Transformers News: Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Spotted at US Retail

Monday, November 12th, 2018 7:15PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 12,220

Thanks to Seibertronian Cprime18 and yours truly, we have word that the Studio Series Wave 4 Voyager Revenge of the Fallen Starscream has made its way to US retail! This Starscream is a redeco of the Wave 1 Voyager, done up in his Revenge of the Fallen and Dark of the Moon paintjob that includes a massive amount of Cybertronian tattoos. He also comes with a brand new saw blade accessory that replaces his missile launcher accessory. The saw blade is translucent orange and is very nice in hand.

These figures were found in a Walmart in San Antonio, Texas and a Target in Altoona, Pennsylvania. Of note here is that the Starscream found in Target was on sale for $27.99 instead of the standard $29.99, as were all the voyager class figures in that store.

Check out the images below, and let us know what you think of these figures in the comments section below!

Credit(s): Target, Walmart
Re: Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Spotted at US Retail (1993841)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 12th, 2018 @ 7:51pm CST
this guy is gorgeous

Re: Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Spotted at US Retail (1993849)
Posted by Seibertron on November 12th, 2018 @ 9:05pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:this guy is gorgeous

I like it except for the black goatee thing around his mouth. What's up with that? It's very distracting to me and I can't see his face properly because of it.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Spotted at US Retail (1993854)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on November 12th, 2018 @ 9:21pm CST
Seibertron wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:this guy is gorgeous

I think it might be to make his mouth more noticeable. It's kind of distracting now that you mention it.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Spotted at US Retail (1993855)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 12th, 2018 @ 9:24pm CST
Seibertron wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:this guy is gorgeous

I don't know, but I really like it. it adds some nice color.

I took some of my other SS guys and movie Megs out to finally take some group shots. Sorry the Megs picture is kinda crappy, it looked far better on my phone even looking at it in the gallery:

Re: Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Spotted at US Retail (1994049)
Posted by carytheone on November 14th, 2018 @ 8:58am CST
Seibertron wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:this guy is gorgeous
I still prefer the first SS Screamer release. That deco is gorgeous and the paint has a lovely stain finish. Either way it's a great mold and representation of the character. Also my first Movie Starscream.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Spotted at US Retail (1994067)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on November 14th, 2018 @ 1:54pm CST
carytheone wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:this guy is gorgeous

Agreed, I prefer the MV1 version, but you really can't go wrong either way. It does bug me a little bit that ROTF Screamer's missing the tattoos on his one leg, though.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Spotted at US Retail (1994426)
Posted by william-james88 on November 17th, 2018 @ 2:21pm CST
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Also, what's everyone's thoughts on SS Brawl? I was initially more interested in ROTF Megatron for wave 2, but with DOTM Megatron coming I don't think I need the ROTF version.

I think he's fine. I preffer the leader as a toy but this one works really well. Nice scale and I always encourage new molds.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Spotted at US Retail (1994427)
Posted by william-james88 on November 17th, 2018 @ 2:41pm CST
So far, Hasbro was the only company to release extra exclusives as part of the Studio Series line, which is why the numbering got derailed. They released Thundercracker and a slew of exclusive Bumblebee toys, while Takara simply released the mainline toys. Well, the have now announced their first exclusive numbered as SS EX. As one might guess, it is a Bumblebee but not one that has been released in the US. Instead it is the Volkswagen deluxe mold done in a rusty deco. The full name is Transformers SS EX 1967 Rusty Bumblebee.

You can see an image below. It is part of the movie campaign for the Bumblebee movie's Japanese release in March. You must buy your tickets in advance at a 7 Eleven as a prerequisite for owning this figure. Another exclusive Bumblebee item linked to advanced tickets purchases is a Bumblebee Kewpie keychain. This is a Japanese doll dressed in a Bumblebee costume which may be of interest to a few members of our community who also collect these types of dolls. You can see a video below.

