Transformers News: Transformers Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger Found at US and Canadian Retail

Tuesday, January 21st, 2020 8:50am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 25,706

With the new year now in full swing, the remaining Studio Series figure due out in January have now been found in both the US and Canada. These are the two leaders, Shockwave and Scavenger. While they were available online, they are now in stores too. In Canada, these two were found at EB Games stores. The sightings come from Cybertron.ca members wesperino, Prime Sinister and CSpray. The prices were $62.99 CAD for Edge Members and $69.99 for non members.

TF Fan NothingHead, over at TFW2005, posted a finding of these same leaders. These were found in an Orlando Walmart for $49.99 USD.

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger Found at US and Canadian Retail (2050297)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 21st, 2020 @ 9:22am CST
carytheone wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Yeah, Cogman is definitely the best of the bunch, in both modes.
I like Cogman as a character and a figure, especially the SS version. The toy at least looks like a cross between C3PO and the Tin Man :lol:

Cogman's alt mode is the sexiest of the three, but Soundwave's transformation does some cooler tricks and the bot mode has better presence.
I ended up using Cogman as an army builder and gave bodies to TR Shuffler, Ramhorn and Lione.
All SS or did you mix in any of that spicy TLK goodness?

I have 1 TLK and 2 SS. I give the TLK one to Shuffler as his color pallette looks the best with that deco, and the other 2 get SS.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger Found at US and Canadian Retail (2050301)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 21st, 2020 @ 9:53am CST

Do you think the Studio Series will try for some form of Scalpel? And if so, how... microscopic will he be? :lol:
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger Found at US and Canadian Retail (2050304)
Posted by carytheone on January 21st, 2020 @ 10:14am CST
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:microscopic
:lol:

He was in the package with Shockwave next to the others, everyone must have just missed him Image
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger Found at US and Canadian Retail (2050306)
Posted by LeAwesome1 on January 21st, 2020 @ 10:41am CST
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:So, I had a bit of an odd thought. We got Brains and Wheelie with Shockwave. teeny, tiny Brains and Wheelie that could disappear in an instant, that are ridiculously tiny and easy to lose.

Excellent pun, not sure who he would come with unless they did a pack full of Soundwaves minions. Maybe ROTF Soundwave?
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger Found at US and Canadian Retail (2050307)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 21st, 2020 @ 10:55am CST
carytheone wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:microscopic
:lol:

LeAwesome1 wrote:

Thank you, thank you! I'll be here all week. :D

LeAw, I do like that idea of him coming with ROTF Soundwave. Although if it's an either/or situation I'd prefer Ravage. Both would be ideal, though.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger Found at US and Canadian Retail (2050317)
Posted by Counterpunch on January 21st, 2020 @ 1:07pm CST
Anyone thought about using the arm blade from the DotM Shockwave in place of the rubber thing the new Shockwave comes with?
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger Found at US and Canadian Retail (2050332)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 21st, 2020 @ 5:19pm CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
carytheone wrote:

What did you do with all the extra Cogman heads?
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger Found at US and Canadian Retail (2050333)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 21st, 2020 @ 5:20pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
carytheone wrote:

What did you do with all the extra Cogman heads?

I let them ride shotgun in car mode (might as well take advantage of the other seat), and put them in a bin for bot mode.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger Found at US and Canadian Retail (2050344)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 21st, 2020 @ 6:05pm CST

Wrong! Jazz is the best, easily.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger Found at US and Canadian Retail (2050348)
Posted by carytheone on January 21st, 2020 @ 6:35pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Wrong! Jazz is the best, easily.
Jazz is aight, but I can't think of any one thing that the mold excels at. My favorite feature (it's small size) has since been usurped by the SS VDub Bee, which I feel has some cooler tricks up it's sleeve.

Cogman has the headmaster gimmick and is a slicker ride. Soundwave's transformation is more interesting and has a more posable bot mode. Jazz is by no means a bad figure though and I like it quite a bit.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger Found at US and Canadian Retail (2050349)
Posted by blackeyedprime on January 21st, 2020 @ 6:39pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Wrong! Jazz is the best, easily.

I love all the silver bots. Megatron adds a great amount of silver to the group. Might take my own group shot here for posting[/quote

Nah, the arms on jazz are almost like a deluxe figure with legion/old legend figure arms with a lack of distinction from hands/panelling. Cogman and soundwave both look better in bot modes.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger Found at US and Canadian Retail (2050351)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 21st, 2020 @ 7:22pm CST
For anyone wanting a deal on SS 43 KSI Boss (Nitro Zeus), Amazon dropped him to $19.87. He was hovering at $22.05 for a while and just dropped this afternoon, enough for me to bite and add another version of a great mold to my collection.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger Found at US and Canadian Retail (2050352)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 21st, 2020 @ 7:36pm CST
carytheone wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Wrong! Jazz is the best, easily.

I would disagree, the Jazz transformation is very tight and good, he is well articulated, looks great in both mode (best of the 3 to me, not a fan of cogman's really), Jazz is much more articulated than either of those too.

also, the VW Bee is extremely finnicky and has issues with breakage for transforming. He is one of my least favorite SS figures.

