and Blurr, leader Grimlock (with non transforming Wheelie). we also have the movie Devastator Boxset finally revealed. All the images below come from the following Facebook post:

And there you have it! The rest of Studio Series Wave 1 revealed, which includes some of the most iconic Autobots and fearsome Decepticons to ever grace the silver screen! We DARE you to not be excited (wink wink). Available for pre-order starting now at most major retailers or in stores starting February 2021.

So what do you all think? Does that Blurr really beat Takara's Legends Blurr from a few years back?

Transformers News: Transformers Studio Series 86 Scourge, Kup, Grimlock and Blurr Revealed along with Devastator Boxset

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Scourge, Kup, Grimlock and Blurr Revealed along with Devastator Boxset (2084185)
Posted by aronjlove on October 16th, 2020 @ 12:10pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:Grimlock and Scourge are already sold out, and I can't even find RotJ Boba Fett.

I got all the SS 86 figures on Amazon
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Scourge, Kup, Grimlock and Blurr Revealed along with Devastator Boxset (2084186)
Posted by frogbat on October 16th, 2020 @ 12:11pm CDT
Really like lots of these figures - that will be my definitive hotrod for example.

Only figure I'm a bit disappointed in is blurry and his giant arm sleeves.

Also not feeling hot rod as a voyager - maybe they need a new designation like deluxe+.

I also hope that if they do a rodimus figure it's not going to incorporate this toy and we end up buying the same figure twice. If they are indeed going for an all out homage, would make sense that they don't bother with the hot rod figure like the POTP and go for an update of the original toy, with the winnebago opening up into a "weapons platform", which would make sense with them making many figures able to connect. And I reckon that platform was the most fun bit for me as kid cos the figure was bonkers crap.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Scourge, Kup, Grimlock and Blurr Revealed along with Devastator Boxset (2084187)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on October 16th, 2020 @ 12:12pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mechastrike wrote:does Scourge head pop out when in alt-mode?
Nope. A little door/panel opens up to reveal it in vehicle mode instead.
Just like the G1 toy.
It is a bit of a shame, since Generations Scourge had it on an extension strut IIRC and with Titans Return you could plug his head into the altmode's aftcastle.

Definitely getting Scourge, Grimlock, and Kup (if I was able to get a TR Kup with rounded limbs without buying the Legends version I'd be less eager to get hold of him, but I still like him). I want to like Hot Rod, but the faux-parts chest really bugs me... :BANG_HEAD: :( Blurr is a lowe-priority maybe. Don't get me wrong, I think he's good (and the lankiness works with him being a swift runner), but with my having a repainted Titans Return Blurr it's kinda a lateral move. Plus TR Blurr has wrist rotation.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Scourge, Kup, Grimlock and Blurr Revealed along with Devastator Boxset (2084189)
Posted by blackeyedprime on October 16th, 2020 @ 12:12pm CDT
Well at least we know why Blurr wasnt in WFC, no shield lol

Happy enough with Takara Legends so it is great to be able to save some money.

I might wait on Grimlock until seeing the other dinobots, if it ever becomes too hard or pricey to get I'm happy using MP grimlock alongside WFC toys.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Scourge, Kup, Grimlock and Blurr Revealed along with Devastator Boxset (2084191)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 16th, 2020 @ 12:20pm CDT
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Scourge, Kup, Grimlock and Blurr Revealed along with Devastator Boxset (2084192)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 16th, 2020 @ 12:21pm CDT
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Scourge, Kup, Grimlock and Blurr Revealed along with Devastator Boxset (2084194)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 16th, 2020 @ 12:25pm CDT

Couldn't find Fett either, had to PO from BBTS
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Scourge, Kup, Grimlock and Blurr Revealed along with Devastator Boxset (2084198)
Posted by blackeyedprime on October 16th, 2020 @ 12:27pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Remember- this thread is for non-ss86 releases like the recently announced Devastator giftset

links needed to be sorted out or just a united studio series thread again cause it looks like the news replys are ending up in the wrong threads?
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Scourge, Kup, Grimlock and Blurr Revealed along with Devastator Boxset (2084202)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on October 16th, 2020 @ 12:36pm CDT
Will put it all in one newspost and defaulted to linking here.

Maybe both threads should be locked entirely until the staff all get on the same page.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Scourge, Kup, Grimlock and Blurr Revealed along with Devastator Boxset (2084204)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on October 16th, 2020 @ 12:41pm CDT
grimlock really looks heavily inspired by his mp version.
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I really wish Devastator had more paint apps, would have justified me getting a 2nd version. But as is, I am super happy with the one I built over the course of almost 2 years

he does look to have more/better paint apps then the single release guys, but not enough to make me get him over what I already have. assuming i can finally get an overload at retail
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Scourge, Kup, Grimlock and Blurr Revealed along with Devastator Boxset (2084205)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on October 16th, 2020 @ 12:43pm CDT
Taken from the main Studio Series thread:
blackeyedprime wrote:Well at least we know why Blurr wasnt in WFC, no shield lol
I wouldn't be so sure about that. If the windshield on his chest is the same as in altmode, I think he has to have a shield (even if he's not seen holding it).
...and he has no ports to arm mount it. IMO that nudges him towards being inferior to TR/Legends Blurr.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Scourge, Kup, Grimlock and Blurr Revealed along with Devastator Boxset (2084208)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 16th, 2020 @ 12:47pm CDT
Immortal Starscream wrote:grimlock really looks heavily inspired by his mp version.

