Transformers News: Transformers Studio Series SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron now Available at Target In Store and Online

Thursday, March 28th, 2019 3:42PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Wolfman Jake   Views: 20,112

We reported a while back that a listing for Transformers: Studio Series SS-31 Voyager Class Battle Damaged Revenge of the Fallen Megatron (Whew, what a mouthful!) had been found on the United States Target.com website. At the time, this special edition of the Revenge of the Fallen Megatron figure, featuring a resculpted head and scorch-mark paint applications, was not available to purchase or pre-order quite yet. That's changed now as Seibertron.com user bounti76 was able to order SS-31 Megatron from Target.com as of last night (Wednesday, March 27, 2019)! It's important to note that, as of the time of publishing this article, the Target.com listing for SS-31 Megatron again has his listed as "Temporarily Out of Stock" for online ordering, so you may need to keep checking back frequently. Luckily enough, if you want your Battle Damaged Megatron sooner rather than later, he is available in select Target stores now too! Check with Target.com to see if SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron is available in one of your local stores! A lucky fan named Grimlock25 over on http://www.tfw2005.com found one about a week ago at a Target store in Largo, Florida, USA! Take a look at this photographic evidence provided by Grimlock25 below, along with some nice stock photography of this highly anticipated figure for the Studio Series line!

Will you be picking up Battle Damaged Megatron any time soon? Had you passed on the first release in favor of a redeco down the line? Are you impressed enough to double-dip on this figure if you picked up the regular SS-13 Voyager Class Megatron earlier? Tell us what you think in the comments below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news on all things Transformers!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron now Available at Target In Store and Online (2016297)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on March 28th, 2019 @ 3:52pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:

I've read that some people have had issues with the clear plastic on Barricade breaking. Has anyone here experienced that? I do want to get SS Barricade but not if he's going to break.
Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron now Available at Target In Store and Online (2016304)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on March 28th, 2019 @ 4:20pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

I think the clear plastic ball joint cracked on mine. There is a straight line going right through it, and I don't know if it is a crack or an intended thing. It is really a tight fit and really hard to get everything lined up
Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron now Available at Target In Store and Online (2016306)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on March 28th, 2019 @ 4:24pm CDT
I actually just saw the SS-31 in a Target near me. It looks nice, but I don't think it's a big enough difference for me to buy it
Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron now Available at Target In Store and Online (2016313)
Posted by cruizerdave on March 28th, 2019 @ 5:24pm CDT
While that looks nice, what I want is an S550 Mustang Transformer. Please make it race red, GT performance pack.
Thanks Hasbro.

Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron now Available at Target In Store and Online (2016314)
Posted by Gemstonegemini on March 28th, 2019 @ 5:25pm CDT
And now, SS32 has joined my growing Legion of Primes. This guy was mainly a curiosity, I wanted to see how he differed from SS05. Yeah, he's pretty good. I like him a lot and I'm happy I got him, he differs enough from the first release that he feels like a new figure. He's a great Voyager and has a lot going on, and I think it's pretty clever the new ways they figured out to make everything fold around to give him a better proportioned robot mode. After a few days of fiddling with him, I only have three issues that are even worth mentioning.

First, and lease important, his gun feels a little small, nd I wish it was able to tab properly onto his trailer hitch or something, rather than awkwardly sticking off the nose or cab. The way th sword store on SS05 was better IMO.
Second, while I much prefer the paint and colours of this one, SS32's alt mode doesn't seem to tab together quite as well as SS05. In particular, the front wheels love to hang loose if I pick him up. Lastly, and I'm cheating a little bit here, his Instructions are terrible! I could barely figure out what I was supposed to be doing, and this is the first time I've had to look up a video just to see how to transform him. Seriously, what was wrong with the old Classics/Unicron Trilogy style instructions? >:oP
Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron now Available at Target In Store and Online (2016316)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 28th, 2019 @ 5:32pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Barricade can close up nice and tight. He just takes a bit of finesse to get EVERYTHING in just the right spot, but it can be done. I had a lot easier time getting Barricade lined up than say, VW Bumblebee, which is still a nightmare for me to perfect transforming. My only issue with Barricade is that one of his black rubber wings came bent right out of the package. I haven't had time yet to fix it with a hairdryer.

You know, I've heard this time and again whenever a Transformers figure comes out that has a lot of painted over clear plastic, and I've honestly never had a problem with any of them, not even a little hairline crack, let alone a major joint breaking. If you're careful with your figures, you should be fine, honestly.

Gemstonegemini wrote:Second, while I much prefer the paint and colours of this one, SS32's alt mode doesn't seem to tab together quite as well as SS05. In particular, the front wheels love to hang loose if I pick him up.

