Saturday, February 22nd, 2020 3:23pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 28,759

From Hasbro Pulse, we bring to you our next round of reveals from Hasbro Toy Fair 2020, this time in the form of Studio Series!

The Studio Series Reveals this year went heavy on the voyager class, with a leader and some deluxes thrown in there too.

Up first are the 3 deluxe class figures, coming this fall: Dark of the Moon Topspin, Bumblebee movie Cliffjumper, and Revenge of the Fallen Soundwave. Topspin is the 2nd Wrecker from Dark of the Moon to appear, and transforms faithfully into his heavily armored NASCAR Jimmie Johnson #48 alt mode. And this time, he has fists with 5mm ports and his claws! We also get Soundwave who turns into a vague satellite form, as seen in Revenge of the Fallen. Finally, we have the Bumblebee movie Cliffjumper, who turns into his Cybertronian alternate form and has a robot mode faithful to his ill-fated movie self.

In the voyager class, we get a repaint of Rampage as Skipjack to make a more movie-accurate Devastator. We also get Sentinel Prime, the big bad from Dark of the Moon, complete with his double bladed sword. Up next is the final limb component to Devastator: Scrapper. And we wrap up with Bumblebee movie Blitzwing, finally getting his long awaited toy, even if the alternate mode is not movie accurate.

And in the Leader class, we get our first official images for Overload, who will form the lower torso to Devastator.

Check out the images below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Transformers News: Transformers Studio Series Official Images - Sentinel Prime, Topspin, Skipjack, Blitzwing, and More

Credit(s): Hasbro

Re: Transformers Studio Series Official Images - Sentinel Prime, Topspin, Skipjack, Blitzwing, and More #HasbroToyFair2020 (2053700)
Posted by Brutal brawl on February 22nd, 2020 @ 3:30pm CST
They all look amazing
Re: Transformers Studio Series Official Images - Sentinel Prime, Topspin, Skipjack, Blitzwing, and More #HasbroToyFair2020 (2053703)
Posted by Master Farr 1 on February 22nd, 2020 @ 3:33pm CST
I guess bumblebee is now the repaint of Cliffjumper
Re: Transformers Studio Series Official Images - Sentinel Prime, Topspin, Skipjack, Blitzwing, and More #HasbroToyFair2020 (2053708)
Posted by LeAwesome1 on February 22nd, 2020 @ 3:38pm CST
Pre-ordered all bar Soundwave and Cliffjumper, as I could care less about them both. Excited to be getting the final constructicons, sucks that I'm double dipping on Rampage/Skipjack but at the same time, I love Rampage so will be good to free him from the combiner!
Re: Transformers Studio Series Official Images - Sentinel Prime, Topspin, Skipjack, Blitzwing, and More #HasbroToyFair2020 (2053718)
Posted by Stargrave on February 22nd, 2020 @ 3:50pm CST
Battle worn and weary our Seibertronian News Strike Team powers on bringing you fresh new images and views of the Hasbro Studio Series display from #HasbroToyFair 2020! Here we get clearer views of Revenge of the Fallen Soundwave, Sentinel Prime, Skipjack, Overload, Scrapper, Bumblebee Cliffjumper, Bumblebee Blitzwing, Topspin, and Devastator! Although there aren't as many offerings as the Earthrise line Studio Series fans will rejoice as Devastator will finally be complete. Enjoy the views and stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in #HasbroToyFair 2020 Transformers news!!

Re: Transformers Studio Series Official Images - Sentinel Prime, Topspin, Skipjack, Blitzwing, and More #HasbroToyFair2020 (2053725)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on February 22nd, 2020 @ 3:59pm CST
I'm interested in the 'Structies and maybe Soundwave. Sentinel looks good, but for my purposes I need the DOTM Leader-class one.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Official Images - Sentinel Prime, Topspin, Skipjack, Blitzwing, and More #HasbroToyFair2020 (2053729)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 22nd, 2020 @ 4:06pm CST
Stuff here is looking good!

Cliffjumper: ugh, wish it was somewhere else in another line, but it looks good! I like it!

