Transformers Studio Series Devastator on Display at Dutch Comic Con

Transformers News: Transformers Studio Series Devastator on Display at Dutch Comic Con

Monday, November 25th, 2019 4:32PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 27,230

This past weekend in Utrecht, Netherlands, the Dutch Comic Con took place. As one might expect, there were Transformers on display, specifically, Studio Series Devastator. The following images come to us from Seibertronians Full-Tilt and D-Maximal_Primal and show us a less upright Devastator, but still quite mistransformed- Scrapper and Scrapmetal/Hightower have still switched places. We do get a clearer look at the Mixmaster, Scrapper and Overload integration into the combiner as well, though they're still in their blue test colored plastic.

The remaining components of Studio Series Devastator are due out in the first quarter of 2020, and hopefully, we'll see final product shots of Scrapper and Overload in the next few months. So what do you think? Any more or less excited for the combined figure? Let us know what you think below!
Credit(s): Seibertronian Full-Tilt
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator on Display at Dutch Comic Con (2045396)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 25th, 2019 @ 4:51pm CST
I can't make head or tail about what I'm supposed to see here for this Devastator. The prototype colors sure don't help. I can still guess the total engineering is crazy and those who would have been diligent enough to gather the parts will have one HELL of an awesome combiner in the end.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator on Display at Dutch Comic Con (2045398)
Posted by Brokebot on November 25th, 2019 @ 5:15pm CST
Good Lord, what a mess.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator on Display at Dutch Comic Con (2045400)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on November 25th, 2019 @ 5:53pm CST
Not sure who oversees the placement of things like this, but dang. Definitely a hot mess.
I could be wrong but they could have at least transformed Longhaul, Rampage, Hightower, and Scrapmetal closer to what they are suppose to be and perhaps on the right side. It is nice to see what it may look like, size wise but doesn’t look appealing looking like this.
Don’t get me wrong, I am anxious to see the final product and look forward to getting the rest of them but holy cow.

:-? :-? :-? :-?
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator on Display at Dutch Comic Con (2045401)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 25th, 2019 @ 6:02pm CST
Considering how long he has been known to exist and considering Overload and Scrapper are supposed to be in the next wave revealed, you would think they would know better by now.

I'm so excited and they keep teasing this, get it right and use the actual figures dammit!
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator on Display at Dutch Comic Con (2045402)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on November 25th, 2019 @ 6:43pm CST
Looks like a hot mess. Not interested at all.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator on Display at Dutch Comic Con (2045404)
Posted by Ravage2031 on November 25th, 2019 @ 7:17pm CST
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator on Display at Dutch Comic Con (2045405)
Posted by LeAwesome1 on November 25th, 2019 @ 7:34pm CST
Ravage2031 wrote:I was pumped for this at the beginning but every time I see it I just don't like it. It's like it fell off the only ugly tree on Cybertron.

I am also disappointed with what I've seen so far, however I'm holding all judgement until I see a picture of the fully combined mode by someone who knows what they are doing.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator on Display at Dutch Comic Con (2045406)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on November 25th, 2019 @ 7:42pm CST
Exactly!
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator on Display at Dutch Comic Con (2045407)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 25th, 2019 @ 7:47pm CST
LeAwesome1 wrote:

Exactly this. this is just like when Superion and menasor were first revealed for CW with the wrong limbs and horribly posed and transformed, and those were much simpler components... and fewer
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator on Display at Dutch Comic Con (2045410)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on November 25th, 2019 @ 8:40pm CST
Devy’s looking way better! I’m sure once we get the prototypes properly colored (and transformed), Devastator’s going to look awesome.

I will say though I’m a little disappointed that he doesn’t appear to have the missile pods from the ROTF game like in the concept art. Still looks really cool though!
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator on Display at Dutch Comic Con (2045412)
Posted by DeathReviews on November 25th, 2019 @ 10:05pm CST
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator on Display at Dutch Comic Con (2045415)
Posted by joevill on November 25th, 2019 @ 10:10pm CST
Does anyone know how big is this supposed to be when fully combined?
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator on Display at Dutch Comic Con (2045416)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 25th, 2019 @ 10:29pm CST
This will be my reaction when we see the finalized version of Devastator properly transformed, properly combined, and properly posed:

Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator on Display at Dutch Comic Con (2045417)
Posted by william-james88 on November 25th, 2019 @ 10:35pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Personally, I'd rather handle the ROTF Deluxes any day over the DOTM Deluxes.

Personally, I havent ever handled a deluxe twin I liked. It's not a hard transformation, just super fiddly.

Cyber Bishop wrote:Looks like a hot mess.

AKA Movie Accurate :-D
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator on Display at Dutch Comic Con (2045418)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 25th, 2019 @ 11:09pm CST
Much better looking, even if mistransformed. Can’t wait to get the last four to complete this abomination!
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator on Display at Dutch Comic Con (2045423)
Posted by Tobias062003 on November 26th, 2019 @ 1:01am CST
Gosh! those arms are a mess :SICK: , but at least the body looks better 8-)
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator on Display at Dutch Comic Con (2045425)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on November 26th, 2019 @ 2:01am CST
Just pop it in the microwave for a few minutes and BAM, hot garbage...'nuff said! :)) :VEHI:
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator on Display at Dutch Comic Con (2045427)
Posted by Cheesinator on November 26th, 2019 @ 3:54am CST
The prototype colours and horrible transformation of the arms make this particular image look rather messy, but I'm blown away by the engineering and ambition that's gone into this.

I was on the fence on getting any of the Constructicons until I saw the completed Devastator, but this has sold it. Can't wait to move to NY in a few weeks and start hunting them down. :D

DeathReviews wrote:Alas - I thought Bayverse Devastator was trash when I first saw it, and I see little evidence that the Studio Series version is any better. The movie fans can have this one.

You were expecting a line whose entire point is to make movie-accurate figures to radically alter the appearance of the characters?

Studio Series in general must have been absolutely brutal for you.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator on Display at Dutch Comic Con (2045428)
Posted by Deadput on November 26th, 2019 @ 4:29am CST

Well no duh the movie fans can have it that's who the figure is for.

That's like asking if the Generations figures are to appeal to non G1 fans. (or whoever generation a figure represents like the occasional Beast Wars or UT homage)
Re: Transformers Studio Series Devastator on Display at Dutch Comic Con (2045429)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 26th, 2019 @ 5:57am CST
Deadput wrote:

Well no duh the movie fans can have it that's who the figure is for.

There is absolutely no point responding to him. He's just an adamant Bay hater who only spew hate comments via the news post without ever entering the thread.
>:oP

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #236 - Tangled Web
"Tangled Web"
Posted: Monday, December 9th, 2019

Buy "TRANSFORMERS - BISK Robots in Disguise Legion Toy HASBRO Figure Legend Bot NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Ultra Class Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe Class Strafe Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations Power of the Primes Legends Tailgate ACTION FIGURE NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations SDCC 2015 Exclusive Devastator Brand NEW, MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on EBAY
Buy "used Hasbro Transformers combiner wars Skylynx Sky Lynx Reign voyager" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Mega Optimus Prime Action Figure" on EBAY