Transformers Studio Series Optimus Prime and Starscream Packaging Art Leaked

Transformers News: Transformers Studio Series Optimus Prime and Starscream Packaging Art Leaked

Friday, January 12th, 2018 10:44AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 13,597

From the same Weibo user that brought us the most recent news regarding Power of the Primes Blastoff, we also have new Studio Series images to share with you today. The new images center on the upcoming voyager class figures Optimus Prime and Starscream. While the design is not the main image seen on the front of the box, it is the design that has lately been shown on the side of the packaging, complete with the Transformers logo and the "Studio Series" tagline. The packaging art seen shows Starscream and Optimus Prime in the same poses that they have on the front of their packaging.

Both figures are part of the upcoming Studio Series line, which will be a Generations styled line for the live action figures. While the line has not been fully and officially revealed yet, we can tell you that we should be close to the official announcement, complete with stock images of the new figures.

Check out the new images below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Credit(s): 淘宝店变形金刚改造工厂 on weibo
Re: Transformers Studio Series Optimus Prime and Starscream Packaging Art Leaked (1934684)
Posted by Va'al on January 30th, 2018 @ 2:53am CST
We had covered a report of fans playing and testing the upcoming Transformers Studio Series Leader class Grimlock figure (which you can read for yourselves here), and now thanks to Weibo user 爆料人小明, it appears we may have a prototype of the very same, in the image mirrored below.

Take a look for yourself, let us know if you think this fits the mold (heh), and join the discussion in the Energon Pub. Are you excited for this new movieverse line? Are you expecting more news about it at Toy Fair 2018 later in February? Or is it something that holds no interest to you?

Re: Transformers Studio Series Optimus Prime and Starscream Packaging Art Leaked (1934686)
Posted by ToaLeePrime on January 30th, 2018 @ 3:16am CST
The sculpt is definitely strong, but will reserve final thoughts until we see dino mode. (Gotta say though, that jaw hanging off his arm is very jarring.)
Re: Transformers Studio Series Optimus Prime and Starscream Packaging Art Leaked (1934700)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on January 30th, 2018 @ 5:45am CST
 Did anybody else notice that his arms are not attached? You can clearly See the mushroom pegs.
And I can identify 3 fake jaw halves. Two on his chest like every toy version of him has and one on his right shoulder. On the left one is the whole upper half of his T-Rex head.
AND it seems that he has no right hand. Instead of it the morningstar from the concept art and it looks like his forearm can split and flip out to become his tail, I guess. Because I can nowhere else see parts that might form his tail.
AAAND his feet seem to have the same transformation as the simplified toy versions of him like the new TLK Knight Armor Grimlock: just twist them around.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Optimus Prime and Starscream Packaging Art Leaked (1934717)
Posted by Quantum Surge on January 30th, 2018 @ 7:29am CST
Looks good for the most part, but I want to see how the final product goes (transformation, colors, etc.) At least January's ending!
Re: Transformers Studio Series Optimus Prime and Starscream Packaging Art Leaked (1934732)
Posted by william-james88 on January 30th, 2018 @ 8:11am CST
wait wait, so his T-rex legs become the Robot legs?
Re: Transformers Studio Series Optimus Prime and Starscream Packaging Art Leaked (1934735)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on January 30th, 2018 @ 8:15am CST
william-james88 wrote:wait wait, so his T-rex legs become the Robot legs?

Seems to be so no classic Grimlock transformation. I don't think they would partform the feet on his robot legs and the T-Rex jaw on his left robot arm.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Optimus Prime and Starscream Packaging Art Leaked (1934744)
Posted by Rated X on January 30th, 2018 @ 8:36am CST
Re: Transformers Studio Series Optimus Prime and Starscream Packaging Art Leaked (1934745)
Posted by ScottyP on January 30th, 2018 @ 8:43am CST
Rated X wrote:Why does he have what appears to be a dino head for a hand like BW megatron when the dino head splits to form his shoulders? This is garbage...
That's what I was thinking. It's neither screen accurate or sensical. Hopefully it's just some accessory clipped on for funsies.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Optimus Prime and Starscream Packaging Art Leaked (1934747)
Posted by dragons on January 30th, 2018 @ 8:46am CST
ScottyP wrote:

Re: Transformers Studio Series Optimus Prime and Starscream Packaging Art Leaked (1934757)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on January 30th, 2018 @ 9:31am CST
ScottyP wrote:
I totally prefer non-accuracy over fake-transformations so this is double BS.

dragons wrote:Hopefully yes but looking at Dino heads on his shoulders I don't see bottom jaw for them unless there folded away and extra head on his arm is one with movable jaw in Dino mode I see bottom jaw on heads that are on shoulders my mistake I glanced at picture head attached to his arm could extra head for another gridlock figure it doesn't look attached to his arm

READ...MY...COMMENT!!! ;) ;) ;)
Re: Transformers Studio Series Optimus Prime and Starscream Packaging Art Leaked (1934760)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on January 30th, 2018 @ 9:33am CST
Looks alright to me. It's just a prototype, I'd rather wait for the finished product to judge...
Re: Transformers Studio Series Optimus Prime and Starscream Packaging Art Leaked (1934763)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 30th, 2018 @ 9:53am CST
Re: Transformers Studio Series Optimus Prime and Starscream Packaging Art Leaked (1934764)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on January 30th, 2018 @ 9:57am CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Can't really judge based on that. But I do like the morning star on his right hand. That was something I did want on a Grimlock that he never got

Since AoE or since ever?
Re: Transformers Studio Series Optimus Prime and Starscream Packaging Art Leaked (1934765)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 30th, 2018 @ 9:59am CST
Lunatic Prime wrote:

Since AoE or since ever?
Since AoE when I first saw it. It was a neat little thing that never got translated into a toy, just the giant mace
Re: Transformers Studio Series Optimus Prime and Starscream Packaging Art Leaked (1934767)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on January 30th, 2018 @ 10:04am CST
LOCKDOWN

Do we have any hints at an SS Lockdown? Because I preordered :TAKARATOMY:'s Movie the Best Lockdown and it will presumably ship next month.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Optimus Prime and Starscream Packaging Art Leaked (1934772)
Posted by william-james88 on January 30th, 2018 @ 10:18am CST
ScottyP wrote:

Its his lower jaw you see on hsi arm. On all the other tys, it ends up on his back (I think) so this removes the kibble from his back and brings it to his arm.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Optimus Prime and Starscream Packaging Art Leaked (1934779)
Posted by Rated X on January 30th, 2018 @ 11:04am CST
Lunatic Prime wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
I totally prefer non-accuracy over fake-transformations so this is double BS.

READ...MY...COMMENT!!! ;) ;) ;)

Either way....money saved.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Optimus Prime and Starscream Packaging Art Leaked (1934785)
Posted by Sjeng on January 30th, 2018 @ 11:22am CST
some leaked info about the waves:

source.

Newsworthy?
Re: Transformers Studio Series Optimus Prime and Starscream Packaging Art Leaked (1934787)
Posted by Quantum Surge on January 30th, 2018 @ 11:24am CST
Sjeng wrote:some leaked info about the waves:

source.

Newsworthy?
Knock Out's gonna be the red sports car. Also, I hope we get a Camaro Bee from the first trilogy.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Optimus Prime and Starscream Packaging Art Leaked (1934789)
Posted by Sjeng on January 30th, 2018 @ 11:40am CST