I was hoping for alternate paint schemes, like maybe a white Scavenger AKA Demolishor, a yellow Long Haul (Payload), etc. would have been cool
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Scourge, Kup, Grimlock and Blurr Revealed along with Devastator Boxset (2084212)
Posted by william-james88 on October 16th, 2020 @ 12:55pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Will put it all in one newspost and defaulted to linking here.

Threads are merged together again, aint got no time to deal with the minutia especially when the news is still combined for both fronts, and I don't want my newstaff losing time making sure things are in the right thread rather than newsing. So let's all learn to get along with with the various studio series toys.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Scourge, Kup, Grimlock and Blurr Revealed along with Devastator Boxset (2084213)
Posted by blackeyedprime on October 16th, 2020 @ 12:56pm CDT
The sad thing is, it isnt oh its the twentieth version of X character i may or may not have so I can stop collecting now -it's a voyager that would be overpriced at £24 in WFC is now going to cost me £32 because it is Studio Series. Generations will end my Generations of colllecting :(
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Scourge, Kup, Grimlock and Blurr Revealed along with Devastator Boxset (2084214)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on October 16th, 2020 @ 12:57pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:This made me laugh real hard

I actually made my own meme for the event xD

Matrix meme.jpg

(Yes, Devy technically wasn't revealed before, but we've known about it and had pictures for a long time now)
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Scourge, Kup, Grimlock and Blurr Revealed along with Devastator Boxset (2084216)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 16th, 2020 @ 12:59pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:I actually made my own meme for the event xD

Matrix meme.jpg

I like this one better, it's much more accurate.

When they said 14 and then did the breakdown the way they did, I was ready to throw stuff at them.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Scourge, Kup, Grimlock and Blurr Revealed along with Devastator Boxset (2084217)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on October 16th, 2020 @ 1:02pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:I actually made my own meme for the event xD

Matrix meme.jpg

I like this one better, it's much more accurate.

After the SS86 reveals I was like "oh, ok, so there'll be an 86 wave and a Bayverse wave" which sounded great. And then the headmasters showed up and my hopes and dreams disintegrated much like the Matrix.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Scourge, Kup, Grimlock and Blurr Revealed along with Devastator Boxset (2084220)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 16th, 2020 @ 1:09pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:I actually made my own meme for the event xD

Matrix meme.jpg

I like this one better, it's much more accurate.

I got so depressed as I wrote that.
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Scourge, Kup, Grimlock and Blurr Revealed along with Devastator Boxset (2084221)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on October 16th, 2020 @ 1:11pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Wait, can we go back please? SS-86 kinda is its' own thing - it's separated into waves by itself and has its own numbering system. I would understand mixing them if the two were mixed in waves, but they seem to be fairly separate.

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Mine did too. I wonder if they will actually do a wave with the 86 bots mixed into bayverse stuff, or if we can expect a wave 2 of 86 bots and then we only get 1 wave of live action bots, or even if they do 3 waves of 86 and live action sits out a year.

I got so depressed as I wrote that.

Well, the thing is we have the listings for new Bayverse SS (ROTF Bee, Jolt, Dino, Grindor, etc.), and I don't think we'd get those listings over a year before the figures came out. My expectations get lower with each passing month, but maybe we'll alternate 86 and Bayverse waves this year?
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Scourge, Kup, Grimlock and Blurr Revealed along with Devastator Boxset (2084222)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 16th, 2020 @ 1:11pm CDT
D-Max, we both know the answer to that...wait until 2022.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #261 - Ratchets, Tigers and Planes
"Ratchets, Tigers and Planes"
Posted: Sunday, October 11th, 2020

Buy "transformers robots in disguise. Lot MIB, Strongarm and Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction SLOG Voyager Class Dinobot Factory Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AD-14 JOLT Movie Advanced Series Takara Complete Rare!" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Powertrain Highjump Micromaster MOC" on EBAY
Buy "BNIP: Mcdonalds Transformers Strongarm Action Figure Happy Meal Toy, 2016!!!" on EBAY
Buy "ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Robots in Disguise Hasbro 2002 Basic Used as pictured" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Kre-O Robots in Disguise Decepticon Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Age of Extinction 12” Lockdown Action Figure New in Box NIB MIB" on EBAY