Topspin: for some reason, I'm not convinced he's better than his old deluxe, but he still looks good and i will get him, it appears his claws are separate from his arms and you can choose to add them to the arms or not.

Soundwave: looks pretty cool, I'm down!

Sentinel: I frikkin hate that character, but his toy looks good, will pick him up.

Scapper: excited to finish Devastator and he looks good by himself!

Skipjack: will get, I love the mold

Blitzwing: shame about the alt mode, but he still looks pretty good!

Overload: looking good buddy, you are a great looking dude!
Re: Transformers Studio Series Official Images - Sentinel Prime, Topspin, Skipjack, Blitzwing, and More #HasbroToyFair2020 (2053734)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on February 22nd, 2020 @ 4:09pm CST
What's your problem with Sentinel?
Re: Transformers Studio Series Official Images - Sentinel Prime, Topspin, Skipjack, Blitzwing, and More #HasbroToyFair2020 (2053736)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 22nd, 2020 @ 4:12pm CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:What's your problem with Sentinel?

Did you watch the movie?
Re: Transformers Studio Series Official Images - Sentinel Prime, Topspin, Skipjack, Blitzwing, and More #HasbroToyFair2020 (2053746)
Posted by Tigerhawk7109 on February 22nd, 2020 @ 4:19pm CST
Well, I’m slightly less excited for Soundwave, but that Sentinel is everything that I hoped for!

:BH-PREDACON:
Re: Transformers Studio Series Official Images - Sentinel Prime, Topspin, Skipjack, Blitzwing, and More #HasbroToyFair2020 (2053752)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on February 22nd, 2020 @ 4:24pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:What's your problem with Sentinel?

Did you watch the movie?
Yes, I did. I've watched it multiple times. So what's your problem? Is it that he turns out to have a giant extremist streak, even though that has precedent in both IDW and Animated (the only other continuities where Sentinel Prime is of any real importance)? Is it that he seems to be good right up until Sam unwittingly makes him realize that Megatron didn't betray him and the plan is actually still on?
Re: Transformers Studio Series Official Images - Sentinel Prime, Topspin, Skipjack, Blitzwing, and More #HasbroToyFair2020 (2053762)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 22nd, 2020 @ 4:37pm CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:What's your problem with Sentinel?

Did you watch the movie?

That latter, and then he kills Ironhide. And his rhetoric at the end. He was a character written well enough for me to hate him after the movie, which is good, that was the intent, but he is like that character that I have a burning hatred for the movies.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Official Images - Sentinel Prime, Topspin, Skipjack, Blitzwing, and More #HasbroToyFair2020 (2053769)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on February 22nd, 2020 @ 4:48pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:What's your problem with Sentinel?

Did you watch the movie?

Okay, that's fair enough. ;)^
Reason I asked is because I've seen some people salty about him having been written that way.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Official Images - Sentinel Prime, Topspin, Skipjack, Blitzwing, and More #HasbroToyFair2020 (2053772)
Posted by Black Hat on February 22nd, 2020 @ 4:52pm CST
Argh! Blitzwing's robot mode looks great but dear god the jet mode...noooooooooooooo! That's not what a Phantom looks like! It's RUINED!

In all seriousness he actually looks rather nice, and the jet does look good, even if it's nothing like an F4 Phantom at all. I kinda want him.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Official Images - Sentinel Prime, Topspin, Skipjack, Blitzwing, and More #HasbroToyFair2020 (2053784)
Posted by Rainmaker on February 22nd, 2020 @ 5:02pm CST
Aw yeah! Blitzwing! Finally!

Also cybertronian cliffjumper looks absolutely amazing. too bad he can't split lengthways. Satellite soundwave looks quite interesting

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers Studio Series Official Images - Sentinel Prime, Topspin, Skipjack, Blitzwing, and More #HasbroToyFair2020 (2053787)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 22nd, 2020 @ 5:08pm CST
I wonder why they changed the alt mode :-?
Re: Transformers Studio Series Official Images - Sentinel Prime, Topspin, Skipjack, Blitzwing, and More #HasbroToyFair2020 (2053788)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on February 22nd, 2020 @ 5:09pm CST
Still haven't forgiven Sentinel for that. Never will. The best movie villain though, IMO. Having SS Ironhide beat the crap out of SS Sentinel is going to be cathartic.