Going back to the Studio Series toys, we have in package images of the 5th wave of deluxes. This wave has also been labelled as Wave 1 2019 by Hasbro. It includes Clunker Bumblebee, Crankcase, Barricade, Sideswipe and WWII Bumblebee. This wave should be out January 2019 in stores.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Spotted at US Retail (1994428)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 17th, 2018 @ 2:44pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

On the side, that would make him have a toy in the standard Deluxe, Voyager and Leader Classes, like Optimus Prime, Megatron and Ironhide. How about that?
Re: Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Spotted at US Retail (1994431)
Posted by Seibertron on November 17th, 2018 @ 4:03pm CST
SS EX 1967 Rusty Bumblebee

The name is hilarious. If only it had been a 1969 version. LOL.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Spotted at US Retail (1994434)
Posted by Octobotimus on November 17th, 2018 @ 4:38pm CST
where is this "exclusive"? all i see are figures that everyone can get.....
Re: Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Spotted at US Retail (1994437)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 17th, 2018 @ 5:07pm CST
Octobotimus wrote:where is this "exclusive"? all i see are figures that everyone can get.....

Right here. It uses the original 18 Bumblebee as a placeholder.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Spotted at US Retail (1994467)
Posted by Lore Keeper on November 18th, 2018 @ 1:11am CST
Every time I see images of SS Crankcase, I die a little inside. I can't wait to see his package where it brags about his "big screen accuracy"... :roll:
Re: Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Spotted at US Retail (1994468)
Posted by Emerje on November 18th, 2018 @ 1:39am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Right here. It uses the original 18 Bumblebee as a placeholder.

Nope, that's the rusty version, it's just very light on the rust. Look at the bottom of the door, under the headlight, and the edges of the hood.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Spotted at US Retail (1994481)
Posted by william-james88 on November 18th, 2018 @ 6:06am CST
Emerje wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Right here. It uses the original 18 Bumblebee as a placeholder.

Emerje

Its also very evident on the grey grill piece at the front.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Spotted at US Retail (1994491)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on November 18th, 2018 @ 10:10am CST
Re: Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Spotted at US Retail (1994493)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 18th, 2018 @ 11:22am CST
Nathaniel Prime wrote:I wish we could have exclusives like this in the US. A slight nitpick I havr is that I wish there was a little more rust on there but who cares, it's a free figure in Japan. Hasbro might release one on their own anyway, if Clunker Bee is anything to go by. The doll and keychain are cool too.

The figure itself isn't free. The tickets are a requirement, but you still need to pay to get him.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Spotted at US Retail (1994534)
Posted by william-james88 on November 18th, 2018 @ 7:28pm CST
Nathaniel Prime wrote:I wish we could have exclusives like this in the US.

We have tons. Especially of Bumblebee. I count 5 exclusives like this in the US:

Hasbro have been doing lots of SS exclusives, as the article mentions, while the SS-EX 1969 Rusty Trombone BB is only Takara's first.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Spotted at US Retail (1994550)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 18th, 2018 @ 9:07pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

I never got the leader, but he is better than the deluxe. The arms are a bit wonky with the tank turret kibble, and I wish you could unpeg his main gun for him to hold instead of sit on his back hanging down, but he's pretty solid
Re: Transformers Studio Series Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Spotted at US Retail (1994745)
Posted by Black Hat on November 20th, 2018 @ 8:04am CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Pretty much this. I would have liked it if his turret could turn in tank mode and if he had ankle rockers, but he's still a very fun toy, and astonishingly movie accurate for a retail Voyager. Also his transformation is pretty intuitive which is nice.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "Transformers Roadblock MPM-05 Police Car MPM 05" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots MEDIX The Doc-Bot Figure" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Ripper snapper 1986 Vintage Hasbro Rippersnapper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Motormouth Generation 2 GO-BOTS SEALED ON CARD MOC MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Motormouth Vintage Transformers Generation 2 G2 Go-Bots MOC Figure Car 1994 New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Mirage Generation 2 GO-BOTS SEALED ON CARD MOC MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS 'SIDESWIPE' SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Sideswipe Hound Skytread Cog Set 4" on EBAY