Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Found at US Retail

Transformers News: Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Found at US Retail

Tuesday, March 6th, 2018 10:13PM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 28,644

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Mindmaster, and Facebook Group Transformers Botposting, we have the very first look at Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Thundercracker! As we already knew from ToyFair, Thundercracker is a retool and recolor of Transformers: The Last Knight Nitro. As can be seen from the picture below, he's labeled as part of the Dark of the Moon toys. This is somewhat curious: the only Thundercracker toy in that line was a recolor of the same line's Deluxe Class Starscream, and had the usual blue, white, and red deco that Thundercracker toys usually have. Even the first movie's Voyager Class Thundercracker had a similar color scheme. This deco doesn't seem to be drawing from any previous iteration of movieverse Thundercracker, save for the dark blue on the arms and legs (this news crew member thinks it's reminiscent of Reveal the Shield Deep Dive). The box art appears to be a re-use of Nitro's art with Thundercracker's new, very movie-verse head.

EDIT: The same Facebook page has an image of the back of the box and the pictures appear to be taken at an actual Toysrus meaning the toy has already been found at US retail. We are told that the sighting is actually from Escondido, California.

Transformers News: Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Revealed!

What do you think? Will this be an easy purchase for you? What do you think of this figure? Please let us know below!
Credit(s): Transformers Botposting on Facebook
Re: Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Found at US Retail (1944370)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on March 6th, 2018 @ 10:20pm CST
WANT!

Also, that head design is very reminiscent of BW Inferno. Now I need to see if this would make a good repaint into a movie version of him.
Re: Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Found at US Retail (1944371)
Posted by Flashwave on March 6th, 2018 @ 10:24pm CST
Sold. I want that deco more than Nitro who I never found. Wonder if the head is still removable
Re: Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Found at US Retail (1944372)
Posted by Quantum Surge on March 6th, 2018 @ 10:33pm CST
That made me want Nitro even more. This guy may look nice, but the fact that NZ never showed up in my stores after that one time he did is infuriating.
Re: Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Found at US Retail (1944373)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 6th, 2018 @ 10:35pm CST
Well, that sure is... a thing. :-|
Re: Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Found at US Retail (1944374)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 6th, 2018 @ 10:37pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Well, that sure is... a thing. :-|

My thoughts exactly. I like the jet mode, but that’s about it.
Re: Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Found at US Retail (1944378)
Posted by The Bumbles on March 6th, 2018 @ 10:44pm CST
btw the THundercracker was found in Escondido, California. If you were wondering.
Re: Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Found at US Retail (1944379)
Posted by bacem on March 6th, 2018 @ 10:45pm CST
oh boy, i like what i see there. love the color scheme, and certainly the mold too. for the head...ehhh, i'll just replace his head with body-less titan master.
Re: Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Found at US Retail (1944380)
Posted by Flashwave on March 6th, 2018 @ 10:46pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Well, that sure is... a thing. :-|

My thoughts exactly. I like the jet mode, but that’s about it.

Where are you seeing the jet mode?
Re: Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Found at US Retail (1944381)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 6th, 2018 @ 10:47pm CST
Flashwave wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Well, that sure is... a thing. :-|

My thoughts exactly. I like the jet mode, but that’s about it.

Where are you seeing the jet mode?

Oh, sorry. Should’ve included it. Same source.
Re: Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Found at US Retail (1944382)
Posted by Flashwave on March 6th, 2018 @ 10:50pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
Flashwave wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Well, that sure is... a thing. :-|

My thoughts exactly. I like the jet mode, but that’s about it.

Where are you seeing the jet mode?

Oh, sorry. Should’ve included it. Same source.

....oh. Well that changes things. I liked the gunmetal color on the chest, didnt know about the predominant blue. Thats a little less enticing now. I still like the gunmetal more than NZ's white, but
Re: Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Found at US Retail (1944387)
Posted by Bounti76 on March 6th, 2018 @ 11:03pm CST
And here is the box back:

Re: Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Found at US Retail (1944389)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 6th, 2018 @ 11:07pm CST
Okay, now I see the Thundercracker-ness of it.
Re: Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Found at US Retail (1944390)
Posted by Bounti76 on March 6th, 2018 @ 11:09pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Okay, now I see the Thundercracker-ness of it.

Until Mindmaster sent the picture of the box, I couldn't see how that was passing as Thundercracker except in name only. But that jet mode is pure traditional Thundercracker deco.
Re: Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Found at US Retail (1944392)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on March 6th, 2018 @ 11:21pm CST
Just when I was resigned to never buy a movie toy again...
Re: Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Found at US Retail (1944393)
Posted by Hotconvoy on March 6th, 2018 @ 11:28pm CST
Re: Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Found at US Retail (1944394)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on March 6th, 2018 @ 11:32pm CST
Looks good.

I wonder if you can get a better Thunderwing by mixing parts between Nitro and Thundercracker while using the Toyhax labels.
Re: Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Found at US Retail (1944396)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on March 6th, 2018 @ 11:44pm CST
Hotconvoy wrote:Can someone help me out here? Is it known if his neck and cockpit are still Titan Master compatible? If so i might buy him, but if not then no way. That head is EVIL :twisted: :SICK:

Same question, mostly. I don't dislike the current head... But... I put Nitro in my CHUG Collection SOLELY because of Titan Master compatibility. If Thundercracker has it, I have to reconsider some things...
Re: Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Found at US Retail (1944401)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 7th, 2018 @ 12:10am CST
Now that is awesome. I love it!!!!! Favorite seeker gets a great mold and a good looking toy
Re: Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Found at US Retail (1944405)
Posted by Rated X on March 7th, 2018 @ 12:46am CST
Ewww...

Rather just have the new voyager starscream mold in all 3 seeker colors.
Re: Transformers Studio Series ToysRUs Exclusive Thundercracker Found at US Retail (1944410)
Posted by Ravage XK on March 7th, 2018 @ 1:35am CST
Wonder who will stock these in the UK?
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #203 - Light Bringer