Anyway, here's what I think on the new figures:
Cliffjumper: Not interested, but it looks pretty accurate. I was kind of hoping Blitzwing would wrap up the Bumblebee movie stuff, but now there's a definite Bumblebee retool of this around the corner.

ROTF Soundwave: Not too sure yet, I don't like the robot mode and the satellite mode is alright but I was hoping for more. I like the display stand though, I think it's really going to come down to if he has Ravage or not.

Topspin: Looks awesome, can't wait to have him. The original DOTM deluxe is super good, but I'm still excited for this one. Pulse mentioned 4 weapon accessories, which I assumed were all the guns, but it looks like the two on top of the car are anchored there and the claws are actually removable.

Scrapper & Overload: Not that new, but they both look good. I really like Scrapper in particular.

Skipjack: Well, he's a yellow Rampage. SS Rampage is on Amazon for a really good price rn, but if I ever complete Devastator I'd like to have Skipjack to break up all the red going on. If he ever goes on sale like Rampage is now I'll pick him up!

Blitzwing: I was really excited for Blitzwing, but not having the F-4 mode is a deal breaker. The robot mode does look good though.

Sentinel Prime: One of my most anticipated SS figures, I think he looks really good. I am bummed about him not having a shield, though. DNA designs or Shapeways or someone is going to have to help out with that.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Official Images - Sentinel Prime, Topspin, Skipjack, Blitzwing, and More #HasbroToyFair2020 (2053801)
Posted by carytheone on February 22nd, 2020 @ 5:26pm CST
Call me crazy but does the new Soundwave share thighs with th last one?

Talk about pretool, eh? Or did Soundwave already have his new alt mode picked out and was itching to try it on?
Re: Transformers Studio Series Official Images - Sentinel Prime, Topspin, Skipjack, Blitzwing, and More #HasbroToyFair2020 (2053810)
Posted by skidflap on February 22nd, 2020 @ 6:04pm CST
carytheone wrote:Call me crazy but does the new Soundwave share thighs with th last one?

Glad I'm not the only one who saw that. Might just be part reuse like how Shockwave reuses parts from Megatron.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Official Images - Sentinel Prime, Topspin, Skipjack, Blitzwing, and More #HasbroToyFair2020 (2053817)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 22nd, 2020 @ 7:03pm CST
I like it a lot, but man, that Blitzwing alt mode cop out is a real let down. I wonder if they had trouble getting a license for the Phantom?
Re: Transformers Studio Series Official Images - Sentinel Prime, Topspin, Skipjack, Blitzwing, and More #HasbroToyFair2020 (2053818)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on February 22nd, 2020 @ 7:06pm CST
I couldn't care less that Blitzwing's jet mode isn't 100% accurate, he's bought on sight. I've waited too long for this figure, he looks great, and he even comes with both his gun and his Silencer (i.e. what I call the blade he used to, well, silence Bee).

Is it just me, or is Cliff a very extensive Bumblejeep remold? He's got the exact same arms, and the chest and legs look to at least share engineering.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #255 - Judgment Day
"Judgment Day"
Posted: Sunday, July 19th, 2020

Buy "McDonald's HMT 2016 Transformers Robots In Disguise-#4 Thunderhoof Tractor." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction Flip & Change Lock Down Lockdown Transformer" on EBAY
Buy "2006 Transformers Robots In Disguise RID Decepticon Starscream Sealed Moc..." on EBAY
Buy "2016 McDonald Happy Meal Toy Transformers #6 Strongarm Mask NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 4 Age of Extinction Stomp and Chomp Grimlock DINOSAUR ACTION FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jetfire Siege WFC War for Cybertron New in Sealed Box" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee Hex Bug Nano Micro Robotics Transformers 4 Age of Extinction HexBug" on EBAY
Buy "transformers age of extinction snarl" on EBAY