I know what you mean about the front cab wheels. They actually do tab in pretty solidly, but you have to make sure everything else is lined up exactly right. The tolerances are very strict for whatever reason. If anything is even a hair off, the wheel assemblies won't tab securely to the rest of the cab's wheel well structure, and they'll flop down rather easily. On my copy, one side was easier to get lined up and tabbed in than the other too.
Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron now Available at Target In Store and Online (2016329)
Posted by Ravage2031 on March 28th, 2019 @ 6:37pm CDT
Managed to have him shipped to store on the 20th and arrived today. Can't wait to pick him up tomorrow. Hopefully they restocked too.
Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron now Available at Target In Store and Online (2016357)
Posted by Seibertron on March 29th, 2019 @ 1:01am CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

PLEASE DO NOT USE A HAIR DRYER ON YOUR TRANSFORMERS! The heat from a hair dryer can get to melting point. If you need to fix bent rubber or soft plastic pieces, use boiling water which is not hot enough to melt plastic. If you do need to use a hair dryer, please use with extreme caution. Boiling water is preferred in this scenario.
Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron now Available at Target In Store and Online (2016358)
Posted by Seibertron on March 29th, 2019 @ 1:06am CDT
I bought SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron tonight. It looks much better with paint apps on it than previous version. However, the paint scheme on mine looks NO WHERE near as good as the stock photos. Mine looks less like paint apps and more like someone making random swipes with a paint brush (in particular on his legs). The one I bought is the only one I've seen in the wild so I'll be keeping my eyes out for others to see if the paint apps are better on other ones.
Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron now Available at Target In Store and Online (2016380)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on March 29th, 2019 @ 10:39am CDT
FXRuTdX.jpg

The new SS Long Haul looks good, even makes the old ROTF Voyager look like it's wearing skinny jeans :lol:

Source: https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/03/29/tra ... age-386196

Note: the actual original source is on Facebook, but somehow Facebook won't let me put a link so I had to put the next best thing ;)
Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron now Available at Target In Store and Online (2016384)
Posted by Ig89ninja on March 29th, 2019 @ 12:42pm CDT
Man, SS Long Haul looks like he needs to go on a diet!
Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron now Available at Target In Store and Online (2016386)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on March 29th, 2019 @ 1:02pm CDT
Long Haul looks like he walked right off the screen! I didn’t have any plans of getting him but I think I do now, he looks great!
Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron now Available at Target In Store and Online (2016420)
Posted by CobraLaLaLaLaLa on March 29th, 2019 @ 5:14pm CDT
Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron now Available at Target In Store and Online (2016435)
Posted by Ig89ninja on March 29th, 2019 @ 7:47pm CDT
CobraLaLaLaLaLa wrote:I bought 2 of these in store on 03/20... no way to add screen shots or pics in toy sightings section though. I guess now that they’re everywhere I can return them since I didn’t get them up for sale soon enough. :(

Where did you find Long Haul? What country?
Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron now Available at Target In Store and Online (2016436)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 29th, 2019 @ 7:58pm CDT
Ig89ninja wrote:

Where did you find Long Haul? What country?

Pretty sure he was replying to the battle-damaged megs news story >:oP
Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron now Available at Target In Store and Online (2016438)
Posted by notirishman on March 29th, 2019 @ 8:13pm CDT
Thanks to Seibertronians Nathaniel Prime and Hellscream9999, we can see one of our first in-hand images of Studio Series 37 Voyager Class Long Haul, not counting pictures taken at 'Cons and the like. This image comes to us from TransFans on Facebook, and they compare the new figure to the ten year old Revenge of the Fallen Voyager Class toy. While some may argue the original toy is still good, you can't argue that the new Studio Series is more accurate and better proportioned to the in-movie model. Unfortunately, the toy is shorter, but is more stout. Of course, the new figure can combine with the rest of the seven Constructicons to form Devastator.

And if you would like to see some great images of the original Revenge of the Fallen Voyager Long Haul toy, and maybe see how far HasTak has gone in ten years, check out the gallery below! Be sure to drop off your thoughts in the Pub forums too!

Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron now Available at Target In Store and Online (2016440)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 29th, 2019 @ 8:35pm CDT
Hot damn he looks pretty good!
Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron now Available at Target In Store and Online (2016443)
Posted by Grimlocktimus on March 29th, 2019 @ 8:47pm CDT
Well I got Scrapmetal.... seven more to go...
Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron now Available at Target In Store and Online (2016444)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 29th, 2019 @ 8:50pm CDT
He’s gonna be a big boy when he’s all put together.

That said an SDCC box set in a scaled pyramid would be perfect lol
Re: Transformers Studio Series SS-31 Battle Damaged Megatron now Available at Target In Store and Online (2016452)
Posted by Prime Target on March 29th, 2019 @ 10:34pm CDT
I really like How they've done the Shoulder Tyres and the Sharper, more angled Alt Mode. And is that a Waist swivel I detect hidden away there? Top Show! The size difference between him and the Original, Or Transformers in general for that matter, Doesn't matter to me at all. So long as the figures are awesome,Well articulated and inspired I'll love them.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
"Fire in the Sky"
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie Bumblebee VS Barricade First Encounter Box Set NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Windblade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Scoop" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Thrilling 30 Roadbuster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Scoop new in package" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thunderwing 100% COMPLETE" on EBAY