I grabbed some of my silver bots for a photo, except Cogman is his TLK toy

Also, some more shockwave with some comparisons to his original toy, including the new SS one wielding the older arm blade. This Shockwave is simply fantastic.

Also some Scavenger. This is a really really good figure too. He is so very well engineered and painted up. This figure is worth the wait, and worth the price. He is going to be this year's Rampage for me, I can feel it

and a group shot of the best wave of SS figures, hands down

Re: Transformers Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger Found at US and Canadian Retail (2050356)
Posted by Ig89ninja on January 21st, 2020 @ 9:13pm CST
Guess who I’ve found in the wild.
3FEAB943-93C6-4AD3-8557-12168F0B9DF3.jpeg
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger Found at US and Canadian Retail (2050361)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 21st, 2020 @ 11:10pm CST
Looks like I'm going to hit up Target tomorrow. Walmart sure as hell doesn't have anything. And D-Max, I stand by my assessment of Cogman being the best. Jazz and Soundwave share 2nd place.

Also, I ordered WW2 Hot Rod on Amazon Sunday night, and he showed up in my mailbox today. My mailbox is the exact size of his box, and my dumbass mailman shoved it in there, wedging it in due to the Amazon packaging adding a little more width. So when I took it out I had to squeeze his box a bit to get it out. Luckily the box made it out undamaged. I don't know why he couldn't just put it by my front door. As for the figure, I am thoroughly disappointed, even after seeing reviews prior to purchase. The figure is simplistic, which is fine in and of itself, but the vehicle mode is lackluster to say the least and the transformation is garbage. This is the worst SS figure I have gotten, really the only bad one. And it's the worst TF toy experience I have had since DoTM Leader Sentinel. Not as complicated, but still no fun. Really the only reasons I got him mainly were because he's named Hot Rod and I collect them, and to give his gun to TLK deluxe Hot Rod. And that's another thing: his box has him dual-wielding, but he comes with only 1 gun. Also a disappointment. I was hoping the reviews I saw just omitted the 2nd gun. Oh well. He will still have a spot in my Hot Rod display, but he's definitely lowest on the list.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger Found at US and Canadian Retail (2050362)
Posted by bacem on January 21st, 2020 @ 11:12pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
carytheone wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Wrong! Jazz is the best, easily.

I grabbed some of my silver bots for a photo, except Cogman is his TLK toy

and a group shot of the best wave of SS figures, hands down

Re: Transformers Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger Found at US and Canadian Retail (2050368)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 22nd, 2020 @ 6:46am CST
bacem wrote:how did you manage to make scavenger stand on his wheels without any support like that?

Very carefully. :-D

Actually I had the same problem you seem to be having at first. I found 2 things help. First position the upper wheel directly over the bottom one for the best balance. Second, I make sure that the 2 sets of little numbs of the treads that stick out slightly on each side of the lower wheel are positioned at the top and bottom. The nubs on the bottom can sort of act as additional support front to back. Then with the nubs on top of the wheel, you can collapse Scavenger's body down just a little so that support parts just above the wheel are actually touching the wheel. This will help from the wheel rotating on you.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger Found at US and Canadian Retail (2050412)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 22nd, 2020 @ 6:21pm CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

Very carefully. :-D

this right here.

Scavenger is really really good, and while I would not recommend displaying him balanced, he can do it.

Also, Bee looks great in nighttime shots

Re: Transformers Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger Found at US and Canadian Retail (2050437)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 22nd, 2020 @ 10:13pm CST

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Voy ... P8YTR9VJ06

Looks like their pricing algorithm is a little off, I know he was only $30 when I had him on pre-order with Amazon before I jumped to Hasbro Pulse for the 20% off coupon.

Anyway, I also noticed that the first photo is a pretty amusing typical Hasbro photo where they forgot to put the truck front over Devy's face when they took him out of the package. But then to double down on duh, they decided to open Devy's mouth.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger Found at US and Canadian Retail (2050438)
Posted by Emerje on January 22nd, 2020 @ 11:04pm CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:So I was looking at studio series on Amazon for any decent deals and came across quite the opposite. Amazon as the seller themselves are charging $50 for Mixmaster. :shock:

They've been really screwing up the prices a lot lately, like when Siege Sideswipe and Barricade were $22 while the rest of their wave were $20 or the Micromaster Battlesquad at $20 until just recently. Amazon is getting their wires crossed somewhere.

Emerje

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Shockdrive and Warnado" on EBAY
Buy "2016 McDonald's Transformers Happy Meal Toy #7 Grimlock Figure NIP" on EBAY
Buy "McDonalds 2016 Transformers Happy Meal Toy #6 STRONGARM MASK NIP SEALED! FREE SH" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 WHEELIE COMPLETE Takara Minibot 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Armada Mini-cons Runway Sonar Jetstorm Star Saber Sword 100% MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Power Attackers POWER PUNCH BUMBLEBEE Transformers Age of Extinction AOE Movie" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 80's Transformers G1 Constructicon Mixmaster Black Gun" on EBAY